Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Email them, or better yet call and tell them you plan to retake, and you where not satisfied with your score.

They may be ok with still interviewing you, but with a conditional acceptance. I am a firm believer a conditional acceptance, will light a fire under u, and you will study hard, and rock the next mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

I would only interview at 1 or 2 schools, don't waste to much money yet.

Ok guys i need help, 3 schools have told me theyre just waiting on my mcat and idk what to do? Should i send my horrific grade? Is there a way to tell them im retaking it? Helppp

I would tell them you are planning to retake in January but I think you would have to send them your current score. Which schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok guys i need help, 3 schools have told me theyre just waiting on my mcat and idk what to do? Should i send my horrific grade? Is there a way to tell them im retaking it? Helppp

check your private messages :D

Dmu, temple which ive heard will automatically reject me and new york i believe.

CSPM just sent me an email stating that they are processing my app

Come on Barry!!! I'm sort of regretting only applying to one school now, especially with all of these interview invites from other schools!

Yea we all got the mass CSPM email.

I think I'm going to cancel my western interview. I think I will focus on DMU, and I think odd's are I will get a invite to CSPM.

If AZpod want's a interview, I am driving distance. I don't want to pay for 3 plane tickets, and hotels. I will lower my statistical chances a bit haha.

Well sent my scores out and talked to the ppl at dmu and new york and they were very nice. They told me send the scores and they know ill be retaking it and to not hold my head down bc they look at the full app so that was good. Hopefully theyll interview me with the intentions of me retaking it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well sent my scores out and talked to the ppl at dmu and new york and they were very nice. They told me send the scores and they know ill be retaking it and to not hold my head down bc they look at the full app so that was good. Hopefully theyll interview me with the intentions of me retaking it.

keep that head high and now concentrate on your retake :D

ok signed up for dmu interview oct. 5th, friday. Forth interview date.

I'm also waiting to hear from DMU and Scholl!
The bad news is that my landlord called today and said that the house I'm in - is now for sale lol

I got no love from DMU :-(

Not even a "hey we recieved your app."

Nada

Waiting for cspm invite and I'll be feelen good...

AZPOD interview invite today!

And my DMU interview went really well also! It was awesome!

Was really impressed with dmu. Interview went great. Hoping for an acceptance soon

AzPod interview invite also...

Man, I missed the ball on the whole AZPOD and sending transcripts directly to them as well. Just got all my transcripts re-ordered and sent out today.

Also, this whole taking the MCAT last week is really putting me behind as well! I'm jealous of all these invites and actual interviews! Nice work guys!

Man, I missed the ball on the whole AZPOD and sending transcripts directly to them as well. Just got all my transcripts re-ordered and sent out today.

Also, this whole taking the MCAT last week is really putting me behind as well! I'm jealous of all these invites and actual interviews! Nice work guys!

wait... you didn't send AZPOD your transcripts did you? I emailed them about this, and they are just looking for "final" transcripts... I thought this was really ambiguous and if i were really interested in an interview at AZPOD I probably would have sent my transcripts once I got the online account too, but I have no intention on sending them transcripts until (if) after I interview and get accepted.

wait... you didn't send AZPOD your transcripts did you? I emailed them about this, and they are just looking for "final" transcripts... I thought this was really ambiguous and if i were really interested in an interview at AZPOD I probably would have sent my transcripts once I got the online account too, but I have no intention on sending them transcripts until (if) after I interview and get accepted.

Really? That doesn't make sense. I called them and asked exactly what they needed and they said that they needed all the transcripts that I sent to AACMPAS?! So they told you that they only need the transcripts after (if) you get accepted? I'm confused now! haha And yes, I did send them my transcripts on Friday because of what their little online account checklist said! haha oh well

I scheduled a interview, without sending transcripts yet.

Sign-up, through the school online portal. I am very similar with this school, being this was one of the schools last year I interviewed, and was ultimately accepted for pharmacy. I believe you need to send them in before you start the program. I plan on this week sending them transcripts, but don't let that stop you from signing up for a interview date.

Really? That doesn't make sense. I called them and asked exactly what they needed and they said that they needed all the transcripts that I sent to AACMPAS?! So they told you that they only need the transcripts after (if) you get accepted? I'm confused now! haha And yes, I did send them my transcripts on Friday because of what their little online account checklist said! haha oh well

That's what they told me, and I got an invite so....

@MaxillofacialMN how many other students where there for the day of your interview. I'm curious, because I wonder how many seats will be filled until my early oct interview.

How late would you have to schedule your interview to have your chances affected? If I schedule my interviews in late October and November, would that affect my chances versus if I scheduled them earlier in October?

I am gonna go request transcript to be sent out monday 9/17 to aacpmas for validation. Am i too late in the game for a solid chance of getting accepted? My cGPA is around 3.5 and sGpa is around 3.5 i have a 22p on mcats and 50 hours in shadowing a podiatrist and 100 hours of hospital volunteering with 250+ hours of community service as a supervisor.

@MaxillofacialMN how many other students where there for the day of your interview. I'm curious, because I wonder how many seats will be filled until my early oct interview.

4 of us. (I think) pktgresch was there, and 2 non-SDNers.

Goodluck to everyone applying and also to those attending interviews. If you have any questions about CSPM feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to answer any questions or point you in the direction of someone who can.
Cheers

BME major

science gpa: 3.53
overall: 3.44
new york resident

MCAT
07/29/2011 05 08 P 07 20P Y 07/16/2010 06 07 N 08 21N Y

EC:
research since sophomore (no publication)
homeless shelter from time to time
since sophomore year.. volunteer at a local hospital for over 150 hrs.. (not that much sigh)
in this special program from my school where I get to shadow a medical resident and observe surgeries....
clinical work (almost everyday for 4 months)
Worked as pharm technician in 2 pharmacy
experiences in clinics
publish my senior engineering project (also won first place Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference )

do i have a chance in podiatry?

so if i apply now, assuming that I have a chance, I will start school fall 2013?

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, i truly appreciate it. I apologize if I seem to be rude by spitting out a question out of no where :(:(:(

I don't even know why you are switching to Podiatry. It's obvious you are wanting to go the DO route, just from your EC's alone. It doesn't appear you have shadowed a Podiatrist yet which is necessary too. Seriously just spend some time studying for the MCAT score a 26+ and do what you want to really do. There is nothing wrong with taking a year off to get your life together.

I don't even know why you are switching to Podiatry. It's obvious you are wanting to go the DO route,

My thoughts exactly. PreDO...I'm not sure how you came to an instant realization that you want to do podiatry, without having talked to or shadowed any DPMs yet. Is it because you've been "MCAT challenged"? Because that's a terrible reason. Your gpa and ECs will get you into DO school if you can buckle down and do well on the MCAT. So go do what you want to do and kick the mcats butt, instead of "settling for podiatry"

On a side note...nobody lives on the website. Just because one thread hasn't been replied to doesn't mean they won't and ya definitely don't need to post the same thing in multiple sections!

Best of luck!

I don't even know why you are switching to Podiatry. It's obvious you are wanting to go the DO route, just from your EC's alone. It doesn't appear you have shadowed a Podiatrist yet which is necessary too. Seriously just spend some time studying for the MCAT score a 26+ and do what you want to really do. There is nothing wrong with taking a year off to get your life together.

:thumbup::thumbup: