Cardiology 2009-2010 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
TEXAS HEART INST.
UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
UNIV. OF VIRGINIA
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL
YALE NEW HEAVEN today

Still waiting :
BWH, COLUMBIA, CORN, JH, WU, UW, MOUNT SINAI

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how is pitt vs. michigan? location kind of sucks for both.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
On hold..
Anyone got an email saying that your application is being held as an alternate?

Mich is certainly much better than pitts..

"much better" is a loaded phrase. I would agree with 'more reputed" - but if someone decided to choose Pitt over Michigan for Cards, they would still end up with very good training.

Rejection: Loma Linda:(

this am via email. i want my money back!!!:mad:

no one else hear anything today besides texas heart and duke?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received 5 rejections and no invites so far. I've applied to around 40 programs. I'm an AMG, couple of publications and presentations, good university IM program, low-average board scores...should I start to worry??

AMG, midlevel University program, extensive research

Invites: UCSF, Northwestern, U of Arizona, U of Utah

Rejections: MGH, U of Michigan

Waiting on 14 programs-

"much better" is a loaded phrase. I would agree with 'more reputed" - but if someone decided to choose Pitt over Michigan for Cards, they would still end up with very good training.
I got rejection from both...

I have received 5 rejections and no invites so far. I've applied to around 40 programs. I'm an AMG, couple of publications and presentations, good university IM program, low-average board scores...should I start to worry??
I think we are on the same path..where did you get rejections from?

Rejection via ERAS: U Pittsburgh

Invite via ERAS: Columbia

TEXAS HEART INST.
UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
UNIV. OF VIRGINIA
YALE NEW HEAVEN
UNIV. OF WASH. TODAY

Still waiting :
BWH, COLUMBIA, CORN, JH, WU, MOUNT SINAI

Interviews:
Duke
OHSU
Emory
UMichigan
UWash
UTSW

Rejection:
Mass Gen

best of luck to everyone

:thumbdown:

so far 3 rejections....getting kind of worried now....

TEXAS HEART INST.
UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
UNIV. OF VIRGINIA
YALE NEW HEAVEN
UNIV. OF WASH.
U.T. SOUTHWESTERN - today

Still waiting :

Last edited:
HI Stroke 1! u have had IV calls from good places. Can you give us ur credentials please.
cheers!

If people have started receiving interviews from programs that I applied to but I still have not received a rejection does this mean that I'm going to be rejected in the near future??

If people have started receiving interviews from programs that I applied to but I still have not received a rejection does this mean that I'm going to be rejected in the near future??

Same here:(

Same here:(

Hard to say. Oftentimes, if you don't get an invite while other people do...you might be on a waiting list or they may still be evaluating your applications. It's been my experience and other's I know as well that if you don't get an invite when other people do, a rejection is coming =( .

You never know though what a phone call from someone high up can do to help!

IV so far:
NW
UCSF
UW
UNC
UTSW
WashU
JH

Rejections:
Duke
UPenn

Still waiting:
UChicago

Last edited:
January Summary of Invites:
Mayo Clinic - Arizona
Medical College of Wisconsin

My Eras messenger center has been silent for a while. 1 Rejection from Baylor. Waiting for IV call!!!! Around 4 programs sent out IV to some of us in this forum, but not to me. I take it as an indirect rejection or pending rejection.
Hope Feb will be cardiology IV month for everyone.

TEXAS HEART INST.
UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
UNIV. OF VIRGINIA
YALE NEW HEAVEN
UNIV. OF WASH.
U.T. SOUTHWESTERN
UPENN - today

Still waiting :

DID NOT APPLY TO: CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, DUKE .... and many others

Last edited:
IVs:
Hopkins, Penn, MGH, Duke, Yale, Northwestern, Emory, UVA, Darthmouth, Pittsburg, BU

Still waiting on: BWH, Columbia, Cornell, BIDMC, Sinai

Last edited:
what a tough time this is! hate waiting! Have IV from the Cleveland Clinic and Yale so far.

Good luck everyone!

Hopkins invitation. Dates are: March 5, March 12, March 26, April 16.

Good, no rejections from some of those programs today. Hopefully dodged the bullet and will hear back soon with good news!

Interviews Today: Hopkins
Interviews:
UW
OHSU
UCSF
Stanford
Kaiser
UC Davis
Colorado
NW
Pittsburgh
Duke
UNC
Hopkins
Brown

Waiting: BIDMC, BWH, Michigan, Mayo, Minnesota, CPMC

TEXAS HEART INST.
UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
UNIV. OF VIRGINIA
YALE NEW HEAVEN
UNIV. OF WASH.
U.T. SOUTHWESTERN
UPENN
COLUMBIA - today

Still waiting :
BWH, CORN, WU, MOUNT SINAI

DID NOT APPLY TO: CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, DUKE .... and many many other programs

Its frustrating being an IMG. Eventhouh ur CV is much better than fellow AMG`s ur application is turned down just becos ur on j1 or H1 more so.!!!

Cardsmacha you are a disgrace to IMGs with your thoughtless, irresponsible and inflammatory posts. You are just one of those jealous people who cannot bear to see others AMG or IMG do better than you.
Yes it is harder to get a competitive fellowship as an IMG, but NOT impossible. True if a PD sees a CV of equal weight from AMG or IMG he will choose the AMG because they don't want to deal with visa issues and such like.
It is NOT the fault of AMGs that they were born here and are citizens and therefore at a competitive advantage.
As an IMG currently in my 3rd year of fellowship I was appalled to read your post. It was uncouth like all your posts and does little to enhance the utility of this forum. We all came here of our own free will. NOBODY dragged me here in chains and forced me do a residency and fellowship. Life is no bed of roses and ranting and raving at folks like yourself who have nothing to do with selection processes just shows you in poor light.

any IMGs in this forum with whom I can share info as to where we stand in this rat race of obtaining a cards fellowship. basically we are competing amongst ourselves as AMGs have a upper hand. All you to have is a med degree from this country. You dont need anything in ur CV ie quote a bald cv even can get u a fellowship.
for IMGs, well we gotta move heaven & earth & even with that u will be lucky to be called for interviews. pretty unfair bussiness heh!
Its frustrating being an IMG. Eventhouh ur CV is much better than fellow AMG`s ur application is turned down just becos ur on j1 or H1 more so.!!!

Cardsmacha you are a disgrace to IMGs with your thoughtless, irresponsible and inflammatory posts. You are just one of those jealous people who cannot bear to see others AMG or IMG do better than you. I am that chosen IMG you can vent and rant to.
Yes it is harder to get a competitive fellowship as an IMG, but NOT impossible. True if a PD sees a CV of equal weight from AMG or IMG he will choose the AMG because they don't want to deal with visa issues and such like.
It is NOT the fault of AMGs that they were born here and are citizens and therefore at a competitive advantage.
As an IMG currently in my 3rd year of fellowship I was appalled to read your post. It was uncouth like all your posts and does little to enhance the utility of this forum. We all came here of our own free will. NOBODY dragged me here in chains and forced me do a residency and fellowship. Life is no bed of roses and ranting and raving at folks like yourself who have nothing to do with selection processes just shows you in poor light.

Interview from University of Cincinnati......any input about the program ?:thumbup: