California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if it gets accreditated...the school can apply for federal loans...itll take them 7-8 months... probably spring 2013 or latest fall 2013....
if u get closer to acceptance...u will first get an email saying ur on the highwaiting list...ill pray for u:)
i wanted to become a pharmacist long before my EE job loool
....i have more passion for pharmacy than electrical engineering... there is not much difference in money...if i work four more years..im a happy electrical engineer, but im sure ill even be a happier pharmacist loool
going to work,,having to pay student loans and tax and everything else...money does matter:-(
specially if ur on contract...omgggg....lets not forget the crazy economy. to get a job u have to know someone who knows someone...otherwise, ull have to look for at least one year..and end up being on contract........omggg...loooool

i got accepted waaaay earlier this year....i am looking for other loans beside sallie mae, my family will support my tuition only, but i am looking for funds for my cost of living

Members don't see this ad.

i got accepted waaaay earlier this year....i am looking for other loans beside sallie mae, my family will support my tuition only, but i am looking for funds for my cost of living

Whats so bad about the sallie mae?

Whats so bad about the sallie mae?

i have a couple of family members having a not so good experience with salli mae. for example, my cousin borrowed 30,000 and she now owes 75,000 so i dont want to deal with their crazy intrest rates. i mean if i have to take out a loan i dont mind paying a few thousand in intrest but not nothing CRAZY. I dont want to spend my whole professional career paying school loans....i am looking for something that sounds reasonable

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a couple of family members having a not so good experience with salli mae. for example, my cousin borrowed 30,000 and she now owes 75,000 so i dont want to deal with their crazy intrest rates. i mean if i have to take out a loan i dont mind paying a few thousand in intrest but not nothing CRAZY. I dont want to spend my whole professional career paying school loans....i am looking for something that sounds reasonable
I dont get your point... Sallie Mae is about an ~8% interest rate if you choose better options IE auto debit repayment gets you -0.25 to your interest rate among other things.

Stafford loan for 2012-13 year is at 6.8%. I know 1.2% difference is still thousands of dollars but its not a huge increase. Also, subsidized loans are gone now.

My point is I dont think you can find a cheaper alternative to sallie mae :x Can you borrow money from relatives?

I dont get your point... Sallie Mae is about an ~8% interest rate if you choose better options IE auto debit repayment gets you -0.25 to your interest rate among other things.

Stafford loan for 2012-13 year is at 6.8%. I know 1.2% difference is still thousands of dollars but its not a huge increase. Also, subsidized loans are gone now.

My point is I dont think you can find a cheaper alternative to sallie mae :x Can you borrow money from relatives?

well im sure there is something out there that will suit me if needed. like i said i have family members experiencing a rough jpurney with sallie mae vs federal. my cousin borrowed 30,000 and now has to pay back 75,000 that is not 8%

Last edited:
well im sure there is something out there that will suit me if needed. like i said i have family members experiencing a rough jpurney with sallie mae vs federal. my cousin borrowed 30,0000 and now has to pay back 75,000 that is not 8%

There are many variables to calculating interest rate ie credit score, cosigner, and repayment option and auto-debit-payment. Everyone's interest rate will be different...

try ihelp student loan..i agree,i think saliemae is the best option..i think in order for u to get private loan ur school(CNSCP) should participate with the lender..u can try wells fargo but not sure if the school works with them..but call them and ask..:)u can also call cnscp's financial aid office...but i think we wont be able to go to other lenders cuz they dont participate with the school..but ask..not sure

my current pay check after the student loan and tax its a nitemare:(
the salaries are so low with this economy..help me God...

Last edited:
I wana mention something about loans:

I borrowed 44000 federal loan to become an EE....ive been paying 250$(graduate plan) a month for the past 7 years and the principle balance is still 44000$ looool...i think it will go for another 25 years...omg....maybe i stay in my current job looool

if it gets accreditated...the school can apply for federal loans...itll take them 7-8 months... probably spring 2013 or latest fall 2013....
if u get closer to acceptance...u will first get an email saying ur on the highwaiting list...ill pray for u:)
i wanted to become a pharmacist long before my EE job loool
....i have more passion for pharmacy than electrical engineering... there is not much difference in money...if i work four more years..im a happy electrical engineer, but im sure ill even be a happier pharmacist loool
going to work,,having to pay student loans and tax and everything else...money does matter:-(
specially if ur on contract...omgggg....lets not forget the crazy economy. to get a job u have to know someone who knows someone...otherwise, ull have to look for at least one year..and end up being on contract........omggg...loooool

I'm going to quit my salary job soon too which pays pretty well but I've wanted to become a pharmacist for a long time now. So I'm definitely going to school because I want to and I am excited that in about 4 years from now, we will all be pharmacists!

