Campbell University 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had to push back my interview until the 5th because I dont know how I will get there from the airport. My insurance wont let me rent a car :(
Ever think about a cab? Or bus travel?

A cab will be expensive ~50-60 minute ride, but it will most likely be cheaper than renting a car.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Great! I went from 8am-12pm and was called a little after 2pm by my interviewer and was told I was accepted! :woot:

congrats:)
when did campbell receive your application? and how long did it take them to email you for an inyerview?

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard that campbell mostly look at the bio and chem section of the pcat. is that true? also for those who got an interview do you mind sharing your stats. i want to know what my chances are

Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend the interview in North Carolina. I hope my spot goes to somebody else

congrats:)
when did campbell receive your application? and how long did it take them to email you for an inyerview?
Thanks!

Received 11/14
Got the invite for the interview 12/7

Don't worry about stats. If you see stats from others that have been accepted already it might make you think too much. Good luck!

what happens once i received the official acceptance letter?
Am i supposed to get additional instructions on what to do next?

what happens once i received the official acceptance letter?
Am i supposed to get additional instructions on what to do next?
There should have been two letters that you get by mail in a large envelope. Have you received that yet? It will have instructions for you.

There should have been two letters that you get by mail in a large envelope. Have you received that yet? It will have instructions for you.

yes, but i am not sure if those were the one you are asking for.

Based on those letters,i have done the followings so far:
Deposited $2000
Signed Honor Code
Sent Official Transcripts

Thanks

Anyone else have an interview for January 19th?! I'm flying in from Arizona and I'm pretty desperate on finding a hotel to stay and means of transportation to the hotel, from the hotel to the school and vice versa! If anyone could please give me any helpful information about that I would be grateful!! I'm only 22 so I don't know if I could rent a car

Hi, my interview is on Feb 2. I'll travel through RDU. Anyone else is flying into RDU and wants to split the taxi cost from the airport to Campbell? My flight will arrive at 10:30AM. :)

So this may sound like a dumb question... But the Dean's scholarship for a 3.7 GPA, that's annual meaning every year right? This isn't just a one time deal?

is it for GPA higher than 3.7?
I know that the dean scholarship is only for P1 year

Hi, my interview is on Feb 2. I'll travel through RDU. Anyone else is flying into RDU and wants to split the taxi cost from the airport to Campbell? My flight will arrive at 10:30AM. :)

I do! I haven't made any flight reservations yet but I'm flying in from Arizona. I changed my interview to the 2nd because the 19th was too soon.

So this may sound like a dumb question... But the Dean's scholarship for a 3.7 GPA, that's annual meaning every year right? This isn't just a one time deal?

It's for a 3.7 GPA or higher, and only for your first year. Regardless, that's a big chunk of change and I for one am really glad I'm getting it.

EDIT: Also, both my husband and I were accepted and are attending next year. Look forward to meeting you guys, we're really excited.

It's for a 3.7 GPA or higher, and only for your first year. Regardless, that's a big chunk of change and I for one am really glad I'm getting it.

EDIT: Also, both my husband and I were accepted and are attending next year. Look forward to meeting you guys, we're really excited.

how much for the dean scholarship?

that is a lot! Do you know that is GPA (higher than 3.7) the only requirement for dean scholarship?

From what I understand that is the case. There was a letter with my acceptance package that told me I was eligible due to my GPA.

haha, well maybe the year after for me at least.. I'm waiting for the next cycle.

Hi Owlieo, let me know when your flight will arrive. It will be much easier for two people to share the cost :)
I do! I haven't made any flight reservations yet but I'm flying in from Arizona. I changed my interview to the 2nd because the 19th was too soon.

Hi Owlieo, let me know when your flight will arrive. It will be much easier for two people to share the cost :)

Ok I can't make it on February 2nd anymore :( I'm going to email and see if they can change it to the next date for me

I just got invited to the Feb 2nd interview!
It didn't hit me how...in the middle of nowhere Campbell is until I tried finding flights via Expedia :laugh:

I e-mailed them to ask if I could schedule another date since it's a bit of short notice for me. Does anyone know if they ever do interviews on Fridays or Saturdays?

Anyways, ochemgirl, I would love to share costs with you if my flight works out! If they don't have any other dates, I'll be coming through RDU at either 9am or 10am on Feb 2nd. Are you coming in from out-of-state by any chance? I'm arriving from San Diego and need to look into hotels as well.

They responded and said the next interview is Thurs 2/23, so I decided to just go to the Thurs Feb 2nd interview. :) I think I will book the flight that gets me to RDU at 9am. Do you want to PM me to plan the taxi/travel details out? :D

For those who have done the interview, how long did it last?

And do you think it's do-able to make a 7:40pm flight from RDU after the interview? (I am only bringing a laptop + carry-on to avoid checking in lines.) I was hoping to reschedule my Midwestern interview to the day afterwards and travel to Chicago straight from Raleigh so that I only have to miss 2 days of classes instead of 4 by scheduling them a week apart. :(

Last edited:
For those who have done the interview, how long did it last?

And do you think it's do-able to make a 7:40pm flight from RDU after the interview? (I am only bringing a laptop + carry-on to avoid checking in lines.) I was hoping to reschedule my Midwestern interview to the day afterwards and travel to Chicago straight from Raleigh so that I only have to miss 2 days of classes instead of 4 by scheduling them a week apart. :(
The interview for me was around maybe 10-15 minutes. Surprisingly fast, but it was mostly because the girl interviewing before me ran into my time. They give 25 minutes for the interview. If you run out of time, ask your interviewer for their card to follow up if you would like to.

