Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.

Members don't see this ad.

guys how was the exam
was it easy or hard??????????? i heared it was harder than every year is that true

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone plz tell me if all the universities in canada accept IELTS for dentistry... i'm an indian dentist !

Yes , but probably 1 of them requires TOEFL exclusively.

Can any1 who knows 'Comment' which one that UNIV is...

the exam was ok , the questions were kind of designed to trick you in the most part , and required you to reread the question.

i expect around 80% ,I am taking the exam for the first time so am keeping my fingers crossed.

i took both September 2008 and May 2009 tests. I found May 2009 much better. In September test, there were many questions of that style that makes u choose between combined answers (ex: a.1,2,3 b.1 & 3 c.2 & 4) This type of questions is confusing and time consuming, cause u have to get back to choices many times. In May test there were only 2 or 3 of that type. Most of questions were confusing yes, but at least I could finish on time! Lets keep our fingers crossed :xf:

I found the May 2009 test a bit easier than the previous one.It seemed to me that a lot of questions were taken directly from ASDA released exams,at least the idea behind some qs were the same.A few ones were really tricky though.

Can anyone plz tell me if all the universities in canada accept IELTS for dentistry... i'm an indian dentist !

All Qualifying programs in Canada accept IELTS (6.5 or 7). The only thing is at U of Alberta you need to take a spoken test at the univeristy if:
1. You take IELTS or
2. You score less than 26 in the spoken part of the internet-based toefl

Good luck

Hi guys, can you tell me if there is any clinical practice courses other than Naresh's place in mississauga? what about print zone is it closed? can you help me i need to join...thanks:)

Members don't see this ad :)
is UBC being stupid or what?! They set the deadline for application on June 10, before even we receive the results of May EE. This means u r supposed to apply unknowing whether u scored enough for EE to be even eligible to apply!!! WHat system is this?!!!!!!!!!:mad:

is UBC being stupid or what?! They set the deadline for application on June 10, before even we receive the results of May EE. This means u r supposed to apply unknowing whether u scored enough for EE to be even eligible to apply!!! WHat system is this?!!!!!!!!!:mad:

If you think that is stupid, these people want you to mail them your actual degree, not a notarized copy or a photocopy your actualy dental degree!

If you think that is stupid, these people want you to mail them your actual degree, not a notarized copy or a photocopy your actualy dental degree!
i dont get it for what purpsoe we are supposed to send our actual degree can u explain even the results are not out

hi everyone
i m waiting for my visa and jst started preparing and lookin for d material for ee.i got almost half of d reference books.heard so much abt kaplan part 1 & 2 and d decks.z it useful?cn sum1 help me dt hw cn i prepare for ee and wht material cn i get n from where.i did my bds wid 4 gold medals from de'Montmorency college of Dentistry,Lahore Pakistan and i topped in University of Health Sciences Punjab in my Final year.i really need sum help.i will b really obliged.i will b in calgary bt will shift to edmontonas U of Calgary doesnt offer d upgrading exam.plz plz help me.n did ne1 get d result for may2009?

They r not dat stupid dear..this means the result will be out before 10th june and u might be left with only few days to apply.

Hi guys, can you tell me if there is any clinical practice courses other than Naresh's place in mississauga? what about print zone is it closed? can you help me i need to join...thanks:)

Is there anything wrong with the practice course offered by Naresh?

They r not dat stupid dear..this means the result will be out before 10th june and u might be left with only few days to apply.
Hey TK23, according to what ACFD said, the results will be mailed after 6 weeks of taking the test, which means around June 25, way after the UBC deadline

Hey TK23, according to what ACFD said, the results will be mailed after 6 weeks of taking the test, which means around June 25, way after the UBC deadline

U remember last september exam, the result was out in jst 3 weeks..and last year 6th june was the deadline fr applying to UBC,the result was there before 6th june...so is my assumption.

yah the results wil defenitly be out in a week
they always say 6 weeks but its always out by 3 or 4 weeks, so just be patient they r coming very soon

Did anyone check with them about this? I emailed them but did not get a reply yet. The original certificate of dental degree is too important to get lost in the mail...

am going to send a notirized copy its rediculous to send the original what if it got lost your done all other schools will ask to see the original upon acceptance plus what is the meaning of a notirised copy it means typical to original.
am stell waiting for my results though.:xf:

:)hay guys,
does anyone know where could we practice for practical test held in ubc?

hope we all do well in EE.:xf:

Hey Everyone
I have some question and I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

Does anyone know if Portable Dental Turbine Unit works to practice at home?I saw at ebay and I am not sure if it works well.

By the way , I am looking for a portable dental unit ,if anyone knows somebody is selling please tell me.
[email protected]

Thank you
Nep

Hey Everyone
I have some question and I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

Does anyone know if Portable Dental Turbine Unit works to practice at home?I saw at ebay and I am not sure if it works well.

By the way , I am looking for a portable dental unit ,if anyone knows somebody is selling please tell me.
[email protected]

Thank you
Nep

Contact Naresh on 416 294 7583 , he probably sells

Is there anything wrong with the practice course offered by Naresh?

I dont think anything s wrong , i have seen that place , worth joining if we can afford it , its a pretty decent set up , where one can practice on typhodonts from 9 AM to 9 PM , 7 days a week....

Something is better than nothing...

nope, no results yet, I am anxiously waiting. Does anyone know of any instructors to look at preps and determine if they are good enough or where we can improve on things?

Hi people, the results came today, a total of 623 people wrote the exam, the mean score was 73, the highest was 91 and the lowest was 30. Did anyone of you guys get a score of 80%?

sorry i meant, did anyone get a score over 80%

Ofcaurse allot of ppl got in the 80s am screwed i got 85% if i got that any other year it would be ok but this year number of applicants is huge 623 only from this exam and they only accept 50 dont forget ppl from other years.

that is a good competitve score Drteeth12.:) I know of course a lot of people got over 80%, i wanted to know how many people viewing this thread did as well.

hi,
i hope that every one get good mark,but for me until now im still waiting for the score,is there is any one also waiting or im the only one who didnt get the result yet?

hi,
i hope that every one get good mark,but for me until now im still waiting for the score,is there is any one also waiting or im the only one who didnt get the result yet?

Hello Zeina, am also waiting for my results to be sent to Edmonton, still nothing arrived yet!

Just got my result,it's 88,to be honest I thought it would be better. Though not bad I suppose ...