CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me sitting in Mason Chat last year:
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I'M SORRY

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
should we consider this?

If we no vote then 1 person dies overnight, and there will be 3 people left tomorrow
I’m open to it.

But what would be the advantage?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m open to it.

But what would be the advantage?
No way for the scum to convince one person and make a tie, like the possibility there is today.

For example, if Wonder somehow convinced Vis that I am scum or you are scum, and both of them voted for you or me, then that would tie one of us with Wonder assuming that you and I both vote for Wonder (which is what I am planning on doing). Then it is 2 v 2 and RNG decides who dies and who survives.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Also, I was trying to keep track of who gave me permission to share night results thinking that they may be a bit more likely to be actively thinking that they were my target and I don't think wonder did.
If you targeted me, it's totally fine to share results. I just assumed you would target someone else.

Day 4 Yeet Tally
Wonder (1) - Zenge

1/4
yeet close in ~29.5 hours

No way for the scum to convince one person and make a tie, like the possibility there is today.

For example, if Wonder somehow convinced Vis that I am scum or you are scum, and both of them voted for you or me, then that would tie one of us with Wonder assuming that you and I both vote for Wonder (which is what I am planning on doing). Then it is 2 v 2 and RNG decides who dies and who survives.
Doesn’t that problem exist in final 3 though?

In your example, but for final 3 if it’s you, Vis, and Wonder and Wonder convinced Vis to vote for you, that’s game. At least with a tie, it’s 50/50.

Doesn’t that problem exist in final 3 though?

In your example, but for final 3 if it’s you, Vis, and Wonder and Wonder convinced Vis to vote for you, that’s game. At least with a tie, it’s 50/50.
Only two people have to be in agreement for maj though, vs right now all 3 villagers have to be in agreement for maj.

I want to know what vis is thinking.

Only two people have to be in agreement for maj though, vs right now all 3 villagers have to be in agreement for maj.
I see what you’re saying. That makes sense.

N1:
True (alien) killed shorty
Mafia or werewolves killed lawpy
Mafia or werewolves killed PSV
Dubz stumped Alissa

N2:
Mafia?? killed sporty
Werewolves tried to kill Vis and failed??
Dubz stumped WO2

N3:
Dubz was killed (by mafia, since wolves are likely wiped out??)
Dubz stumped mafia!Mayo

I could see Vis being a NK target on N2 because she was being village read by almost everyone by that point and there were some doubts on almost everyone else. She was pretty much universally village-read.

Vis has sounded village this entire game, and I *think* her ability role of werewolf-immune has to be true because of the one night that we didn’t have a second kill. If she switched her roles and is instead a serial-killer doctor/mason, then we would’ve had another NK, right? However, I’m not sure how to account for the 3rd kill on N1 and then no more than 2 kills since then.

I guess it is possible she chose to no kill multiple times this game, but I feel like that cannot be possible. We should’ve had a mafia kill last night AND a SK kill if she’s scum, right?

I feel like it has to be Wonder. She’s mafia black goo??? But where is that extra kill on N1 coming from?

Don’t mind me slowly going crazy over here
Unless multiple factions tried to kill the same player or as mentioned forgot to submit a kill. I'm not sure the order of operations but for N3 it looks like WZ's stumping went before the mafia kill so we didn't have a kill from there (unless the last player is mafia). If mayo was the only mafia member then I wouldn't expect there to be a kill from mafia N1 and would thus need another source.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know how to reconcile wonder’s black goo card. If it is her ability instead of her aff, then she’s somehow been trying to form a goo cult this whole time, yet we’ve had zero evidence of that. The fact that she might’ve ALSO lied about getting the black goo card is possible, but I have no idea what kind of crazy world would’ve resulted in that where we had THREE people fakeclaim it. She could definitely be lying about the cards she got. I know that. But why would she have done that early in the game.

I feel like it has to be Wonder. She’s mafia black goo??? But where is that extra kill on N1 coming from?
If it doesn't make sense, maybe it's because you're trying to make an image that isn't there. When picking cards I was actually trying to help my wincon. It may have been more funny if I took the black goo card as my ability but literally it would make no sense to do so if I actually wanted to not be detrimental to my wincon. Blame the cards for giving me a vanilla villager as my third card.

