Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am probably just really ignorant on this application, but when I click GPA calculation it says, "There is no GPA information available." Are they waiting to verify my transcripts before calculating it for me? Is there a way to "submit" the grades that I entered??

On a related note, the format they have for putting grades in was a beezy....

Members don't see this ad.

I would highly advise you to cut your list down. Unless your application is highly flawed (and even then - its the beginning of the cycle) you will likely be offered interviews at every single school. Why not apply to your top choices and see how it goes. You can always apply to more schools later (you won't need to).

So true. I anticipate getting interviews at all the schools I apply to, so I really need to think wisely if I would really want to live in "[insert city here]."

Hey pod students, tell us why your school is better than everyone else's school!

See, with me, I feel like 5 schools may be too many, but I one, want to be on the safe side and two, I really do not know where I want to go yet.. I would have a hard time narrowing my choices down to three from the 5 I am at now. I guess I will be putting in my classes today as well as having my PS checked for the last time. Anything new with the MCAT scores being in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am probably just really ignorant on this application, but when I click GPA calculation it says, "There is no GPA information available." Are they waiting to verify my transcripts before calculating it for me? Is there a way to "submit" the grades that I entered??

On a related note, the format they have for putting grades in was a beezy....

You are exactly right. No GPA will appear till all transcripts are received and verified. Since it's the beginning of the cycle, anticipate the projected five week number by aacpmas to have it show up.

Unfortunately there is no way to get around that waiting period.

You are exactly right. No GPA will appear till all transcripts are received and verified. Since it's the beginning of the cycle, anticipate the projected five week number by aacpmas to have it show up.

Unfortunately there is no way to get around that waiting period.

How frustrating!!

See, with me, I feel like 5 schools may be too many, but I one, want to be on the safe side and two, I really do not know where I want to go yet.. I would have a hard time narrowing my choices down to three from the 5 I am at now. I guess I will be putting in my classes today as well as having my PS checked for the last time. Anything new with the MCAT scores being in?

Yeah I want to apply to 3-4. I just need to think of two more schools to apply to. If nothing else, I'll visit the other 2-3 schools just to calm any doubt I have about my first choice, if that makes any sense.

My score still isn't showing up. I'm assuming because it's the weekend they will make no progress on it... We'll see though.

Also, there is only like 900 applicants, and people are still applying in like April. How many of us could there be right now in the first week of August?? 20? 100? No way it's more than 100.....

Dang five weeks for transcripts to go through.... I guess there really is no rush to get everything together then

Don't feel bad, I live about 6 hours away from where I attended undergrad and rely on the school website for info, but their website to view undergraduate transcripts was down briefly for maintenance so I am only waiting to put in grades....who know how long though
Plus I take the MCAT this Friday....

I think I'm sending out apps to DMU, Scholl, and Azpod first and then possibly Kent & Barry.

I'm also a bit confused on LOR's...do we need to wait til we have submitted the ap and taken MCAT to send LORs?

So true. I anticipate getting interviews at all the schools I apply to, so I really need to think wisely if I would really want to live in "[insert city here]."

Hey pod students, tell us why your school is better than everyone else's school!

I just want to start off by saying all nine of the schools are wonderful schools, and I don't believe any one school is better than the rest. They all have their own pros and cons. With that being said- I picked DMU, Scholl and Temple for varying reasons. Temple because their clinicals are outstanding, DMU because of their integration with the DO program (without having to withstand the heat of Arizona-also the cost of living in Des Moines is great)and lastly Scholl because of their research opportunities. As a bonus, each one of these three schools has placed students in top residency programs year after year.

Last edited:
I just want to start off by saying all nine of the schools are wonderful schools, and I don't believe any one school is better than the rest. They all have their own pros and cons. With that being said- I picked DMU, Scholl and Temple for varying reasons. Temple because their clinics are outstanding, DMU because of their integrated DO program (without having to withstand the heat of Arizona-also the cost of living in Des Moines is great)and lastly Scholl because of their research opportunities. As a bonus, each one of these three schools has placed students in top residency programs year after year.

