California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most of those people on stage are not faculty but they are the share holders in the company that own the college. They dressed them up in doctoral caps and gowns gave them medals. Its not about the students its about making money!!!!.......Run as fast as you can..

I feel sorry for them. Isn't graduating supposed to be about being acknowledged by the faculty of their respective fields as being worthy of their degrees?

To be acknowledged by shareholders wearing academic regalia that they have not earned the right to wear and are not even in the same field as the graduates is sad. For-profit schools for the win. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

the college is being owned by a comapny?
omggg..loool what if they close it or it goes bankrupt
no wonder its so expensive

well as long as CNUCP does not end up like HICP (hawaii College of pharmacy) then im sure we'll be straight....we should know something by the end of july or sooner:xf:

Honestly, I cannot wait to see their statistics on naplex and cpje. It should be a good reflection on their school's program methodology.

Oh and Touro is expensive now too. Their tuition increased to 40,000 this year. But they do get federal loans for lower interest rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I cannot wait to see their statistics on naplex and cpje. It should be a good reflection on their school's program methodology.

Oh and Touro is expensive now too. Their tuition increased to 40,000 this year. But they do get federal loans for lower interest rates.

It won't just be Touro, CNUCOP will probably also increase their tuition next year , especially when it gets accredited.

All the private pharmacy schools in CA are expensive.

USC 43k
Western 45k
Touro 40k
Loma Linda 41k
CNCP 44k

Most of those people on stage are not faculty but they are the share holders in the company that own the college. They dressed them up in doctoral caps and gowns gave them medals. Its not about the students its about making money!!!!.......Run as fast as you can..

Ugh! This makes me so un happy with Northstate! How do you know they are the share holders?

I know somebody that went to the graduation and she told me that it was the oddest graduation that she had ever been to and that they spent time talkin bout the investors and they were sitting on stage! After 4 years of bustin a** it would be nice to be called Dr if at least only at graduation.

I know somebody that went to the graduation and she told me that it was the oddest graduation that she had ever been to and that they spent time talkin bout the investors and they were sitting on stage! After 4 years of bustin a** it would be nice to be called Dr if at least only at graduation.

Thats annoying, who the hell cares about the investors? Thanks for making a profit off my now lifetime debts? Lol I hope they seriously change their graduation ceremony by next year :mad:

I am very concern with accreditation...if the school becomes accreditated, i dont mind having the investors at the ceremony...but honestly the ceremony was soooo weird hahah(not even being called Dr)...after all ...their money made our dream come true....withour their money...there was no school......and all schools are expensive...as long as the school becomes accreditated...we get a pharmd..we pass the board..we find a job that pays 60$ an hour...why not...let them be at the ceremony loooool ...if it doesnt become accreditated =waste of time and money....

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted:) Did anyone apply as early decision? Do you have a higher chance of getting accepted if you do? I am trying to make a decision whether to apply as early decision or not because that would mean I would have to apply to other schools later if I don't get accepted as an early decision candidate. Any comments or anything more you guys may know besides what is on their website would greatly help. Thank you!

I am very concern with accreditation...if the school becomes accreditated, i dont mind having the investors at the ceremony...but honestly the ceremony was soooo weird hahah...after all ...their money made our dream come true....withour their money...there was no school......and all schools are expensive...as long as the school becomes accreditated...we get a pharmd..we pass the board..we find a job that pays 60$ an hour...why not...let them be at the ceremony loooool ...if it doesnt become accreditated =waste of time and money....
They had the CEO at Touro's ceremony sooooo... I dont even care about that.

I just want to be called Dr when I graduate because I deserve it after 4 years of pain and debt.

