Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it bad that i'm compulsively checking my online account from my school every hour to check if the processed my transcript ????

Members don't see this ad.

Le sigh...Should I be getting concerned? I contacted the school that my missing transcript is from and they said they mailed it out the same day as my other two. Should I resend it or just wait another day?

I mean, if it costs money, I'd just wait. My transcripts haven't shown up yet, and it's super early in the cycle.

Also though, I'm just trying to beat you to the first interview..... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, if it costs money, I'd just wait. My transcripts haven't shown up yet, and it's super early in the cycle.

Also though, I'm just trying to beat you to the first interview..... :D

It needs to be on the same date to commence operation broski though!

That works :)

So I just spoke with an interesting fellow from aacpmas... He told me the wait for my third transcript could be aa long as aug 20th..

OMGG CATSSZ

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I'm currently on the west coast and so am late to replying to everything. PM me and I'll add you of FB, I'd love to to be friends with more pre-pods, I am the one and only student applying to pod school at my university! It's lonely!

I am as well, kind of strange. Only one person from last year applied and successfully got into ocpm at my college.

I am as well, kind of strange. Only one person from last year applied and successfully got into ocpm at my college.

My school is only 1250 enrollment, so that might be why, but I'm the first pod applicant in like 10 years my advisor says. She said there was a girl about 6 years ago that looked into it, but the podiatrists around my school scared her away because they told her that podiatry was a "male" field and basically she would be discriminated against as a female.... yikes!

You're welcome! Makes me want a puppy every time!

I think it's because so many pre-med students are focused on MD, DO and Dental, that by the time they learn about podiatry they're too far gone hahaha. My pre-med adviser didn't really spread the love about podiatry until I told her about it.

Also, did you all take Genetics? I don't know how important it's gonna be, but it's on the general 4 yr curriculum on the fall 2013 info book. It's that or Exercise Physiology which is part of my major, for my last semester :D!

My school is only 1250 enrollment, so that might be why, but I'm the first pod applicant in like 10 years my advisor says. She said there was a girl about 6 years ago that looked into it, but the podiatrists around my school scared her away because they told her that podiatry was a "male" field and basically she would be discriminated against as a female.... yikes!

Wow! That's a tiny school! I think we have 30,000 give or take a few thousand. But that's what I get for going to a public university.

The first pod I shadowed was a female, she had graduated a few years ago from ocpm. It was really nice to get a woman's perspective. The other two pods were both experienced old guys. I loved them too. First field I found where the Doc wasn't telling me to go work with kids in pediatrics!! I like kids, but I wouldn't be able to deal with the parents.

You're welcome! Makes me want a puppy every time!

I think it's because so many pre-med students are focused on MD, DO and Dental, that by the time they learn about podiatry they're too far gone hahaha. My pre-med adviser didn't really spread the love about podiatry until I told her about it.

Also, did you all take Genetics? I don't know how important it's gonna be, but it's on the general 4 yr curriculum on the fall 2013 info book. It's that or Exercise Physiology which is part of my major, for my last semester :D!

I took Genetics! Pass/Fail though.. I figured it wasn't real important, so I just took it for MCAT knowledge. My final percentage in the class was like 79.86%, so if some school wants to see my grade, too bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think genetics is a fun and easy class... Take it!! :) ( but I also have a convoluted brain that made orgo one giant entertaining puzzle so idk!)

I took Genetics! Pass/Fail though.. I figured it wasn't real important, so I just took it for MCAT knowledge. My final percentage in the class was like 79.86%, so if some school wants to see my grade, too bad!

I think genetics is a fun and easy class... Take it!! :) ( but I also have a convoluted brain that made orgo one giant entertaining puzzle so idk!)

Now the question is, do I take it at 8am and be done by 1:45 that day with a professor who gives 2 exams and a final, or take it at 5:30pm with a professor who gives 5 exams and drops one? Both professors got "meh" ratings on koofers, joy!

Now the question is, do I take it at 8am and be done by 1:45 that day with a professor who gives 2 exams and a final, or take it at 5:30pm with a professor who gives 5 exams and drops one? Both professors got "meh" ratings on koofers, joy!

I could not take it at 5:30 pm, that'd be awful.

I'd pick the 8 am one.

i would take it at 5:30 . Less material per exam = a bit lighter to study compared with the earlier one which only has 2 exams during the sem ( that is a lot of material per test )

We have ~800 at my college. I took genetics and loved it. I even enjoyed breeding and counting 1000 + drosophila.

i would take it at 5:30 . Less material per exam = a bit lighter to study compared with the earlier one which only has 2 exams during the sem ( that is a lot of material per test )

Less material per exam may be best for me, I took physics with 2 exams and it was kinda brutal. But the 5:30-6:45 class will suck. I'll just have to put my big girl pants on, I guess. :smack:

We have ~800 at my college. I took genetics and loved it. I even enjoyed breeding and counting 1000 + drosophila.

fruit flies?! Forget that! We used wisconsin fast plants - Brassica rapa!

