CCOM - Class of 2007!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys-
Congratulations on making it through your first set of exams. I told you that first Anatomy test would be a wake-up call.

The bad news is, that is the easiest Anatomy test of the year.

The good news is, now you know how to study for them. Our class average improved by about 12% on the second exam last year.

Histology and Biochem will be a breeze compared to Anatomy. Have fun!

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Well that was certainly a pick me up. If I did so poorly on the first one and it only gets worse....... the result does not bode well. Well, time to alter the 'ol study techniques.

thanks claymore! i'm exhausted!!!!!

now it's time to catch-up in biochem.

by the way....i still haven't met you!!! who are you?!?! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kristopher,

Here is a hint... he is NOT Dr. Allan :)

-Aaron

Thank God!

Hey, am I a bad osteopathic student for studying biochem instead of going to OMM today? :D

For anyone that has family coming here this weekend for the white coat ceremony; a few of us are hanging out in the F Lodge right afterwards. We thought it would be nice to have everyone meet. It's going to be really crowded trying to leave campus right away anyway.

Also, does anyone want to try to get a group together to go out to dinner that night? I was thinking that I would just take my family to downtown downer's grove.

Aaron....I see that you are browsing this forum right now......wouldn't you be better served going over the TCA cycle or trying to figure out why some agranuolcytes really have granuoles?

hey all...after being here for almost four weeks now, i still can't match faces with sdn names. Rev.Horace....who are you. and kiss fan....who are you?

kristopher....how did you like your fancy haircut from mario's....went there today as well...way over rated.

Rory

Rory,

How do you have time to post things on here when you're so busy chasing down PS co-eds? I hear some people call you a land shark???

hey rory.....i agree....mario's is a little over rated.......but did you see all of the talent there!?

also, i just downloaded all of the pics i took at the white coat ceremony. Some of them came out really great. That picture I took of you with your mom in biochem is a keeper. I'll make sure i send it to you.

oh...and land shark!? that's classic. I think i know who your Ramora would be then!

Kris,

Are your pictures viewable on the internet? If so, what's the URL? I'd like to check them out.

Todd

jenn started a website.......and i only posted about 4 of my pictures there.....

I have nearly 100 photos that i've taken, but I don't have the time to upload each one of them to the website. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get everyone the pics. Any ideas would be great. Emailing them out would also be too time consuming. I'm thinking of compiling a CD though. That would probably be the best idea.

I'll figure it out. For now, I might just be my normal mischievous self and start posting random pics in the lecture halls for people to see!:D

Originally posted by Karibo
hey all...after being here for almost four weeks now, i still can't match faces with sdn names. Rev.Horace....who are you.

I'm Paul Nelson. I don't know if that helps since I really don't know who you are either. Chances are that I've met you, but I'm horrible with names so I don't remember you.

I am Aaron Reitman ( your class liason) who helped to get points back on Anatomy and Histo (depite taking a week to meet with the profs) I hope that helps :)

- Me

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Kristopher......the VERY serious student.

you might remember me from my many famous exploits;

such as snapping random pictures during biochem lecutre.

and that old classic...... "let's hide the heart and lungs so they can't test us on it!"

Originally posted by Karibo
hey all...after being here for almost four weeks now, i still can't match faces with sdn names. Rev.Horace....who are you. and kiss fan....who are you?

kristopher....how did you like your fancy haircut from mario's....went there today as well...way over rated.

Rory

Me? I AM Dr. Allin!!! Boo!

Originally posted by Areitman
I am Aaron Reitman ( your class liason) who helped to get points back on Anatomy and Histo (depite taking a week to meet with the profs) I hope that helps :)

- Me

Thanks Aaron, we appreciate it!!! :clap:

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
jenn started a website.......and i only posted about 4 of my pictures there.....

I have nearly 100 photos that i've taken, but I don't have the time to upload each one of them to the website. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get everyone the pics. Any ideas would be great. Emailing them out would also be too time consuming. I'm thinking of compiling a CD though. That would probably be the best idea.

I'll figure it out. For now, I might just be my normal mischievous self and start posting random pics in the lecture halls for people to see!:D

Jenn who? And what website??

Hey Aaron.....

I was just thinking.........we should make sure that no one tries to play my favorite game for the next anatomy exam. We don't want anyone getting upset.

Besides, I think that playing "hide the pe#(!" might be illegal in most of the 50 states!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope you all enjoyed my costume, I was surprised how hard everyone laughed in biochem class! :D

Hi everyone!
I'll be attending CCOM next fall. I'm very excited about it. I have a question that hopefully you guys can answer (or know from other students ahead of you).

Does CCOM offer OMM fellowships? If so, can you share me your thoughts on it? How soon would someone need to apply for this?

Thanks!
Lari

Does CCOM offer OMM fellowships? If so, can you share me your thoughts on it? How soon would someone need to apply for this?

Hey Lari,

CCOM does have an OMM fellowship program. You apply for it sometime in the mid/late second year. You end up spending one more year in rotations. As far as it's worth, I know that some of our faculty did it and their pretty good, but it all depends on how badly you want learn OMM and how much you want to utilize it in your practice. I have talked to the fellows and they seem to enjoy it, without much regret. Maybe somebody out their has more to add or modify from Class of 2007.

I agree with what vhameshw said. The only thing I hear different was that you ended up doing 3 years a on campus instead of the traditional 2 beofre you go on rotations. I may be wrong, but that was the impression given to me by one of the OMM faculty.

As far as the OMM fellowship goes....

Fellows have an additional clinical year. So, from what I understand is that the additional year consists of OMM rotations: such as in the clinic performing OMM and in the lab teaching us. I think these rotations are spread out through the 3 clinical years. The upside to this is that the tuition for the last 3 years is waived. Also, fellows get a stipend. $$$$

Thank you vmaheshw, Rev. Horace, and jealowe for your comments! It's good to hear that I won't need to actually apply for it until near the end of the second year. I wasn't sure when that application process starts. I was worried it'd be earlier than that and it would have been difficult to assess whether I really like OMM enough to do a fellowship or not.

I didn't know that you do extra OMM rotations--I only knew about helping teach the OMM labs at the school. Interesting.

Is the program pretty competitive at CCOM? I've heard that other schools have like only 2 spots for it. What would make someone a strong applicant for the program (besides doing well in OMM I guess)?

The tuition for the last three years is waived?? Wow. I think at COMP (unless I didn't hear it right), they waive that fifth year (meaning they don't charge you for that extra year).

Lari

anyone from CCOM still use this thread?

just thought i'd resurrect this thread before we graduate in 2 months