AZCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In case any others are wondering-- I was pre-interview hold, got an invite this week. I'll be interviewing here tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

It's already there. Glendale Aquatic Center.

Can any current students comment on what the price is for students/spouses at the aquatic center? My wife wants us to join so she can have a place to swim laps.

Can any current students comment on what the price is for students/spouses at the aquatic center? My wife wants us to join so she can have a place to swim laps.

Directly copied and pasted from an email from this January:

"Are you interested in renewing your membership or becoming a new member of the Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center?
The discounted rate of $175 per person includes students, faculty/staff of MWU and their families."

If you'd like clarification or more info and nobody else here gives you more info, pm me and I'll send you the email address for the gal at school who's in charge of things like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many open spots there are left in this cycle?

Cancelled my interview for this Friday the 11th and withdrew my application. I was on pre-interview hold since September and hadn't received an interview until about three weeks ago, so for anyone still hoping for an interview invite good luck and keep the faith.

University College Dublin, class of 2016 :luck:

I doubt anyone could really tell you at this point. I know there was still an interview group today on campus and I know that one of my classmates interviewed on the very last interview day last year and got in (not waitlisted first). I'd assume that there are spots left if you get an interview. Just because you are interviewing late doesn't mean you won't get in.

I doubt anyone could really tell you at this point. I know there was still an interview group today on campus and I know that one of my classmates interviewed on the very last interview day last year and got in (not waitlisted first). I'd assume that there are spots left if you get an interview. Just because you are interviewing late doesn't mean you won't get in.

Thanks DbDan, I interviewed on Friday. I know that they are interviewing for 4 days this week also.

Directly copied from an email just sent out today:

Applications for the Class of 2016 have totaled about 3700. 235 have accepted with another 10 who have accepted but have not deposited yet. There are 80 scheduled interviews for the rest of this application cycle. There are 25 seats left (there are 270 total seats due to inevitable changes of plans for some students who accept offer but don't attend, so number will turn out to be around 250 matriculating students). If number of students drops below 250, the wait list will be used).

Directly copied from an email just sent out today:

Applications for the Class of 2016 have totaled about 3700. 235 have accepted with another 10 who have accepted but have not deposited yet. There are 80 scheduled interviews for the rest of this application cycle. There are 25 seats left (there are 270 total seats due to inevitable changes of plans for some students who accept offer but don't attend, so number will turn out to be around 250 matriculating students). If number of students drops below 250, the wait list will be used).

Thanks for the great info!

Does anybody have pictures of the non luxury 2 bedroom on campus apartments?

So I interviewed in April and know I'm on the alternate list because I emailed admissions and asked a few weeks ago. However, I haven't received a letter in the mail yet. Is that weird? Did other April waitlisters get anything in the mail?

So I interviewed in April and know I'm on the alternate list because I emailed admissions and asked a few weeks ago. However, I haven't received a letter in the mail yet. Is that weird? Did other April waitlisters get anything in the mail?

I know that when I interviewed in February, it took until mid-March to get the actual acceptance letter. Depending on where in the country you live, it may ve taking a long time. I hope the list moves for you, Meows.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that when I interviewed in February, it took until mid-March to get the actual acceptance letter. Depending on where in the country you live, it may ve taking a long time. I hope the list moves for you, Meows.

Thanks for the response, guess I won't flip out quite yet then hahaha. And thank you, I would love for that thing to move soon :oops:

What is the day to day attire for students on campus? Is it like undergrad where you can wear basically anything to class and around campus? Or as a professional student, are you expected to wear a collar shirt, pants, and nice shoes around?

I'm trying to remember what the students on campus were wearing on the day of the interview, but I can't really remember. I recall everyone looked pretty proper though, nothing too casual. Basically, my question is, as a med student what is the expected attire that we are supposed to wear everyday to class and around campus?

Last edited:
What is the day to day attire for students on campus? Is it like undergrad where you can wear basically anything to class and around campus? Or as a professional student, are you expected to wear a collar shirt, pants, and nice shoes around?

I'm trying to remember what other students were wearing on the day of the interview, but I can't really remember. I recall everyone looked pretty proper though, nothing too casual. Basically, my question is, as a med student what is the expected attire that we are supposed to wear everyday to class and around campus?

Well, interviews will always be full business attire of course. Anyone wearing a polo or any equivalent to an interview is finished.

Wear whatever you want on a day to day basis. There is no dress code except for the obvious days where business attire is expected and explicit, like for OSCEs. If it were required on a daily basis, they would definitely tell you first, like at LECOM-E.

Basically, my question is, as a med student what is the expected attire that we are supposed to wear everyday to class and around campus?

So long as your unmentionables are reasonably covered and whatever you're wearing can't legitimately be deemed a distraction, you're good to go barring the situations to which Flushot has alluded.

