Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed Monday, I'm getting nervous too! best of luck to you!!
Good luck to you too! I'll be crossing my fingers for us both

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe the quick turn around time.

The dean told us the ones who were invited for an interview on 08/16 and 08/17 had been screened three times (probably most apps are like that for CUSOM).

So I'm guessing the interview is just a formality to see if you're a good fit for the school.

The dean told us the ones who were invited for an interview on 08/16 and 08/17 had been screened three times (probably most apps are like that for CUSOM).

So I'm guessing the interview is just a formality to see if you're a good fit for the school.

three times? wow! but I really love it when adcoms are transparent like that; it makes the whole process so much friendlier and seem more approachable.

congratulations on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I cancelled my interview on Sept 06 due to financial reason. Hope someone take my spot :) I wish you pre-med luck in your future academic endeavors at CUSOM.

What do you mean by "screened three times"?

have either of you heard anything back? I interviewed on Tuesday.

I interviewed on Monday. Been checking my phone every minute since Wednesday afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by "screened three times"?
Not sure, no one asked.

It either teams that you were viewed times with different faculty, or if they have different factors that net an interview that you have to match with.

Finally got the link today to make the deposit and a link to setup my Campbell email.

Still waiting on the link to the background check and stuff...

seems like getting an interview pretty much means you'll get accepted?

Any current students mind if I PM them?

Hey guys, I'm interviewing here on Monday. Any tips/advice on what to expect?

Just interviewed here. It was amazing. People are not kidding when they tell you how laid back it was. Everyone was so nice and the campus blew my mind. A med student told us that their COMLEX average was one of the best in the country (just told I have no idea how true it is). This school definitely has their stuff together though. If you interview here you will know by the following Friday if you are accepted or not, which is nice. If anyone has any questions just PM me.

Reactions: 2 users
Just interviewed here. It was amazing. People are not kidding when they tell you how laid back it was. Everyone was so nice and the campus blew my mind. A med student told us that their COMLEX average was one of the best in the country (just told I have no idea how true it is). This school definitely has their stuff together though. If you interview here you will know by the following Friday if you are accepted or not, which is nice. If anyone has any questions just PM me.
I am unconvinced of the truth of that claim... not sure who told you that. I believe we are above average, but not sure how much above average we are.

Campbell, y u no send me secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, anyone here know how many interviews Campbell gives out? I'm pleasantly happy to see that most people who are interviewing are hearing good news!

Hey, anyone here know how many interviews Campbell gives out? I'm pleasantly happy to see that most people who are interviewing are hearing good news!

Most people interviewing and posting on SDN

Hope to get my secondary soon!

How long did you guys/gals wait before you got a II app? I'm about 2 weeks out.

Hope to get my secondary soon!

How long did you guys/gals wait before you got a II app? I'm about 2 weeks out.
do you mean secondary or II? II = interview invite!
my aacomas was verified 5/25 and I received a secondary 7/18.
my application was complete 7/28 and I received my II 8/19.

For those accepted, did any of you receive links for the drug test and background check???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those accepted, did any of you receive links for the drug test and background check???

No, still waiting! I'm wondering if you have to pay the deposit first before you get that link??

I don't think so, cause the original acceptance email says they are due at the same time.
Idk I am probably just getting anxious to get this ball rolling .

do you mean secondary or II? II = interview invite!
my aacomas was verified 5/25 and I received a secondary 7/18.
my application was complete 7/28 and I received my II 8/19.

Sorry, meant secondary. :)

Thanks, not familiar with the lingo yet.

Could anybody comment on the quality of rotations at CUSOM :)
Mostly preceptor vs wards based?
Ease up setting them up?
Elective time?

Also a how much time for board prep?

Thanks in advanced :)

Ease up setting them up?
Elective time?

Wards I believe. They do core rotations as 3-4 established programs. One of which is the Wake Forest Teaching Hospital.

