Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my final interview schedule looks like this
October 1 - Temple
October 22 - Barry
October 26 - Kent
November 5 - CSPM

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::highfive::highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

If i retook the mcat and did well in biochem like ocpm wanted me too, could i reapply later in the cycle even though i was denied admission?

your best bet is to ask the schools directly ..... but if they say no then i would withdraw my app it would look better that you reapplied bcs you withdrew than because you were rejected( there is a part in the app that asks about this ) . But like i said talk to the schools first.

Members don't see this ad :)
uhh ohh Pod Dates

MaxillofacialMN <3 AmArIe sitting in a tree lmao

Being I have a family, and going to have to move, and sell a townhouse... doh its going to effing suck.

Playing devil advocate, I have the 90+hrs needed for the schools, what if I was accepted and asked if I could take a semester off, forfeit my degree - in planning to to move for the next school year.

I know I won't do it, but thinking how the extra time would help enormously.

I'm going to try and get signed out of PChem 2, in exchange for research credits today...

crosses fingers!

lol irony is that we all miss her over here. Surely she's an awesome lab instructor:D

How?!?! She spends like 5 minutes per slide and I don't think anything ever gets said??

my final interview schedule looks like this
October 1 - Temple
October 22 - Barry
October 26 - Kent
November 5 - CSPM

Is it a good idea to schedule your Temple and CSPM interviews so far away from each other? You have 30 days after an acceptance to respond, right? What if you get an acceptance from Temple on say, October 6th. That would mean that you would have to respond to that acceptance by November 5th, the day of your CSPM interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a good idea to schedule your Temple and CSPM interviews so far away from each other? You have 30 days after an acceptance to respond, right? What if you get an acceptance from Temple on say, October 6th. That would mean that you would have to respond to that acceptance by November 5th, the day of your CSPM interview.
it was the only date of the 3 available that i could make it

I'm not set on DMU. I want to check out the other programs first. See what they offer and how DMU compares. If i had to answer, I'd say DMU is my #1, but I want to make sure I'm making an informed vacation.
[

Also, yes. I like road trips/time off school. :cool:

An informed vacation...i see where your mind is ;)

@MaxillofacialMN sorry I'm too lay to look it up, but how much was deposit to hold your spot at DMU? and how long do they give you to make a choice?

I'm worried my interview at cspm is like 3 weeks apart, and wouldn't want to forfeit a seat, to chance for cspm. I may have to put down $ to hold it just in case.

If you explain your situation they will give you more than 30 days to decide. If a school accepts you they want you there.

Haha perhaps! I really need to figure out the whole airport-->hotel--->temple--->airport transportation....

Any advice?
If you are staying at the hotel they provide, it is within walking distance of the school. google maps it

@MaxillofacialMN sorry I'm too lay to look it up, but how much was deposit to hold your spot at DMU? and how long do they give you to make a choice?

I'm worried my interview at cspm is like 3 weeks apart, and wouldn't want to forfeit a seat, to chance for cspm. I may have to put down $ to hold it just in case.

They give you 30 days to respond:

http://www.dmu.edu/pm/frequently-asked-questions/

Can I take the Jan MCAT and apply in March and still be admitted?

Don't disregard my post. They will give you more than 30 days if you are still interviewing in the near future. This was a fact said by a DMU student that had to deal with that situation.

I was just answering the question! He asked how many we are given. We are given 30 days, if you request more, you might be able to get more, but they give you 30.

I was just answering the question! He asked how many we are given. We are given 30 days, if you request more, you might be able to get more, but they give you 30.

Haha I'm just teasing ;]

@Anklebreaker, will I see you at Scholl on the 18th?

Yes, although some of the schools with smaller class sizes (DMU, AZPOD, Western) might be full by the time you apply. There will still be plenty of seats left at the other schools so do not worry. It is also not uncommon for students to apply late in the Spring and still be accepted.

Thanks. I am trying to go to Barry. I live in S.Fla my whole life cant imagine not being here.

