Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've had many friend's parents with older animals ask me their opinion on when they should euthanize their animals. Like I am the right person to tell you that?! I have a feeling the medical questions will only continue now that I'm going to vet school lol
Your feeling is correct

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I get waaaay too many medical questions for someone who hasn't even set foot in a vet school lecture yet. And a lot of human questions too..? My uncle asked me to take a splinter out of his finger "because I'm going to vet school". Psshhh, if I wanted to work on people I would have applied to med school. And why he couldn't do it himself, I don't know. :rolleyes:

My default answer is:
I don't know, take them to the vet.

Etc.

Human stuff is what my sister is for so they just go to her for that thankfully

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also I got a text from one of my good HS friends that kinda stopped talking to me once we got to college and I got really excited.

And then I read:
"Hey Cdo I got a kitten a little bit ago- she lost most of her tail during birth and just recently the stub has been bothering her. She messes with it all day and it's starting to get raw and bleed frequently. It's actively bleeding now"

tenor.gif

My go to answer: "umm yeah I don't know. Sorry. I would take her to an actual vet... hope she gets better soon!"

Also, as soon as I responded that, she said "hmph". I asked her about her life since HS, and she opened the message and didn't respond. People are the worst.
"My recommendation is that you show enough concern for your pet to take it to an actual professional with a degree and a license to practice veterinary medicine, as opposed to turning to a facebook message to me."

But that's my sassy response

Reactions: 6 users
My default is just that I'm useless without my tools and pharmacy. You guys don't have the knowledge, tools or pharmacy, so no chance there. :p

Reactions: 5 users
My default is just that I'm useless without my tools and pharmacy. You guys don't have the knowledge, tools or pharmacy, so no chance there. :p
"Can you message me some of his blood? Also I'll need some money. You know what, just come in to the clinic. I have a full schedule tomorrow so you'll probably have to get an appointment with one of my colleagues." :p

Reactions: 4 users
I sometimes get people asking me for vet advice. (I used to work in a clinic, and that's the same thing as being a vet, doncha know? :rolleyes:) Now I tell them "I can't help you, I work with dead animals." It's a great conversation stopper.

Reactions: 13 users
I have two weeks of class left! omg! It's almost over, how insane!

(And then rest up this summer, go to the beach, get my jaw cracked open, and prepare for 4 more years of school)

Reactions: 1 users
I have two weeks of class left! omg! It's almost over, how insane!

(And then rest up this summer, go to the beach, get my jaw cracked open, and prepare for 4 more years of school)

Wow. Today was my last day!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Allllll done with classes. Just the weekly lab meeting for two more weeks then graduation... Time is flying

Reactions: 3 users
Gettin drunk because why not....in sorry thstsbnitnprofessional, I'm getting positively watered. Here's to you c/o 2021. What's your poison

Reactions: 15 users
Gettin drunk because why not....in sorry thstsbnitnprofessional, I'm getting positively watered. Here's to you c/o 2021. What's your poison

tonight at least (after putting in a 65 hour work week!) it's beer. two at a time in a giant cup . that's happening right now

Dude what kind

i work in a SA specialty hospital. it was just the kind of week where...call outs, people on vacation, and so many emergencies piled up that it led to zero breaks and never getting out close to the scheduled time. glad i survived it though!

Reactions: 1 user
i work in a SA specialty hospital. it was just the kind of week where...call outs, people on vacation, and so many emergencies piled up that it led to zero breaks and never getting out close to the scheduled time. glad i survived it though!

That blows but cheers to blue moon homey that's a good choice

I've been doing everything in my power to avoid studying/ writing my term paper. I've done three loads of laundry, two loads of the dishes in the dishwasher, taken out the trash***, vacuumed, swept, re vacuumed, cleaned the garbage disposal, cleaned the microwave. Next is actually washing my sheets. My apartment is looking amazing right now, my paper is not.

*** To put it in perspective- I've taken 3 kitchen sized bags of trash/ recyclables out already, and I have 3 more in my apartment that need to go out. It's been a rough semester.

