Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone
I am still looking for portable dental unit. If you know anyone who is selling please tell me.

I have spoken with some foreign dentists who were accept to qualifying program in different universities and they said that the practical exam and interview are the most important!! I have met a dentist with scores 85% EE and he did not was accepted but I met other with score 75% EE that was!! EE score is important but there are other factors. So people relax !!

I also applied for ubc.I got 85 from sep2008 and I am so sorry why I didn't took the recent exam.:(
what other universities are you guys applying?:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking for somebody who is writing the postgraduate exam this year. any inputs on it is welcome.

Hi Everyone
I am still looking for portable dental unit. If you know anyone who is selling please tell me.

I have spoken with some foreign dentists who were accept to qualifying program in different universities and they said that the practical exam and interview are the most important!! I have met a dentist with scores 85% EE and he did not was accepted but I met other with score 75% EE that was!! EE score is important but there are other factors. So people relax !!
Hi:
I have one ,but it is not silent, for only CDN 200

i wonder whats the mark that can get u accepted somewhere or atleast get you an interview.
is 85% good enough

i wonder whats the mark that can get u accepted somewhere or atleast get you an interview.
is 85% good enough

I think your 85% is competitive, and you will probably be called for i nterviews. If you look at UBC's previous statistics for entry on their website may help .

I think your 85% is competitive, and you will probably be called for i nterviews. If you look at UBC's previous statistics for entry on their website may help .

i hope so, i wonder if its possible to know how many ppl applied and have your mark or a higher mark
do you have any idea when do they usually tell you weather u got an interview or not

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope so, i wonder if its possible to know how many ppl applied and have your mark or a higher mark
do you have any idea when do they usually tell you weather u got an interview or not

apparently they got a lot of applications this year and still sorting through them, I am not sure when they get back to us, but i do know that their practical exam is in october.

apparently they got a lot of applications this year and still sorting through them, I am not sure when they get back to us, but i do know that their practical exam is in october.

yah they sent an email saying they r so behind in applications it seems that this years applicants nuber is way more than last years, hope we get a chance
i hope they inform us early so we get a chnce to prepare for the practcal exam

Hi guys I'm new here,,does anyone know if we have to send a copy of our EE results to UBC ,,I really appreciate any help:)

Hi guys I'm new here,,does anyone know if we have to send a copy of our EE results to UBC ,,I really appreciate any help:)

No you don't need to, each university gets a copy of your EE result, but it wouldn't harm if you send a copy with your application form.

does any one know what exercises came for the uwo pla last year or any of the other years for that matter? i am doing it in august, any thing would be helpful, thanks :)

I think it is fair that they continue with Eligibility exam.
EE is hard enough.

OMG they returned back to eligibility what the heck they realy dont know what they want, what is that why in feb? whats the use if u do it in feb u cant apply to unis i think its a stpid timing

Do any one here know if the results for the may 2009 EE is still valid?
The new exam is in a different pattern right?
In UofT faculty of dentistry website , it says that when the new exam is announced the old scores will no longer be valid.
Any info about the current status?
Any one here applied with UofT?

Do any one here know if the results for the may 2009 EE is still valid?
The new exam is in a different pattern right?
In UofT faculty of dentistry website , it says that when the new exam is announced the old scores will no longer be valid.
Any info about the current status?
Any one here applied with UofT?

i had called ACFD regarding the exam. They said that the eligibility is reinstated and they are working on a new pattern. That means the old exa is still valid. When i enquired if i can use my old score they said it is valid and its the univ discretion to accept.

Looks like we have to contact the respective universities then.. hmm

Contact Naresh on 416 294 7583 , he probably sells

hi guys
i called naresh on this number 416 294 7583 but he is not answering. can you tell me, Where i can do some training or buy the dental unit ?
thank you

hi guys
i called naresh on this number 416 294 7583 but he is not answering. can you tell me, Where i can do some training or buy the dental unit ?
thank you

i called naresh but he said that they dont do that no more so i really dont know if there is anywhere els
if anyone knows plz tell me

Hi guys, can you tell me if there is any clinical practice courses other than Naresh's place in mississauga? what about print zone is it closed? can you help me i need to join...thanks:)

Can you where we can practice ? where is nareh's place?
where is print zone ?

What do the universities mean by autobiographic sketch? I thought it was the Resume. but it is not so. can anybody please throw some light on this?

What do the universities mean by autobiographic sketch? I thought it was the Resume. but it is not so. can anybody please throw some light on this?

it is the resume but not in a listing format rather in a letter or story if i could say format.

its the same thing really.

Has anyone heard anything from the UBC recently? I remember they said they will finish updating the documents list by mid July.

hello guys
any one interested in study group in calgary to prepare for EE next Feb and exchange study plans
plz contact

Hi Everyone
I am still looking for portable dental unit.
If you know anyone who is selling or a place to buy it please tell me.
It's preferable in Toronto and London area.
Thank you in advance.
Nep

hi
I asked acfd directly they say EE in feb 2010 is being offered just once and by 2011 the whole process of licensure is going to change.They do not specify what it will be but i think EE in feb 2010 is the last one ever.The details will be posted on their website in fall .

hi
I asked acfd directly they say EE in feb 2010 is being offered just once and by 2011 the whole process of licensure is going to change.They do not specify what it will be but i think EE in feb 2010 is the last one ever.The details will be posted on their website in fall .

yeah the pla system will take over from 2011 it will be made of a theoretical exam and a practical 6 days exams each day u will be examined in one aspect of dentistry. thats the old pla system the new one might have few modifications but it will still be made of 2 parts practical and theoretical

are they going to make it into a licensure exam or just for admission in advance standing pogram ??

I'll be surprised becoz if anyone can pass a 6 day clinical exam I don't think they need to take a 2 yr university course.Thier own board exam is not as tough.

I'll be surprised becoz if anyone can pass a 6 day clinical exam I don't think they need to take a 2 yr university course.Thier own board exam is not as tough.

i totally agree plus if u looked at the content of the previos pla exam the one they posted in febreuary it has many stuff that common dentists never did
like prep for a gold 2/3 crown and stuff like that i never did
i think they r just trying to make it harder as numbers of applicants have greatly increased while positions are stell the same