Just a question: Does NYCPM have an actual campus? Every picture I've seen of it looks like just a run down building in the middle of Harlem. Does it have a quad or a field or anything like that?

Just a question: Does NYCPM have an actual campus? Every picture I've seen of it looks like just a run down building in the middle of Harlem. Does it have a quad or a field or anything like that?

NYCPM is basically two buildings that are connected and that's it. Though outside may look old, they recently renovated their facilities so it looks nice in the inside (personal opinion). I actually thought it looked a lot better than Temple. when I was at Temple this week for the interview, we were informed that they are trying to renovate their facility. but they said the same thing a year ago and nothing changed.

I've got orthopedics capstone clinic/lecture/workshop from 8am-3pm that day. If you stick around after your interview we could meet up and I can answer any questions you may have about Scholl. I used to be in charge of the student tour guides during my second year so I can still give some valuable perspective about the school. Or, if you are still in the area the following day, October 19th, I will be done with class by 12pm. We could meet up then. Your decision.

PM me if you want.

:thumbup:

Did anyone get interview invites to DMU or Midwestern without having their MCAT scores?

Did anyone get interview invites to DMU or Midwestern without having their MCAT scores?

I know at DMU there were some.

Dmu has already interviewed 14 people. I suggest people interested in DMU to get on that ASAP.

Ahh that makes me nervous! I have my interview October 19th!!

Ahh that makes me nervous! I have my interview October 19th!!

I'm sure you will be fine!!

Just when I interviewed on the 21st there were 10 people there, and both students and faculty commented on that being the largest interview group they have ever seen. It doesn't really apply to you though, October 19th is right around the corner and still early :)!

Schools interview students 1 by 1 right? I keep hearing how there are other students at interviews, and I wonder if it's a personal interview or a group one. I know that if I run into any other competition, I'm going to feel even more nervous!

Schools interview students 1 by 1 right? I keep hearing how there are other students at interviews, and I wonder if it's a personal interview or a group one. I know that if I run into any other competition, I'm going to feel even more nervous!

that really depends on the school. you can check which school does and which does not under the interview feedback page under reference materials.

when I was at Temple, there was an informal group interview with the associate dean, and then after that, we had 1 on 1 interview with a clinical faculty.

at NYCPM, i had an interview with a current student and another interview with a panel (the dean and the associate dean), so I was the only applicant for both of those interviews.

Has anyone interviewed at Barry, Kent State, or Samuel Merritt for this cycle yet??

that really depends on the school. you can check which school does and which does not under the interview feedback page under reference materials.

when I was at Temple, there was an informal group interview with the associate dean, and then after that, we had 1 on 1 interview with a clinical faculty.

at NYCPM, i had an interview with a current student and another interview with a panel (the dean and the associate dean), so I was the only applicant for both of those interviews.

Crap. I hate group interviews. It's a candidate group, right? Not a panel group? How many candidates were there?

Hi guys! I've sent my app to Barry and today AACPMAS mailed it so I'm pretty excited! I was wondering for those who got an interview for Barry if they received notification through email or snail mail?

I saw that someone was asking for stats for people that applied to Barry so these are mine:
25O for MCAT
3.41 GPA as calculated by AACPMAS

Thanks, congrats, and good luck to all!

Crap. I hate group interviews. It's a candidate group, right? Not a panel group? How many candidates were there?

so for temple, it was 3 candidates and 1 interviewer (the associate dean). after that we had one on one interview

at NYCPM, it was one candidate and a panel (2 to 3 faculty members)

Hi guys! I've sent my app to Barry and today AACPMAS mailed it so I'm pretty excited! I was wondering for those who got an interview for Barry if they received notification through email or snail mail?

I saw that someone was asking for stats for people that applied to Barry so these are mine:
25O for MCAT
3.41 GPA as calculated by AACPMAS

Thanks, congrats, and good luck to all!

You'll get it via email! I'm going on Oct 26th for my interview.