CCOM - Class of 2007!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can anyone tell me what the weather is like in chicago right now?

should I be dressing for warm weather or cold weather when I come out for the week around memorial day?

Members don't see this ad.

It's warm now. Today we expect a high of 69. At night it will go to 48.

Hello Everyone:

I am soooooooooo happy, I just found out that I can have an apartment instead of LLC. That means there is one more LLC room open for all you who want one. I hope you guys all get your housing choices.

Have we definitely set a day yet for the get-together??

Kristopher-

The weather is beautiful right now. I do not think even a Californian would be disappointed!! :) (LOL) If you go to my website (press the "www" icon under my post) you will see an up-to-date temperature reading for Downers Grove!! Also, I hope this holiday weekend really works out for you, but I was thinking that there are maybe a few of us from the area that wouldn't mind going out more than once. Is there anyone else who agrees? Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I almost forgot...I wanted to invite any current CCOMers to join us for our get-together if they want to. If interested or know some who are just post it here. Thanks!! :)

My fiance and I just found a great apartment in Wheaton! It's so much nicer than living on campus.

The weather here is a nice 70 degrees!!

ok.......I just found out that I might be able to make it on Saturday night. The wedding is on Sunday, so my wife and I will hopefully be there. :clap:

In light of recent events, I want to make the statment that as an incoming or current student that you should educate and make decisions for yourself on the proper road to take with respect to federal and private loans. As a consumer, you have the right to understand completely your financial options and it is in your best interest to make a decision that is best for your needs. With that said, I am not endorsing one lender over another but I am simply stating the fact that the THE Loans worked best and provided immediate benefits based on my needs. I do retract the initial figure that Midwestern charges a 3% origination fee for it has been brought to my attention that their current fee is 1.5% as of May 7, 2003. Also, the information provided for THE currently stands as stated and it is a fact that they do not charge origination fees.

In conclusion, my ultimate goal was not to tell any one person that they should choose one lender over another nor to portray a negative image on any financial institution but merely to inform students of options that are available and that if they wish to pursue those interests that they have every right to do so.

Kevin Boyd MS-1

Hello:

I have a question/favor for you guys. Is there any of you who will be living in the on-campus apartments who would be willing to allow me to come and see the inside of the apartments? In particular I will be living in apartment 8D this coming Fall. Although, any apartment will obviously do (I am not that picky LOL) :). Anyway, if this is at all possible please post here or PM me! Thanks in advance!! :)

Kristopher:

I am happy to hear that you might be able to come out on Saturday now!! :clap: After reading the posts and seeing no apparent opposition to Saturday, can we all assume that this is a good day to get together? I hope everyone starts to post their availabilty so we can get the party jump-started!! :) Anyway, I hope to read everyone's post soon, and everyone have a great day/weekend! See ya ;)

saturday sounds good to me

hey josh......

did we interview on the same day? I think I interviewed on Dec. 13th. It was the day after the adcom met for the last time before winter break.

HI guys,
I have a graduation party to go to on Saturday night. Were u guys planning on getting together during the day or evening?

Hi folks,
First of all it's great to see you all posting, asking questions, and getting excited about med school.

Congratulations on being accepted and deciding to attend the Number One med school in the country!!!

I am a current MS1 soon to be MS2 and look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Hopefully, at orientation they will show you guys the Class Video Yearbook that we made. It is really funny. It's a video yearbook of everything that our class did. Lost of fun!!

Myself and some students are putting together a "Unofficial Guide to Surviving CCOM Year 1" so as soon as it is done, we will get it out to you. All the little tips and tricks and secrets to getting by. Email me if you want to check on it. [email protected]

We're all happy to answer your questions, and yes we all love it here. Is it grueling? Nah.... Any med school is work, and it's no different at CCOM. You get the best possible education.

Take care..

Members don't see this ad :)
On Kazaa, search for "ccom2006" you will hopefully be able to find our class video and download it. It is about 240 MB.
Enjoy!!

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
hey josh......

did we interview on the same day? I think I interviewed on Dec. 13th. It was the day after the adcom met for the last time before winter break.

no sir, i think i interviewed on dec 4th or maybe the 6th.

