Campbell University 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will wait for another week to see.

If you are planning on going to Campbell, just make sure you get your deposit in. You do have it in writing when they want the deposit...it's just that it's email form and not postal mail. (I think I remember you posting your acceptance email?) If not, I'm sorry and I got confused.

I would think that they could resend your packet if you haven't gotten it.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are planning on going to Campbell, just make sure you get your deposit in. You do have it in writing when they want the deposit...it's just that it's email form and not postal mail. (I think I remember you posting your acceptance email?) If not, I'm sorry and I got confused.

I would think that they could resend your packet if you haven't gotten it.

It really confuse me. I send the email to ask them to send the packet to me, but they send email to me and ask for deposit within 15 days from the date of email. They give me the link to pay the deposit. I think I will just pay the deposit first, and ask the packet.

From the time of application mailing date on PharmCAS, how long was it until you guys heard back from them, regardless of acceptance/interview/declined/wait list and the like. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really confuse me. I send the email to ask them to send the packet to me, but they send email to me and ask for deposit within 15 days from the date of email. They give me the link to pay the deposit. I think I will just pay the deposit first, and ask the packet.
It would make sense that you pay your deposit first and then they send you the packet. I wouldn't worry much.

From the time of application mailing date on PharmCAS, how long was it until you guys heard back from them, regardless of acceptance/interview/declined/wait list and the like. Thank you.

PharmCAS revised my application on a Monday and I got an email inviting me to an interview that Thursday.

Interviewed today and was called about an hour and a half after my interview letting me know i was accepted. :D

Interviewed today and was called about an hour and a half after my interview letting me know i was accepted. :D

I wonder if only some of the interviewers make that personal call. Were you interviewed by Dr. Moss?

I wonder if only some of the interviewers make that personal call. Were you interviewed by Dr. Moss?

I have the same question too. I had an interviewed today and haven't received any call yet. I'm so worried about it.

Hi. I get call on Oct. 20th night that I am accepted, but I haven't get email about acceptation. did campbell called u? and how long u get the email?

What time did you receive the call :D? I had an interview today and have been waiting for that call :D

They update via email and say they have received your application package is complete.

What time did you receive the call ? I had an interview today and have been waiting for that call

I think it really depends on who interviewed you and how they want to go about notification. I missed a call the next day at 12:45 and received an email not 5 minutes later.

Good luck! Hope you get good news today!

I received the call form Dr. Moss about 530pm local North Carolina time. I have to admit that i was surprised to be called so quickly after the interview and from the actual person who interviewed me. How long does it take to get the checklist from admissions and such?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they mail it out pretty much right away. I got mine the following Monday or Tuesday and I'm in-state, so mail doesn't have much of a delay.

I think redheadedrx should work for the admission office, since he is so patient to answer questions here :)

i wish schools would promote SDN when you attend an interview so there is more Q&A for the school. I want this thread to be more lively :)

i wish schools would promote SDN when you attend an interview so there is more Q&A for the school. I want this thread to be more lively

:thumbup:

1) So, for those that read the forum but don't post, make an account and post :).

2) For those that do post-- Do any of you live around the school area? What do you do on the weekends, if we had a long weekend from Pharm-school, what is there close by to enjoy?

Also, im curious as to everyones motivation to apply to a school in a town thats population is about 2000 when school isn't in session. When i was there, i am pretty sure i didn't see a movie theatre.

1) So, for those that read the forum but don't post, make an account and post :).

2) For those that do post-- Do any of you live around the school area? What do you do on the weekends, if we had a long weekend from Pharm-school, what is there close by to enjoy?

Also, im curious as to everyones motivation to apply to a school in a town thats population is about 2000 when school isn't in session. When i was there, i am pretty sure i didn't see a movie theatre.
There are a few local bars around the area that pharmacy school students frequent to hang out. Students also have get togethers/parties at their places like at all schools...the closest movie theater is around 40 minutes away either in Garner near Raleigh or Sanford. There's many restaurants that are frequented by students also, a good one would be Mi Casita a Mexican restaurant. Campbell has many sports teams, so students frequent the soccer, basketball, football games. Joining a fraternity will keep you more than busy, especially during pledging. If you like golf, buies has a good golf course/driving range.

The good news is that Raleigh is around 45 minutes away so you can go to downtown for a night out or shopping at the many malls Raleigh has. I live in Raleigh now, so my motivation for attending Campbell is 1) it's close to home 2) the small town feel.

But honestly in pharm school you are busy, so the 40 min trip to the movies every once in a while isn't painful. The reason Campbell works for a lot of people is how close knit the community is. You can't get that at bigger public schools in large cities. If you are turned off by a small down and like large cities, Campbell might not be fore you. I visit there almost every other weekend, and I love the drive (driving during sunset on oak grove and 55 is beautiful) and the stay!

I appreciate the follow up! :) I grew up on a farm in a rural outskirts of a massive city, so you might say i am accustom to both lifestyles. When i initially made the trip out to Campbell the atmosphere seemed wonderful, and very inviting. I will chalk all my questions up to a small amount of anxiety because of actually how far it is from where i currently live.

I am glad that there is a good amount of get togethers and local hang-out spots! I am definitely looking forward to it.

I also live nearby, in the Cary/Apex area. So, I live about equidistant from both Campbell and UNC. I did my undergrad at UNC and have absolutely no desire to go back.

As for my weekends, I'm married with a kid and work as a pharm tech every other weekend. On my weekends off, we usually just hang out with friends or go out to dinner. I've always been pretty low-key. I love visiting large cities like NYC but have about zero desire to ever live there.

