-----> ***CCOM Class of 2012*** <-----

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beau Geste

yah mo b there
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today was the day, baby! Got the phone call around noon from Mike and am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!

CCOM is my #1 DO choice and unless SIU comes through I'm in this class!

OK class of 2012, bring it!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL yeah you did... congrats to you and everyone else, really can't believe I'm all grown up, posting in the Osteopathic Class Thread Forum!!!:hardy:

Congrats guys! I remember I was in the same situation just a year ago. Let me know if you have any questions about anything... living on/off campus, school, etc.

How many of you that were accepted are contemplating other schools?

I think I'm getting rejected from UIC :)() so my decision will be between CCOM and SIU if I get good news from them after my interview.

They're my top 2 anyway...

My three top choices are CCOM>=MSUCOM>KCOM. I haven't gotten into state yet.

Congrats to all those who got in! I got into CCOM too!! I loved that school and being so close to Chicago is a big plus! I'm afraid I may have some trouble with the weather...I'm from SoCal. I guess there is an adjustment for where ever I go. Still not 100% sure if I'm going to go...I have 2 MD interviews coming up in Dec. and seriously considering Western or PCOM. I hate having to make this decision. I wish I had my mind set on one school, but they all seem like great fits for me. Oh well, hope everyone is enjoying this year before we enter study HELL!:D

Does anyone know the cost of the dorms?

the total room and board costs (including rent, utilities and food) for the 2007-2008 academic year for on campus housing is $11,173. I don't know if this will be the same for 2008-2009. I'm still waiting for the housing application to come up on the students checklist on Interact now...

Hey guys..
i've been complete at ccom since october 2..so almost two + months..isn't it kind of odd that I havne't heard back yet?? i've intervied at two places..pcom and nsucom and got accepted to both..I have fourteen other interviews..I just find it weird that everytime i call ccom..they tell me my file's not reviewed yet? the avg time I was told was three to four weeks..does anyone have any advice or suggestions of what i can do..or what might possibly be going on?? last time I calld them about my supplemental..which was overnight fedexed to them..they told me they didn't have it..and then someone contacted me and said.."sry, we accidentally left it in the mailroom" ..i'm just scared my file's misplaced or something..is it possible to take up to three months to hear back from them?? this was my top choice..it just makes me upset that i have to wait so long..even if i'm rejected..i'd like to hear back

Hey guys..
i've been complete at ccom since october 2..so almost two + months..isn't it kind of odd that I havne't heard back yet?? i've intervied at two places..pcom and nsucom and got accepted to both..I have fourteen other interviews..I just find it weird that everytime i call ccom..they tell me my file's not reviewed yet? the avg time I was told was three to four weeks..does anyone have any advice or suggestions of what i can do..or what might possibly be going on?? last time I calld them about my supplemental..which was overnight fedexed to them..they told me they didn't have it..and then someone contacted me and said.."sry, we accidentally left it in the mailroom" ..i'm just scared my file's misplaced or something..is it possible to take up to three months to hear back from them?? this was my top choice..it just makes me upset that i have to wait so long..even if i'm rejected..i'd like to hear back

Hi there!

So just to clarify- your file has been "complete" since 10/2 and you haven't had an interview at CCOM yet? I was confused when you mentioned how they said "3 or 4 weeks to hear back." If you received the email that acknowledged your application is complete, that's a good indication that it's at least with admissions and not sitting in some mailroom, seeing how someone had to physically review all your materials to make sure they were all there. In that case, I don't think there really is a rhyme or reason as to when they invite you for an interview. I went to three interviews within a 1.5 months of my application being complete, got accepted to all 3, and yet have not heard a WORD from PCOM (either campuses). A co-worker of mine heard back from PCOM immediately, but not one of the ones I heard back from.

