BCPS Spring 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCPSHopeful

Reaction score
Didn't find a thread for Spring 2022 so figured I'd make one.

I took the exam in Fall 2021 but unfortunately failed. Was not too far off though.

In any case, I am retaking it this Spring and hope I pass. Anyone else taking it? What/how are you studying?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the number is a little delayed from when they actually post the result on your account
Yesterday the BCACP numbers were slowly climbing as results were loading. I saw the numbers start to change around 10:30est yesterday so hopefully they’ll start soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my result when I logged into my bps! passed thankfully :) this thread has been so helpful and I'm glad we've been able to go through this together!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got my result when I logged into my bps! passed thankfully :) this thread has been so helpful and I'm glad we've been able to go through this together!!!!

Did you take your exam early in testing window? Just curious if they are releasing by that or alphabetically or if it’s just random…

Did you take your exam early in testing window? Just curious if they are releasing by that or alphabetically or if it’s just random…
I actually took my exam late in the testing window. My last name is in the back of the alphabet too, so im thinking it's purely random

Failed. Sosad. Only 2 months until next retake now. Im not sure if im going to risk it again as the study time is even less than the first attempt. Any thought or sharing?

Well aware of the days they are posting…but just curious if you take your BCPS exam very late in the test cycle if you get your results on Friday this week instead of Thursday morning on day 1.
I passed!!! Found out at 10am on the first release day of BCPS...so there goes that theory.

Reactions: 2 users
Failed. Sosad. Only 2 months until next retake now. Im not sure if im going to risk it again as the study time is even less than the first attempt. Any thought or sharing?
I would retake it just for the heck of it...it's only $300. Then, in your mind, set your sights for Spring 2023 as the one you know you'll pass. Not much to lose expect for the $300

Reactions: 1 users
I finally passed BCPS!! Third time was the charm! For the record, I took it Fall 2020 and got a 491, Spring 2021 and missed it by 2 points with a 498 and finally passed this round with a 517!

I really didn't wanna take it a 3rd time but it was almost a vendetta and spiteful move to take it again after missing it by just 2 points. So for anyone who fails, you CAN do it.

And I wanted to warn anyone who fails.. DO NOT REQUEST THE COMPARATIVE REVIEW. I got it last time since I got a 498 since I was so close and I paid $50 and all they did was send me an email saying essentially that they went over that test and it's a true score. It was a total waste of money since a computer grades it the first time.. Please save yourself the money and just sign up again.

Reactions: 4 users
PASSED!! Thank GOD!! All the anxiety and waiting and studying... Quick question: I can't find myself listed as bcps on the "find a pharmacist" directory. They haven't updated it yet? I need this for my place of employment

Reactions: 2 users
I finally passed BCPS!! Third time was the charm! For the record, I took it Fall 2020 and got a 491, Spring 2021 and missed it by 2 points with a 498 and finally passed this round with a 517!

I really didn't wanna take it a 3rd time but it was almost a vendetta and spiteful move to take it again after missing it by just 2 points. So for anyone who fails, you CAN do it.

And I wanted to warn anyone who fails.. DO NOT REQUEST THE COMPARATIVE REVIEW. I got it last time since I got a 498 since I was so close and I paid $50 and all they did was send me an email saying essentially that they went over that test and it's a true score. It was a total waste of money since a computer grades it the first time.. Please save yourself the money and just sign up again.
Did you study a lot for your second and third time? Congratulations by the way! I guess i would give up if i fail the second time…..

Reactions: 1 users
Did you study a lot for your second and third time? Congratulations by the way! I guess i would give up if i fail the second time…..
For my first and second time I only used the ACCP study materials (mainly the handouts, but not many of the videos.. Didn't find the videos too helpful to be honest as it seemed like the presenters were just reading off of notes the whole time). The ACCP stuff is probably sufficient enough for most test takers but I'm a very so-so test taker so it likely wasn't enough for me.

The third time around I splurged on the HYMR videos and probably only had enough time to watch like maybe 25% of the clinical videos (I focused on large topics like Cards, ID, as well as topics I wasn't familiar with) and watched all the stats and regs videos. The doctor who does all the HYMR videos appeared on the screen for each video and was very engaging and seemed to really like teaching so it was easier for me to pay attention and focus on key points. Some of their material seemed a little outdated (couldn't find the year the videos were made), but it was overall helpful for the test. What I found with HYMR that really helped me was the Q-bank. It definitely saved me on a couple questions on the test because they give very thorough explanations for each questions and which are the right and wrong answers for xyz reasons. Overall, I think that's mainly why I passed with all the practice questions.

