Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!Congratulations to those who have been invited for interviews and patience to those who have not.I am sure that everybody does their best to get an acceptance and what I suggest is to share some statistics such as EE score,TOEFL or IELTS,GPA ,interview call or rejections.We can see an example in a parallel US thread.I hope this information would help us to understand better what are particular prerequisites for a concrete dental school and improve our weaker areas.So mine statistics is GPA.3.33,EE 88%,IELTS 8.0,9 years of experience.
So far rejected interview from Manitoba,Toronto.
Be more active guys!Information is our power.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!Congratulations to those who have been invited for interviews and patience to those who have not.I am sure that everybody does their best to get an acceptance and what I suggest is to share some statistics such as EE score,TOEFL or IELTS,GPA ,interview call or rejections.We can see an example in a parallel US thread.I hope this information would help us to understand better what are particular prerequisites for a concrete dental school and improve our weaker areas.So mine statistics is GPA.3.33,EE 88%,IELTS 8.0,9 years of experience.
So far rejected interview from Manitoba,Toronto.
Be more active guys!Information is our power.

80 % EE score first time I took it...TOEFL 112, GPA 3.89, 7 years of experience...rejected by uoft, reserve list u of manitoba....

got a call from U of T...after facing the rejection at UBC! My EE score is 85 and Toefl ibt 110. Dont know what my GPA is.8 years of experience....

did any of you guys that got an invitation for interview at uoft had a dental speciality training from your country of origin ?

Nope! iam just a dental graduate with no speciality training.

Last edited:
Any of you guys has an electronic format of ASDA papers part II and willing to share ??? I have the ASDA part I and I can email to any of you who is interested..

Hi,

I'm a new immigrant to Canada and would like to register to ACFD exam. Can someone advice where to get the reading materials from? or where to buy it ( book store...etc.. ?

Thanks

FOR EVERYONE INTERESTED TO IMPROVE HIS SKILLS TO GET HIGHER SCORE IN EE ,,, THERE IS A VALUABLE MATERIAL (2 BOOKS ) PART ONE AND TWO.
WITH UPDATE INFORMATION .
USED ALSO TO PASS NBDE ,WELL KNOWN AND ADVERTISE IN MANY DENTISTRY SCHOOLS AS THIS.
( Finally, a NBDE study guide that guarantees you’ll pass or your money back. After 6 years in the making, this phenomenal reference covers all of the critical information you need to know to pass the NBDE in a well-organized, easy to comprehend format that includes thousands of potential exam questions. It’s all here! Order your copy today!)
JUST E MAIL ME AND I WILL OFFER YOU 20% OFF AND FREE SHIPPING.
[email protected]

FOR EVERYONE INTERESTED TO IMPROVE HIS SKILLS TO GET HIGHER SCORE IN EE ,,, THERE IS A VALUABLE MATERIAL (2 BOOKS ) PART ONE AND TWO.
WITH UPDATE INFORMATION .
USED ALSO TO PASS NBDE ,WELL KNOWN AND ADVERTISE IN MANY DENTISTRY SCHOOLS AS THIS.
( Finally, a NBDE study guide that guarantees you’ll pass or your money back. After 6 years in the making, this phenomenal reference covers all of the critical information you need to know to pass the NBDE in a well-organized, easy to comprehend format that includes thousands of potential exam questions. It’s all here! Order your copy today!)
JUST E MAIL ME AND I WILL OFFER YOU 20% OFF AND FREE SHIPPING.
[email protected]

Hi ammmmm,

Can you give more information on this material such as title, authors and what does it cover ??

For those of you who did not get a call for interview from U of Toronto, did you receive a rejection email/mail from them? I did not get a call and did not get the rejection letter yet.

For those of you who did not get a call for interview from U of Toronto, did you receive a rejection email/mail from them? I did not get a call and did not get the rejection letter yet.

I got an email with an attached letter of rejection... Are you sure you gave them the correct email address ???

Members don't see this ad :)
this is for all the general dentists the new process is going to be like the one already in Quebec.