HOWEVER IF you did interview and it's been over 4 weeks I think it wise to call them up (again) and explain this and maybe even ask to speak with the director of admissions (Michael Laken). After my interview, they said it could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks, so if it's been only 4, then maybe wait through the holidays? Not what you want to hear, I know. Maybe just express that you don't want to miss any deadlines, etc. Similar situation happened with me for NSUCOM...it was well past when I should have been notified (good or bad news) so I called and they told me they sent out my acceptance package nearly 3 weeks prior! If i didn't ask I could have missed the deposit deadline!! Not that I chose to go there...I just put down my deposit for CCOM!

Good luck and I hope they don't keep you waiting any longer!! Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there!

So just to clarify- your file has been "complete" since 10/2 and you haven't had an interview at CCOM yet? I was confused when you mentioned how they said "3 or 4 weeks to hear back." If you received the email that acknowledged your application is complete, that's a good indication that it's at least with admissions and not sitting in some mailroom, seeing how someone had to physically review all your materials to make sure they were all there. In that case, I don't think there really is a rhyme or reason as to when they invite you for an interview. I went to three interviews within a 1.5 months of my application being complete, got accepted to all 3, and yet have not heard a WORD from PCOM (either campuses). A co-worker of mine heard back from PCOM immediately, but not one of the ones I heard back from.

HOWEVER IF you did interview and it's been over 4 weeks I think it wise to call them up (again) and explain this and maybe even ask to speak with the director of admissions (Michael Laken). After my interview, they said it could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks, so if it's been only 4, then maybe wait through the holidays? Not what you want to hear, I know. Maybe just express that you don't want to miss any deadlines, etc. Similar situation happened with me for NSUCOM...it was well past when I should have been notified (good or bad news) so I called and they told me they sent out my acceptance package nearly 3 weeks prior! If i didn't ask I could have missed the deposit deadline!! Not that I chose to go there...I just put down my deposit for CCOM!

Good luck and I hope they don't keep you waiting any longer!! Cheers!

Thanks for replying!! k now that you mentioned it..i didn't get an email?? on interact account..everything was complete..and tehy told me over the phone it was complete.but no email..no I haven't received an interview yet..my file's wtih them apparently..i was just worried bc its been so long and they haven't even rejected me! if that's what they want to do lol ..i just want to know..i sent in my deposit for NOVA..that and CCOM were boht my toppers..i just wanted to hear back from CCOM soon so I dont have to think about it forever ! I will call Michael L. and discuss this with him..thanks for the info!

So where's the facebook group already?

Anyone know when orientation/class starts for M1 at CCOM (entering class 2008)? Last year it looks like they began last week of July..but for some reason I recall someone saying at my CCOM interview that they are starting later this year...or am I completely imagining this???

If anyone has any information, I sure hope you like to share :) Thanks!

Hey all!
I am super pumped, I was just accepted this last Friday!!
BUT!!!! I'm starting to worry about finding a good off-campus housing option. Is anybody looking for a roommate OR wanting to help look for a place?

Congrats to everyone and see you in August!

Hey everybody,
I made a class of 2012 group on facebook. Join and enjoy!

i couldn't find the group? i see 2010, 2011, but no 2012...

defpony, i got in over christmas break and I'm an international student so I'm definitely looking for someone to live with. Where are you from? Let me know if you see anything in Chicago or if you want to chat about figuring out where to live. Have a good one! Congrats on your acceptance!

Hey class of 2012, congrats on all your acceptances so far. I'm currently a first year, so if you guys have any questions, feel free to email me... [email protected]. Also, I currently live on campus in the dorms, but I am definitely living off campus next year. I'm looking for a roommate to share a 2bed/2bath apartment. If you're interested, let me know.

Lori

Hey class of 2012, congrats on all your acceptances so far. I'm currently a first year, so if you guys have any questions, feel free to email me... [email protected]. Also, I currently live on campus in the dorms, but I am definitely living off campus next year. I'm looking for a roommate to share a 2bed/2bath apartment. If you're interested, let me know.

Lori

How are the dorms on campus?

How are the dorms on campus?