Okay, I'll just go to DMU then... Lol

What about LORs? People are saying they will apply to some schools now and maybe some later, but does that mean you will ask your letter writers to send letters to your schools now and then ask them again later in the cycle if you choose more schools?

What about LORs? People are saying they will apply to some schools now and maybe some later, but does that mean you will ask your letter writers to send letters to your schools now and then ask them again later in the cycle if you choose more schools?

lot of us use interfolio and one other site, so we can choose to send whenever

lot of us use interfolio and one other site, so we can choose to send whenever

I should probably figure out how to do that. The pod I shadowed just said, "I sent your LOR to the DMU email account, let me know if that works!" or something similar to that. I gave him a list of like 5 schools to send it to, but w/e, I'll deal with that when I have to i guess....

Members don't see this ad :)
ive been collecting my lors in sealed envelopes from my references and plan on sending them my self. I should have used interfolio however.. probably would have been a lot easier than doing it the old fashioned way.

So there is no place to send them to AACPMAS and have them divvy them out to the schools I pick? I haven't found a place yet where I put my LOR's so I think we just have to individually send them to the schools (or interfolio-whatever that means).

I should probably figure out how to do that. The pod I shadowed just said, "I sent your LOR to the DMU email account, let me know if that works!" or something similar to that. I gave him a list of like 5 schools to send it to, but w/e, I'll deal with that when I have to i guess....

Our school uses Virtual Evals for pre-health applicants. I just told the doctor to send his letter to my pre-health advisor who will be uploading the letter to my LOR packet in VEvals. Basically I asked all my letter writers to send them to the pre-health committee at my college. I am assuming each undergrad institution offers a similar service.

Intefolio easy. All you have to do is pay for the service and you type in the email on interfolio to which person you want to request the LOR from and interfolio sends them a link in their email. They click the link and just upload their LOR for you.

Our school uses Virtual Evals for pre-health applicants. I just told the doctor to send his letter to my pre-health advisor who will be uploading the letter to my LOR packet in VEvals. Basically I asked all my letter writers to send them to the pre-health committee at my college. I am assuming each undergrad institution offers a similar service.

Considering our letters are from the same guy, (and perhaps identical?? Lol) I'll try this method! Haha thanks!!

Intefolio easy. All you have to do is pay for the service and you type in the email on interfolio to which person you want to request the LOR from and interfolio sends them a link in their email. They click the link and just upload their LOR for you.

And then all the schools have access to this as well, I assume?

not all schools accept interfolio, i believe barry does not. I could be wrong on barry, but atleast one of them does not accept it.

And then all the schools have access to this as well, I assume?

No actually the site just holds and gathers the LORs for you. You have to pay to send them to each school still.

not all schools accept interfolio, i believe barry does not. I could be wrong on barry, but atleast one of them does not accept it.

Barry doesn't accept receiving the electronic submissions from interfolio. However interfolio will still mail it out for you.

No actually the site just holds and gathers the LORs for you. You have to pay to send them to each school still.

Eh, in the scheme of things it's probably easiest and what's another couple bucks...

I'm old fashioned, I hand mailed everything out July 31st. I put all the sealed LORS in one big manilla envelope and had it mailed out to each school. I wrote a "thanks for considering" note for brownie points and placed it in each manilla envelope too :)

I'm old fashioned, I hand mailed everything out July 31st. I put all the sealed LORS in one big manilla envelope and had it mailed out to each school. I wrote a "thanks for considering" note for brownie points and placed it in each manilla envelope too :)

Hah nice!!

I called AACPMAS and the dude said to wait another day on my MCAT...

So I am really glad I found this forum, I am already adding a brownie point note in my LOR envelopes as well as putting "Student Observer" on my title for my shadowing lol Thanks guys! :)

You should put "DPM Supervisor" =P

You should put "DPM Supervisor" =P

I thought about submitting an app to one of the schools that I didn't really care to go to, and for my personal statement say: "I hate feet." just to see what happens.