I live right by RDU and drive to Campbell often and it takes a good hour both ways. Allow time for that, especially if taking a cab as you cant control the cab's speed and they'll likely be in no hurry for obvious reasons.

Leaving at 7:40pm sounds doable, assuming your interview is no later than 2pm...2pm or later, you'll cut it close considering the Interview Day is 4 hours long.

haha. we also had interview in campbell and midwestern (chicago). good luck

The interview for me was around maybe 10-15 minutes. Surprisingly fast, but it was mostly because the girl interviewing before me ran into my time. They give 25 minutes for the interview. If you run out of time, ask your interviewer for their card to follow up if you would like to.

I live right by RDU and drive to Campbell often and it takes a good hour both ways. Allow time for that, especially if taking a cab as you cant control the cab's speed and they'll likely be in no hurry for obvious reasons.

Leaving at 7:40pm sounds doable, assuming your interview is no later than 2pm...2pm or later, you'll cut it close considering the Interview Day is 4 hours long.

Wow, that is a really fast interview! So was it just a one-on-one interview with an AdCom member? No group projects or essays? The e-mail said they begin a "general introductory session" at 1pm, and the whole thing should last "no more than 4 hours." I figured that at the latest I can leave by 5pm and make it to the airport by 6-6:30pm, which still leaves an hour to get to my flight. But how bad is the traffic from Campbell to RDU around 5pm? :confused: In San Diego it is seriously darn slow around that time.

Sorry for the plethora of questions! :p

haha. we also had interview in campbell and midwestern (chicago). good luck

Oooh congrats! How did you feel about both of them? :)

Last edited:
Hello, prospective Pharmacy students! I'm a high school senior that lives around twenty minutes away from Buies Creek and I got accepted there for Pre-Pharmacy starting Fall 2012.

If you have questions abouty the area, ask! I go there Saturday on their business campus to take the SAT.

Wow, that is a really fast interview! So was it just a one-on-one interview with an AdCom member? No group projects or essays? The e-mail said they begin a "general introductory session" at 1pm, and the whole thing should last "no more than 4 hours." I figured that at the latest I can leave by 5pm and make it to the airport by 6-6:30pm, which still leaves an hour to get to my flight. But how bad is the traffic from Campbell to RDU around 5pm? :confused: In San Diego it is seriously darn slow around that time.

Oooh congrats! How did you feel about both of them? :)

Like most areas, 5-6 PM is a rush hour block, but the nice thing about that is that Campbell is in the adjacent county. If I were you, I' d just jump on 55 and then hop on 401 to take me to Raleigh. It'll take around 45-50 minutes that way as long as there's no major delays. However, if you have a Garmin, I'd suggest taking it down there with you.

It's fine, no worries. Just a one-on-one interview with an AdCom + another student, or it could be AdCom + 2 other students...just depends. No group projects or essays. 7pm or later flight sounds fine for you. I'd use 1 hour for the ride from Buies Creek to RDU and vice versa considering RDU is a lot further away than downtown Raleigh and is basically driving to the Durham County line (NW Raleigh/Wake County)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Buies...tdfNB0pKD4w&oq=Buies+Creek+NC+to+RDU&t=h&z=12

Like most areas, 5-6 PM is a rush hour block, but the nice thing about that is that Campbell is in the adjacent county. If I were you, I' d just jump on 55 and then hop on 401 to take me to Raleigh. It'll take around 45-50 minutes that way as long as there's no major delays. However, if you have a Garmin, I'd suggest taking it down there with you.
I agree 55 to 401 to 40 to 540 would be my route to RDU. With that said, it's at least an hour drive.

They responded and said the next interview is Thurs 2/23, so I decided to just go to the Thurs Feb 2nd interview. :) I think I will book the flight that gets me to RDU at 9am. Do you want to PM me to plan the taxi/travel details out? :D

Hey silensui, I left you a visitor msg! :)

had my interview there on the 19th and got accepted the next day excited to be going there this fall

Saw one of the black RDU Jeeps on campus today and it reminded me it was an interview day; good luck to everyone! Hope you enjoy your time on campus! :)

Anyone has interview at Campbell on Feb 23? I'm out of state and will fly to RDU/FAY that morning...Anyone would like to share the drive from the airport to school?

Anyone else had their interview on Thursday 2/2 and have heard back from Campbell? I remember one of the person said we should hear back on acceptance within a week. I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming I didn't get accepted. :(

Anyone else had their interview on Thursday 2/2 and have heard back from Campbell? I remember one of the person said we should hear back on acceptance within a week. I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming I didn't get accepted. :(
Don't worry. A week is by no means any standard. Some people get accepted the day of, others weeks after their interview. I think it all depends on your interviewer.

Thanks for the reassurance, JonPrePharmD. Hopefully I will hear back this week. Doesn't matter whether I got accepted or declined - I just want to know!! hahaha!

Does anyone know any means of transportation that gets from RDU to Campbell cheaper than taxi? I will take off around 10h30am and my interview will start at 1pm. I heard taxi costs around $200. That's a lot :(