Personally, I don't like living on campus. A lot of people that live on campus like it for its convenience for early classes and exams, but for me there are a lot of other things that trump the convenience factor. For the last 3 years before starting med school, while in undergrad, I lived in houses/apartments with friends, so moving back to dorm life and cafeteria food takes a lot of getting used to. I got used to cooking for myself in undergrad, which is a little inconvenient here because you have to bring your pots/pans down the hall every time you want to cook. Also, there are a lot of days when I wish I had somewhere to go to get away from campus, because after sitting in class all day and studying at the library, it would just be nice to have somewhere else to go to relax that wasn't campus. But, there are a lot of people who do enjoy the convenience of living on campus. Also, I live in the "traditional" (older dorms). If I had to live on campus again, I would choose to live in Redwood. If you have any specific questions about living on campus, don't hesitate to ask.

Hey guys,

Sorry about the FB group thing. I can't figure out why it won't come up in searches! I have all the accessibility settings at the least discrete, so, if anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, PLEASE let me know!

The official group title is:
CCOM Class of 2012

Please help if you can!

NB86 and tapperlo,

I am definitely interested in finding a place off-campus to share. I've been hearing that Yorktown II is a good place (cheaper, relatively nice, and 5 min away from campus), and I'm definitely open to suggestions. I'm from Duluth, MN, and I can move in at the end of July (probably like everybody else :p). Let me know what you think!

Brent

P.S. - I'm a guy; in case that affects your decision, tapperlo!
P.P.S. - any ideas on how I can make the FB group accessible?

Hey guys,

Sorry about the FB group thing. I can't figure out why it won't come up in searches! I have all the accessibility settings at the least discrete, so, if anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, PLEASE let me know!

The official group title is:
CCOM Class of 2012

Please help if you can!

Hey guys I just submitted my deposit today! I look forward to seeing you all next year! I think I'm going to be living off campus even though it is wildly expensive. I don't think that I could be going back to living in a dorm. I go to school in the area and really like some of the nearby apartments. Four Lakes in Lisle and another complex across the street from them is also nice and somewhat cheap. They are a bit further from campus than Yorktown though.

Perhaps the facebook group is isolated to your network, I haven't made too many groups on Facebook but perhaps we could try to remake it!

For the facebook issue, have you joined the midwestern network?

NB86 and tapperlo,

I am definitely interested in finding a place off-campus to share. I've been hearing that Yorktown II is a good place (cheaper, relatively nice, and 5 min away from campus), and I'm definitely open to suggestions. I'm from Duluth, MN, and I can move in at the end of July (probably like everybody else :p). Let me know what you think!

Brent

P.S. - I'm a guy; in case that affects your decision, tapperlo!
P.P.S. - any ideas on how I can make the FB group accessible?

Hey guys, still hanging in there!

Unless I hear from SIU or the RMED program, CCOM is still where I'm planning on attending. I've turned down the rest of my interview offers because IL is the place I want to be.

As for housing, I live about 60 minutes or so from campus so I'll probably just commute. I'm just looking forward to the first day of classes! (Then on day 2 I'll be looking forward to graduation ;))

wow, not much action here in the CCOM 2012 thread compared to some of the other schools... is anyone else planning on living on campus, for first year at least? from what i've heard, i think i would rather live in the redwood dorms than the traditional. does anyone know the odds of me getting my choice for housing, or will it probably be like a lottery system or something like that?

wow, not much action here in the CCOM 2012 thread compared to some of the other schools... is anyone else planning on living on campus, for first year at least? from what i've heard, i think i would rather live in the redwood dorms than the traditional. does anyone know the odds of me getting my choice for housing, or will it probably be like a lottery system or something like that?

I'm planning on living on campus as well. I've tried to access the online housing application forms but they're unavailable. I e-mailed the people at student services and they said that the application would be available in 2 weeks, which was a week and a half ago. As far as I know no one can apply yet. I think its first come first serve.

I'm planning on living on campus as well. I've tried to access the online housing application forms but they're unavailable. I e-mailed the people at student services and they said that the application would be available in 2 weeks, which was a week and a half ago. As far as I know no one can apply yet. I think its first come first serve.

