BU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hello dr 37,

can u plz share ur stats? have u heard anything from BU?

Hi I love goldens
my stats - part 1 87
Toefl 89 (updating it)
ECE 3.55 BDS and 2.67 MDS
4 years experience as periodontist asst. prof in home country.
where do i stand a chance. applying in all possible schools available. targeting BU and UCSF. your comment.
also working on my SOP... bit difficult.. pls reply, do i stand a chance and what they see..

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
i got the acceptance email only.My stats are 87/99/3.78. Research experience, 8 months of observationship in USA, 3 YEARS OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IN INDIA, 1 publication in International journal of clinical pediatric dentistry.i know the stats are not great but think the school looks at your whole pacakage.

Hi! m new to sdn nd also applyin to dental schools fer d first time.......my stats are 88/113/4 nd i ve 4+ yrs work ex in India (8 months ina dental coll nd 3yrs ina private clinic bth in India)......can u please guide regarding the applications ....
what chances do i have.......m starting frm a scratch

Thanks

after a long long wait... got acceptance at boston for class of 2012. thank u sdn,possible,clwz,step222,krishna99 for all ur support and guidance...:):):):):)

after a long long wait... got acceptance at boston for class of 2012. thank u sdn,possible,clwz,step222,krishna99 for all ur support and guidance...:):):):):)

you did it,congratulations,hope to see you as your junior next year,
maiya

you did it,congratulations,hope to see you as your junior next year,
maiya

I am sure you will make it into many schools for the next year. It is just a matter of time. Every body who has ever got a chance to play had to spend time in the dressing room waiting for his turn. I am positive your time to play will soon come. Get ready to blast when your turn comes.

CONGRATS for your acceptance!
When do they start this year's class?

Can anybody tell me what was the minimum or average Part-1 score for BU last year?
As I have heard they give more weight on high part-1.
Like Nyu prefers high GPA.
Help is needed.Thanks

Can anybody tell me what was the minimum or average Part-1 score for BU last year?
As I have heard they give more weight on high part-1.
Like Nyu prefers high GPA.
Help is needed.Thanks

It is a very tough question to answer. It is true that most people with get in have high scores and a high part 1 score does not guarantee that you would be in. There are few people however in every batch with around 87 in part1 who make it into Bu with their resume. I mean like a masters related to dentistry or a solid research experience. But one thing is for sure it is really the early birds make it easily. If you are early in the application cycle you always improve your chances. Apply early, good luck

It is a very tough question to answer. It is true that most people with get in have high scores and a high part 1 score does not guarantee that you would be in. There are few people however in every batch with around 87 in part1 who make it into Bu with their resume. I mean like a masters related to dentistry or a solid research experience. But one thing is for sure it is really the early birds make it easily. If you are early in the application cycle you always improve your chances. Apply early, good luck
Thanks possible.:)
If somebody can throw more light on this topic it would be a great help.

Hi all
I don have a great part I score because i was not sure o what the trend was like when I had taken the exam late last year. now i know but i cannot improve t anymore!!! I have 83. but i have a GPA of 4 and 6 months work ex in home country. and toefl 118...I would like to know if I stand a chance...I have applied for BU for this year...and I also want to know how many students are taken per year? and if possible..what the interview is like...any suggestions are welcome ..please help

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sure you will make it into many schools for the next year. It is just a matter of time. Every body who has ever got a chance to play had to spend time in the dressing room waiting for his turn. I am positive your time to play will soon come. Get ready to blast when your turn comes.
dear fren
thanx a lot
for hope
maiya

i have applied to BU this year..i was rejected last year.have they started sending interview invitaions or acceptances already ?

I've got 86 in part 1. my ece gpa is 3.6. also i have phd degree in prosthodontics with ece gpa 3.8. toefl 104. i have 15 publications in Usa(8), Turkey(3), Azerbaijan(4) , 2 poster presentations in Bulgaria and 1 book in Azerbaijani about overdenture prosthesis. I have teaching experience in preclinic and clinic level for 4 years. what is my chances to get admission. I have really confused with Nbde score which i received.

@ STOM705, you are an applicant they cannot refuse admission to. Good luck.

I've got 86 in part 1. my ece gpa is 3.6. also i have phd degree in prosthodontics with ece gpa 3.8. toefl 104. i have 15 publications in Usa(8), Turkey(3), Azerbaijan(4) , 2 poster presentations in Bulgaria and 1 book in Azerbaijani about overdenture prosthesis. I have teaching experience in preclinic and clinic level for 4 years. what is my chances to get admission. I have really confused with Nbde score which i received.
''what is my chances to get admission. I have really confused ''
Chances are pretty good but how did you get 104 in TOEFL? I gave it 3 times but got 93 maximum!!

thank you for your respond.i have tried 5 times for toefl. but last time i was lucky reading(most difficult for me) and writing questions were medical related.

I haven't applied yet...giving my toefl on 21st aug......got my part 1 score (84).....bds and mds(oral surgery) from india...10 yrs of pvt practice..3years of teaching..and one acceptance from peer reviewed journal in india....my q is...can i ask them to submit my toefl score later and submit the rest now??? will they accept my application??

Hey guys, i got an interview call for BU today. Could anyone please tell what is it like, this is going to be my first interview ever.....my stats are 92/3.89/102...

