CCOM - Class of 2007!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BUMP!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey CCOM MSIs!!!! I hope you all come out to Tilli's on Saturday night. It's a great place. I have been there and the food is reasonably price and the atmosphere is great as well. If any of you guys need directions or help getting there let me know. I live in Lincoln Park and if you want to park on a side street you need a permit; however, I have some guest passes I will try to bring about ten, so if you park on the street I will give you one. Make sure you let Adam know you are coming. See you there!

-Aaron

You can most likely count me in for tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings to the CCOM class of 2007 and current students. I just found this thread today and am bummed that I will be out of town this weekend. It would have been fun to meet some of you. To those that have never been before Tilli's is a great place and you all will have a blast. I am originally from the great state of Minnesota. My last five years have been spent in Chicago attending school and just living. I am looking forward to another great summer in Chicago and attending CCOM in the fall. I hope to hang out with some of you during the summer. Have a great time tomorrow.

Hey Adam....

I got your message. I'm glad that everyone had a good time at Tilli's.......

I'm at CCOM right now in the library. But you didn't leave your number for me to call you back. I'm still here in Chicago until Thursday..... I might be going to the Cubs game tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I will be going with a good friend of mine who is an MS-IV at Chicago Med. If anyone wants to join, get ahold of Adam and have him give you my cell number.

Give me a call Adam if you and/or anyone else wants to hang out before I leave......

Take Care,

Kristopher

Hi all, I will also be joining CCOM in the fall. I am looking for a roommate and a place to live. I was actually wondering if anyone might want to rent a house in Downers Grove. It seems a little cheaper, ex $1500 3BR, 2.5BA. Anyways, if anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks

Hey guys!! I know I haven't posted in awhile but I have been very busy! :( I hope everyone is enjoying their summers and no one has gotten too freaked out about MS-1. Anyway....talk with you all soon!! :)

Hey y'all... for those who came to Tillis we all had fun. I am sorry that some of you couldn't come. Anyhow, at dinner, we talked about having another get-together. I was going to host it at my place and have a summer BBQ. i was thinking maybe end of July. I live in Chicago (Lincoln park) and all of you are welcomed. Just want to send this out so we can do some thinking. Take care and enjoy.

-Aaron

The end of July BBQ sounds good to me. I will finally be in Chicago by then. :)

I'll be starting at CCOM this fall and am really excited. I live in Fort Collins, CO and have lived here for the past 3 years. I am originally from Sheboygan, WI and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison where I received my BS in Medical Microbiology and Immunology. I'm looking for a roommate for an off-campus apartment. Does anyone know what might be the best way to go about doing this?

I'm excited to start communicating with classmates via this forum and look forward to meeting everyone.

Todd

Hey! I'm an entering student at CCOM. I need some ideas for off-campus housing/roommates. Any ideas?

Stockton

Greetings,

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this September. I am looking for a Male or Female to share a 2 bed and 2 bath apt. The apt will be within 5 minutes of the campus. Price range will be about $500-$600. Smoker OK but no pets please. Email me [email protected] or give me a holler at 602 418 3259.

Hello to all the incoming MS-1's and congratulations on your decision to attend CCOM. Since so many of you are asking about off-campus housing situations, I'd recommend picking up a copy of the Chicagoland Apartment Guide if you are in the Chicago area (available at grocery stores, etc. for free) or look at apartmentguide.com. I myself live off campus and am pretty happy with it. Anyway, if anyone has any other questions about housing or whatever as you prepare for the upcoming school year, send me an email or PM. Have a good summer.

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

this is an update to the previous post I have left before. I am looking for a male or female to share a 2 bed/ 2 bath apt within 5 minutes of the campus. I am going to be in downers grove from June 19-21 checking out the various apt complexes and will secure a lease. If your interested then give me a holler 602 418 3259

Charles

i am going to be in chitown this monday through thursday hangin out and securing my lease, so if anyone wants to hang out one night or somethin let me know. it would be cool to meet some of you. i plan on going out every night so just holler.

With the warm weather finally arriving in Chicago, my thoughts are turning to grilling burgers and chicken. And this reminds me to place another post about this summer's get-together. I am going to make tentative plans for Saturday, August 2, 2003 to have a BBQ at my place in Chicago. This is an invitation for the incoming MSIs and other CCOM students. Please let me know if this date works for y'all. I am excited to begin CCOM and meet the rest of you all. If anyone wants to help plan this with me please feel fre to email me at "[email protected]"

Hi everyone.
It is great to hear from other CCOM students, finally. I just found out about this site and it's great. I am wondering if anyone is still looking to find a roomate? Let me know, I have filled out a lease applicaiton for the Westmore and really like it but would love to find a roomate. (I can change my deposit over to a 2 bedroom very easily.)
I just graduated from Marquette in Milwaukee with a business degree, a little strange for premed I know, and am working for Harley Davidson until the end of August. I would love to meet up with you all over the summer at some point so I will continue to check the site. I hope you all are having a great summer and hope to hear from you.
You can email me at [email protected]. Have a great day!

