Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has gotten an invite for an interview yet. I just finished my app up last night, and checked on the progress and most have downloaded it.
One of my friends already got an invite (for IM). He sent his app in the first day.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my ERAS in Sept 1, and so far have gotten interviews from 2 programs, Orlando and UTMB Austin (new program).

I am a little neurotic though, and applied to 40 places.

Good luck everyone!

:) kem

kem said:
I sent my ERAS in Sept 1, and so far have gotten interviews from 2 programs, Orlando and UTMB Austin (new program).

I am a little neurotic though, and applied to 40 places.

Good luck everyone!

WOW 40 programs!

I submitted on the second, haven't heard anything yet, but I only applied to 10 programs (holding on to the cash until I see how many interviews come through).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying so many mostly because my parents live in california and all those programs are SO competitive, so I'm not expecting many, if any interveiws from those...

Plus my step 1 score was not so exciting... :(

-kem

kem said:
I'm applying so many mostly because my parents live in california and all those programs are SO competitive, so I'm not expecting many, if any interveiws from those...

Plus my step 1 score was not so exciting... :(

-kem

Heard from Orlando today! So maybe I will see you on the interveiw trail!
I am apply just in the S.E. not so competative as Cali.
Good Luck!!!

what sorta board scores do you need to get into decent OB/GYN programs?

calmike2001 said:
what sorta board scores do you need to get into decent OB/GYN programs?

Dunno what it will be like for applicants this year, but for the last several years ob/gyn has been an easy match. If you're in a US med school, and you have a passing score then you should be good to go.

A classmate of mine (class of '03) matched at a prestigious institution with a sub-200 step I score.

Good luck.

minime said:
Just wondered if anyone has gotten an invite for an interview yet. I just finished my app up last night, and checked on the progress and most have downloaded it.
One of my friends already got an invite (for IM). He sent his app in the first day.
I applied to 43 programs on sept 1st and no response at all! :scared: :( I am an IMG .. & my scores aren't all that great either.. so lets see..

Hey, anyone got any interview calls from any of these states- ny,nj, fl,tx,pa,az,wi,ne,mi? I haven't heard a word from anyone & I sent in my application on the 1st and almost all the programs have downloaded my application. Any idea as to when they start sending out invitations or acknowledge your application? Please reply.. am starting to worry.. :scared:

I have been reading the forum for awhile, but this is my first post. I applied to 25 programs. I have received 2 invites...one for the program in Grand Rapids, MI and one for Orlando. I am still waiting for 2 more recommendations to be turned in. Good luck to everyone!

Kelly

yay schools that get interviews out early! :) It's been sad, I check my email hopefully every chance I get - but haven't heard anything since my last post!

congrats everyone else on their interviews...

Good luck to all!

i know many programs say that they will only review completed apps. but it seems often they will send invites when some letters of rec. are still pending. anyone know the low down on this? i still have two pending and haven't heard anything...however i thought this was normal...would welcome thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most programs will not begin reviewing applications till October. Don't fret just yet. If it is February and you have no interviews then you can worry.

heard from Hawaii today!

Good luck!

All the best to all of you who have already recd the invitation to interview! :)

University of New Mexico & Texas Tech Amarillo...

Good wishes to all! :)

-kem

Hey -

Congrats to those who have interviews so far!

Kem - when are you going to be in New Mexico? I'm goin' too. I'm also heading to Denver. Some of the programs have sent emails to let me know to expect a response in November after they get the full apps + dean's letters.

Good luck . . . :thumbup:

i wouldn't sweat the lack of invites yet...i've heard from various faculty that some programs begin inviting around the middle of october...and i did hear from one today that said they would send a decision after the first of november...otherwise i have been lucky to hear from mt.sinai and CWRU...good luck to everyone

I have also heard from Mt. Sinai in New York and Johns Hopkins.