But I agree with you prettycat, who cares what school u went to once u become a pharmacist.

yes 2012,

I agree with u too..( a 100%)...as long as we get a job as a pharmacist....im sure they will improve the graduation...as long as it becomes accreditated....we are good:)

it will soooo unacceptable not being called Dr's at the ceremony.......the moment weve been waiting for...our whole life

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted:) Did anyone apply as early decision? Do you have a higher chance of getting accepted if you do? I am trying to make a decision whether to apply as early decision or not because that would mean I would have to apply to other schools later if I don't get accepted as an early decision candidate. Any comments or anything more you guys may know besides what is on their website would greatly help. Thank you!
Hello :) You will be shocked if you heard when I applied for pharmacy school... hell it shocked me to the floor lol. I applied in late january and received an interview 2 weeks later. Same for the other school I applied to. Talk about fast right?

Anyways, early decision is a great idea if u plan on attending just CNCP because ur chance of admittance is higher (small pool of people to pick from). However, if you get accepted, but wanted to go somewhere else, you would have to decline their offer very early in the cycle and if u ended up waitlisted at every other program, then that would be awful.

But if u get waitlisted at CNCP from early admissions then it doesnt work against u.

Sorry for that run-on sentence.

And about any information outside their website. I was told they are opening a medical school next year and also moving their university to Elk Grove. In fact, one classmate of mine who live in Elk Grove saw the name California Northstate at the building site.

The strange part is that no one during the interview mentioned moving to Elk Grove. Does anyone have more info on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello :) You will be shocked if you heard when I applied for pharmacy school... hell it shocked me to the floor lol. I applied in late january and received an interview 2 weeks later. Same for the other school I applied to. Talk about fast right?

Your stats must have been good.

And about any information outside their website. I was told they are opening a medical school next year and also moving their university to Elk Grove. In fact, one classmate of mine who live in Elk Grove saw the name California Northstate at the building site.

The strange part is that no one during the interview mentioned moving to Elk Grove. Does anyone have more info on this?

The lease for the building at Rancho Cordova ends 2014, so CNUCOP is moving to Elk Grove.

loool,

I applied 4 hours before the deadline.(both pharmcas and secondary, im sure i was the last person that applied)...the cut off is the GPA....if u meet that requirment u will get an interview...best of luck....apply early if u can...always good.:)practice for interview...1) give me an example where u were a team leader?what did u do2) what are the challenges of pharmacy?3) what direction is pharmacy going4) what will u do if u see a homless 5) what will u do if your coworker does something wrong6) what will u do if ur supervisor does something wrong 7) what will u do if i tell u, u cant be a pharmacist 8) what are ur weaknesses 9) if u have a weakness on ur application they will empahsis on that...low grades...anything 10) give me an exmaple where kept u from doing good in school? what did u do to overcome the problem...11) tell me about urself 12) if i tell u to put people into groups how u would do that and why 12) prepare some questions about residency,internship, research....read about professors online before going:)
30 min student interview is nicer...30 min professor interview is more serious

during my interview someone mentioned medical school and the move...which is a good sign for accreditation...

Last edited:
lakeboy ...i noticed u are so against this school...why? did u got in??we cant judge before accreditation comes out....

Thank you for the replies! I wanted to confirm, so for Northstate if you meet the GPA cut off, you are guaranteed an interview??

loool,

I applied 4 hours before the deadline.(both pharmcas and secondary, im sure i was the last person that applied)...the cut off is the GPA....if u meet that requirment u will get an interview...best of luck....apply early if u can...always good.:)practice for interview...1) give me an example where u were a team leader?what did u do2) what are the challenges of pharmacy?3) what direction is pharmacy going4) what will u do if u see a homless 5) what will u do if your coworker does something wrong6) what will u do if ur supervisor does something wrong 7) what will u do if i tell u, u cant be a pharmacist 8) what are ur weaknesses 9) if u have a weakness on ur application they will empahsis on that...low grades...anything 10) give me an exmaple where kept u from doing good in school? what did u do to overcome the problem...11) tell me about urself 12) if i tell u to put people into groups how u would do that and why 12) prepare some questions about residency,internship, research....read about professors online before going:)
30 min student interview is nicer...30 min professor interview is more serious

during my interview someone mentioned medical school and the move...which is a good sign for accreditation...