Karen CCOM 2007

Areitman

August 2nd works for me. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the BBQ.

Todd

Hey Guys...

It's been great hearing from other future CCOM students!! It sounds like everyone is pretty excited/anxious to start, such as myself. My name is Rory and I am a Michigan State graduate with a major in physiology. I finished college in May 2002 and have spent the last year working as an ER HUC at Mount Clemens General Hospital.

It would be great to meet as many people as possible before the start of school. I make up my own schedule at work, so as long as I have a week's notice I can be in Chi-Town anytime. Let me know when anyone wants to get together!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer before studying takes over our time. I am sure trying.

Rory

Greetings again,

I am looking for a M or F to share 2 bed / 2 bath Apt within 5 minutes of campus. I will be in DG on June 19th and 20th to tour the various apt complexes and will secure a lease by then. If you are interested then call me at 602 418 3259 so we can chat. I will See all you guys in september.

Aaron:

You can count on me being there and I am available to help you in way possible. Just email me at [email protected], and we can get this ball rollin'. Anyway, I hope everyones' summers are going great and I will chat with everyone later!! :)

Aaron,

Thanks for changing the date of your BBQ to August! I'll be moving in to my apt. end of July or Aug. 1 so I'll have arrived in Chicago just in time to meet up with all of you. I can't wait to meet you and everyone else! Thanks for organizing a get together.

Karin
[email protected]

Hey Aaron-

Sounds like fun to me. Count me in. I'll come over for the weekend. Take care, and see you then. Enjoy the summer.

I won't be in Chicago until the end of August :(

Can anyone tell me the web address to set up student email accounts. I seem to have misplaced it. Thanks for the help.

the webmail address is : mwumail.midwestern.edu

as far as setting up your account.....you should have been pre-assigned. One of the letters you received has your email address and password. If you can't find it, you could give the school a call.

Has anyone received anything regarding financial aid? We were supposed to receive something mid June, and I haven't gotten anything yet.

I haven't received any information either. I was pretty anxious for awhile after not hearing anything, and I emailed the financial aid office twice. Basically, the impression that I've gotten is that unless you hear something from them everything is fine.

I emailed the financial aid office too. They told me that they were going to contact me in August with my financial aid status and award. It seems kind of late to me, but have to accept it because i don't think i can do much about it.

I wouldn't worry about it. I agree that if you haven't been contacted, then everything is probably fine.

I visited with the financial aid counselor last month when I was in Chicago. She told me that everything was done and that we will receive a letter sometime this summer.

I think each persons letter will come at different times, depending on how quickly the fin. aid counselor can get to it, and whether or not all of the info needed is present.

Hey Guys,

There are a few CCOM MS1s that won't be able to make it to the summer CCOM BBQ on August 2nd at my place in Chicago. Are there any real objections to changing the date to the next Saturday? I figured since its the first weekend in August, people will be moving into their apartments and it might be hard for them. So, if the CCOM community doesn't mind, can we change the BBQ to August 9th, 2003. The time hasn't been selected yet and I would love to hear suggestions. So please post your feedback and by July 1st, I will try to post an official time and date.

Sincerely,

Aaron R.

p.s. I know some of you have made plans to come into town that weekend, so I understand if we can't change the date.

Either weekend would work for me. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Has anyone else been receiving stuff in the mail? I haven't got anything since my acceptance letter. I've called the office, but they aren't much help. Is this bad news for me...like they may retract my acceptance?? :confused:

Rory

Either weekend works for me as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Todd

Hello Everyone:

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope we all can make it to the BBQ blowout Aaron is planning!! :) I would prefer the second weekend, but what ever the concensus is is just fine! I cannot express how much I am ready for school to start, the anticipation is killing me! I mean, in less than 2.5 months we will all be on our ways to becoming DOCTORS! That just sounds cool!:) Anyway, I will talk to you all soon!