I talked to someone at midwestern re: housing and it is a first come first serve application...Looking forward to a serious throwback to freshman year of undergrad (sike). :p

Anyone have any input regarding the on-campus apartments? Are they suites with multiple single rooms? Just curious...I know those are ridiculously hard to get.

OK,

If anybody else would like to try and create a CCOM 2012 Facebook group, please, feel free. For some reason, I can't get the group to show in any network (I'm part of Midwestern)...good luck to everyone in the whole housing debacle; if anyone is looking for a roommate off-campus, let me know.

OK,

If anybody else would like to try and create a CCOM 2012 Facebook group, please, feel free. For some reason, I can't get the group to show in any network (I'm part of Midwestern)...good luck to everyone in the whole housing debacle; if anyone is looking for a roommate off-campus, let me know.

I just created the group on the midwestern network. I think it should work. Let me know.

I talked to someone at midwestern re: housing and it is a first come first serve application...Looking forward to a serious throwback to freshman year of undergrad (sike). :p

Anyone have any input regarding the on-campus apartments? Are they suites with multiple single rooms? Just curious...I know those are ridiculously hard to get.

Were you able to fill out the application? I'm still getting that its unavailable.

Were you able to fill out the application? I'm still getting that its unavailable.

Nope- Just checked and it still says it's unavailable...I suppose we just have to keep checking...

Hey all!

I'll be part of the 2012 Class! I am so pumped to get started!

I have a count down. T- 164 days and counting...

HEE HEE I'm so giddy!

Hey all!

I'll be part of the 2012 Class! I am so pumped to get started!

I have a count down. T- 164 days and counting...

HEE HEE I'm so giddy!

when did you interview and how you found out?

I interviewed Nov. 7 and received my acceptance letter on Nov. 26.

:D I was too lazy to post earlier. Mmmm lazy. one day it will have to end... BUT NOT NOW!

CCOM class of 2012! *takes breath* It's nice to enjoy life again, for the moment. Hello all. :)

Hey guys-

Has anyone figured out what happened to the CCOM 2012 Facebook group? I was hoping to join it and figure out who my future classmates are but I cannot find it for the life of me.

hey guys, I found out I got accepted to CCOM today. Several questions for the current CCOM students:

1) How good are the core rotations offered by CCOM?
2) Whats the percentage of people get matched 1:1?
3) What is the average board score for this school?
4) Do you guy think there will be some improvement as far as technology goes on campus?

hey guys, I found out I got accepted to CCOM today. Several questions for the current CCOM students:

4) Do you guy think there will be some improvement as far as technology goes on campus?

How did you find out when you were accepted and when did you interview?

Nevermind, just checked interact now and I'm in too! I interviewed on Feb. 1st for those that are curious. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far and good luck to those of you waiting to hear :thumbup:

Nevermind, just checked interact now and I'm in too! I interviewed on Feb. 1st for those that are curious. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far and good luck to those of you waiting to hear :thumbup:

hm... my interact now has not changed yet.

I had already been accepted to AZCOM so I had to login to my matriculation agreement and then it said that I had been accepted to more than one Midwestern school. I'm not sure how it would work for interactNow. It might be that they're still working out passwords for people but since I already had one I could see it earlier.

How did you find out then?

interviewed Feb. 12, called this morning and heard I was accepted! Anyone else interview at NSUCOM that is debating between these two schools?

Hi!

Rotations for CCOM students are at great sites all within the Chicagoland area. Here is a link to rotation sites and past match lists.
http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/academic/CCOMClinEd/studentArea.htm

I'm not sure about the average board score, only pass rates were on the midwestern website:
http://www.midwestern.edu/ccom/
click on Fact Sheet/Outcomes.

In terms of technology, they are implementing faster internet on campus which should be ready before the class of 2012 gets to campus. They are also working on installing wireless in the dorms and in other buildings. I think the slow campus internet is everybody's major thorn in their side, but i live on campus and it is manageable...a bit faster will be nice.

hope this answers some of your q's...if anyone has any other q's about ccom feel free to messeeage me :)