Does anyone know which office we are supposed to send our final transcripts to? Is it the office of admissions? Thanks. :)

I had mine sent to the office of admissions. I figure that the worst that could happen is that they get it there and if it's the wrong place they will give it to whoever should receive it.

i've been sending mine to the office of admissions also

Okay Everybody-

We're inside two weeks from the date that we are supposedly going to get together, and we haven't nailed anything down yet. Let's get a place, date, and time set, if possible. I would like to suggest somewhere that isn't too loud so we can have the opportunity to get to know each other, without screaming. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to go to a bar and hang out, but not when you don't know the people that well. Kind of cramps the conversation. Anyway, I would prefer Saturday, if possible. Also, I still haven't heard about the e-mail list from MWU people, so I'll call again today. Thanks.

I think for us to really decide what we are going to do, we must first let everyone know what times we are available. For me, I am pretty much free anytime after 1pm. I think Mike has the right ideal about the noise level. I really want to use this opportunity to get to know each other. I suggest that maybe we all go out to dinner and then out to club/bar/lounge! :) let me know what you think, and to reiterate Mike....We have to get going on these times, places, and suggestions before time runs out. Let's keep the posts coming!!!!! :) Talk with you guys later!!

Hey, how have you been. Have you been in touch with Audrey since the reception on 4/25/03? I haven't seen her on SDN yet, but I was going to call her soon if I don't see her post. Just wondering, thanks!! :)

I think that Adam has a good idea - starting out somewhere relatively quiet. If someone is familiar with the area maybe they could suggest somewhere that would be appropriate.

Also, Mike: I think that the address [email protected] goes out to all of our MWU accounts if you want to try that for getting ahold of more people.

See you all in a couple of weekends.

i am arriving in chicago on the evening of thursday may 22.

I pm'd adam and left my cell number with him. i think saturday evening would be fine.

see you all soon....

Hello. I hope that I am not stepping on anyone's toes with this post, but here ya go: I think to facilitate our get-together its seems important for us here in the chicagoland to know what everyone is willing to spend on dinner,lounge w/ appetizers, etc... If you do not feel comfortable posting it hee (very understandable) please feel free to PM me with confidence! :) Anyway, I believe this will enable us here to start making concrete choices of where we all should meet. Well, gotta run to work, but I hope later on tonight I see some more posts or PMs!! :) Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!! See ya!!!!!!!

I like that response!!!! :laugh:

Okay, so we have a date. It is Saturday May 24. Now we just need a time, so I would like to suggest 7 PM at some as yet undecided locale. As far as $$ goes, just use your own good discretion, I guess, Chicago-area people. Don't go Ritz Carlton on us, but definitely stear clear of Red Roof Inn. Also, it might be a good idea to plan the restaurant and apres-manger places kind of in the same area, just for the sake of simplicity. Okay, that's about it, and I hope you guys come up with some good places. Hope to hear from all soon.

Originally posted by DO2007(ER)

Is there any of you who will be living in the on-campus apartments who would be willing to allow me to come and see the inside of the apartments? In particular I will be living in apartment 8D this coming Fall. Although, any apartment will obviously do

You are welcome to look at my apartment (I am not 8D). Just let me know the time and date. Also, those moving into a traditional dorm or the LLCs will need a refrigerator. If you are interested in buying mine, let me know soon because I will move out the beginning of June. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Dagny-

Is this Friday (May 16) good for you for me to check out your place? Just let me know either way or maybe a date that's good for you! Thanks a lot!!! :)

Hello everyone:

I wanted to let you guys know that I will be calling today or tomorrow to make reservations at a nice restuarant in Lincoln Park called "Tilly's" for Saturday May 24th at 7p. I will let everyone know exactly what they tell me. I have frequented this restuarant in the past and it is very nice with great food. Plus, after dinner, we will be able continue the party at one of the many bars/clubs/lounges that Lincoln Park has to offer. If there are any MAJOR concerns with these plans please let me know ASAP. I think we are all going to have a great time and I am sooooo excited for next Saturday. I will continue to keep everyone posted (no pun intended :)) Anyway, have a great day and keep the posts coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we finished up finals today, making the current MS-1's MS-2's...I guess that means you guys are now officially the MS-1's. Welcome to the club!