• Hmm
Feel like other players have already said what I would say in response to @Zenge142's theory regarding Chaos:myself being w:w. In multifaction games, packs are extremely small so one pack mate's death is a pretty big blow - wouldn't be worth it to risk two pack mates for such a play and if lets say your theory was true for chaos and I being on the same team + they took my black goo claim - with a scenario where I flipped before chaos - chaos would be outed. It would be a pretty dangerous play. Additionally, a point to bring up is that I'd rather be a villager especially when I haven't played in a while. I am confirmed to have thrown out a village card thus even if somehow someone doesn't believe that I used the black goo card for affiliation, I did have another village card I could have used for affiliation.
Additionally, going to put this here

I'm on lunch so quickly gonna put some thoughts

Vis’s claimed cards are interesting that they decided to use the wolf-kill-immune serial killer for ability. @Viscernable why did you choose the wolf-kill-immune serial killer instead of your other cards for ability?
My choices were vanillager, vanilla serial killer, mason/doctor villager, mason/doctor sk, and wolf-immune villager. I wanted to take aff from a unique card, ideally, so the last two were the only non-vanilla options fitting that. Initially I misread the one card as just “serial killer” so was like “… is that both an ability and aff? I’ll take DIY vig villager role”. I stayed with the choice even after seeing I wouldn’t be a vig because I decided villageing would be more fun.

Let's play a game of - what if it isn't wonder? Because at this point it feels as though I'm gonna be talking to brick walls - if no ones going to listen, whats the point of me spending my time trying to help actually find who the killer is. One of you knows your scum and this is an easy misyeet. I at least hope there's only one scum left since then what's the point of today - village loses anyway.

Why would she want to be mafia/werewolf black goo though? Like there's no way for her to win because she would be a separate affiliation from her cult members, right? She would be mafia, werewolf, whatever and the people that targetted her would be cult.
I stand by it being a viable move as insurance against seers or trackers outting you via the threat of mutually assured destruction

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users

Right, instead the wolf would just have straight-up vote control if the village split, vs only having enough control to tie it with a village split. We’re in a better position today than we would be tomorrow

• Hmm

I want to know what vis is thinking.
This is only better if the scum decides to kill exactly the villager that would have caused the split.

Unless multiple factions tried to kill the same player or as mentioned forgot to submit a kill. I'm not sure the order of operations but for N3 it looks like WZ's stumping went before the mafia kill so we didn't have a kill from there (unless the last player is mafia). If mayo was the only mafia member then I wouldn't expect there to be a kill from mafia N1 and would thus need another source.
Kills are usually simultaneous so to me it makes sense for stumping to be simultaneous with kills, so I wouldn’t 100% rule out the kill being from mayo.

Kills are usually simultaneous so to me it makes sense for stumping to be simultaneous with kills, so I wouldn’t 100% rule out the kill being from mayo.
If it helps Dubz stumped me the night that I investigated her. Both went through

This doesn’t make sense. There cannot be another killing faction out there, unless 1 of the other uncovered scum factions chose to not kill every.single.night. We know for sure there are already mafia, aliens, and werewolves in the game. Those factions account for all of the deaths, without adding a serial killer into the mix. Could Vis be something besides a SK? Technically it is possible, but I really doubt it.

Kills are almost always simultaneous, so Dubz’s stumping likely happened at the exact same time as the (likely) mafia kill.

Additionally, going to put this here
Can’t use the claim that you’d prefer to be village. I used that same claim in the last CYO game as scum and it was a lie. Also, you claim that you’re not chaos’ packmate. You haven’t given us any reasons for why you are not compatible with Mayo as mafia.

My choices were vanillager, vanilla serial killer, mason/doctor villager, mason/doctor sk, and wolf-immune villager. I wanted to take aff from a unique card, ideally, so the last two were the only non-vanilla options fitting that. Initially I misread the one card as just “serial killer” so was like “… is that both an ability and aff? I’ll take DIY vig villager role”. I stayed with the choice even after seeing I wouldn’t be a vig because I decided villageing would be more fun.
So you thought you could be a serial killer that operates as a village vig? I’m not quite following.

I was just thinking that SK mason/doctor wouldn’t be as good of a role as werewolf-immune villager. I get why you wouldn’t want to keep the vanillager card.

Let's play a game of - what if it isn't wonder? Because at this point it feels as though I'm gonna be talking to brick walls - if no ones going to listen, whats the point of me spending my time trying to help actually find who the killer is. One of you knows your scum and this is an easy misyeet. I at least hope there's only one scum left since then what's the point of today - village loses anyway.
You need to explain how you’re not compatible with Mayo and who you think the actual scum member is if it’s not you.

