Case Western + $$ or WashU. Please Help me decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thezerosystem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been extremely blessed this cycle with results, and I'm down to deciding between these two schools.

I was very impressed with (University Track) Case at Second Look weekend, and they recently offered me a 50% scholarship. However, I've always had my heart set on WashU. I never even considered merit scholarships as an option for myself, and so I was very surprised when I got the email from Case.

My parents aren't able to help me pay for med school at all, so I'm wondering if the money should change my decision regarding WashU being my number one choice?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have financial aid info for WashU? I LOVED Case and seriously considering also even though I have a full ride somewhere else. My reasons have nothing to do with medical school but are much more personal so taking on the debt is a slightly easier pill to swallow. Overall, I would say do what makes you happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bargain with WashU.

How would I go about doing this? Also, on an unrelated note, do schools ever offer scholarship money to kids coming off the waitlist? Specifically in my situation when I have another scholarship to consider that they could match?

How would I go about doing this? Also, on an unrelated note, do schools ever offer scholarship money to kids coming off the waitlist? Specifically in my situation when I have another scholarship to consider that they could match?
I got one

Last edited:
School wise, you can't really go wrong - both are amazing.

Edit: just realized it is an old post - what did you decide op?