Campbell University 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer1982

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying here for Fall 2012?

They gave me an interview for October 6 but I can't do it, so emailed them back but haven't heard back from them in 3 days. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever hear back? And did you apply ED?

Yeah I got an email this morning thankfully. They had later dates but advised me to schedule the interview in October, but I am really busy during this month, so hopefully they will let me do it in November.

I didn't do Early Decision since it was not my first choice school.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview this Thursday. Anyone else attending as well?

I'm planning to go November 3rd...one day after my interview at ETSU :eek:.

I just received an email from them today stating that my application is complete and they will start reviewing it. For those that got interview invites, how long did it take after you received this email before they sent out the invites?

i have an interview this Thursday. Anyone else attending as well?

I am scheduled for an interview at Campbell.
I see that you already went for the interview...Please let me know how that went...and if you have heard back from them about your admission information!

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the interview process

Check your email, looks like Campbell is setting up their next round of interviews. Yay!

Those that have already interviewed, have you heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
How'd you guys do yesterday? I felt great when I left, but I'm pretty good at second guessing myself afterward. I really loved the school and everyone I met was great! I see some lost weight in my future. I don't think I'll be able to eat like a normal person until I find out!

Hi everyone! I have an interview at Campbell next Thursday, November 3rd. It's funny, I just received my acceptance letter from Wingate today, and got the e-mail from Campbell about 2 hours later. What timing; ha-ha! I am looking forward to seeing what Campbell's interview process is like, as well as their new(ish) facility. Good luck to those of you who are yet to hear!

Last edited:
Good luck on Thursday! Have you visited Campbell yet? Setting foot on campus is what made my decision for me. I hope your interview goes well! :)

Hi. I get call on Oct. 20th night that I am accepted, but I haven't get email about acceptation. did campbell called u? and how long u get the email?

I got a call, but missed it by 1 minute.:( Before I had the chance to call back, the email hit my inbox. :laugh:

I think it's an either/or. My official postal mail package arrived yesterday.

Thanks! Yes, my wife went to Campbell, but that was three years ago. I have not seen much of the new building or facilities. I hear it's nice.

I got a call, but missed it by 1 minute.:( Before I had the chance to call back, the email hit my inbox. :laugh:

I think it's an either/or. My official postal mail package arrived yesterday.

well.....I live in durham and haven't get any mail from Campbell.....I am almost wondering whether something happened or they change their mind....:scared:

I'd give it through the weekend. They said you should get your stuff in the mail within the week. Then, give them a call if it's still missing.

Hi All,

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those who have upcoming interviews. I am currently a P1 and just want to say you won't go wrong choosing Campbell. We have some of the best faculty and students and you always know that professors and classmates care about your success. Buies Creek is sort of in the Boonies if you're not local but you're so busy with school anyway that it really doesn't matter. The closest big city is Raleigh and we have many students who commute from the surrounding areas. So far, it has been a great experience for me and I doubt there would've been a better fit for me. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I'd give it through the weekend. They said you should get your stuff in the mail within the week. Then, give them a call if it's still missing.

Sometimes things are a little slow in the Admissions office and they get their stuff all mixed up. May be lack of communication. I had an address change last year, told them about it (even wrote it down for them) when I was at the interview. Told them about it again when they called me to tell me I had gotten in and still it took me 3 weeks to get my package and I only lived 30 minutes from campus. If they've already contacted you to say you're in, I wouldn't worry about it so much because it just means you can hold onto that deposit longer since it's a lot of money. Give them a call sometime next week if you're anxious. Don't know what the rest of my classmates got in their packages, but all I got was acceptance letter, honor code, and bumper sticker!

Sometimes things are a little slow in the Admissions office and they get their stuff all mixed up. May be lack of communication. I had an address change last year, told them about it (even wrote it down for them) when I was at the interview. Told them about it again when they called me to tell me I had gotten in and still it took me 3 weeks to get my package and I only lived 30 minutes from campus. If they've already contacted you to say you're in, I wouldn't worry about it so much because it just means you can hold onto that deposit longer since it's a lot of money. Give them a call sometime next week if you're anxious. Don't know what the rest of my classmates got in their packages, but all I got was acceptance letter, honor code, and bumper sticker!

hey, so they just called you that u r accepted? did they email you?

hey, so they just called you that u r accepted? did they email you?

They just called me (I got my call on a Saturday). I did not get an email. They seem a bit inconsistent in their method of communication, don't ask me why but it seems some get emails, some get phone calls, but everyone eventually will get snail mail. I ended up getting 2 packages a week apart because of the address problem previously mentioned and they both had different things in them. One of the packages had 1 less document.

Like I said, don't worry, if you've been told you're in in 1 form or another then you're in.

I just sent my app there. Wish me luck :)
Just a question: I did not have a letter from a pharmacist but I had 2 letters from my bio and chem professors. Am I ok? I know Campbell prefer letter from Pharmacists.
I am actually mor intriged by their Pharm.D/MSPS; right on the line for what I want to do :)

I did MSPS there, and will attend pharm.D there again. Good Luck :)

I just sent my app there. Wish me luck :)
Just a question: I did not have a letter from a pharmacist but I had 2 letters from my bio and chem professors. Am I ok? I know Campbell prefer letter from Pharmacists.
I am actually mor intriged by their Pharm.D/MSPS; right on the line for what I want to do :)

I do hope so. Thanks :)

They just called me (I got my call on a Saturday). I did not get an email. They seem a bit inconsistent in their method of communication, don't ask me why but it seems some get emails, some get phone calls, but everyone eventually will get snail mail. I ended up getting 2 packages a week apart because of the address problem previously mentioned and they both had different things in them. One of the packages had 1 less document.