Reactions: 4 users
I've been doing everything in my power to avoid studying/ writing my term paper. I've done three loads of laundry, two loads of the dishes in the dishwasher, taken out the trash***, vacuumed, swept, re vacuumed, cleaned the garbage disposal, cleaned the microwave. Next is actually washing my sheets. My apartment is looking amazing right now, my paper is not.

*** To put it in perspective- I've taken 3 kitchen sized bags of trash/ recyclables out already, and I have 3 more in my apartment that need to go out. It's been a rough semester.

Hahaha, this is ME when I don't want to study. I have a huge exam to study for? YES, definitely time to clean the microwave. Or how about finally going for that run? We can do it CDO, we're so close to summer break!

Hahaha, this is ME when I don't want to study. I have a huge exam to study for? YES, definitely time to clean the microwave. Or how about finally going for that run? We can do it CDO, we're so close to summer break!
Hahaha it's so bad. I had 5 different friends send me this diagram over the past couple days. I'm a notorious procrasticleaner. I'm currently at the "Mega-Procrastination" stage! :laugh:

IMG_1257.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe we just work "better under pressure"?! :laugh:

@mmmdreamerz @wallydo did you know you're supposed to wash your duvet cover?!?!?!

It's been 3 years and my poor duvet has not been washed at all. Rest assured, it's also in the wash now. Washing machine load number 6. Apparently, you're supposed to also wash pillows too? So I'm sure those will go in next.

@mmmdreamerz @wallydo did you know you're supposed to wash your duvet cover?!?!?!

It's been 3 years and my poor duvet has not been washed at all. Rest assured, it's also in the wash now. Washing machine load number 6. Apparently, you're supposed to also wash pillows too? So I'm sure those will go in next.
Glad I can help you procrastinate?

Haha mine definitely needs washed then. But I have to move so all in good time...this just reminded me how much stuff I have to do:oops::eek:

I was practically a professional procrasticleaner in vet school. After that came procrastibaking. And once you start baking, you make a whole other mess you get to procrasticlean, bringing you full circle.

Reactions: 5 users
taken out the trash***,

I've probably heard most of the swear words in most arrangements they can be placed in. I read this 10 times to figure out what the heck got censored

I was practically a professional procrasticleaner in vet school. After that came procrastibaking. And once you start baking, you make a whole other mess you get to procrasticlean, bringing you full circle.
I just finished procrasticooking... where do I learn to be a procrasticleaner? :p

I just finished procrasticooking... where do I learn to be a procrasticleaner? :p
Oh, I have apparently retired from procrasticleaning. Because I am 100% putting stuff off this weekend this weekend and my apartment is still a mess. But desperation in vet school makes you do ridiculous things. It's slightly better in residency because I like what I'm doing more overall. But only slightly better. My faculty has realized I need strict deadlines to get anything done.

See, I'm a reaaaally bad baker. So I don't think I would gain anything from procrastibaking (well, besides for gaining weight)

I've probably heard most of the swear words in most arrangements they can be placed in. I read this 10 times to figure out what the heck got censored
oops. Sorry teep. It wasn't supposed to be a censored word hahaha it was supposed to be a note to the bottom hahaha

where do I learn how to procrasticook? I just procrastinhale chips and queso instead.

Oh thank god. I am being serious that this gives me hope that I too, will be able to survive veterinary school. I love procrasticooking/baking/cleaning. My SO knows how I function and has actually asked me, "Do I need to do the dishes so that you can study?".

Oh thank god. I am being serious that this gives me hope that I too, will be able to survive veterinary school. I love procrasticooking/baking/cleaning. My SO knows how I function and has actually asked me, "Do I need to do the dishes so that you can study?".
How do I train mine to do this?!

Maybe we just work "better under pressure"?! :laugh:
This is my friend and I's #1 excuse for procrastination. :D

I hate cleaning, but procrasticleaning is a beautiful thing I am quite talented at. I haven't learned the art of procrasticooking though (I'm a terrible cook on the regular).