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

Thanks Claymore and Congratulations to you!!!!!:) I bet it feels great to be finished up with first year, uh? Anyway, enjoy your ~3.5 months off and the fact that most people say second year is a lot better than first. Well, I'll talk with everyone later.

PS: Is everyone okay with my suggestion?

Hey everyone!!! I am a Purdue grad and fellow CCOMer. I'm really excited about meeting all of you in Sept. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to find a roommate. I really want to live off-campus, but the apartments that I have found are a little out of my price range. If anyone has found more reasonable apartments or needs a roommate, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hey,

Adam found me on the "Wanted & Housing" forum and brought me into the circle... Thank you Adam; I predict you will be MS1 class president! I can't wait to start school either. Wish I could make it to the May 24 get together but I live in Massachusetts, so it would be a long haul for just one night... I'll be moving to the Chicago area at the start of August, so maybe I'll catch you guys then.

Take care,

Karin

Please, please let me know who will be going on the 24th. I hate to sound annoying, but I need to know for the reservations (this is what the manager told me). However, if you guys are unable to post soon, then I will just make it for about 20-25 people. Anyway, have a great day and congrats to everyone who is done with finals and undergrad!!!!! :clap: See ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys, just a few things...

1) Mike - have you received the e-mail list yet??

2) Dinner will be at Tilli's @ 7pm on Saturday May 24, 2003.

To find info on this restaurant, go to www.metromix.com and do a search for "Tilli's" in Lincoln Park.

3) Please post with any conflicts!!!!

Have a great day!!!! :clap:

PS: I cannot wait to meet everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well.....I just found out the wedding I have to attend is on Sat. May 24th at 6pm :(

So.....I will not be able to make it on Saturday night!!!!

But, I will be in Chicago until thursday the 29th. So if anyone wants to get together on another night also let me know.

Adam.....make sure you call me anyway.....and if it's a really late night on saturday, maybe I can meet up later. You still have my cell number, right?

does anyone know the address for the office of admissions. i lost it and i need to send in my transcript? thanks.
joshua

joshua:

Here is the address:

Midwestern University
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, Ilinois 60515

Main #: (630) 515-6171

PS: Are you gonna be there Saturday???

Hey Guys:

I have some possibly bad news. The manager from Tilli's called me back today and told me that the guy I talked to gave me some wrong info. Apparently they do not accept reservations. However, he told me that on a Saturday around 7p that this is the perfect time for a group like us to come and eat. Also, if we do have to wait for a "few" minutes, they have a really nice bar. Anyway, if you guys think I should try somewhere else, please let me know!!!!:) If not, everything will go according to my previous posts!! Thanks and see some of you soon!!!!!!!!

Count me in. sorry I have not contacted you guys since I saw some of you (especially the a table :) at the Midwestern shin-dig in Chicago. Anyhow, I will make it up and see you at Tilli's.

-Aaron R.

Hey guys, I am a UCSD graduate and gonna be joining you guys in september. I am beginning to get pretty hyped up about the move and am anxious to start this next step in my life. I am thinking about living off campus, and am wondering if anybody knows of other CCOMers looking for roomates. I know there is a bulletin board on campus, but can't read it since i am here in San Diego. I really appreciate any suggestions. See you guys soon!

Hi all-

As of right now, I am coming to Tilli's this weekend. It should be fun to meet all of you.

UCSD- I have been thinking of living off campus, but would prefer a roommate. E-mail me. We'll talk.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.

Adam-
I just wanted to let you know that as of now I am planning on being there this weekend. Unless there are some abrupt changes to my travel plans I will see you all at Tilli's on Saturday night.

By the way - how many people are going?

BPlato:

I do not know for sure the exact count of people coming. However, from what people are post and PMing me I would roughly say that there will be about 12-18 people there. I think it will be a great time. Plus there are people like SM-UCLA tech who have asked me to call them after dinner to maybe meet up later. If there are any others in this boat please e-mail me and I will make sure you are not left out!!! :) Anyway, talk with you guys later and everyone keep trying to come and experience our class 3 months before orientation. How fun will it be to meet people that most have to wait until school starts to meet? :) :)