The lease for the building at Rancho Cordova ends 2014, so CNUCOP is moving to Elk Grove.

Another reason CNUCOP is moving to Elk Grove besides the lease ending is that the place in Elk Grove is larger and they want the medical school + pharmacy school to be close by. They also stated that we may be taking 1-2 classes with some of the medical students when CNUCOP moves to Elk Grove.

Another reason CNUCOP is moving to Elk Grove besides the lease ending is that the place in Elk Grove is larger and they want the medical school + pharmacy school to be close by. They also stated that we may be taking 1-2 classes with some of the medical students when CNUCOP moves to Elk Grove.

That's pretty cool. Now if they can get accreditation and wicked passing rate on the 2 exams and fix the graduation oddity, I will be extremely happy. :D

Thank you for the replies! I wanted to confirm, so for Northstate if you meet the GPA cut off, you are guaranteed an interview??

I wouldnt say guaranteed but u should have a good chance. If the school hrs accredited it might be a little more competitive than the last cycle

They had the CEO at Touro's ceremony sooooo... I dont even care about that.

I just want to be called Dr when I graduate because I deserve it after 4 years of pain and debt.

But I agree with you prettycat, who cares what school u went to once u become a pharmacist.

Last edited:
school doesnt matter as long as u pass the board....

farmacy...for pharmacy school GPA is important as long as u meet the cut off GPA u will get accepted somewhere..

farmacy...for pharmacy school GPA is important as long as u meet the cut off GPA u will get accepted somewhere..
Someone in another post said that work experience trumps pharmacy school reputation. Although s/he said that it does help going to a school with a built-in network.

I've been working at a large retail pharmacy for more than two years now and I'm fairly close to the store manager. He has confided in me that he and most other managers he knows actually do look at the school of the job applicants and will often skip over those from lesser known and newer schools like CNCP. His reasoning was that "he simply doesn't trust the quality of those pharmacists," which is definitely unfortunate and unfair for the pharmacist.

Last edited:
i c,

how competitive is it to get a pharmacist job? is it very saturated? how many people apply for each position?are there alotta unemployed pharmacists out there?
when the market is tough u have to have so many years of experience,the connection or the school....connection is the most importatn of all...i tought pharmacy is not like that...i was wrong:(
i think if northstate gets accreditation by the time we graduate will be around 8 years and itll be fine...if u network and find a good internship..and perform well ull stay...(from experience,,lool)

Last edited:
Someone in another post said that work experience trumps pharmacy school reputation. Although s/he said that it does help going to a school with a built-in network.

I got yearsss of work experience and meet the GPA cutoff... Hope that means I'll get accepted to one of these schools lol

Strudel made a good point.
sfYNO.jpg

Would you feel comfortable if your pharmacist wrote like this?

I've been working at a large retail pharmacy for more than two years now and I'm fairly close to the store manager. He has confided in me that he and most other managers he knows actually do look at the school of the job applicants and will often skip over those from lesser known and newer schools like CNCP. His reasoning was that "he simply doesn't trust the quality of those pharmacists," which is definitely unfortunate and unfair for the pharmacist.

The pharmacy manager I work with told me the same thing with the same reasoning. His explanation was that there are a lot of new pharmacy schools so it is not as hard to get into one, so the quality of the pharmacist who graduate is lower. But he also said that if the job applicant has prior experience as a pharmacy tech or pharmacist they usually call up the old boss for more information about the applicant before deciding to skip over them *unless those from better known schools also has work experience*.

There were also a few pharmacist who I worked with that talk down upon lesser known schools saying that the education in the newer ones are worse. So it is not limited to those who have the ability to hire or fire.

There were also a few pharmacist who I worked with that talk down upon lesser known schools saying that the education in the newer ones are worse. So it is not limited to those who have the ability to hire or fire.

