California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterlao

Pre-Pharmacy Hopeful
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any former applicants or current students have any advice for the interview?

Also is anyone else interviewing on Sept. 30th? I'll be flying in the evening before if anyone wants to meet up and help each other prepare for the big day.

I've spoke to a couple acquaintances who go there now and they've had nothing but great things to say about the school. I'd like to hear more opinions about the school if anyone has anything to share. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Do any former applicants or current students have any advice for the interview?

Also is anyone else interviewing on Sept. 30th? I'll be flying in the evening before if anyone wants to meet up and help each other prepare for the big day.

I've spoke to a couple acquaintances who go there now and they've had nothing but great things to say about the school. I'd like to hear more opinions about the school if anyone has anything to share. :D

i am interviewing on the 30th also.
Where are you staying? I booked the Marriott that is 1 mile away, not sure if I should walk. What's your plan?

Please let me know the details :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey if you guys don't mind, I was wondering when you guy submitted your supplemental and received the message for an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey if you guys don't mind, I was wondering when you guy submitted your supplemental and received the message for an interview

i submitted supplemental August 15th and interview invite September 6th.
Northstate started processing their applications September 1st i think.

Wow, invites so early! CONGRATS to those that got an interview already!!!

Hopefully the others (including myself) hear from them soon! =]

Interview offer on September 6th and I submitted the supplemental on August 17th.

wanttobepharm- I'm actually staying with a friend in Sacramento which is about 20ish minutes away, I should be able to borrow his car so I was planning on just driving there. We should definitely meet up and assuming I have the car I could pick you up also. PM me so we can coordinate this.

hey wat's up guys i'm gonna try to make a facebook group for the sept 30th interviewers, but i can not make the group unless i add people to the group...so if you guys would like you guys can add me...my url is svrlin after facebook...hopefully this could be easier to communitcate

hey wat's up guys i'm gonna try to make a facebook group for the sept 30th interviewers, but i can not make the group unless i add people to the group...so if you guys would like you guys can add me...my url is svrlin after facebook...hopefully this could be easier to communitcate

you can create a group and post the link and we'll join

i tried making a group but it won't let me unless i add one person on to the group, and since i didn't know anybody that's y i asked for one person who's going..but anywayz i found another way so here's the link for those who are going to sept 30th and like to join the group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/151306298294326/

I deactivated my facebook until after my pcat (Sept. 28th) so I'll join after then I guess haha

hi. for those that finished the supplemental, was there an email confirmation or anything after you uploaded your application and paid the fee?

or is your application considered "submitted" if your pdf file is uploaded and fee is paid?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi. for those that finished the supplemental, was there an email confirmation or anything after you uploaded your application and paid the fee?

or is your application considered "submitted" if your pdf file is uploaded and fee is paid?

Considered completed when it's uploaded -> submitted --> fee paid.

Hope this helps.

Any new invites anyone? Or are they waiting till after the first round of interviews are done?

After I submitted my app, I got a email saying that my payment was accepted.

No interview invites so far and I submitted my supplemental app really early. :'( I would imagine that they would continuously give out interviews instead of waiting for rounds but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Also doesn't help that they do not answer their phones. Only communicate through emails. :mad:

i got an interview on 30th also~~~

i am interviewing on the 30th also.
Where are you staying? I booked the Marriott that is 1 mile away, not sure if I should walk. What's your plan?

Please let me know the details :thumbup:

i add the facebook group~i send the request please accept me.

did anyone look at the TBL assignment?
Are we supposed to take notes and work together during interview
or read during interview and work together?

Not sure how much preparation needed for this.

How did everyone's interview go? :)

Long, and it was pretty stressful for me because the student interview was much harder than the faculty. I don't feel like the students showed much connection with me. But the faculty was very nice and we had a good conversation.

I was pretty happy with how mine turned out. I didn't get a student interview, mine was actually with someone who worked in the library. The TBL exercise was pretty cool too.

I was pretty happy with how mine turned out. I didn't get a student interview, mine was actually with someone who worked in the library. The TBL exercise was pretty cool too.
I'm glad that your interview went smoothly. What is TBL exercise? Thanks

What do you guys think about the didactic curriculum being completely taught by team-based learning with little lecture time? Could this be because they may not have enough professors that can lecture?

What do you guys think about the didactic curriculum being completely taught by team-based learning with little lecture time? Could this be because they may not have enough professors that can lecture?

I think this method of learning actually promote real-life experience for future careers. Although new, it is a very helpful way to let students learn the best the could in this setting.

My thoughts on the TBL method.

I don't think lack of teachers is the reason for the team based learning. The dean is really passionate about this teaching method and I think in a lot of ways it is a more effective way of learning. It stimulates more thought and discussion in the classroom and requires that you come prepared to class. The TBL exercise consisted of us taking a short multiple choice quiz individually, then taking the quiz as a group. It was a short preview to how a normal day in class would be at this school.