Do we have to resubmit our transcripts directly to this school? I know we all did once to Pharmcas.

woow,

oh i c, so we are in the same situation.. took me a long time to find my job...its a tough decision for me...and i have to make it soon....im not sure if im coming ...i wanted it sooo bad for sooo long too...but the economy...my age....loans....schools accreditation...its a tough decision:( :( :(
its a life changing decision for us...we have so much to lose,,, being unemployed looking for a job..its a nitemare....i dont wana face that again:(

Last edited:
ya, i think we have to send transcripts to them too....email gail to make sure

Do we have to resubmit our transcripts directly to this school? I know we all did once to Pharmcas.

yes we do. we have to have the schools send an updated offical copy of ALL of our transcripts from each university/college attended......but email gail to make sure she receives them

Members don't see this ad :)
OH MY GOODNESS EVERYONE!!! I JUST GOT IN!!!!! I had to slap myself into reality because i couldnt believe it!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy! Man, I've been applying since 2003 to Rx schools. It didnt help that my GPA was so low. But I didnt give up. GOOD LUCK to everyone and keep trying IF this IS your PASSION because you will get in.

OH MY GOODNESS EVERYONE!!! I JUST GOT IN!!!!! I had to slap myself into reality because i couldnt believe it!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy! Man, I've been applying since 2003 to Rx schools. It didnt help that my GPA was so low. But I didnt give up. GOOD LUCK to everyone and keep trying IF this IS your PASSION because you will get in.

CONGRATS:highfive:

Yay! I had no doubt with you- you were on the high w/l + you got into Touro so I was sure you were on the top of their list.
Congratulations and... maybe I will see you at Northstate or Touro. Whooo knowsss lol.

Yay! I had no doubt with you- you were on the high w/l + you got into Touro so I was sure you were on the top of their list.
Congratulations and... maybe I will see you at Northstate or Touro. Whooo knowsss lol.
Thanks guys! It would be awesome to meet you all. Pharmacy is a small world, I am sure our paths will cross one day ;)

Congratzssssss!!! :) :)
I told uuuuuu :cool: lol
Looks like my predictions are coming true :cool:
It's on me and pigxy now :thumbup::thumbup::xf::xf::xf::scared:

Congrats Consultation!

Congratzssssss!!! :) :)
I told uuuuuu :cool: lol
Looks like my predictions are coming true :cool:
It's on me and pigxy now :thumbup::thumbup::xf::xf::xf::scared:

lol I hope we hear good news the end of this week!

consultation,,

congraddddddddddddddddddddddd:) .....are u going to quit ur job to go back to school too?

Last edited:
consultation,,

congraddddddddddddddddddddddd:) .....are u going to quit ur job to go back to school too?
Thank you! No, I am still going to work if I go to northstate. But only one day/ week tho. I understand your predicament-like someone else said on here, it depends on what you want to do for the rest of your life? You will find a job as a pharmacist when you are done if not in Sacramento then maybe the surrounding areas. I am evening considering moving to Texas if I have to(lol...no offense to Texas).

thanks consultation,

ur right,,,since ive been unemployed for some time...with no support..all i think about is not having to struggle paying for food or rent...:(looool, im willing to go to texas too...as long as i have a roof and food on the table....texas will do it for me...hehhe

does anyone know if we can save our seat for one year? how?

thanks consultation,

ur right,,,since ive been unemployed for some time...with no support..all i think about is not having to struggle paying for food or rent...:(looool, im willing to go to texas too...as long as i have a roof and food on the table....texas will do it for me...hehhe

does anyone know if we can save our seat for one year? how?
I know Touro lets you defer your admission. I believe northstate does not. I read that on the school info page of pharmcas. Check it out and see if it's still up under the school stats etc page of pharmcas.

thanks consultation,

I saw it its there...they dont defer admission

Same here, at least it wasn't a correction email stating that they mistakenly sent you a acceptance email :D instead of a waitlist one :scared:. As for the email indicating that the start date is now the 20th instead of the 24th, the reasoning Gail gave us was so that there was enough remediation time during winter break.

My paperwork says school starts on August 13th??

arent we suppose to be there on the 13th for the oreintation??
i think for us P1 its the 13th:)

i cant wait till the accreditation comes out by end of Jun...dont forget to pray people...

Last edited:

i cant wait till the accreditation comes out by end of Jun...dont forget to pray people...

Oh man seriously, please be accredited! I cant imagine how students took out private loans all four years!

registration is on the 6-10th

Oh man seriously, please be accredited! I cant imagine how students took out private loans all four years!
I have a feeling those who accepted their seat from the inaugural class had means of paying most, if not all there tuition so loans did not affect them significantly. Considering you owe around 90,000 if you borrow the cost of tuition (varies for some, depend on interest rate) after one year, I dont think people would justify going to pharmacy school if they end up over 300,000 in debt by graduation time. It is inconceivable!