Like I said, don't worry, if you've been told you're in in 1 form or another then you're in.

Can anybody tell me how much it cost to attend Campbell? the information on the website is not so helpful:(

I had my interview at Campbell today and was SUPER impressed with everything. It was an extremely positive experience from start to finish. Even more impressive, one of my interviewers called me on my way home to let me know I was accepted. Can't say enough good things about this school!

I had my interview at Campbell today and was SUPER impressed with everything. It was an extremely positive experience from start to finish. Even more impressive, one of my interviewers called me on my way home to let me know I was accepted. Can't say enough good things about this school!

Congratulations! Are you going to go to Campbell, or are you still undecided?

Congratulations! Are you going to go to Campbell, or are you still undecided?

I also found out I got into UNC yesterday, so I am really torn. The UNC program is fantastic, but I loved EVERYTHING about Campbell. I think mainly it will come down to cost, which is unfortunate... but, reality.

Cost is definitely a huge factor. However, you should base your decision on more than that, if you can (student loans will get paid off eventually). Where will you be happy for the next 4 years?

I actually did my undergrad at UNC, but have absolutely no desire to return there for pharm school.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Congratuations on getting into both and I hope you have a great 4 years, whichever school you choose!

I also found out I got into UNC yesterday, so I am really torn. The UNC program is fantastic, but I loved EVERYTHING about Campbell. I think mainly it will come down to cost, which is unfortunate... but, reality.

I'm in the same boat. I got a call from Campbell yesterday after my interview that I got in as well. I'm so pumped to get into pharmacy school, but I have yet to hear back from UNC and I wanted to know from both places before I put down a deposit. $2000 is a lot of money wasted if I end up picking UNC later!!!!

I also agree that Campbell was great and I had a really enjoyable day. I think I'm going to go to one of their "Pharm Day" sessions to sit in on classes and meet some of the students and staff in a week or so.

Good luck to you on your decision though! They're both awesome schools and ultimately I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Cost is definitely a huge factor. However, you should base your decision on more than that, if you can (student loans will get paid off eventually). Where will you be happy for the next 4 years?

I actually did my undergrad at UNC, but have absolutely no desire to return there for pharm school.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Congratuations on getting into both and I hope you have a great 4 years, whichever school you choose!

You and me both Redheadedrx! I went there for undergrad and was so miserable the whole time I was there. I was afraid that going back for grad school would be the same experience. Luckily I was waitlisted at UNC last year forever and it panned out at Campbell. Money was also my biggest concern, but I had to think of it this way. Do I want to go to a school and just get by or do I want to go to a school where I know I'll do well and come out as a great pharmacist. As my first semester as a pharmacy student comes to a close, I know I made the right decision.

hey. anyone get official acceptance letter?

I've received 2 in the mail. The first one was my conditional with my instructions and the 2nd is the one page letter from the dean.

I've received 2 in the mail. The first one was my conditional with my instructions and the 2nd is the one page letter from the dean.

I haven't receive any mail yet. just one call 3 weeks ago. Today I emailed campbell to check. they send an email stating that I need to turn in my deposit within 15 days (it has been 3 weeks since I know I get in :(
is that because I am conditional accepted, so I won't get mail? Do you finish all the pre-required courses?

I haven't receive any mail yet. just one call 3 weeks ago. Today I emailed campbell to check. they send an email stating that I need to turn in my deposit within 15 days (it has been 3 weeks since I know I get in :(
is that because I am conditional accepted, so I won't get mail? Do you finish all the pre-required courses?

I'm conditional, as well. Is it possible they have a parent's address that they sent it to?

Just got my email for an interview at Campbell next thursday! So excited, does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips/advice?

Just got my email for an interview at Campbell next thursday! So excited, does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips/advice?

Congrats on your interview! The best advice I can give is to look through the interview feedback on here. Some of my questions were the same questions people have posted here.

Also, make sure that you're ready for a situational type interview. Make sure you answer the question by giving the situation/problem, the action taken, what your role was in that action, the result and what you learned. You want to mention if you'd do anything differently.

i.e. if they ask you to tell them about a time you saw someone cheat on a test (not a question I was asked), follow the guidelines above when answering.

I hope that makes sense.

I am interviewing on the 17th of this month! I put my pharmcas in rather late, and was skeptical that an "out-of-stater" would get an interview so late in the game.:D

As for this forum, there is only a tiny bit of information about the actual interview process. At some of the other schools i have interviewed at, there are impromptu essays, math/verbal tests, etc. I see that they ask situational questions and that the interviewers make the atmosphere comfortable. I, also have to admit that sending a photo in on the supplemental was rather interesting.

For those that have already interviewed, can you give a full run down of what the process was please.

Congrats on the interview!

I think the picture is so that they can know you by sight. Campbell is very big on making sure you know you are important and they want to be familiar with you before you even set foot on the campus.

As for the interview day, it's just that. It's an individual interview, a mini group interview, and some info sessions. No tests or essays. :) I felt that it was a very laid back (professional, but low stress) day and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Would you guys post some of the interview questions?
I am still waiting on Pharmcas to process my application :(

There are tons of example questions posted in the interview feedback section. ;)

I was going to interview on 11/17 but I was just accepted to UNC and that's where I plan to enroll. So hopefully my interview spot will go to someone else waiting.

I'm sure I would have loved Campbell but I have a very good job in Chapel Hill that will allow me to continue working while in school. Also, I'm recently married and my wife only has 1 more year left on her teaching fellows "pay back" and she doesn't really want to change jobs again. (Plus when you get married the amount of "stuff" you have doubles (or triples), making moving a real pain).