Long, and it was pretty stressful for me because the student interview was much harder than the faculty. I don't feel like the students showed much connection with me. But the faculty was very nice and we had a good conversation.
i did not get any student interview, all my interviews are with faculty and stuff. i have no idea why they have two interview since they two interviews has pretty similar question.

I would wait to hear of actual Northstate students' experiences, but as I am in a pharmacy school that uses teams for some learning activities (not to the extent that Northstate does), here are my thoughts: some teams might turn out to be really good, energetic, and prepared. Others might end up being quiet or ill-prepared, and it might end up feeling like one or two people are doing all the work or at least taking charge while other people are reluctant to step up for whatever reason, like being underprepared or shy. Considering the pharmacy students tend to be reasonably motivated and intelligent, most teams will probably be somewhere in the middle. It's great when it works, but it might not work all the time.

Anyone know when the next interview will be????? I'm going crazy waiting for them especially since they dun even respond to my email lol :(

Anyone know when the next interview will be????? I'm going crazy waiting for them especially since they dun even respond to my email lol :(

Im not too sure when the next interview would be but I think Gail is swamped now trying to get 70 applicants files reviewed.

Alot of us interviewed on September 30th...ALOT

Im not too sure when the next interview would be but I think Gail is swamped now trying to get 70 applicants files reviewed.

Alot of us interviewed on September 30th...ALOT

wow ok, thanks for the info wanttobepharm! hope u get news from them.

oops i meant to say hope you get "good" news from them lol darn i just woke up am still a bit sleepy :oops:

im wondering whether to do UCSF's r u applying here?

I did pharmcas for them but only for fun haha...i dont think i will waste $50 to get rejected. It's a whole different league.

you?

I did pharmcas for them but only for fun haha...i dont think i will waste $50 to get rejected. It's a whole different league.

you?

hahahah same here now i think about it there was a couple of schools i shouldn't have added to pharmcas. idk if i have time to answer the essays cuz im pretty busy w/school right now. you still have lots of interviews left tho, you'll get in some where for sure! :thumbup:

hahahah same here now i think about it there was a couple of schools i shouldn't have added to pharmcas. idk if i have time to answer the essays cuz im pretty busy w/school right now. you still have lots of interviews left tho, you'll get in some where for sure! :thumbup:

Not so optimistic as you but thanks lol :oops:
Midwestern brought my confidence down quite a bit.

Eyes on the money for UOP though.

Has anyone tried contacting CNCP admissions? If so how do you get in touch with them? I have tried multiple times contacting the admissions via telephone but never been successful and also emailed them 2x but have not received anything from them!! :(

If you have any idea or contact info that you can share I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you guys

Has anyone tried contacting CNCP admissions? If so how do you get in touch with them? I have tried multiple times contacting the admissions via telephone but never been successful and also emailed them 2x but have not received anything from them!! :(

If you have any idea or contact info that you can share I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you guys

yeh they don't pick up their phone and I got some email from them saying their really behind right now so that's probably why they're not replying to your emails.

yeh they don't pick up their phone and I got some email from them saying their really behind right now so that's probably why they're not replying to your emails.

OH okay, thank you...hopefully very soon we'll hear something from them!!:xf::xf::xf:

Did anyone else receive an e-mail that looks like this after submitting their secondary? That delay is making me worried! I hope I hear from them soon :xf:

SECONDARY APPLICATION RECEIPT NOTIFICATION

Dear Fall 2012 Applicant,
CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE COLLEGE OF PHARMACY HAS RECEIVED BOTH OF YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2012.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We have experienced a delay in populating your PharmCas portal with the portions of your application we have received. Thank you for your patience and be assured the delay will in no way interfere with the secondary review of your applications.

Thank you for applying!

California Northstate College of Pharmacy
Office of Admissions

^ yeh I submitted my supp ages ago and I also got the delay message when I emailed them asking my status. Geez... come on and just send out interviews Northstate!!! lol :xf:

i turned in my app on 7/19 and got an offer on 9/6

just got an offer today for Oct. 28 :)
man this is very close to my interview for Touro on Nov. 2....

what time is the interview?

Last edited:
just got an offer today for Oct. 28 :)
man this is very close to my interview for Touro on Nov. 2....

what time is the interview?

I got this email too. Lol Touro is also Nov 2 for me so I think I'm canceling..

I also received an interview invite for Oct 28th. We have to confirm our date to find out what time the interview is though :( I'm going to have to miss class... Anyone know if we can postpone after confirming?!

Are you guys who are declining the interview from out of state?

I also received an interview invite for Oct 28th. We have to confirm our date to find out what time the interview is though :( I'm going to have to miss class... Anyone know if we can postpone after confirming?!

same here i have to miss discussion which I have to attend for participation points and to take a quiz :( I guess I can miss it for my future career right? lol