This doesn’t make sense. There cannot be another killing faction out there, unless 1 of the other uncovered scum factions chose to not kill every.single.night. We know for sure there are already mafia, aliens, and werewolves in the game. Those factions account for all of the deaths, without adding a serial killer into the mix. Could Vis be something besides a SK? Technically it is possible, but I really doubt it.

Kills are almost always simultaneous, so Dubz’s stumping likely happened at the exact same time as the (likely) mafia kill.
it depends if stumping is counted the same way as a NK - I personally see stumping as a separate action from killing but that doesn't mean the mods see it that way.

And anything is possible. I've played multiple games where factions forgot to vote. And trying to kill the same player is obviously something that is possible. I'm giving possibilities - it's not so cut and dry that it's definitely a mafia or definitely a wolf or definitely an alien.

it depends if stumping is counted the same way as a NK - I personally see stumping as a separate action from killing but that doesn't mean the mods see it that way.

And anything is possible. I've played multiple games where factions forgot to vote. And trying to kill the same player is obviously something that is possible. I'm giving possibilities - it's not so cut and dry that it's definitely a mafia or definitely a wolf or definitely an alien.
I don’t think missing kills every single night is a reasonable thing to think happened. Factions forgetting to vote =/= somebody not killing every single night.

I do agree that things are not cut and dry. But I don’t think SK!vis not killing every single night (or one of the other factions never killing) is a reasonable explanation. Is it possible that multiple factions killed the same person? Yes. Is it likely that that happened every single night? I really don’t think so.

Dubz died, so I had to take over posting gifs and being the closest thing we have to a “high-poster” now :sorry:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So you thought you could be a serial killer that operates as a village vig? I’m not quite following.

I was just thinking that SK mason/doctor wouldn’t be as good of a role as werewolf-immune villager. I get why you wouldn’t want to keep the vanillager card.
Nah like village aff, “serial killer” ability, since I missed the “wolf-immune” part and was like “no ability listed, guess the factional kill counts as an ability then”

Nah like village aff, “serial killer” ability, since I missed the “wolf-immune” part and was like “no ability listed, guess the factional kill counts as an ability then”
Ah gotcha. Well now I’m just waiting for wonder to answer my questions

I’m actually going into the field today at work, so I probably won’t be able to thread sit all day like I did yesterday.

• Love
I’m actually going into the field today at work, so I probably won’t be able to thread sit all day like I did yesterday.
I’ll also be pretty busy today. I’m attempting to train the worst employee I’ve ever seen anywhere to do all the various things I do at my job.
He once used “I forgot my shoes” as an excuse for being late. Like he’d left his house barefoot, drove all the way to work, realized he was shoeless, and drove all the way home again, and was “just leaving now”.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I’ll also be pretty busy today. I’m attempting to train the worst employee I’ve ever seen anywhere to do all the various things I do at my job.
He once used “I forgot my shoes” as an excuse for being late. Like he’d left his house barefoot, drove all the way to work, realized he was shoeless, and drove all the way home again, and was “just leaving now”.
Omg did he actually show up today?!? That means I've lost a bet.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I don’t think missing kills every single night is a reasonable thing to think happened. Factions forgetting to vote =/= somebody not killing every single night.
People can get double-killed, though

I think I’ll be off work about on time today so should be able to participate this evening

Omg did he actually show up today?!? That means I've lost a bet.
Nope!
He was supposed to start last Tuesday. Today-
Him:I thought I was starting the 15th. I’m not going to come in today, I’m busy.
Boss: That’s not going to work. You need to come in and get trained on this.
Him: Then **** IT!
Also Him: THANKS FOR LISTENING!
So now I’m training other people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
People can get double-killed, though
I addressed this in the second paragraph of that same post.

I do agree that things are not cut and dry. But I don’t think SK!vis not killing every single night (or one of the other factions never killing) is a reasonable explanation. Is it possible that multiple factions killed the same person? Yes. Is it likely that that happened every single night? I really don’t think so.

Sorry I’ve been an absent stump the last few days. Interesting that a lot of my reads were correct. Makes me feel like maybe I’m not the worst WW player lol

• Care
Sorry I’ve been an absent stump the last few days. Interesting that a lot of my reads were correct. Makes me feel like maybe I’m not the worst WW player lol
Alissa!! Glad to see you’re here! Do you have any thoughts on the game? Do you think Wonder is the remaining scum? I think she might be from your noob class or earlier, so maybe you have some insights into her typical village vs scum play.