Hands down this is one of the better DO school on the market. The only downside is that they are very mission oriented. Or they claim to be anyways

Wards I believe. They do core rotations as 3-4 established programs. One of which is the Wake Forest Teaching Hospital.

Hands down this is one of the better DO school on the market. The only downside is that they are very mission oriented. Or they claim to be anyways

This is great to here! Especially for a newer school.

I've heard that they're already setting up their own school affiliated residencies(not sure if this is phrased correctly).

But I definitely like their mission statement, it's very similar to most other DO schools and I could definitely see myself practicing in NC. As long as they don't "push" their students in rural primary care(even though I'm definitely currently interested in it) then I'm perfectly happy :)

Are you sure it's Ward based?!! If so then that's Amazing!!!!

This is great to here! Especially for a newer school.

I've heard that they're already setting up their own school affiliated residencies(not sure if this is phrased correctly).

But I definitely like their mission statement, it's very similar to most other DO schools and I could definitely see myself practicing in NC. As long as they don't "push" their students in rural primary care(even though I'm definitely currently interested in it) then I'm perfectly happy :)

They've got a good amount of spots already setup! Not only that, but CUSOM is one of the few schools that's already submitted all of their residency slots for ACGME approval.

Reactions: 1 users
They've got a good amount of spots already setup! Not only that, but CUSOM is one of the few schools that's already submitted all of their residency slots for ACGME approval.

Welp I'm already quite impressed lol

Ease up setting them up?
Elective time?

It's a mix of both, primarily wards. But if you do like an OMM rotation, for example, that would be preceptor based.

Most of the MS-3s and MS-4s I've talked to are quite happy at their sites. There is a ton of elective time in year four, as expected.

I think I answers the questions about board prep a couple pages back. Your last course will end in April, and then there is a Kaplan board prep course put on by the school until May. You can test out of that course with a >550 on one of your COMSAEs, the first of which is when you come back from winter break in Jan of MS-2 year. Rotations start in late July, so you have until then to take + pass boards.

The school does have a lot of opportunity for medical missions. I don't have a good comparison to other schools, so I can't say how much more mission-based we are than others. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing though?

We have a bunch of affiliated residency spots set up already at local hospitals; that is something the school has done very well. It includes FM, IM, derm, and others.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a mix of both, primarily wards. But if you do like an OMM rotation, for example, that would be preceptor based.

Most of the MS-3s and MS-4s I've talked to are quite happy at their sites. There is a ton of elective time in year four, as expected.

I think I answers the questions about board prep a couple pages back. Your last course will end in April, and then there is a Kaplan board prep course put on by the school until May. You can test out of that course with a >550 on one of your COMSAEs, the first of which is when you come back from winter break in Jan of MS-2 year. Rotations start in late July, so you have until then to take + pass boards.

The school does have a lot of opportunity for medical missions. I don't have a good comparison to other schools, so I can't say how much more mission-based we are than others. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing though?

We have a bunch of affiliated residency spots set up already at local hospitals; that is something the school has done very well. It includes FM, IM, derm, and others.

That's great to hear thank you very much for the response! :)

I'm on 9/13, hbu?

10/10! Best of luck at yours! What are you doing to prepare? Im not sure what to do if I should just know my app and relax or do some extensive prep and research

10/10! Best of luck at yours! What are you doing to prepare? Im not sure what to do if I should just know my app and relax or do some extensive prep and research

I mean how much can we do? I just need to focus on giving concise answers since I seem to ramble on and not get the point soon enough. That and being prepared to be asked anything listed on my app.

I mean how much can we do? I just need to focus on giving concise answers since I seem to ramble on and not get the point soon enough. That and being prepared to be asked anything listed on my app.

Tbh not really sure haha I see hardcore interview prep mentioned but I never really had a clue what it meant, the only thing further I could imagine would be a mock interview or two. But sweet that's basically what I planned on doing! I'll probably go over standard questions and just make sure I have at least an idea of how I would go about responding to them, not really rehearse just double check to make sure there's nothing I'd get blindsided by. As well as review my whole app.