Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey all - first post... just heard from LBJ. has anyone heard from UVA yet? best of luck to all - look forward to meeting ya on the interview trail :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have heard from ucsf and stanford, was your application complete (ie. LOR's, Deans Letter, transcripts submitted, ect.) by the time they offer the interview. Either one would be my dream program and I have yet to hear from either. Thanks to anyone to responds.

Interview offers from UAB and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Friday. Good luck everyone, Nov 1st is comming soon!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ECU and Cedars-Sinai on Friday, as well!

:) good luck!

-kem

:D :D HECK YEEEEAAH!!! :D :D

Beth Israel Deaconess (Boston) today, after yet another anxiety-provoking stretch of several weeks. My letters were all finally submitted last week (except for Chair letter), so I think that was the catalyst.

Woooooooooo!!! Giddiness has made me completely juvenile, but I don't care anymore :laugh:

NYC Girl said:
:D :D HECK YEEEEAAH!!! :D :D

Beth Israel Deaconess (Boston) today, after yet another anxiety-provoking stretch of several weeks. My letters were all finally submitted last week (except for Chair letter), so I think that was the catalyst.

Woooooooooo!!! Giddiness has made me completely juvenile, but I don't care anymore :laugh:

I felt the same way last Friday! Giddiness is great! Good for you! :thumbup:

I've heard from 3 more programs: Riverside (Columbus, Oh), Western Penn (Pitt), Allegheny Penn (Pitt). I applied to 12 and have interviews at 6.

Congrats to everyone on all the interviews so far. :thumbup:

This thread has got to win the award for longest OB/Gyn-related discussion not having to do with men and coerced pelvic exams :laugh:

It's exciting to see how many people are applying to OB!! Sometimes as an OB/Gyn applicant I feel like a pariah, slinking around my school muttering, "You *can* tailor your work hours" and "Tort reform will change the rate of malpractice insurance increases in the future..." in the face of all the future radiologists and ophthalmologists... ;)

So here's to us, we *should* congratulate ourselves on little victories, i.e. getting interviews - good for us! :p

Cwolf-
did you take your USMLE? UNM only interviews people who have USMLE scores. I interviewed there last week and they told me that. Hope it helps with your feelings about it. :oops:

doprogressive said:
Cwolf-
did you take your USMLE? UNM only interviews people who have USMLE scores. I interviewed there last week and they told me that. Hope it helps with your feelings about it. :oops:

How did it go at UNM? I'm interviewing there this week and any insight would be great.

Got one interview invite from Aurora, WI, also another rejection from Texas tech Amarillo. That makes it 5 interviews & 3 rejections.
Do you know of people who have matched with 7 or 8 interviews only? I don't think I can afford 15 trips!
Wishing the very best of luck to all who are interviewing.. and hope the offers keep pouring in! :)

My wife submitted her application to a WHOPPING 40+ places (advice from her adviser - her school has four openings and 13 people interested, 3 of whom are AOA). He basically gave her the "what if" all programs have that large amount of interested people. Reading some of these posts now, it doesn't seem like this will be an issue nationwide. She submitted it the afternoon of Oct. 4th and had an email waiting for her the next day - rejection from Columbia, SC. This worried her for about an hour. Interviews have poured in steadily since. She has heard from 17 with 15 granting her interviews (Baylor/Dallas - the only other rejection as of right now). The programs I remember are a community program in Indy, Lexington, Knoxville, two in Omaha, Wichita, St. John's Mercy/STL, Medical College of Georgia/Augusta, Pensacola, UT/LBJ, Methodist Health/Dallas, Columbia, MO, Jackson, MS, and Kansas City, KS said that they would let everyone know next week. Now, she's wondering why she wasted so much money applying to so many. Just curious, has anyone heard from Truman in Kansas City, MO or Vanderbilt? I'm looking forward to traveling, but this is getting ridiculous.

It seems to me that some of the bigger universities are waiting till the dean's letter goes out. I only say this because, while I've heard from a couple of university programs, I have heard from more of the community-based or the community/university affiliated places.

For example: Heard from Baystate, Bridgeport and Danbury today.

Members don't see this ad :)
doprogressive said:
Cwolf-

i did not take my usmle. thanks for the feedback...that does make me feel better. so how did your interview go??? what'd you think of the program, the residents, etc?

i got an interview from U. of Arizona today. i'm very excited about this one. i have my first interview friday...Einstein in Phila. it's a good program. i rotated there as a student... for anesthesia...but i met some of the faculty/residents.