Also for the first 2 exams, I probably got like 90% of the stats right whereas for the 3rd time, between ACCP, HYMR and tl;dr Pharmacy I made sure to get all the stats questions. I also generally felt like my policy/regs questions were a lot easier and more straightforward. If anyone has any questions on how to improve for a 2nd or 3rd try like I did, feel free to reach out!

Reactions: 3 users
PASSED!! Thank GOD!! All the anxiety and waiting and studying... Quick question: I can't find myself listed as bcps on the "find a pharmacist" directory. They haven't updated it yet? I need this for my place of employment
i need this too!! maybe it's delayed? has anyone who passed today found themselves on "find a pharmacist" directory?

Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who passed 👏
I'd like to get your honest opinion about bcps. I am a foreign grad and a retail pharmacist. I decided to study for this test bc I wanted to get out of retail badly. Got 476 :( even though I studied pretty hard. Now I am trying to figure out if I should study again or not. Aside from studying how much did residency help you pass?
Thanks in advance for your insights!

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who passed 👏
I'd like to get your honest opinion about bcps. I am a foreign grad and a retail pharmacist. I decided to study for this test bc I wanted to get out of retail badly. Got 476 :( even though I studied pretty hard. Now I am trying to figure out if I should study again or not. Aside from studying how much did residency help you pass?
Thanks in advance for your insights!
Well- it’s more, what parts do you think you need to study more? Which

Well- it’s more, what parts do you think you need to study more? Which
Oops- somehow hit send early

Which parts did you get wrong?

Was it stats?
Other things?

100% a residency helps - because you’re immersed in it and looking at guidelines all the time

But more is where do you work? What work do you do? Are you constantly looking things up or just verifying stuff? Making sure you’re up to date on guidelines

A lot is sorting out what is done in practice vs what is in the guidelines

Was it stats?
Other things?

100% a residency helps - because you’re immersed in it and looking at guidelines all the time

But more is where do you work? What work do you do? Are you constantly looking things up or just verifying stuff? Making sure you’re up to date on guidelines

In the test, did you usually choose what it is the best to do in practice or you picked answer according to guideline? Just wondering since sometimes can be a different answer too

In the test, did you usually choose what it is the best to do in practice or you picked answer according to guideline? Just wondering since sometimes can be a different answer too
100% by the guidelines

They will throw in there things that maybe is what people do in practice, but that will be wrong

Always always what the guidelines are

Was it stats?
Other things?

I just type and verify at work, you can't really argue guidelines with doctors. ACCP mock exam helped me figure out the importance of guidelines. What I don't like is that I didn't really struggle during the exam, and thought I wasn't doing too bad, so it's hard for me to figure out which areas I have to work on. If I don't have proper training should I even take it again?
On the report my performance level on all 3 domains is considerably low!!

Hi there, i would like to ask what kind of stat questions did you get?
I performed poorly in stat area but i managed to answer all ACCP bio stat book and ACCP BCPS book questions during study.
I was actually pretty shocked during exam as I only get 2-3 calculations questions, and all remaining were asking conceptual kind of questions and they are not very straight forward.
I would like to hear from you guys so I can figure out if its just me being unlucky to have those questions or im actually a dumb…

Hi there, i would like to ask what kind of stat questions did you get?
I performed poorly in stat area but i managed to answer all ACCP bio stat book and ACCP BCPS book questions during study.
I was actually pretty shocked during exam as I only get 2-3 calculations questions, and all remaining were asking conceptual kind of questions and they are not very straight forward.
I would like to hear from you guys so I can figure out if its just me being unlucky to have those questions or im actually a dumb…
Vague and conceptual questions are definitely the MO of these exams - uou have to be able to read into it and figure out what they are getting at

I am mostly a lurker (partly because i never remember my passwords for things, lol) Just wanna say thanks everyone for the Q&A regarding this exam. Found it very helpful!!
If wondering, I had ACCP materials, meded 101 practice exam, and HYMR (bought this on black friday - great discount). Agree with whateveryone saying about each and omfg does HYMR need an editor. The content was generally good but wow riddled with typos.