BCPS Spring 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dumditi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to form a study group .. please message if interested. Need to start ASAP!
TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I also didn't pass: 493. I've been studying because I didn't think I did anyway. At least I was close.
Damn! So close. How do you think you did on stats? I always give the advice of try to be perfect on those if possible. I find them less tricky than the random clinical questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't see a way to apply for a retake. Do I have to go through the whole new certification process again?
It should be next to the score result underneath action?

Hang in there --- definitely don't give up. Like many have said before...just studying this material makes us better. The goal is to continue the education in our respective specialty areas...pass or fail. That's how we will continue to show that we are more than a "support" service

It should be next to the score result underneath action?

Hang in there --- definitely don't give up. Like many have said before...just studying this material makes us better. The goal is to continue the education in our respective specialty areas...pass or fail. That's how we will continue to show that we are more than a "support" service
Thanks. Mine only says score report or request comparative review/ hand score. I fortunately only am doing this for the pay bump, I have no employment hinging on it. Going to definitely study more this go around.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. Mine only says score report or request comparative review/ hand score. I fortunately only am doing this for the pay bump, I have no employment hinging on it. Going to definitely study more this go around.
Hmm ok. there should be a link that says apply for retake. It might update later.

I’m waiting for the bcps. My account no longer says exam pending I wonder if bcps is updating now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn! So close. How do you think you did on stats? I always give the advice of try to be perfect on those if possible. I find them less tricky than the random clinical questions.
I thought I did well. I have a master's in biostatistics but I did the little biostats book too. I think I really tried to learn the material too deep. A lot of the questions I had were surface questions where I was learning deeper dive stuff. One thing the HYMR guy says that I need to think about is that you're not studying this like a CE to get up to to date and to learn everything, but to pass a board exam with a very specific purpose.

I've never been a good studier, but I'm usually a good test taker (not with these).

Hmm ok. there should be a link that says apply for retake. It might update later.
I already paid for my retake. It was under the applications tab. I really want to get a new exam date ASAP so I can know how to structure my studying (I would prefer October).

I also didn't pass: 493. I've been studying because I didn't think I did anyway. At least I was close.

Didn’t pass peds either. Got 494. Pretty painful to know how close we were. Anyone have suggestions on study materials other than ACCP?

• Sad
what does it say if you didn't pass? does it say "fail" or do you have to go to your score report?

• Sad
I took the ID exam in May and passed with a 571. But always wonder how I could study differently if I failed. While breathing a sigh of relief today, to be honest, I don't think I could have studied differently if I had failed. This was mainly because they tested you on mostly on things that are based on rare cases , while they do pop up in practice, are really NOT emphasized clearly or at all in most guidelines. I agree that studying for the test was a process that got me more confident in areas that I was afraid of before (HIV, Hepatitis, etc), and expanded my knowedge for areas that I was already seeing daily, I didn't think taking it again immediately wasn't going to help me pass though if I failed, unless maybe if I was really really close like you. I was going to give it another year or 2 to get more experience before retrying. Plus i think they are changing the test up next time around, which may be better for the test taker. But again, that score was SOOO close, that I think maybe just seeing a different set of questions, might happen to be what could enough for you to have a different outcome. Good luck, this this test doesn't prove if you are a good for bad pharmacist, they are still working out the questions and how to actually tests someone's useful knowledge!

Reactions: 1 users
I took the ID exam in May and passed with a 571. But always wonder how I could study differently if I failed. While breathing a sigh of relief today, to be honest, I don't think I could have studied differently if I had failed. This was mainly because they tested you on mostly on things that are based on rare cases , while they do pop up in practice, are really NOT emphasized clearly or at all in most guidelines. I agree that studying for the test was a process that got me more confident in areas that I was afraid of before (HIV, Hepatitis, etc), and expanded my knowedge for areas that I was already seeing daily, I didn't think taking it again immediately wasn't going to help me pass though if I failed, unless maybe if I was really really close like you. I was going to give it another year or 2 to get more experience before retrying. Plus i think they are changing the test up next time around, which may be better for the test taker. But again, that score was SOOO close, that I think maybe just seeing a different set of questions, might happen to be what could enough for you to have a different outcome. Good luck, this this test doesn't prove if you are a good for bad pharmacist, they are still working out the questions and how to actually tests someone's useful knowledge!
First of all 571 is a solid score, not close at all. I consider close to be +/- 10 points. I had a coworker pass BCPS last year with a 504!!! She was our operations manager and a busy mom who barely had time to study. I think her raw intelligence pulled her through because she was so not ready. This most recent ID exam was also silly in the lack of "meat and potatoes" questions that one would expect. Very random off the wall stuff. I would not prepare differently other than be better prepared (if that makes sense). ID is tough to write questions for because there is so much controversy and nuance. So you have to do well on objective stuff like stats, resistance mechanisms, drug interactions. antibiotic stewardship, etc. Anyway, the real learning takes place before and after the test in terms of what helps us achieve better patient outcomes. The ultimate point of this.

As someone who doesn't have a residency or practice in critical care (nightshift staff), what suggestions does anyone have on passing the BCCCP? I studied using High Yield Med reviews and although it made me more comfortable with the material than using ACCP the last time I took the exam, I did worse this time around. What combinations of resources and study strategies seem to work best for BCCCP? My test seemed so random and harder than the last time I took it in the fall.

I passed my BCIDP!
Celebration GIF by Booksmart

Reactions: 3 users
It is frustrating to see others passing and I am still in the waiting room 😞

• Care
As someone who doesn't have a residency or practice in critical care (nightshift staff), what suggestions does anyone have on passing the BCCCP? I studied using High Yield Med reviews and although it made me more comfortable with the material than using ACCP the last time I took the exam, I did worse this time around. What combinations of resources and study strategies seem to work best for BCCCP? My test seemed so random and harder than the last time I took it in the fall.
Hello! I did pass the BCCCP exam this spring! I used the ACCP material and ASHP critical care preparatory course. I also did the ACCP biostats online course.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought BCCCP was extremely easy comparatively to BCPS. It was meat and potatoes. Why are you taking that exam if you work nightshift and you don't work critical care? This is not my slamming, as this board gets very defensive of, but more so me simply pointing out that if you don't practice in that area then perhaps you should not be taking that exam?

I used ACCP study material and I believe that the review material was much much more comprehensive then the exam itself.