I'm trying to remember what the students on campus were wearing on the day of the interview, but I can't really remember. I recall everyone looked pretty proper though, nothing too casual. Basically, my question is, as a med student what is the expected attire that we are supposed to wear everyday to class and around campus?

Suns out guns out and sleeveless wednesdays strongly encouraged. :laugh:

In short, the first day of clinical med the doc told us "you are medical STUDENTS, dress like students, act like students. Be professional when it is important but don't forget you have the rest of your life to act like doctors" Basically, don't be foolish, but don't wear a shirt and tie to class. I wear shorts and a tank or t-shirt with rainbow sandals daily.

Also, Randomusername, I didn't realize until last week you lived in my building (I think)

Mine just came today. The letter writer did note the delay, so I'm sure yours is also coming soon.

I actually forgot that I hadn't received the alternate letter yet, so I was really excited when opening it, such a disappointment, lol.

I am indeed. You, Flu, and I are all in the same building I believe.

Seriously? Why haven't we met up yet? :laugh:

Honestly though, it would be great to grab lunch or even just meet up to talk about the coming years. Whenever you guys are done with whatever, let me know. I'll be around all summer.

Seriously? Why haven't we met up yet? :laugh:

Honestly though, it would be great to grab lunch or even just meet up to talk about the coming years. Whenever you guys are done with whatever, let me know. I'll be around all summer.

I'm always up for it. :cool:

I shoot a PM to you both after I'm done with this rotation. If you guys bring your laptops too, I can give you my 2nd and 3rd year stuff.

Anyone from this months interview pool received acceptance yet?

I am withdrawing from AZCOM to go to DMU, I hope this makes someones day!

Anyone have a link to the class of 2011 match list? I've looked all over the place and can't find it.

Is there free wi-fi easily accessible anywhere in campus 24hrs a day? Will it be available during classes, etc.?

Is there free wi-fi easily accessible anywhere in campus 24hrs a day? Will it be available during classes, etc.?

There's free wi-fi near/within most buildings (and yes, it's active in the auditorium during lectures). It doesn't always work that great, but it works.

Does anyone know the laptop situation at Midwestern? Does the school provide laptops? What are they? Do we have to buy them? If not would a Mac be okay to use? How much does the school charge us, etc... etc... etc...

Does anyone know the laptop situation at Midwestern? Does the school provide laptops? What are they? Do we have to buy them? If not would a Mac be okay to use? How much does the school charge us, etc... etc... etc...

The laptop is all on you. The school has no requirements and plenty of my classmates happily use Macs.

Random question, but for the on-campus apartments, does anyone know if there is a way to tell if you are on the first or second floor based on your apartment number? I would assume first floor is the the hundreds and second floor is in the two hundreds...

I am currently considering living at home while attending the school to save money. The drive would be 25-30 minutes away. Does anyone think this is good idea?

Anyone that interviewed this week or last get accepted yet?

Random question, but for the on-campus apartments, does anyone know if there is a way to tell if you are on the first or second floor based on your apartment number? I would assume first floor is the the hundreds and second floor is in the two hundreds...

You assume correctly.

I am currently considering living at home while attending the school to save money. The drive would be 25-30 minutes away. Does anyone think this is good idea?

Plenty of people in my class commute that far without much complaint and I probably would have done it if my family was from the area.

Anyone that interviewed this week or last get accepted yet?

Committee meets tomorrow to review May interviews. If your portal doesn't say you've been accepted by late afternoon tomorrow you're either on the alternate list or rejected. There are 20 seats remaining and 108 people on the alternate list.

I'll be checking the portal every 5 minutes tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Committee meets tomorrow to review May interviews. If your portal doesn't say you've been accepted by late afternoon tomorrow you're either on the alternate list or rejected. There are 20 seats remaining and 108 people on the alternate list.

I'll be checking the portal every 5 minutes tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Thanks a lot! May I ask where your info is from?

The laptop is all on you. The school has no requirements and plenty of my classmates happily use Macs.

Are there any programs that require windows? I have a 4 year old MacBook right now that runs fine but if I need to install parallels or a dual boot I am doomed. Please advise.

Are there any programs that require windows? I have a 4 year old MacBook right now that runs fine but if I need to install parallels or a dual boot I am doomed. Please advise.

As far as I know, the only program anybody has ever had any trouble with has been HistoTime, but people were able to download something that allowed them to run it on their Macs without running Windows.

Do they update the portal throughout the day or all at once once the committee finishes the meeting?

Do they update the portal throughout the day or all at once once the committee finishes the meeting?

Whether it's being updated throughout the day or if the system just kind of does its own thing (I vote the latter), the updates tend to start late-afternoon/early-evening and can continue on throughout the evening some days.