As far as I know and someone correct me if I'm wrong..in Quebec you write a written exam and then a clinical exam to get your licence..but you only can take the exam 2 times and if you fail you can't ever take it again.

yes they have two ways u can get licensure....through advanced standing or through directly by taking an exam the one with exam is a limited license u can only practise in quebec with it.

U of Alberta invitations are out!!!!!
Did they send a letter or an email ?? Do you know if they send rejection notice too ? I have not received anything yet.

Do you have information about Dalhhousie ??

An e-mail was sent. No idea about rejection notice. No info about Dalhousie as of today

yes, they also told me it will be something like Quebec.. anyways, i have a question.. i heard you have to be a graduate to enter the eligibility exam is that true ??

The certification process for graduates of non-accredited dental programs will undergo changes beginning in 2011. As of January 1, 2011, in order to obtain certification as a general dentist in Canada, graduates of non-accredited dental programs will be required to:

1. Successfully complete a Qualifying or Degree Completion Program at an accredited Canadian university,​
OR

successfully complete the Equivalency Process offered by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB).​

2. Successfully complete the NDEB Written and OSCE examinations. For further information regarding the Equivalency Process please visit the NDEB website at www.ndeb.ca, or email [email protected].

thats what they wrote.. i still cant figure out whats the difference between this and the previous system.. anyone ?

Guys ! these r good news ! they've adopted Quebec process. its good becuz there will be less pressure and competition over limited numbers of seats in the QPs ! so ITD will split either this or that way. For instance a Dr with long and solid experience does not have to go to school again he'd rather pass these 3 tests rather than strugling for 2 years pro and spend 90 000 $ !

I got an invitation for the on site asseement uof manitoba...Any one else going ??? Do you have any information about the tuition costs of the IDDP program there ???

Hi,
I am looking for someone to solve questions together. If anyone is interested send me a message.

The most common site of a basal cell carcinoma is the:
a)middle third of the face
b)lower lip
c)tongue
d)oral mucosa

The most common site is the face with 75%...now I don't know if it's A or B because I couldn't find anywhere saying specifically the middle third. Does anyone know for sure?

A well defined radiolucency at the apex of a nonvital tooth is most likely an
a) lateral periodontal cyst
b) ameloblastoma
c) odontogenic Keratocyst
d) rarefying osteitis

I think it's D

Basal cell Ca most common site, middle 3rd of face. Above ala-tragus line.

rarefying osteitis do not usually possess well demarcated margins or does it?
it is an inflammatory lesion right?

I am kind of confused with the study process. The reference list on the acfd website is extremely long. Anything you recommend to study with? dental board buster? dental decks? kaplan?
thanks

this question is confusion because lateral periodontal cyst..can't be- the tooth is vital
odontogenic keratocyst- tooth is vital also
rarefying osteitis- the lesion is a ill-defined radiolucency..but the tooth is not vital
ameloblastoma-Unicystic ameloblastoma located on the periapical area of a tooth can lead to a pulp-periapical misdiagnosis, and should be considered in differential diagnosis...so I am leaning towards ameloblastoma

Any ideas????

agree ameloblastoma
this question is confusion because lateral periodontal cyst..can't be- the tooth is vital
odontogenic keratocyst- tooth is vital also
rarefying osteitis- the lesion is a ill-defined radiolucency..but the tooth is not vital
ameloblastoma-Unicystic ameloblastoma located on the periapical area of a tooth can lead to a pulp-periapical misdiagnosis, and should be considered in differential diagnosis...so I am leaning towards ameloblastoma

Any ideas????

i know it is middle third of face for the BCC.

For the apical radiolucency i still think it is rarefying osteitis, as it can sometimes present as a well demarcated lesion, ameloblastoma is rarely an apical finding

but it is quite confusing becoz ameloblastoma can form in an apical cyst the it can appear well demarcated and at the apex.....so i would say confusing

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I am from Pakistan and having a registered dental degree from Pakistan (BDS). I am a new Canadian immigrant and desires to get myself updated according to Canadian standards. Can any one help be in guiding step to step procedure to be adopted in this regards?