Pretty sure they either had low interest rate or did the interest repayment plan- whatever it takes to get interest rate to that of stafford loan which is 6.8%.

By the way, how did you guys know accreditation results will be up by end of June? Have all graduates taken their naplex and cpje already?

omg,,,ya,,,,i couldnt imagine 4years with no federal loan:)

I tought accrediation will be next year but I called the school and asked:)they said its june

yup registration is in augest:)

90*4=360,000 omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
if someone does 100% loan will end up with 360k in debt....
even federal loan has interest...

Its about 45k per year *not including housing and other living expenses* not 90k, it would be insane if it was 90k a year

so its 45*4 = 180k in loans by itself, assuming the tuition does not go up each year and this does not include the interest...

Its about 45k per year *not including housing and other living expenses* not 90k, it would be insane if it was 90k a year

so its 45*4 = 180k in loans by itself, assuming the tuition does not go up each year and this does not include the interest...

~90,000 is how much you owe back to them for borrowing ~40,000 dollars. So times that by 4 years (if no federal loan consecutively).

The nice thing about federal loans (prior to 2012-13 school year) is 8,000 of the loan was subsidized. Meaning 8,000 was interest-free. It was 6 or 8,000 cant remember but yeah.. subsidized loans are gone now. :( So even if we get stafford, we pay more than prior students.

Please note that ACPE accreditation and WASC accreditation are two different things.

ACPE will not qualify the school for federal loans, only WASC accreditation will. These are two separate institutions and processes.

~90,000 is how much you owe back to them for borrowing ~40,000 dollars. So times that by 4 years (if no federal loan consecutively).

How did you calculate the $90,000 debt from borrowing $40,000?

How did you calculate the $90,000 debt from borrowing $40,000?
It was actually more than 90,000 (close to 99,000) when I borrowed 41,300 exactly. Sallie Mae calculates the total amount owed after graduation for you.

Of course it varies with people's credit score, cosigner, etc but on average I dont think anyone will get a super low interest rate like 7%.

I didnt end up borrowing 41,300. I borrowed 8.3k less and it went to around 60,000 now.

yes wacs is different than APCE,,but i specifically asked about wasc and got aware its by end of june...and ya if someone borrow at least tution 45*4=150
if someone goes on loan a 100% its 70*4=280k
thats loan itself...forget the interest

lets not forget all that undergraduate money we spent just to get here...(some of us are reapplicant.

at least a 1000$ for the interview and application ....all these years and money...omg
4 more years of hard work and expensivness to come..wana me to make a quick exit just thinking about itlooool

Last edited:
I found CNCP's 2012 inaugural class graduation video posted on Youtube. I noticed they were not presented as Dr. followed by their names. Also, the caps they wore were those of Bachelor's degree level. I've been to another pharmacy school graduation and their cap was the one Doctorates wear and they were called by Dr.

Does this have anything to do with being unaccredited? Therefore they cannot be called Dr.'s for the time being?

It would be nice if a CNCP alumni posted some info on this, I am super curious!

omg..for real???

i went to my ex bf graduation...he went to nonaccreditated school he was called Dr. and his everthing was for doctors...as long as the program is pharmd shouldnt have anything to do with the accreditation..as its written online graduates from candidate school have the same rights as full accreditation schools....so weird...can u post the link please

omg..for real???

i went to my ex bf graduation...he went to nonaccreditated school he was called Dr. and his everthing was for doctors...as long as the program is pharmd shouldnt have anything to do with the accreditation..as its written online graduates from candidate school have the same rights as full accreditation schools....so weird...can u post the link please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UGJ6QWH2s

Weird... now I am confused why they are not called Doctors... and the wrong cap.

thanks for the link 2012,

looooooooooool, the whole ceremony its weird....are they at least being presented by a pharmD?...loool
nonaccreditated for profite school...help me God....
no diploma..no pharmD...they arent even been called Dr....so weird..who are these professors presenting the degree..how come they are not on their website or wasnt in the interview...they brought them from outside..loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

thanks for the link 2012,

looooooooooool, the whole ceremony its weird....are they at least being presented by a pharmD?...loool
nonaccreditated for profite school...help me God....
no diploma..no pharmD...they arent even been called Dr....so weird
On the bright side, I like their school colors. :) lol

Anyone from the regular wait list get pulled off the wait list?

Please note that ACPE accreditation and WASC accreditation are two different things.

ACPE will not qualify the school for federal loans, only WASC accreditation will. These are two separate institutions and processes.

well as long as CNUCP does not end up like HICP (hawaii College of pharmacy) then im sure we'll be straight....we should know something by the end of july or sooner:xf:

Most of those people on stage are not faculty but they are the share holders in the company that own the college. They dressed them up in doctoral caps and gowns gave them medals. Its not about the students its about making money!!!!.......Run as fast as you can..