Medical College of GA yesterday, UC Irvine today! :)

Maybe we should start a new thread about interview experiences...
Good luck everyone!

:) kem

For those of you asking about Florida programs, I just received an invite from Jacksonville.

Hey blueline76,

I heard from UMKC(Truman in KC) the middle of last week.
When did your wife hear from the program in Knoxville?
Thanks

minime said:
Hey blueline76,

Thanks

She heard from Knoxville on October 12th. We have a trip to Knoxville and Lexington on the same trip (Nov. 29 and 30). Should be fun.

minime said:
Hey blueline76,

Thanks

Just curious, what were the dates that Truman offered (in case she gets an interview invite from there)?

The dates for UMKC are November 19, 2004, December 3, 2004, December 10, 2004, and January 28, 2005.

Offered interviews from Tesas-Southwestern, Baylor, Duke, Mayo. Wash U, UC Irvine, Michigan, U of Chiicago, and Hopkins. i am still waiting on about 15 more programs. has anyone out there heard from stanford yet? thanks.

i got offers from Washington hosp center and sinai baltimore in the past two weeks. my transcript just went in last friday, so hoping this'll speed up a bit more. got my step II in two days too! too much going on rite now. good luck to all those already on the interview trail!

I heard from Stanford before my application was complete, but still waiting to hear from UCSF, all my letters were in last Wednesday...so hopefully I'll have news soon!

jchernan said:
For those who have heard from ucsf and stanford, was your application complete (ie. LOR's, Deans Letter, transcripts submitted, ect.) by the time they offer the interview. Either one would be my dream program and I have yet to hear from either. Thanks to anyone to responds.

Finally heard from UF Jacksonville. Still waiting on Gainesville, UT Memphis, UAB and UNC.
The count so far.
Duke, U of Mississippi, South Alabama, Pensacola, Orlando, MCOG, Savannah, UT Chattanooga and UF JAX.
One rejection: Maine.

First interview friday at USA. Anyone else gonna be there from SDN?

I didn't end up applying to UCSF, but their website stated that they do not even begin reviewing applications until Dean's Letters are released November 1st. It seems like this is the case for the uber-top tier programs, i.e. Brigham.

http://obgyn-nw.ucsf.edu/page.cfm?id=71

updated list:

USC
East Carolina
Greenville, SC
George Washington
UT Houston (x2)
San Antonio
U. of Louisville
U.Kentucky
MCOG
Savannah
Texas A&M
U. Mississippi
UT Chattanooga

Waiting on UAB still....also rejected from Mayo
Good luck to all!

cwolf-
i'll be in Tuscon on the 12th of November. Good to hear that things are going well. I live in phoenix so tell me if i can help you in any way. I really liked UNM. People and program seemed good. Seems like the program has a specific fit to it though so it may not be for everyone.

cwolf said:
i did not take my usmle. thanks for the feedback...that does make me feel better. so how did your interview go??? what'd you think of the program, the residents, etc?

i got an interview from U. of Arizona today. i'm very excited about this one. i have my first interview friday...Einstein in Phila. it's a good program. i rotated there as a student... for anesthesia...but i met some of the faculty/residents.

Since first posting, my wife has also heard received invites from: U of Cincy, New Hanover Med Center (Wilmington, NC), Indiana U/Indianapolis, LSU/N.O., and UAMS/Little Rock.

Exciting!! Got my 4th interview today. I applied to 10 programs total, only Boston and New York programs, plus Brown:

Mt. Sinai
Brown
Beth Israel Deaconness Boston
UMass

starayamoskva said:
Finally heard from UF Jacksonville. Still waiting on Gainesville, UT Memphis, UAB and UNC.
The count so far.
Duke, U of Mississippi, South Alabama, Pensacola, Orlando, MCOG, Savannah, UT Chattanooga and UF JAX.

Hi! If you don't mind, can you let me know when you heard from UF Jacksonville and also if it was thru email or snail mail? Thanks & all the best!

cwolf said:

Hi! I will be there on friday too. Can you tell me more about this program? All the best!

My interview at U of Arizona is for Dec. 10. I'm doing an elective in Durango CO for the month of December. I'm driving out there with my dog...my friend lives there and I rotated there as a fourth year med student. So, I'll drive to Arizona for my interview...10 hours or so. I also applied to the Phoenix programs so hopefully I can schedule them all the same week. I'll definately call you if I'm in Phoenix. Thnx :) Did you apply to any programs in the east, or are you trying to stay out there?

doprogressive said:
cwolf-
i'll be in Tuscon on the 12th of November. Good to hear that things are going well. I live in phoenix so tell me if i can help you in any way. I really liked UNM. People and program seemed good. Seems like the program has a specific fit to it though so it may not be for everyone.

obgynr2b said:
Hi! I will be there on friday too. Can you tell me more about this program? All the best!