I think if I resubmit my app though, it will probably cost the full $165 (or w/e the "first app" fee is). So, it's not really worth it to see what happens.... But for $35.... it is tempting.... lol

I thought about submitting an app to one of the schools that I didn't really care to go to, and for my personal statement say: "I hate feet." just to see what happens.

I think if I resubmit my app though, it will probably cost the full $165 (or w/e the "first app" fee is). So, it's not really worth it to see what happens.... But for $35.... it is tempting.... lol

Talk about being screened out lol

I'm going to call the AACPMAS customer service number tomorrow to see if applying to another batch of schools later in the cycle (if needed) would require another first app fee. Because that would be ridiculous.

Also, I'm filling out my courses with my unofficial transcripts until I receive my official ones. What would you all think a summer session wold be considered? A quarter, semester or unit? My unofficial transcripts just say "Summer Session I".

Last edited:
I'm going to call the AACPMAS customer service number tomorrow to see if applying to another batch of schools later in the cycle (if needed) would require another first app fee. Because that would be ridiculous.

Also, I'm filling out my courses with my unofficial transcripts until I receive my official ones. What would you all think a summer session wold be considered? A quarter, semester or unit? My unofficial transcripts just say "Summer Session I".

I said semester. Meh

if you go to the fee schedule under q&a on the aacpmas application page under the actual table it says :

Fee for Additional Designations after e-Delivery of application:
$50.00 for each school

fee.jpg

Last edited:
if you go to the fee schedule under q&a on the aacpmas application page under the actual table it says :

$50.00 for each school

Nice find! Thanks!

Probs DMU, but I want to scope out a couple programs to make sure.

Agreed. It actually appears like NYCPM has made giant leaps these past few years. New york is such a vibrant place to live, but so damn expensive!

Agreed. It actually appears like NYCPM has made giant leaps these past few years. New york is such a vibrant place to live, but so damn expensive!

I spent a summer at Columbia University Medical Center and it was by far the best summer of my life! NYC is awesome!

But yeah, the COL is high, and I might be too distracted to do well in school, AND I'm not sure how I feel about it being an independent program... (Now it's the only one!)

7/31 (shot in the dark.... lol)
8/2 ("complete")
8/6 ("complete")

But AACPMAS disagrees that it's "complete"... lol

hmm now i'm worried i submitted ( completed) mine on aug 1 i will give it until tomorrow if not i'll resend again :rolleyes:

hmm now i'm worried i submitted ( completed) mine on aug 1 i will give it until tomorrow if not i'll resend again :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't know why they haven't been posted to AACPMAS yet... The guy said it could take up for 24 hours on AACPMAS's end, but they've had over 48 for me. He verified all my AAMC pin number stuff too.. oh well!

Ugh. I really want to submit my application, but I need to pick schools!

DMU, AZPOD, ?, and (?)?

Hehe fair enough. Scholl has great externship opportunities and they recently revamped their curriculum!

My first round of apps are going to: CSPM, Western and DMU.

I'm proof reading everything as we speak, and going to submit in a few hours. Hopefully the transcripts I ordered get there soon.

Has anyone got there mcat confirmed yet? I sent my little less then a week ago.

$50.00 for each school

Thank you!! I won't need to call them then.

Perhaps I'll apply to Scholl, but I refuse to attend a school that uses comic sans on their website on principle!

Lol. I also dislike the website! But like Nikki said as well, I've heard they have great externships.

I finally decided on schools this morning! Yesterday I was thinking 5, now I'm thinking these 6: DMU, Scholl, Temple, Western, AzPod, and NYCPM. If I wasn't a poor college student, I'd go visit more schools! I've been to DMU several times for my brother, and it's a fantastic campus/area. Loved it there.

Nikkisorous, where are you applying?