Hi, I have been lurking the forums for some time now and can't help but to give my 2 cents on this. What you said was very true. I work in a pharmacy in the Sacramento area, and grew close to the main pharmacist I work under. I told the pharmacist that one of the schools I applied to was cncp, and asked what he thought of the school. He gave me his most honest answer. First, he told me that he was an ex-preceptor. He had cncp interns, but he couldn't stand them. He told me that the TBL method doesn't work, especially since the students' knowledge do not reflect on it. When my pharmacist asks his interns a random question about a drug, they just blank out. They don't know much for that matter. Another thing that irked my pharmacist was that the cncp interns don't even come to the pharmacy dressed professionally. To add injury to insult, he told me that he suspects some of them even lied before coming in. For example, one of the interns claimed to have worked as a Walgreens tech, but the intern's performance obviously did not reflect in my pharmacist's pharmacy. Out of all the cncp interns my pharmacist had, he only really liked 1 of them.

No school is perfect or has perfect reputation, but this isn't the only time I heard about the interns. I have heard on multiple accounts (from other sources) that cncp students are not very professional in the workplace and that TBL doesn't work.

I asked my pharmacist if he would hire someone from cncp. He then turns to one of the pharmacy technicians what she thought about them. She cringed. They both agree that they would not hire people from that school if they didn't have to.

After hearing that, I withdrew my application immediately. I figure that it was more important for me to be employed than go into a pharmacy school with that kind of reputation.

Sorry for posting you this, but I thought you guys should know what you are getting into. I know the school is new and it's unfair to judge, but this does reaffirm what everyone else has been saying. That new schools (especially cncp) lack proper education and maybe even quality students. And hiring managers, pharmacists, etc. acknowledge that. It is up to you guys who plan on matriculating to this school to change that reputation.

Good luck.

That reminds me of an incident at my pharmacy when two students from CNCP were asking for a position as an intern. Neither student was taken as my boss refuses to accept anyone from the school because of past experiences.
On another note, a friend of mine who is a CNCP student, has expressed concern about the school's accreditation status, especially with the lawsuit that has been happening.
I hope it turns out well for you guys. Good luck!

That reminds me of an incident at my pharmacy when two students from CNCP were asking for a position as an intern. Neither student was taken as my boss refuses to accept anyone from the school because of past experiences.
On another note, a friend of mine who is a CNCP student, has expressed concern about the school's accreditation status, especially with the lawsuit that has been happening.
I hope it turns out well for you guys. Good luck!

Lawsuit? So there are more bad news?? Lol wowww

I know a few people who attend at CNCP. One of them messaged me asking for my cardio notes. She mentioned that her classmates actually use notes from other pharmacy schools to study since none are provided by their TBL program. If you get into this program make sure you have friends at other programs or make friends with classmates who do have connections. Honestly this doesn't surprise because no one wants to read the 81 pg ACC/AHA 2007 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction when you can get notes summarizing it for you.

But you should still read those guidelines.

Last edited:
God damn I'm starting to wonder about waiting to reapply. I dont want to be a low quality student or looked over when applying for jobs. Any body know the details of the lawsuit and whats going on there?

Hi byebyebeautyful. After I read all this and from what my friends tell me, I can only recommend against going to cncp.

The only thing you can possibly gain from the school is a plain PharmD degree. And that's a maybe. Cncp is likely to be accredited, but something tells me it will not be easy. When my friend went to the cncp interview, she asked the students how confident they are in the inaugural class to pass the licensing exams. She could tell that the students didn't feel very confident. The students shrugged and mentioned, things were messy during the first year and everything came together after the second year. Also, word of mouth is that half the class failed a (particular?) rotation or something to that magnitude.

Then there's that lawsuit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=915119
Not sure if it will impact accreditation, but it will affect the school a lot if the school loses. Tuition will rise to make up for the loss. Chaos might occur among the administrators of the school.