Less material per exam may be best for me, I took physics with 2 exams and it was kinda brutal. But the 5:30-6:45 class will suck. I'll just have to put my big girl pants on, I guess. :smack:

i took genetics at 8 AM :mad: bad idea i was falling asleep into the 1st 20 min of class and it lasted 2 hours and the prof was great so basically i'm not a morning person

i took genetics at 8 AM :mad: bad idea i was falling asleep into the 1st 20 min of class and it lasted 2 hours and the prof was great so basically i'm not a morning person

Mine was at 1:00 pm, so I'd always take a post-lunch siesta during lecture.... :/

Why is it that the most glorious naps are in class, and at the movies?! It's just not fair... Oh and the worst is when your head keeps falling down and you keep jerking awake. Heaven forbid, you start drooling.

Why is it that the most glorious naps are in class, and at the movies?! It's just not fair... Oh and the worst is when your head keeps falling down and you keep jerking awake. Heaven forbid, you start drooling.

Or Worse:

aIBpc.gif

Just hit submit, all transcripts are received by AACPMAS...lets see how long it takes them to get through the minutiae.

Any transcript updates happen today for anyone?

AACOMAS got my transcripts today that we're sent last Thursday (not that this really matters Anymore). This leads me to believe my AACPMAS will be delivered on Monday!

AACOMAS got my transcripts today that we're sent last Thursday (not that this really matters Anymore). This leads me to believe my AACPMAS will be delivered on Monday!

Thanks for sharing.

My intuition tells me others will get interview invites before both of us! Tis' a shame.. I have an unhealthy cut throat personality.

delivered as in sent into the schools already max?

What do you guys think of residency shortage?

I'm optimistic, in general I think/hope things will be sorted out by 2017. I also don't see myself as a bottom 25% of class type. So I know statistically I have decent odds of landing a residency if I apply broad.

Back of my head I think it would suck to be 160-220k in debt with no residency and decent stats... which is also a possibility (although small).

Last edited:

I'm optimistic, in general I think/hope things will be sorted out by 2017. I also don't see myself as a bottom 25% of class type. So I know statistically I have decent odds of landing a residency if I apply broad.

Back of my head I think it would suck to be 160-220k in debt with no residency and decent stats... which is also a possibility (although small).

Not worried. Some things are not worth worrying over. Study as hard as you can, work hard during rotations, and the residency will fall in place next. True you might have to scramble, but the chances of not getting a residency are slim if you work hard from day one.

The problem will probably compound and our class will probably be the height of the problem, and then they'll start to really address/fix the problem with the class after us.

We're doomed.

The every year is going to worse off then the latter effect... lol

With the baby boomers and there diabetes epidemic there will be plenty of amputations to go around. I think we will be ok!

I do think that they should have a plan for residencies. At least for the people that graduate, and pass step exams. Even if its a 1-year chip and clip deal.

Did you guys fill in all of the future classes you think you will take this year or just the ones you already signed up for this quarter/semester?
I didn't see anywhere that it said if we need to complete the courses section all the way to where we will graduate..But I am still thinking maybe we are supposed to since it has a planned section..

Did you guys fill in all of the future classes you think you will take this year or just the ones you already signed up for this quarter/semester?
I didn't see anywhere that it said if we need to complete the courses section all the way to where we will graduate..But I am still thinking maybe we are supposed to since it has a planned section..

I filled out the whole year.

I filled out to current classes completed. I'm still up in the air about dropping a course, and didn't want to put any classes I might not complete. I doubt it matters much, because you still will need to send another transcript later.

Also should I submit my MCAT and Transcript before submitting my application or wait until after I submit my app? I still need to work on my personal statement so I can't submit my app at the moment.
You can send that in now, if you have it all ready. Your transcript and MCAT scores don't have to be sent in at the same time as your personal statement -- get those in earlier and don't wait for your app!
Just a word of advice: I currently attend NYCPM, and they require a transcript to be sent directly to the school AS WELL as to AACPMAS. I don't know if it's the same for other schools, so just keep an eye out just in case.

Good luck :)

I must say, Kent's omlette station is quite delicious.

Woah woah woah. This was never mentioned until right now! Half of us on this thread have already submitted!! Where were you when I was complaining about not knowing where to apply?!? I LOVE omelettes!!!

my final transcript finally went out today !!!!!!! :soexcited: now i don't have to stalk the people at my school and hurt them :p

my final transcript finally went out today !!!!!!! :soexcited: now i don't have to stalk the people at my school and hurt them :p

Refreshing the AACPMAS page is reminiscent of waiting for my MCAT score...

Refreshing the AACPMAS page is reminiscent of waiting for my MCAT score...

don't remind me now i have to stalk next week to see if AACPMAS gets my transcript :rolleyes: btw the page is not loading for me :eek:

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing... I think their server crashed!!! Maybe there are a LOT of applicants.....??