Hey guys, i got an interview call for BU today. Could anyone please tell what is it like, this is going to be my first interview ever.....my stats are 92/3.89/102...

congrats and good luck ur stats are super good i think u will be in hopefully:).. go and look through the threads in the last year they are so good... may i ask when did u get application complete?? and what's the date of the interview?? because i applied and waiting to here from them ...

thanks booz...i did check the earlier posts. its just that m very nervous.. My appl complete email came in last week of may. then under review email on june 26th and today i.v. its on october 14th...thats the day they start the i.v for 2011....could u share ur stats....

thanks booz...i did check the earlier posts. its just that m very nervous.. My appl complete email came in last week of may. then under review email on june 26th and today i.v. its on october 14th...thats the day they start the i.v for 2011....could u share ur stats....

i applied in july application complete email mid july
my stats are part1 94 part2 85 toefl 97
the toefl is my problem i don't know how this will affect my application

Don't worry booz you have an impressive national board scores. Take it from me, you will definately get a call. If you read previous posts, students below 100 on toefl, have been called. Good luck!!!

Wow! They started inviting for interviews?

I had applied in June ,got completion mail in a few weeks,but after that haven't heard from them.They never send any e-mail whether my application is under review or not.Now I'm getting tensed:(.Do they send it to only people who they are planning to invite for interview ?

If anybody knows about this ,please give me a reply![I have sent an email to them,but no reply yet!]
Thank You....

Wow! They started inviting for interviews?

I had applied in June ,got completion mail in a few weeks,but after that haven't heard from them.They never send any e-mail whether my application is under review or not.Now I'm getting tensed:(.Do they send it to only people who they are planning to invite for interview ?

If anybody knows about this ,please give me a reply![I have sent an email to them,but no reply yet!]
Thank You....
Ya I think so. As I also got only application complete E-mail.No more E-mails after that..

BU is very easy to get into. The interview process is pretty casual. The questions are personal and no clinical questions are asked. Do not get tensed or worry too much. The questions are like:

1. What school did you graduate from?
2. How many crowns/FPD/ root canals have you done?
3. Why BU?
4. What are your plans in the future....etc., etc.

You don't have to prepare for those questions. Just be sure to read your SOP well and also read a little about the school.

I am sure a lot of you will get into BU. It is a good school and the faculty is really nice. I am lucky to be here!!

ACDS Grad
BU DMD'12

even i got a call for 14th...and thanks acdsgrad for sharing ur experience. Can u tell if it is one on one or we face a panel of interviewers???

is there any applicant with toefl 91 get acceptance last year, is there any chance or i forget it

thanks

Ya I think so. As I also got only application complete E-mail.No more E-mails after that..
I got an email asking me to make the payment, but I didnt get any email regarding application completion. Was it the email you got is the same one asking you to do the payment?

Thanks

even i got a call for 14th...and thanks acdsgrad for sharing ur experience. Can u tell if it is one on one or we face a panel of interviewers???

hi dental genius ,

congrats ,cld u plz share u r stats n when did u apply ?

thanks

Hi dental genius
congratulations for getting interview call from bu. Wish you gudluck with it. do you mind telling if you got any 'application under review' email from bu after application complete email? thank you very much.

I got an email asking me to make the payment, but I didnt get any email regarding application completion. Was it the email you got is the same one asking you to do the payment?

Thanks
They first sent me an E-mail with the link to pay the fees then after 8days I got an E-mail stating that they have received my application fees and my application is complete.

Hello everyone..

Even I got an interview call for Oct 14..

yup, i did get an application review email after appl complete email. It said ur application is being now evaluated by the admissions commitee. i had applied in Early May.

congrats waiting since....

wantd 2 knw..wen did u appear 4 the nbde..??

Anybody else got invitations? I think so far they called a batch for Oct.14.
Waiting for one hopefully soon..........!

Hey everyone.. I received an email from bu too inviting me for an interview on October 14th. Anyways it says in the email that I should send an email back within 7 days to confirm it, and when I send the email I get an automated out of the office email until 26th! Do I need it to confirm it in a different way?

yup, i did get an application review email after appl complete email. It said ur application is being now evaluated by the admissions commitee. i had applied in Early May.

thank you very much dental genius for the info. wish you a very gudluck with the interview.

thanks dental genius ,so have u taken part 2 as well?
anyways good luck with interview.

@ hammoudeh71
Dont worry if u snt the confirmation email, mr. tobias kahan will get bck to u after 26th as he is out of office. luckily i responded to him immediately after i got his email, so i got his confirmation back. His confirmatin email just gives a link for near by hotels etc and that u hve to submit official nbde and toefl result before the interview. So u need not worry. u did ur job....

@shibab

i am a fresh graduate and jst gve part1 this year. i am yet to take part 2....

Thanks alot buddy... thats a relief! will c u there then

Hey everyone.. I received an email from bu too inviting me for an interview on October 14th. Anyways it says in the email that I should send an email back within 7 days to confirm it, and when I send the email I get an automated out of the office email until 26th! Do I need it to confirm it in a different way?
can u plz tell me when u got application under review email from bu:thumbup:

@ hammoudeh71
Dont worry if u snt the confirmation email, mr. tobias kahan will get bck to u after 26th as he is out of office. luckily i responded to him immediately after i got his email, so i got his confirmation back. His confirmatin email just gives a link for near by hotels etc and that u hve to submit official nbde and toefl result before the interview. So u need not worry. u did ur job....

@shibab

i am a fresh graduate and jst gve part1 this year. i am yet to take part 2....

thanks dental genius n good luck once again for interview.

Hello Everyone ...I got a call for 21st Oct... is anyone in for that batch ?

Hello Everyone ...I got a call for 21st Oct... is anyone in for that batch ?

Congratulations dentoment.........can you share your stats?? All the best for your interview......

Thanks.mvyr... my stats are 90/3.79/110

congratulations dentoment!! wish you a very gudluck with the interview.
do you mind telling when did u get application complete email and application under review email from BU?
thank you.

Guys do you have any idea how many applicants does BU invite for interviews? I mean whats the ratio of interview/acceptance? and on what basis do they offer acceptance in each batch?