Employment: Pharmacy is a regional career, so a graduate's best chances of getting employed is in the area nearest the pharmacy school. But if the surrounding area, Sacramento, is filled with pharmacists who do not want to hire cncp grads, then they are in trouble. Another person's post shows that my Sacramento pharmacist is not the only one that shares the same negative sentiment about cncp.

Lack of alumni network: Enough said. The school has no alumni network, unless you count the inaugural class that just recently graduated.

Other reputation: a) the school had a shady startup history to begin with. Cncp had recruited some top-notch uop teachers to start the school. But then suddenly, the uop teachers had some disagreement with the way the school was run, and fled back to uop. Dig up old threads for more information. b) An embarrassing fact is that in the early years, cncp were begging students, who got accepted to other schools, to go to cncp instead. This is what I heard from the pre-pharm community at my school.

Loans: Pharmacy school is expensive enough, but private loans make it worse. Even though subsidized government loans are gone for all professional programs, but private loan interest rates are much higher, unless you have a co-signer or something. All the talk of pharmacy saturation and negative cncp sentiment will make it hard for students to pay back their loans. Lifetime debt?

Learning methodology: TBL doesn't work. My friend and I believed in it, but more evidence is showing that TBL does not, especially in the workplace. The school uses only TBL and offer no lab courses. This is bad because pharmacy is supposed to be hands on. I found this from yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-northstate-college-of-pharmacy-rancho-cordova (Read the filtered comment.)

There is nothing substantial you can really gain from the school. If you want to wait another year and reapply, it is not a bad idea. I was going to do that myself. Thank god I was accepted to another program though. I wish you good luck though, and have faith in the other schools you are waiting on.

tl;dr True friends don't let friends attend cncp. But if you still want to, good luck.

omg,,,,im getting a heart attack reading all of this...
can someone prescribe medication for me...

school doesnt make u a good pharmacist...u make urself a good pharmacist...

i went to a state school to get my engineering degree and all my coworkers are from MIT and caltech....i am better than them cuz i work harder...as long the school gets accreditation everything is FINE....too early too judge
1) anyone can file a lawsuit
2) acceptance GPA is 3.3 like many other schools
3) the school is doing good with accreditation(doing two accreditation at the same time)
4) anyone can dress professionally...hahhahhaha i mean come on people....u need to do better than that....people are not professional?????
i am wondering if the people posting these bad stuff about school got rejected???? dont worry ull get in next year...or maybe ur on the waiting list...or friends are???who knows
1800 applied 100 got in......:) im wondering why all these negative stuff being posted a few days before 5000 is due ...loooool

Last edited:

i went to a state school to get my engineering degree and all my coworkers are from MIT and caltech....i am better than them cuz i work harder...as long the school gets accreditation everything is FINE....too early too judge
3) the school is doing good with accreditation(doing two accreditation at the same time)
4) anyone can dress professionally...hahhahhaha i mean come on people....u need to do better than that....people are not professional?????
i am wondering if the people posting these bad stuff about school got rejected???? dont worry ull get in next year...or maybe ur on the waiting list...or friends are???who knows
1800 applied 100 got in......:)
Yeah, I mean its not like its anything NEW this year. Why didnt these people posted last year when they were actually on rotation. Also, it is normal to not get an intern job! No kidding they werent hiring but I doubt they hired anyone. Oh and wasn't Touro a new school too once, oh wait, I think every school was new once? Mind boggling right. It seems like those managers are the old traditional folks who prefer everything the old fashion way and have to spite any new school that exists because they went to a prestigious school so they have to look down STEREOTYPICALLY to any pharmacist from a new school because apparently they have the right to do so.

This is why we need a new generation of pharmacists.

And this is why I will vow to do my best in pharmacy school. :p

yup yup 2012:)

i agree:), from all posts i read online...i have a feeling that old pharmacist are worried that they will lose their jobs to the new generation...new technology coming out everyday:)

Last edited:
Hi byebyebeautyful. After I read all this and from what my friends tell me, I can only recommend against going to cncp.