It's a community hospital...with affiliation with Jefferson. It's well respected in the Phila area. The residents there seem happy...which is not always the case in Phila. My mom was treated for breast cancer there and her doctor was the best breast surgeon in Phila. Our experience was actually pretty good. It's not in the best part of the city. You can email me directly if you want more specifics. Where are you staying? Do you have a car? Etc. Need anything??? [email protected]

obgynr2b said:

I replied under the wrong name. One of my fellow interns...docslacker???. Anyway read the reply under his name :)

I replied to this also under another interns name. check the docslacker :rolleyes: reply

doprogressive said:
cwolf-

Hey, I heard from U of Arizona too! Those who mentioned being from arizona or around there, anything ya'll can tell me about this program? I know zilch about the programs in the west (i can't seem to find time to look up programs anymore) thanks!

for those of you who heard from umass, when did you hear and was it by e-mail or letter? just curious, as i'm waiting to hear a yay or nay. thanks.

I heard from UMass today - email only, no ERAS. They only gave me two interview dates though.

deeq said:
for those of you who heard from umass, when did you hear and was it by e-mail or letter? just curious, as i'm waiting to hear a yay or nay. thanks.

Umass sent an email, which stated that a snail-mail letter version would also be sent out. Nothing on my message board on ERAS, though!

Good luck! The past few weeks, before my letters were in, I was freaking out reading this thread, as there were a few programs that had begun offering interviews, but from whom I had not heard anything. Actually, Cornell still hasn't gotten back to me, and one of the above posters said that they'd received an interview already. So I'm in the same boat!

obgynr2b said:
starayamoskva said:
The count so far.

Hi! If you don't mind, can you let me know when you heard from UF Jacksonville and also if it was thru email or snail mail? Thanks & all the best!

Heard yesterday via eras/email.

I applied to 22 programs and I've gotten interviews from -

UMass
SUNY Upstate
Maine
Virginia Commonwealth
LSU-New Orleans
LSU-Shreveport
Medical College of Georgia - Augusta
Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
UAMS
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Orlando
Cincinnati
New Mexico

Kentucky and Shreveport sent their invites by snail mail. It's starting to get tough to schedule these, all the dates seem to be the same. My invites trickled in until I got my transcript and last LOR uploaded. Good luck to everyone!

Regarding the UMASS invite today: When did you guys get your ERAS in, complete or not?

I got UMass as well today - my ERAS was complete on 9/24. I loaded the fourth letter of rec up today, but that was after the interview offer.

I replied to go on December 1 - anyone else going then?

Oh yeah, and I got NYMC WMC/Met program.

i just recently received an interview invite from baystate in mass. i sort of blindly applied to this program and know very litttle about it. i have perused their website extensively and like what i see. now i am wondering if any of you out there can tell me some things about the program that are not on their site. i know i will have a chance to find out during my interview. however, i'm just curious now. thanks. :)

deeq said:
Regarding the UMASS invite today: When did you guys get your ERAS in, complete or not?

Deeq - I certified mine the third week of September, probably around the 25th or so. They sent the invite the day it was complete.

Fuzzyerin, I'll be at UMass December 1st also! Look forward to meeting you in the real world :laugh:

I received both UMass and Beth Israel Deaconness almost immediately after all my letters and transcript were finally in - I had certified my application around 9/25.

I applied to 29 programs, 9 interviews so far, 2 rejections.

Interviews:
1) UT Houston-LBJ
2) Methodist-Dallas
3) Fort Worth Hospital, TX
4) LSU-New Orleans
5) Atlanta Medical Center
6) SLU-St. Louis
7) Mercy-St. Louis
8) St. Joseph-Chicago
9) Mercy-Chicago

Rejections:
1) Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
2) University of Tennessee

Heard from:
1) Mt. Sinai-Chicago
2) Emory-Atlanta

Heard from Baystate today - email and ERAS.

Just received invite from MUSC. So far (applied to 33 programs):
10 interviews:
Emory, Orlando, Palmetto, ECU, Medical College of Georgia, St Louis, San Antonio, Oschner, Jacksonville, MUSC
Rejected from: Medical College of Virginia/VCU

obg2005 said:
Just received invite from MUSC.

I got mine today, also! :thumbup: :)

Congrats to everyone with recent invites!