Campbell University 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know any means of transportation that gets from RDU to Campbell cheaper than taxi? I will take off around 10h30am and my interview will start at 1pm. I heard taxi costs around $200. That's a lot :(

When I interviewed, I found a cab that took me from the RDU to Campbell for $81, which was the cheapest I could find. I still have their number, if you want it. It is called the "Yellow Cab Cary Taxi" and their number is 919-756-1178. If you do a google search for them, their website gives more information. Though, the cab didn't have any labels or anything...so I felt like it was a bit shady. But, I got there and back safe. I hope this helps.

Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody interview on last friday 2/23 hear anything from the school?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where the new medical school building is going? I assume it was not near the pharmacy building but I have no idea really.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is going to be located approximately one mile from the main campus, which is where the pharmacy school is located. From what I've read, once it is completed, the new medical school will house the physician assistant program and the proposed physical therapy program, too, but the pharmacy program will be staying put.

Really? The pharmacy school is a mile from the main campus? From campus maps, it looks like it's right in the middle..

Sorry, I suppose that wasn't the best verbage on my part. I was trying to convey that the pharmacy school is located on the main campus, but the medical school will be located ~ one mile from the main campus.

JonPrePharmD is correct; most of the P1 classes (perhaps all, not really sure, honestly) take place in the main lecture hall (Hartness Lecture Hall) on the first floor in the undergrad science building, which is the Leslie Campbell Hall of Science. The undergrad science building is located right in front of Maddox Hall.

One tip about HLH: make sure you take a coat with you! :laugh: The thermostat does not work very well, and the classroom was freezing in August, but burning up in December; the Professor had no way to control it, either. I had the first section of A&P in HLH, but my professor requested a different room for this semester. The seats are quite comfortable in HLH, :thumbup: but honestly, they put a lot of people in my class to sleep.:thumbdown:

Interviewed this past Thursday, I was maybe a mile away from campus driving away when I got the call that I was accepted (they work really fast). Now for the tough decision, I got Accepted to UNC as well. I really liked both, going to be such a difficult decision.

Interviewed this past Thursday, I was maybe a mile away from campus driving away when I got the call that I was accepted (they work really fast). Now for the tough decision, I got Accepted to UNC as well. I really liked both, going to be such a difficult decision.
Nice, same thing happened to me. Would like another wolfpacker in the class of 2016! I graduated from State in December. Good luck with your choice! :thumbup:

I noticed on the interview feedback section that they have you write essays, but that post was from a while ago. Do they still do that?

Last edited:
I just got a letter from Campbell stating what they need for financial aid with a student ID listed above, should I consider in? I haven't recieved an acceptance letter as of yet.

I just got a letter from Campbell stating what they need for financial aid with a student ID listed above, should I consider in? I haven't recieved an acceptance letter as of yet.

I would call them early tomorrow. You don't want to miss out on your 2 week deposit window if the acceptance notification got filtered to your spam folder or something.

I will def do that tomorrow morning, but would you think there is a good chance
Then? But I wasn't notified of an interview or anything

I will def do that tomorrow morning, but would you think there is a good chance
Then? But I wasn't notified of an interview or anything

Oh...you didn't interview? I'm pretty sure they don't accept without an interview first. I would still call to find out what's going on though.

Yah they didn't send me an email or any letters regarding admission, all they sent me was a letter telling me to send in my financial aid documents they need, and they have given me a student ID number at the top. Even I thought it was strange why would they need my financial documents if I haven't been informed of acceptance or anything about going to an interview.
I really hope I do get in!

Yah they didn't send me an email or any letters regarding admission, all they sent me was a letter telling me to send in my financial aid documents they need, and they have given me a student ID number at the top. Even I thought it was strange why would they need my financial documents if I haven't been informed of acceptance or anything about going to an interview.
I really hope I do get in!

This is what the letter says,
The staff of the financial aid office looks forward to helping you meet Thr costs associated with the 2012-2013 school year at campbell university. Listed below are the items pertaining to the 2011 Calender year that ae needed by financial
Aid office. All forms are avalible to print... Then website is given. And listes such info needed as IRS returns etc.
Then it says, after all these documents have been recieved and your completed file is reviewed, official financial aid awards for The 2012-2013 academic year will be mailed
To you. Your prompt return of the information requested above wilł help expedite the process of determining your eligiblity for the various financial aid programs