The only thing you can possibly gain from the school is a plain PharmD degree. And that's a maybe. Cncp is likely to be accredited, but something tells me it will not be easy. When my friend went to the cncp interview, she asked the students how confident they are in the inaugural class to pass the licensing exams. She could tell that the students didn't feel very confident. The students shrugged and mentioned, things were messy during the first year and everything came together after the second year. Also, word of mouth is that half the class failed a (particular?) rotation or something to that magnitude.

Then there's that lawsuit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=915119
Not sure if it will impact accreditation, but it will affect the school a lot if the school loses. Tuition will rise to make up for the loss. Chaos might occur among the administrators of the school.

Employment: Pharmacy is a regional career, so a graduate's best chances of getting employed is in the area nearest the pharmacy school. But if the surrounding area, Sacramento, is filled with pharmacists who do not want to hire cncp grads, then they are in trouble. Another person's post shows that my Sacramento pharmacist is not the only one that shares the same negative sentiment about cncp.

Lack of alumni network: Enough said. The school has no alumni network, unless you count the inaugural class that just recently graduated.

Other reputation: a) the school had a shady startup history to begin with. Cncp had recruited some top-notch uop teachers to start the school. But then suddenly, the uop teachers had some disagreement with the way the school was run, and fled back to uop. Dig up old threads for more information. b) An embarrassing fact is that in the early years, cncp were begging students, who got accepted to other schools, to go to cncp instead. This is what I heard from the pre-pharm community at my school.

Loans: Pharmacy school is expensive enough, but private loans make it worse. Even though subsidized government loans are gone for all professional programs, but private loan interest rates are much higher, unless you have a co-signer or something. All the talk of pharmacy saturation and negative cncp sentiment will make it hard for students to pay back their loans. Lifetime debt?

Learning methodology: TBL doesn't work. My friend and I believed in it, but more evidence is showing that TBL does not, especially in the workplace. The school uses only TBL and offer no lab courses. This is bad because pharmacy is supposed to be hands on. I found this from yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-northstate-college-of-pharmacy-rancho-cordova (Read the filtered comment.)

There is nothing substantial you can really gain from the school. If you want to wait another year and reapply, it is not a bad idea. I was going to do that myself. Thank god I was accepted to another program though. I wish you good luck though, and have faith in the other schools you are waiting on.

tl;dr True friends don't let friends attend cncp. But if you still want to, good luck.

Hondacivic, thank you for your input, I do appreciate it. I am still waitlisted at two more schools and really have my fingers crossed. I will think about more, especially before writing out a check for 5000 to CNCP.

If I knew last summer what I know about CNCP now, I definitely wouldnt have applied.

1800 applied 100 got in......:) im wondering why all these negative stuff being posted a few days before 5000 is due ...loooool

It is true that it is the individual who makes him/herself a good pharmacist; however, bear in mind that if a school (CNCP in this case) cannot prepare interns on packaging IVs prior hospital rotations, then we have a problem here. You see, you need a strong foundation on pharmacy education and training in order to be a good pharmacist - in addition to good work ethic. However, if you have pharmacists who lack adequate pharmacy training, regardless of how caring and sincere they are, it'll be difficult to say they're "good", especially when they can potentially endanger patient safety.

1&3) Yes you can file a lawsuit, but if you look carefully at the lawsuit CNCP is currently facing, it appears to be legitimate, not frivolous. Specifically the plaintiff made the following allegations which may seriously affect the accreditation of the school:

1) CNCP participating in illegal tuition schemes
2) CNCP putting profits over education
3) Mr. Brazill reporting to the accreditation board that CNCP lacked the resources necessary for accreditation.
Thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=915119

Legal Document: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4izccdmmf6uiw2z

Illegal Tuition Schemes: Page 6 Line 16 - Page 7 Line 12
Profits over Education: Page 6 Line 7 - Line 15
Lack of Resources Essential for Accreditation: Page 6 Line 7 - Line 15

4) I've worked at a hospital pharmacy in Northern California that helped many patients including the critically ill/injured. The pharmacists I've worked with are not very fond of CNCP students. hondacivic adequately sums up why, with professional attire and team-based learning being prominent issues.

