BU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey any recent acceptances at boston ??? anybody from 25thfeb or 4th march batches??

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everybody!
did anyone else get an interview letter?Well! i called the administrator today and he told me that all the interviews are over and that they are done with.Ok.They had the maximum number of applicants this year and the competition has been remarkable.Shortly we will be sending out emails if someone decides to drop or otherwise.So look out for that.Alright, i am feeling happy and relieved.The waiting has been dreadful.I can finally put an end to the craziness of getting up early in the morning and checking my mail like 8 to 10 times in one hour.Hehe! Who knows may be there's something better waiting in store for me and for all others who have been waiting.Its so funny the way i chose this day to hear this great news that i can expect a rejection letter coming my way.Is that what you call it?'Coz its my birthday.Ha! Happy birthday present to me.I dont know whether i am feeling happy or sad.I am gonna eat a whole ritter sport candy bar that i 've been resisting for the last two days.This time i am gonna be an evil mother.I am not gonna share it with my daughters.I 've to let them play outside in our backyard for a long time unsupervised.Oh! what if they become suspicious?Man! the ways you have to be careful! Let me get t work...Yum...yum...

when did you call them

Hello everybody!
did anyone else get an interview letter?Well! i called the administrator today and he told me that all the interviews are over and that they are done with.Ok.They had the maximum number of applicants this year and the competition has been remarkable.Shortly we will be sending out emails if someone decides to drop or otherwise.So look out for that.Alright, i am feeling happy and relieved.The waiting has been dreadful.I can finally put an end to the craziness of getting up early in the morning and checking my mail like 8 to 10 times in one hour.Hehe! Who knows may be there's something better waiting in store for me and for all others who have been waiting.Its so funny the way i chose this day to hear this great news that i can expect a rejection letter coming my way.Is that what you call it?'Coz its my birthday.Ha! Happy birthday present to me.I dont know whether i am feeling happy or sad.I am gonna eat a whole ritter sport candy bar that i 've been resisting for the last two days.This time i am gonna be an evil mother.I am not gonna share it with my daughters.I 've to let them play outside in our backyard for a long time unsupervised.Oh! what if they become suspicious?Man! the ways you have to be careful! Let me get t work...Yum...yum...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey twinklestar123,
were u interviewed at BU?

Hey Twinklestar,

Thank you for the information. Well dont know what to say. You dont know what are you feeling..happy or sad..but I am feeling very very sad. And very bad and very mad.I dont know why but ...this was my only hope for this year. After getting 91/114/3.78 I was quite sure I will get somewhere...all that excitement, that motivation, that eagerness before the test and after getting my result has vanished now...will have to wait for one more year now..and even then I am not sure if I will get somewhere or no...beause this all depends on luck..and I am not very lucky..that I know...But I am very disappointed and very depressed now. Why did I even tried so hard and studied so hard for my tests...No one even called me for an interview.

Dont know what to do now.

Hi! bddsgirl,
i am so sorry.I did not post that to let you or anyone else lose hope.Who knows maybe its just my case that the administrator was talking about.Infact my scores are not that great.I have just 86%.Besides as he said i was a late applicant and that they have rolling admissions.So early applicants have better chances.Please dont be hard on yourself.Lot of people might drop and that will give you a chance and your scores are awesome.You know...hard work always pays off..thou' it might not show for the moment.And it has very little to do with luck.You are a nice person,hard working and you've helped lots of us here on SDN ,guiding us and taking a lot of your time and patience.God will help those who help others.Once again as i said...may be its just my case.You still have hope.Call up tommorow and talk to him.May God be with you.Please cheer up.

Hey Twinklestar,

Thank you for the information. Well dont know what to say. You dont know what are you feeling..happy or sad..but I am feeling very very sad. And very bad and very mad.I dont know why but ...this was my only hope for this year. After getting 91/114/3.78 I was quite sure I will get somewhere...all that excitement, that motivation, that eagerness before the test and after getting my result has vanished now...will have to wait for one more year now..and even then I am not sure if I will get somewhere or no...beause this all depends on luck..and I am not very lucky..that I know...But I am very disappointed and very depressed now. Why did I even tried so hard and studied so hard for my tests...No one even called me for an interview.