Rory: Do not worry about your acceptance! I talk with the admissions director and she tells me that everything will come in due time. They are just super busy in the summer, but you need not worry...if you turned in your matriculation agreement and deposit you are in unless you decide to be out! Hope this helps and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else at the BBQ!! :)

Hey all,
I figured it was time to chime in, my name is Jim Lorge and I will be joining you this fall at CCOM. I have been reading your comments for a while and have found them very useful. I have been a RN since 98, and working in an ER for the last 3.5 years. When I decided to go to medical school, osteopathic medicine seemed like the only way to go. I live in Oshkosh, WI and just got married in March :) I am really looking forward to start school, but I plan on having a little fun before that. I am taking the rest of the summer off from working and plan on golfing and just being lazy. See you soon.

Man has it been a while since i was on this website......

Congradulations to you all who will be joining us in Chicago in a few short weeks! It really was not that long ago i was in your exact same position....so believe me, no matter how much you think that you will never survive another Embryology lecture or what not, it will fly by so enjoy it!!!!

My name is John and I am a 4th year at CCOM. I noticed that several of you had posted questions about books (thought I could recommend a few for those interested), housing (I have been an RA here at Midwestern University for the last 2 years and might help with a few answers) and the general what-not-questions you might have.....

PS - I JUST finished reading the 5th Harry Potter book too! (Proof that you will have time to have a life and do things outside of medical school)

I was just wondering how do visitors come to campus? Is there a permanent guest list or do we just tell security someone is coming and when they arrive at the gate, they can come on in? If anyone knows this answer, please reply. I want my brother to be able to come pick me up from campus and take me out to a nice meal.

-Aaron

p.s. I believe the Summer BBQ will be on August 9th, but I will tell everyone the official date later this week. Can't wait to see you all!

My schedule has changed, recently. I will be on vacation beginning August 9. So, I will for sure be in Chicago the first weekend in August. If the BBQ is that weekend then great. If not, I'd love to get together with anyone who is in town.

Rory

at one point while looking up information about ccom on the web i happened to stumble across a website for the students that had all sorts of good stuff on it such as histology slides and info for other couses. Anybody know the address for this site? i can't seem to find it again. it must be the Shangri la of websites.

I too am reading the fifth Harry Potter book and would highly recomend it to any who are interested. Of course, you would have to have read the previous four first. I really would not call it a children's book. I know this isn't a lit review forum but i feel obligated to pass on info about good books.

This icon is funny: +pissed+ not in a "wow, thats funny" kind of way but more like a "Huh?" kind of way.

Hi guys....someone had asked a bit ago about how to get a visitor on campus......believe it or not, it is not that hard! If someone does not have a parking sticker they had to stop at the guard shack at the main entrance to campus and have the security guard call you and they will be given a temporary access to campus.

Any other questions????

BBQ on either Aug. 2 or 9 is OK for me.

Karin

So, I just had a great 4th of July BBQ and now I must look on to our CCOM Summer BBQ. With the feedback that I am getting, I am going to set the date for the BBQ for August 9th, 2003. More information will be posted in the next few weeks (i.e. directions, time, format of the BBQ). I will also post a time later. I hope you all had a fun 4th. In less than two months we have orientation. Can't wait.

-Aaron
CCOM 2007

hi ccomers -
i've recently transplanted myself from san francisco to chicago to start class with all of you in the fall. looking forward to meeting everyone at the bbq.
-john

Hi Everyone...

Audrey, congrats on your recent marriage and acceptance to CCOM. I'm excited to get to know you and your husband!

As for the BBQ, unfortunately I will be unable to attend b/c I am leaving for Alberta that day. I will, however, be in Chi Town this weekend, looking for appartments and visiting friends. If anyone is around and interested I would love to get together.

Rory

Congrats to all who will attend CCOM this fall. You'll love it. My wife and I are consolidating apartments and I have some stuff to get rid of. Queen size mattress/box springs/frame, futon, microwave, computer desk, wardrobe, down sofa, washer/dryer. It's all in good condition. If anyone is interested send me an email at [email protected]. Good luck to all and I'll see you in September.

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let some of you know that I received my financial aid award on June 30th. I know the school has been saying that it will come and not to worry, but it has been bugging me! But, I guess my point is not to worry. Now I have to worry about the $200,000 I'm going to owe at the end of all of this!

Hey Audrey!........you and I have a lot in common. I also scrubbed in surgery for 10 years. I also want to be a surgeon, but I am leaning towards ob/gyn or general surgery. I am also married, and I also love tennis and golf.

Also, is it possible for us to get together later in august before school starts? I won't be moving to Chicago until then. I leave Los Angeles on Aug. 23, but will be taking my time stopping in Vegas and other cities along the way. I expect I should be in Chicago by the 28th.

See you all soon!

Kristopher