I did not apply for CNCP because I received knowledge and testimonials of its poor curriculum beforehand. It is unfortunate that things are getting worse for the school. Bear in mind that this is not an issue of members being rejected and hating the school. Do your research on CNCP before you apply or pay your deposit for this school. The school tuition is not cheap for the type of education you are getting.

For profit or education? You decide.

It is true that it is the individual who makes him/herself a good pharmacist; however, bear in mind that if a school (CNCP in this case) cannot prepare interns on packaging IVs prior hospital rotations, then we have a problem here. You see, you need a strong foundation on pharmacy education and training in order to be a good pharmacist - in addition to good work ethic. However, if you have pharmacists who lack adequate pharmacy training, regardless of how caring and sincere they are, it'll be difficult to say they're "good", especially when they can potentially endanger patient safety.

1&3) Yes you can file a lawsuit, but if you look carefully at the lawsuit CNCP is currently facing, it appears to be legitimate, not frivolous. Specifically the plaintiff made the following allegations which may seriously affect the accreditation of the school:

Thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=915119

Legal Document: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4izccdmmf6uiw2z

Illegal Tuition Schemes: Page 6 Line 16 - Page 7 Line 12
Profits over Education: Page 6 Line 7 - Line 15
Lack of Resources Essential for Accreditation: Page 6 Line 7 - Line 15

4) I've worked at a hospital pharmacy in Northern California that helped many patients including the critically ill/injured. The pharmacists I've worked with are not very fond of CNCP students. hondacivic adequately sums up why, with professional attire and team-based learning being prominent issues.

I did not apply for CNCP because I received knowledge and testimonials of its poor curriculum beforehand. It is unfortunate that things are getting worse for the school. Bear in mind that this is not an issue of members being rejected and hating the school. Do your research on CNCP before you apply or pay your deposit for this school. The school tuition is not cheap for the type of education you are getting.

For profit or education? You decide.
Good luck convincing 100+ people and 1600+ applicants this coming cycle.

twentytwelve2......i agree with you!!! i seriously wonder what the new graduates have to say about all of this!? there are some schools out there that were established and were on shaky grounds with their accredidation as a matter of fact they were put on probation. okay so there are 1 or few pple that dont want to hire from new schools...SO WHAT! they do not make up for the entire nation where there is a pharmacist that is needed.....i know quite a few people that have been placed in a pharmacy, training right now as we speak, and they just graduated from cncup! ALL rph schools are expensive! this is a new school it has to go through the needed criteria to get accredited, so those people that want to go best of wishes those that dont the feelings are all the same.:)

Last edited:

Who is trying to convince anybody, we are all adults we all get to make our own decision about where we want to go to school. If you do or don't go to CNCP it has no impact on me. Like others that have posted I live in the area too and I hear the complaints at work and from my dad who is a pharmacist in the area. The post are more about...I'm just say'n so you know whats up...good luck to all of you.

OH MY GOODNESS EVERYONE!!! I JUST GOT IN!!!!! I had to slap myself into reality because i couldnt believe it!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy! Man, I've been applying since 2003 to Rx schools. It didnt help that my GPA was so low. But I didnt give up. GOOD LUCK to everyone and keep trying IF this IS your PASSION because you will get in.
Congrats!!!!:clap::clap::clap::highfive:

if the school gets accreditated everything is fine..

u dont need a pharmd to practice as a pharmacist ...u can do it with a B.S...
this school offers pharmd good enough ...

if the school gets accreditated everything is fine..

u dont need a pharmd to practice as a pharmacist ...u can do it with a B.S...
this school offers pharmd good enough ...

Lol no one offers less than a PharmD anymore.

not anymore...but there are many bs's working as pharmacist