Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks leda. I will try to call them, too.

fiona2008,

I mailed the application . I am not very worried because they have taken the money for the application. I checked my credit card. However they should have confirmed at least by email. Maybe I will give them a call one of these days .

'I'm a foreign-trained endodontist too. I am planning to take the DSCKE and looking for people to team up with
I am a prosthodontist and I am taking the DSCKE. my email is [email protected] '

Hello
I am a foreign trained orthodontist and I am planning to take DSCKE in 2010. A few months ago, I sent an email to ACFD, asking if citizenship or residence permit is a prerequisite in order to become eligible for taking DSCKE and their answer was no. Do you have any other info regarding this matter? My email is : [email protected] and if you are planning to make up a study group, please count me in.

'I'm a foreign-trained endodontist too. I am planning to take the DSCKE and looking for people to team up with
I am a prosthodontist and I am taking the DSCKE. my email is [email protected] '

Hello
I am a foreign trained orthodontist and I am planning to take DSCKE in 2010. A few months ago, I sent an email to ACFD, asking if citizenship or residence permit is a prerequisite in order to become eligible for taking DSCKE and their answer was no. Do you have any other info regarding this matter? My email is : [email protected] and if you are planning to make up a study group, please count me in.

Hi there!

I've started a new thread for DSCKE!
This is the link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8680474#post8680474

Let's get started!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I had called Dal housie,sent e-mails.....but no response at all!
All other universities atleast had the courtesy to reply or acknowledge.

Hi,

I'm a new immigrant to Canada and would like to register to ACFD exam. Can someone advice where to get the reading materials from? or where to buy it ( book store...etc.. ?

Thanks

Hi
I had called Dal housie,sent e-mails.....but no response at all!
All other universities atleast had the courtesy to reply or acknowledge.

The last couple of weeks were a bit hectic for them because they had to get us started and the DDS1's oriented. They will contact you if you are missing anything.

The last couple of weeks were a bit hectic for them because they had to get us started and the DDS1's oriented. They will contact you if you are missing anything.

The university is obligied to confirm the receipt of application no matter how busy people are there....I mean the applicaton fee that we pay is not low and it should cover these kind of service ...also I have been calling the office and not only there is none answering but also there is none even checking the messages I left in the answer machine...

Any suggestion whom should I try to contact ???

Just relax they didnt send anyone any confirmation and they wont thats what they r, plus no one told u that the money u sent was for that purpose it could have been for buying breakfast for the faculty, plus they took the least amount of money of all the schools am not to their side but dont freak out its not worth the panic.
they will usually contact u in oct if u have any missing doc as the doc deadline is nov first otherwise they will send u before nov first saying that ur application is complete.
chill

The university is obligied to confirm the receipt of application no matter how busy people are there....I mean the applicaton fee that we pay is not low and it should cover these kind of service ...also I have been calling the office and not only there is none answering but also there is none even checking the messages I left in the answer machine...

Any suggestion whom should I try to contact ???

Just relax they didnt send anyone any confirmation and they wont thats what they r, plus no one told u that the money u sent was for that purpose it could have been for buying breakfast for the faculty, plus they took the least amount of money of all the schools am not to their side but dont freak out its not worth the panic.
they will usually contact u in oct if u have any missing doc as the doc deadline is nov first otherwise they will send u before nov first saying that ur application is complete.
chill

I am not panicking ... I am just saying that it is not correct and I am trying to find another way to get in touch with the university..

Calm down people!

The deadline for the submission of documents at Dalhousie is Oct 1. Why would they send any confirmation letters before that deadline actually passes.

No one has received anything from Dal including me.

Calm down.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a confirmation about the receipt of application today. it says that the application deadline is on oct 1. at least they sent it. I think it would have been sent to all of us.

I got a confirmation about the receipt of application today. it says that the application deadline is on oct 1. at least they sent it. I think it would have been sent to all of us.
thank you dentist72...did they send you a letter or an email ???

Do you see the new format EE?

"The examination consists of three (3) books, each with 120 multiple-choice type questions. Each book is given in a 120 minute examination session during a single day. There will be a one (1) hour break between each examination session."

http://www.acfd.ca/en/info/generald...uments/EligibilityExaminationProtocol2010.pdf
I don't think it will be very different from the previous format...
I mean they didn't change the areas...They are still the same...What study materials are u going to use besides dental deks ???

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know from where we can buy typodont teeth?
does anyone know a place in toronto where we can practise for the practical assessment?
if not any ideas about how to practise
thnx in advance for any information

I don't think it will be very different from the previous format...
I mean they didn't change the areas...They are still the same...What study materials are u going to use besides dental deks ???

I am thinking to look the reference books, last time I did not have time. I dont know about you but I had a lot difficult in orthodontics so I will be study it more this time!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone been invited for Phase 2 at both of these Universities? Let's assume that one person will be accepted into the program at both Universities. Obviously that person will have to make a choice where to go. Will any of these two Universities fill the empty spot with someone else from a waiting list? Or will that spot just be cancelled?

And I have another question about Alberta.
How many people here are willing to apply to Alberta? It costs about 10,000CAD and there is no guarantee. Why do applicants have to take the course and pay 5,500CAD even before being accepted? That course should only be taken after acceptance into the program and not before. It looks to me like a cash grab.
I will not apply to Alberta even if I am desperate.

when r they going to announce abt the new process why is everyone so secretive abt it ???????

have patience friends. if you check the acfd site the next acfd meeting is scheduled on nov 14. any announcement will come sometime after that if my guess is correct. at least thats what i saw after the last meeting in june 2009.

hi everyone,

i needed some information regarding the EE exam. I have to start preparing for it. I was wondering if they are any old exams for the canadian eligibility as there are for Part 2 nbde exam?

if anyone has them , i would really appreciate if they can let me know.

thanks

well one thing is for sure that EE is being conducted for the last time in feb 2010.

i asked them and acfd replied through email saying that the feb 2010 EE is the last one and there will be new process for 2011 ,details will be on the website in NOV.

For those who are doing the onsite assessment at U of M and want to discuss the procedures and instruments needed e.t.c please Personal message me please.

Hello Everyone,
I heard that Naresh has opened a new place for training in Mississauga.
Does anyone have his address or phone #
thanks

last week I called U of T ,they said the results will be out at the end of this week.I have not heard from them yet.If nobody heard from them ,it should be out tomorrow.
please let others know if anybody got a call.

hi guys

I called U of T again .the results will be out "probably" on monday.

they were not even sure when are they going to release the results!