Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any idea how many seats are available for internationally trained dentists at UBC ??
If admission criteria is reasonable I may consider being BC resident : )

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody , I have just arrived to Canada , unfortunately I miss the coming eligibility exam , I saw the new method , that makes me too happy , but yesterday I got so upset because of the difference between my Idea and yours
I have read in CIC.gc.ca that the government forces to facilate some fields to start to work in Canada , dentistry was in the second group that will be forced in feb 2012 , that's because the shortage of health worker in Canada and also loss of the imigirants because of the diffuculties in passing the process , I think they try to make it easier , getting 75 in fundamental assessment with the same refrences ,
the NDEB refrencess are the same , so I think if someone pass the equivalancy process successfully , who will pass the NDEB too ,
maybe I am very optimistic

Would you please tell me the difference between NDBE and EE (ACFD), because I am confused between these two exam. I have done BDS and practicing in India since January 2009. Now me and my husband are planing to move to Canada in December 2012. Please answer my question in order to clear my idea. If possible please suggest me what I have to do as soon as I reach Fort McMurray, Alberta.

NDBE is an exam to get a license to practice in Canada. As far as I know the only way to get your degree recognized you either get into a two program at an accredited school or you do the ACFD process which takes a couple of years, $$$, and a series of exams. Either way you wont be working as a dentist any time soon. Also I hope your husband has an extremely good job in Fort Mac as the average rent is $3000+ a month if you can even find a place to rent. Add on to the fact that most people working on the rigs in Fort Mac are rednecks you mite have a tough time as a foreigner getting patients to work on once you become a dentist. Im not trying to be mean I just see a lot of people try and go up there thinking they will make $$$ and find out its not all it seems to be, I grew up in this area and have family and friends still up there, so Im very familiar with the market up that way.

for a cast gold restoration a gingival bevel is used instead of a shoulder because a bevel:
1. Protects the enamel
2. Increases retention
3. Improves marginal adaptation
4.increases the thickness of gold

is it just 1,2 and 3...or all of the above.
I could not find anywhere saying anything about the relationship of thickness of gold and kind of bevel.

Anyone???

histologically a pulp polyp consist of:

1. a mass of collagenous fibres
2. Russell bodies
3. proliferating capillars
4. fibroblasts
5. polymorphonuclear leucocytes

a. 1,2,3,4
b. 1,3,4
c. 1,3,4,5
d. 2,5
e. all of above

the answer shud be c.1,3,4,5 russell bodies are seen in periapical granulomas not in pulp polyps checked in neville they just mention russell bodies in periapical granulomas.
Yes thats right..

I got an invitation for the on site asseement uof manitoba...Any one else going ??? Do you have any information about the tuition costs of the IDDP program there ???
Hi just wondering if you got into the University of manitoba in 2009 ...I hope you can help me with some qs please

Dalo, start with the decks, they are essential. Read forum, people mention plenty of sources, however I used mainly decks and if I did not understand something I was looking in books or on the Internet.
Hello , is decks really useful for nbed exams ?? What r the other resources ...