Hey Twinklestar,

Please do not feel so dejected.God has plans for you..and you will get in definitely.You have good scores,so atleast you need not worry about that.You did your work,now let God do his.btw..I didnt get into any school:rolleyes:,but hard work is ALWAYS rewarded.:)

Hi

I applied in September but still haven't heard from BU. My stats are 90/102/3.2, 6 months observorship and 10 months work experience in home country.

yep

called them , but it directly went to voice mail, mailed them previously, they replied that my application completed review in septembegr itself, but still a decision has not been made on my application. and no call from them since then:(

Did you try calling them?

Hi,

Is anybody aware if the interviews at boston is still going on...???????[:confused:]
They are not responding at all:(

Hi,

Is anybody aware if the interviews at boston is still going on...???????[:confused:]
They are not responding at all:(

i think they r already done with ivs,its only tha if sm1 leaves seat u can hv a chance:):)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys and girls.
I will tell you a short story.
I have been interviewed in some places, and because of my academic performance 86/100/3.3, I thought I won't be accepted anywhere. I was so upset when I was rejected from UIC, UC Denver, UOP, USC (waitlisted) NYU, BU, Minnesota, and Marquette. that was last year. I decided to apply again this year. and guess what ? I got accepted in more than one school. and I had the luxury to choose. and life is ironic, I started rejecting some acceptances from schools that rejected me last year, lol. I felt great. and I remembered one thing.
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. now I got accepted in a school in the same city that I live in. where my wife and I work, where I know the city,where my parents live, where I have tons of friends and relatives. and on top of all where I love to go to school to.
Don't lose hope. if you don't get accepted this year, to heck with it. there is always a next year. work on your application. get a better recommendations, better sop, work xp and show the schools that you are Determined.
Thank you if you read it.

Hi guys and girls.
I have been interviewed in some places, and because of my academic performance 86/100/3.3, I thought I won't be accepted anywhere. I was so upset when I was rejected from UIC, UC Denver, UOP, USC (waitlisted) NYU, BU, Minnesota, and Marquette. that was last year. I decided to apply again this year. and guess what ? I got accepted in more than one school. and I had the luxury to choose. and life is ironic, I started rejecting some acceptances from schools that rejected me last year, lol. I felt great. and I remembered one thing.
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. now I got accepted in a school in the same city that I live in. where my wife and I work, where I know the city,where my parents live, where I have tons of friends and relatives. and on top of all where I love to go to school to.
Don't lose hope. if you don't get accepted this year, to heck with it. there is always a next year. work on your application. get a better recommendations, better sop, work xp and show the schools that you are Determined.

This is really awesum to read:)

same here hoping something like this next year

Hey GIpsyking,

Thank you very much for this. This really makes us feel better.

Hello gipsyking,
i love stories,be it short or long.Esp. if they are inspiring and motivational.Your story is a great one with much humility and modesty.Love it.Thanks for thinking about all of us here and for posting your success.All the best to your future.Some day the rest of us will also be able to share short and sweet stories like yours.

Hi guys and girls.

Is BU done with accepting students?? Have they selected all 75 candidates??

Any news from them?

Hi, BU is done with the interviews. I asked them over the phone and they said they have started sending rejection letters already and after a few days, I got one:((

hi Gipsyking,thanks for your story of encouragement!
Would you please tell me what is the main difference between your first year and the second year application ? What makes you get accepted in several schools which has rejected you last year?

I got rejected from bu this year. would you please suggest me that what shall I do to enhance my background and increace the chance to get accepted next year?

Hi guys and girls.

@ stickto..when were you interviewed? or you got a rejection without interview?