Kelly

Hi everyone. Good thread idea. I have received interviews from John Hopkins, Albert Einstein, and Univ of Tenessee.
I have received responses from:
Univ of washington-offers interviews when application is complete, mine is not
Brigham and Women's-offers interviews after Nov 1st
Emory-offers interviews after Nov 1st

:( :( :( Nothing as yet!!!!!! Why???? Anyone else who hasn't recd any replies as yet ? I haven't recd any rejections either. So, is that a hopeful sign or what?

Any one hear anything from U of F Gainesville or Jacksonville?

I have only heard from two programs so far, University of Mississippi and Orlando :scared: I am starting to get nervous.

i don't think they actually send out rejection notices...it would be nice if they did...has anyone heard from UNC, Duke, Cornell, UPenn, Columbia or Northwestern? any info on the aforementioned is helpful...thanks

i heard from grand rapids, orlando and st john in detroit. Great idea for this post:)

Good luck to everyone...

norbel said:
i don't think they actually send out rejection notices...it would be nice if they did...has anyone heard from UNC, Duke, Cornell, UPenn, Columbia or Northwestern? any info on the aforementioned is helpful...thanks
Interview offer from Duke today :D
UNC doesn't usually send out invites until the Dean's letter is in according to one of my residents who interviewed there a couple of years ago.

At last! One interview from AEH prog, PA! :)
Any info regarding this program?
All the best ...

i've receieved offers for st. john in detroit and oakwood in detroit (dearborn) - i'm a male interested in ob/gyn - and obviously have applied - but i keep worrying about a lot of issues (malpractice, being a male, lifestyle) and get looks like i'm crazy when i tell people (even other male ob's) about my decision - i still plan on going to the interviews - i'm hoping that when the dust settles i'm happy - i still love ob/gyn (in terms of the science, the physiology and the practice of the field in general). :eek:

I've got interviews at Wright State U in Dayton, OH, U. of Louisville, Bethesda in cincy, and Marshall U in Huntington, WV

I'm a male too. From what I've heard males are now more sought after than ever. (In residency anyway)

Even though I received an email saying emory was not offering interviews until after nov 1st, i received an invitation by mail, weird, but i'll take it. They are also putting their applicants up in a free hotel room, which is very nice of them.
The new interviews i've received are from Duke and Magee-women's.

Good luck everyone, look forward to possibly meeting some of you on the interview trail. :luck:

Hi!

Neurogeek, I'll be out at UNM in December - I'm trying to schedule my west coast interviews then so I can stay with my parents in California and try and save some money. When are you going? :)

Heard from Kaiser Oakland, Baylor (Dallas), UT Houston (Hermann), Texas Tech (El Paso), and UT San Antonio in the last few days.

Congrats all and good luck!

:D kem

heard from Texas Tech- El Paso today.. :)
Do u think it wud be a good idea to start a new thread with info on some of our interview experiences, hotel stay, residencies that we interviewed at etc?

got my first interview today - suny upstate (syracuse). finally sent my app in this past friday. now if i can just arrange my fourth year schedule so i don't have to do any more work, life would be wonderful!

Got my first rejection! Maine Medical center. Anyone got any interviews from NY/ NJ?

obgynr2b said:
Got my first rejection! Maine Medical center. Anyone got any interviews from NY/ NJ?

So They do send out rejection letters. Sorry to hear about that. I'm interested in that program too. Best of luck with your other interviews!! :)

Thanks! Hope you get a call from there soon! All th best to u too..

New to this thread. I applied the first week of September, and have 5 interviews so far: U of Missouri, Exempla in Denver, TMB in Austin, UNM Albuquerque, Kaiser Oakland. Going to NM in October, Denver and Austin in December. Anyone hear from Wisconsin, North West States, AZ, or North East yet? :) Hoping it picks up after October 1st. Congrats all of my fellow gunners. :horns:

got another ny one - north shore LIJ.

now i've gotta go shopping for a new suit and all that....

oh my god! ZERO interview invites so far! count 'em....zero. i'm afraid i'll be picking up the shattered pieces of my ego before it's all said and done. i must go and drown my sorrows in some double dark chocolate brownie ice cream and placate myself by mindlessly mining for brownie bits......! :(

deeq said:
oh my god! ZERO interview invites so far! count 'em....zero. i'm afraid i'll be picking up the shattered pieces of my ego before it's all said and done. i must go and drown my sorrows in some double dark chocolate brownie ice cream and placate myself by mindlessly mining for brownie bits......! :(