I love the community feel of Campbell and the fact that it's a Christian based school really appealed to me.

I'm just so anxious to get my remaining prereqs out of the way and start school!

when do i get the official letter of acceptance? is that after i pay the $2000 or any time; before or after this payment?

I think I got my conditional letter a few days after I was notified. Then, a few weeks later (so probably after my deposit), I got the one page letter from the dean (i.e. the one you would frame if you chose to do so)

I think I got my conditional letter a few days after I was notified. Then, a few weeks later (so probably after my deposit), I got the one page letter from the dean (i.e. the one you would frame if you chose to do so)

Do you mind if you share how many courses you are required to take? ( i am guessing the conditional acceptance is about incomplete prerequisites)
Thank you so much!

What do you mean by this: "I think I got"? So, you are not sure or don't remember what happened. Is this right? Please give a firm response. Did you receive the conditional letter before "or" after the deposit?

I interviewed on Nov 17th, and received the acceptance e-mail next day. After a week, I still had not received the formal acceptance letter. So I made a deposit last week. At this moment, I haven't received the letter yet (after 10 days)

Last edited:
What do you mean by this: "I think I got"? So, you are not sure or don't remember what happened. Is this right? Please give a firm response. Did you receive the conditional letter before "or" after the deposit?

I interviewed on Nov 17th, and received the acceptance e-mail next day. After a week, I still had not received the formal acceptance letter. So I made a deposit last week. At this moment, I haven't received the letter yet (after 10 days)

you are not alone. I did interview on the same date and still waiting for the letter.

Whoa, there. Calm down a bit. I have a lot going on (work, school, husband, child) and my perception of time can get a bit skewed sometimes.

I don't remember if I got the formal letter before or after I made my deposit, but if you read what I said, it's quite possible that it didn't come until after. Sorry I don't know exactly, I was just trying to let you know that it is plausible.

As for the conditional letter, I am pretty sure it was just a few days. If you check up further in this thread, you'll be able to figure it out. You'll also see another student who was waiting on her letter for awhile. I'm not sure why there are such discrepancies in delivery dates, but it seems to happen.

Do you mind if you share how many courses you are required to take? ( i am guessing the conditional acceptance is about incomplete prerequisites)

You're right :) I still have to finish my organic chems and physics.

I hope i am not confusing you with david05. :(
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi dave2012, did you call them or receive the letter yet?

No, I have paid the $2000 and waiting to get the official letter.
It has been about 14 days since the acceptance email, I received, however there were holiday and weekends , so i am planning to see what happens till next Wednesday.
I wish i know if i am accepted fully or not, and it would be nice to know what courses i need, so that i can enroll for them.

I received my acceptance email nearly 2 weeks ago as well. I am going to make my deposit today, and then call the admissions office on Monday to see about the official letter and if it may have been lost in the mail (I'm OOS).

I hope you guys get your letters soon!
Now, if August would just hurry up and get here!

I received the package today with $13,500.00 - scholarship :D. Fully accepted

I am also curious.... its that because the GPA is above 3.5?

From what I understand, the scholarship is given if your GPA is above 3.7 now, and apparently it is based on GPA at the time of acceptance. I also received the scholarship in my acceptance letter and that was what was inferred from what the letter said. Hope this helps.

I have an interview there on the 15th. Is anyone else going?? I am out of state and I need help getting them

so u mean only GPA is higher than 3.7 could get scholarship? is the GPA refer to the GPA in pharmCAS? can you tell me how much scholarship u get? sorry for asking so many questions :)

so u mean only GPA is higher than 3.7 could get scholarship? is the GPA refer to the GPA in pharmCAS? can you tell me how much scholarship u get? sorry for asking so many questions :)

From what I understand, the scholarship is given if your GPA is above 3.7 now, and apparently it is based on GPA at the time of acceptance. I also received the scholarship in my acceptance letter and that was what was inferred from what the letter said. Hope this helps.

I have an interview there on the 15th. Is anyone else going?? I am out of state and I need help getting them
Congrats. Did you mean help getting there? I'm in state and will be arriving the night before and staying close by since the interview is at 8am.

Yes only if you have a 3.7 or above in pharmcas but dont hold me to that. And 13,500 just like the other post said, its the deans scholarship.

That's pretty nice! cuz I heard from P1 that if u get GPA above 3, 5 will get around 8500 scholarship, so now I see that if higher then 3,7 could get more. I wish I could get that when I finally fully accepted
Yes only if you have a 3.7 or above in pharmcas but dont hold me to that. And 13,500 just like the other post said, its the deans scholarship.

I love every thing about Campbell university but i am concerned about the cost over the four years.
I have seen the tuition is $14500 plus some other fees but i am not sure if this will be the same for each semester till graduation or not.
Can some one tell me what will be an estimated total cost over the four years with or with out living expenses?
Thank you.

http://www.campbell.edu/pdf/business-office/tuition-fees-schedule-2011-2012.pdf

Pharmacy school is on the last page, and it's $14.5k per semester, not per year. Hopefully this link tells you what you need to know!

That's pretty nice! cuz I heard from P1 that if u get GPA above 3, 5 will get around 8500 scholarship, so now I see that if higher then 3,7 could get more. I wish I could get that when I finally fully accepted

There's no sliding scale, you either hit the 3.7 GPA requirement and get the $13.5k Dean's Scholarship, or you don't.

I had to push back my interview until the 5th because I dont know how I will get there from the airport. My insurance wont let me rent a car :(