Hi,
3 Points higher in NBDE P1
More Xp as a dental assistant.
Changed my sop a little bit to a "more determined" one.
and I simpley came back to them as a better applicant.
I showed them determination, heart and displine.
Thank you.

hi Gipsyking,thanks for your story of encouragement!
Would you please tell me what is the main difference between your first year and the second year application ? What makes you get accepted in several schools which has rejected you last year?

I got rejected from bu this year. would you please suggest me that what shall I do to enhance my background and increace the chance to get accepted next year?

thanks!

Hi,
3 Points higher in NBDE P1
More Xp as a dental assistant.
Changed my sop a little bit to a "more determined" one.
and I simpley came back to them as a better applicant.
I showed them determination, heart and displine.
Thank you.

I am so happy today that I got accepted into a dental program!! man! I so wanted to do this banana dance! lol

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations to everyone for getting accepted into BU. It's a great school. I am an Advanced Standing student at BU.

1 bedroom appartment is available for sublease from month of june.
It is 5 min walking distance from BU with the rent of $ 1400.( heat and hot water included).
In addition to this some of the household furniture will also be included free of cost.
Anyone interested PM me and I will be more than happy to provide u with further details.

Good luck guys :)

Is there anyone who was interviewed and hasn't heard from them yet?

i was interviewed on 3rd december n haven't heard anything till now

Is there anyone who was interviewed and hasn't heard from them yet?

There are lot of people who were interviewed and have not received any response yet

Hi everyone
After a long wait I am finally in BU
2 days back I got the call and letter that I am accepted into the program for 2012

@ appu09: yes i did
@shydent: Congrats! when were u interviewed?

Hey Congrs Shydent, I wanted to ask you a question, I just applied for BU I have NBDE 1 91, but my toefl is 92 is it true , that they only consider applicants with toefl degree 100 + ? coz I was thinking of applying now with my 92 and update it later incase i got over 100

Hey Congrs Shydent, I wanted to ask you a question, I just applied for BU I have NBDE 1 91, but my toefl is 92 is it true , that they only consider applicants with toefl degree 100 + ? coz I was thinking of applying now with my 92 and update it later incase i got over 100

I guess you are talking about the admissions for batch starting in 2011. It is a good idea to apply early and you can update them your new scores. Normally Bu starts interviews in October but the review of applications begins 2-3 months prior to it so you are an early bird. Make sure to also get some experience (research, observing etc) to make your application stronger. Good luck

Thanks possible for ur advice, well I have a 9 years experience in dental field, my real issue is i have a low BS gpa which is 2.4 and I have a master ortho which has a gpa of 3.28. i also have a one year experience of obesvership here in the united states, thanks again for ur support, hope they will consider my application

Ur resume is too good to be ignored and with such good scores. Ur gpa in bs will not be a negative factor as u have accomplised so much after that U will defnitely be in. AS we are talking about 2011 admissions i suggest you to give part2 which will make you a good candidate for most schools. I appreciate your desire to come back and learn inspite of wonderful accomplishments. Good luck to you. Apply early and I am sure U will make it into many programs. good luck

congrats to everyone who got accepted to bu.....i am graduating this year from bu and i have some furniture for sale......also if anyone wants to rent my appartment....its 5 minutes from school and the rent is 1100. my lease ends in may....good luck...

Hi, I am graduating this year from Bu dental school. My apartment is available to rent form June 1st, rent is 1600$ , Address – 26 wocester st Boston MA -02118, if anyone interested please contact me. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am graduating in 2 days and I want to get rid of my 5 month old queen size mattress for a real cheap price.
I still have the receipt to show you the details. It is so recent that it still has a plastic cover on it. Also, it comes with a free mattress protecting cover
Lemme know if you are interested.
You will have to pick it up as I do not have a car. My apt. is only 2 mins from the school

Thanks!

Last edited:
i emailed bu today informing them tht i wont b joining so theres one spot empty...so all the best to all who are waiting...

congrats jagsterdent!

you have great stats! where did you obtain your dental degree from?

Are they still accepting people? I thought their seats were already full.