Bad Institutional Action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I was involved in my 'bad incident' (doesnt everyone have them) during med school before IA's even existed. lucky or unlucky me..
I left The USA twice. I hope you are happy. It says a lot to 'transcend' one's culture. A lot of issues stateside are culture bound issues. You think Europe has less of these or more?
Its justt a catchphrase that some of the senior members on here like to throw around. Basically 5 years is just the arbitrary amount of time that they say it takes for adcoms to see IA'S as a past version of yourself if you do a lot of good stuff. Theres some truth to it as a reality, but I think its a bs approach to IA's. Hence my decision to just go to a prestigious European school instead

Members don't see this ad.

I want to let everyone know that I have been accepted to an MD program with mid range stats, although I did apply as both URM and disadvantaged so this may have helped. Hope this thread helps someone someday.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How exactly do you get caught stealing from the dining hall? Mine’s all you can eat per meal swipe.

I have a lunatic sister. She is delusional. She thinks the banking industry collapse is because of her because her last name has 'bank' in it. I am the child of 2 Narcissists unfortunately (basically cluster A and B stuff in my immediate family). One parent made it through law school. MY mother decided she doesn't want me to talk about 'medicine' around her; she long ago decided I couldn't be a better mother than she is; certainly not a doctor. No one has ever called the police on me. except recently. My mother decided that she wanted to move and did not want me to know where she lived. so...off she goes to the nursing home because she thinks 'the child she invested in (my parents are 'invested in me') as I am supposed to buy them the house they couldn't get etc. Before going to the nursing home, my mother and sister lived together; Mom invited me but didn't tell my sister. can you say psychopathology?
I said 'hi to my sister' and she goes into a room full of people (aunt father etc) and says 'for the record I am going to call the police on shelly..'
well of course I left, I called the police. They told me to file an order of protective custody against her. I did. Narcissistic father intervened and prohibited the police from sending her to get mentally evaluated. Instead she files a restraining order against me; writing that I am threatening her life and that i want to ruin my family's lives. and that I threatened her life if she called the cops on me. There is no evidence whatsoever; it is all 'in her head'. worst case of schiozaffective disorder with 'strategic conquering and domination' subconscious issues. I sought advice from the DA, went to court and fortunately let her, my father, mother expose themselves with the personality disorders they have. and nothing went on my record. But now, the DA has told me 'to stay away from them'. People in the community (alanon meetings and COdependents anonymous meetings) have called my family 'pit vipers in a snake pit'. I am SO hurt. AMbulance workers and people I know in the health field have said 'how could your family do this to you?. I am beating myself up because I am so naive and just so GOOD that I ingored a lot of this in childhood; even though I would sit in a corner and sob with conflict going on all around me.

I did all my clinical rotations up and down the East coast, away from family. Away from immediate family I have always functioned well. Then after Katrina, I made the decision to move back around them. It has been a hard seven years; discovering they 'pool resources and decision making' without me. The msot recent example is that mom, dad, bro are pooling resources for my sister to go live with a friend in CA indefinitely. NO job, no ???

I paid my sisters rent after she went bankrupt whilst i was in medical school. My entire family lived off my student loans. I let them.

I am going to ALANON and codependents anonymous. BUT if you have other suggestions for me 'to stay out of trouble' that would be great. Thanks.

No one in my family will go to counseling. I am the only who goes. I am single because of all of this; sensitive, shy, trying to match...
Sorry I don't know you or your story. Just skimming past your posts you seem to blame others a lot. Hope you can do some introspection and fix up.

Reactions: 1 user
Stealing b/c you're hungry is not the same thing as stealing, say, a laptop. This is putting OP at a disadvantage for circumstance outside their control. I almost think you're being sarcastic.

What about stealing from the dining hall because the campus lunch trays are smooth on the bottom glazed in such a way that they made amazing sleds? Because a large number of us (myself included) would have been in deep trouble if caught doing one of the campus traditions.

/yes, I know I'm responding to an old post

Reactions: 1 users
So I was supposed to report the 50 dollar fine I had for my roomate leaving his alarm clock plugged in over thanksgiving break?! Supprised they let a degenerent like me in.

Reactions: 1 users
Did your IA come up in interviews?

only in one interview, and it was because the interviewer attended my school way back when and hated the dining system there lol. this was not the school I was accepted at

Reactions: 2 users