Hey, cheer up- I was the same too- but one fine day, I received 3 interviews! So, the same will happen to you too- Just keep away from the double dark chocolate brownie ice cream ( my Favourite too :) )or you might have to buy a new suit again! :laugh:

obgynr2b said:
Hey, cheer up- I was the same too- but one fine day, I received 3 interviews! So, the same will happen to you too- Just keep away from the double dark chocolate brownie ice cream ( my Favourite too :) )or you might have to buy a new suit again! :laugh:
i appreciate the cheeriness! i might back off a bit on the double dark chocolate brownie ice cream! today, i heard news from the application front: i received my very own rejection e-mail from maine medical center.....darn'it, and i was very interested in that program. luckily, i cushioned myself by applying to A LOT of programs.....i hope, like you obgynr2b, that my own fine day is just around the corner.

best wishes to the rest of the bunch :luck:

there's something to be said for patience. got my first invite via snail-mail today: wright state university in dayton, ohio....wooohoooo! :p

deeq said:
there's something to be said for patience. got my first invite via snail-mail today: wright state university in dayton, ohio....wooohoooo! :p
Congratulations! & All the best! Have my first one tomorrow. Pray for me! :)
But I haven't received any more interview mails after that!! First you pray for one interview call, then you want two, then three... wonder when one would say ENOUGH? :confused: :)

(Sigh of relief)

Got first interview invite today, from Mt. Sinai! Received via email and AMCAS mailbox.

still waiting on a few notables...but i have been fortunate to hear from two more yesterday and today...Duke and Wake Forest, respectively...good luck to everyone...does anyone know if most places will generally announce invites after mid october or november first...? or is it entirely random?

Our dean said today that many of the "good" programs wait until after the Dean's letter - course, from the posts here, Johns Hopkins, Mt. Sinai, you have to wonder what that means, exactly.

Two more for me - Long Island Jewish and Stonybrook - so that's 3 in Long Island and one in Upstate....

Thanks for starting this post! I don't know many people applying to Ob/Gyn, so it's great to finally hear others' experiences. I blindly applied to a bunch of programs my chair recommended, but probably need some more safety programs. Anyone know any "safeties" in California?

And interview offers received so far from U Michigan, U Washington, Johns Hopkins, Washington U, and Beth Israel.

And interview offers received so far from U Michigan, U Washington, Johns Hopkins, Washington U, and Beth Israel.[/QUOTE]

I hate that I have become one of those people who freaks out about the hidden meaning of every detail... but I was wondering which Beth Israel this is? BI New York, BI Deaconness Boston? I applied to BID, but have not heard from them.

Actually, it seems from personal experience, and from the responses on this board, that very few of the NY or Boston programs have given interview invites (likely waiting for Dean's Letters?)

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a while, I'm doing an away rotation, and I have no computer so it's hard to be glued to scutwork! :D

Here's some of my more recent interview offers:
UTMB Galveston
U of Southern Alabama
U of Arizona
U of Nevada, Las Vegas
Kaiser LA
LSU
U of South Carolina (Columbia)

Good luck everyone!!
-kem

NYC Girl said:
And interview offers received so far from U Michigan, U Washington, Johns Hopkins, Washington U, and Beth Israel.

I hate that I have become one of those people who freaks out about the hidden meaning of every detail... but I was wondering which Beth Israel this is? BI New York, BI Deaconness Boston? I applied to BID, but have not heard from them.

Actually, it seems from personal experience, and from the responses on this board, that very few of the NY or Boston programs have given interview invites (likely waiting for Dean's Letters?)

I've becoming symptomatically OCD since starting this whole ERAS process, so no worries! Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (?) in Boston. Also received Kaiser LA today.

Anybody else finding themselves scheduled to zigzag inefficiently across the country due to limited choices in interview dates and fear of being put on an interview wait-list?