AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First interview invite today!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
@outofstep I'm going to guess it's for the same school :) Good luck to you too! I picked a date in mid-late September :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I don't doubt it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to schedule for until late September/early August. Best of luck to you, and I can't wait to hear how it goes!
I will let you know! I hope it goes great for you too! I was pretty surprised to receive an invite already because my MCAT isn't until September. @smurfeyD, Temple.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all those who got interview invites. May your confidence be high and tuition bills be low.

I thought I'd get ahead by sending my transcripts on Aug 1. I got the email saying my transcripts were all received on 8/11. After not seeing my status update to complete, I called and found out the transcripts had been incorrectly linked to last year's cycle. Unfortunately it will take 1-3 business days to sort that out before they can get in line to be verified. Hope to get them verified soon!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I thought I'd get ahead by sending my transcripts on Aug 1. I got the email saying my transcripts were all received on 8/11. After not seeing my status update to complete, I called and found out the transcripts had been incorrectly linked to last year's cycle. Unfortunately it will take 1-3 business days to sort that out before they can get in line to be verified. Hope to get them verified soon!

I hope this isn't the same as a transcript being carried over from last year's cycle because they had it on file. Because I checked the FAQ, and it says you can carry over info and materials to this cycle's app if you had completed and sent out an app to at least one school last cycle - which I didn't do... but had my info and 1 transcript supposedly carry over anyways... I just hope that "received" status actually means received lol

I hope this isn't the same as a transcript being carried over from last year's cycle because they had it on file. Because I checked the FAQ, and it says you can carry over info and materials to this cycle's app if you had completed and sent out an app to at least one school last cycle - which I didn't do... but had my info and 1 transcript supposedly carry over anyways... I just hope that "received" status actually means received lol

Even if it was carried over, it shouldn't count you as a re-applicant. I didn't apply last cycle, but I did have an application open just so I could see how the website was laid out. If I had known, I would have sent in my transcripts sooner. I believe verified transcripts carry over and don't have to be reverified. (For example, I sent my MCAT score in the middle of July and it carried over when the new cycle opened.) I just happened to send in my transcripts with the request form from last cycle. Sounds like I would have been better off just waiting one more day so they didn't get linked to the wrong year.

Even if it was carried over, it shouldn't count you as a re-applicant. I didn't apply last cycle, but I did have an application open just so I could see how the website was laid out. If I had known, I would have sent in my transcripts sooner. I believe verified transcripts carry over and don't have to be reverified. (For example, I sent my MCAT score in the middle of July and it carried over when the new cycle opened.) I just happened to send in my transcripts with the request form from last cycle. Sounds like I would have been better off just waiting one more day so they didn't get linked to the wrong year.

Oh I know I wouldn't be counted as a reapplicant, I had an app open last year because I was thinking of applying, and so had 1 out of 2 transcripts "received" which supposedly carried over. What I'm hoping is that the app for this cycle isn't just saying it's "received" and that it's actually there hahah.

Oh I know I wouldn't be counted as a reapplicant, I had an app open last year because I was thinking of applying, and so had 1 out of 2 transcripts "received" which supposedly carried over. What I'm hoping is that the app for this cycle isn't just saying it's "received" and that it's actually there hahah.

If you're worried about it, I'd just give AACMPAS a call. I only had to wait a minute or two on hold.

I know that you can be granted interviews w/o an MCAT on file. However, do schools accept students prior to an MCAT score? Is that a relatively unheard of occurrence?

Members don't see this ad :)
My transcripts finally show as received. Those of you who have interviews, how long did it take for your transcripts to be verified? Did I see some were done in about 24 hours?

My transcripts finally show as received. Those of you who have interviews, how long did it take for your transcripts to be verified? Did I see some were done in about 24 hours?

Everything was verified 1-2 days after materials were received. I submitted Aug 2 and verified 3rd or 4th, can't quite remember.

I received the portal info and the we have received your application email from Midwestern today.

Last edited:
Everything was verified 1-2 days after materials were received. I submitted Aug 2 and verified 3rd or 4th, can't quite remember.

I received the portal info and the we have received your application email from Midwestern today.

That's awesome. Did you send your transcripts electronically?

@mbb21 thank you! I won't have a MCAT for another month so we will see how things go. Good luck to you too!! Can't wait to see all the good news for everyone

Got my transcripts verified this morning and was invited to an interview at Temple!

Reactions: 2 users
Transcripts also verified this morning and Kent and Temple sent me interview invites!

Did you guys schedule the interviews as they came, or did you wait to see how many you got first. My thought was to try to interview at my top schools first.

Did you guys schedule the interviews as they came, or did you wait to see how many you got first. My thought was to try to interview at my top schools first.

The problem is they don't all come that quickly. Some come like a month or so after the others.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The problem is they don't all come that quickly. Some come like a month or so after the others.

True. Was there any strategy to it or did you just pick a date?

True. Was there any strategy to it or did you just pick a date?

I did give it a little time before I scheduled but don't hold out on hearing back from every school you applied to this month. I was luck enough to get invites from Western and Midwestern in relatively quick succession so I scheduled both within a few days from each other so I only had to take half a week off from work to hit two programs. That's the only real strategy, trying to hit ones that are clustered together around the same time. I'm just saying don't hold your breath on hearing back from everyone and being able to make one master plan to hit them all. I feel like your best shot of getting in is as early as possible, plus there's more scholarship money to go around, so waiting has it's disadvantages.

As I recall, during my cycle, Barry was the slowest at getting back and it took them about a month or month and a half after TUSPM and NYCPM to do so. TUSPM and NYCPM are usually two of the quickest. Most other schools fall somewhere in between them and Barry. But that's just at the very beginning of the cycle cause I think it takes some schools longer to begin looking over applications in the first place. Once the cycle gets going there's not such a large discrepancy in response times.

Well I'm waiting to see who gets back to me and what dates they have first. That's just because I work full time and I'll have to schedule around them so I'm not in a rush right now.

I did give it a little time before I scheduled but don't hold out on hearing back from every school you applied to this month. I was luck enough to get invites from Western and Midwestern in relatively quick succession so I scheduled both within a few days from each other so I only had to take half a week off from work to hit two programs. That's the only real strategy, trying to hit ones that are clustered together around the same time. I'm just saying don't hold your breath on hearing back from everyone and being able to make one master plan to hit them all. I feel like your best shot of getting in is as early as possible, plus there's more scholarship money to go around, so waiting has it's disadvantages.

As I recall, during my cycle, Barry was the slowest at getting back and it took them about a month or month and a half after TUSPM and NYCPM to do so. TUSPM and NYCPM are usually two of the quickest. Most other schools fall somewhere in between them and Barry. But that's just at the very beginning of the cycle cause I think it takes some schools longer to begin looking over applications in the first place. Once the cycle gets going there's not such a large discrepancy in response times.

Do you know if Temple/PA itself recognizes Columbus Day?

Last edited:
TUSPM has classes on Columbus day.

So I may be able to interview at that time and not miss out on work here? I have it as a holiday

EDIT: that wouldn't be too late right? or should I try earlier

Last edited:
For Temple, the dates they gave started around September 18. I decided to stay for two days so I can get a feel for the area too. My fiancé also grew up there so his entire family wants to help me see why I would like going there if accepted.

I am going to just schedule interviews as they come (if I'm fortunate enough :)). I work for a surgeon who knows I am applying and is very supportive of the time I'll need to take off for interviews. I'm relieved about that! Due to where I live, no matter when or where I'm going, it's going to be expensive. If I could do them all in one week, I'd be glad but I doubt that'll be the case.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which schools, if any, do group interviews? Are most one-on-one?

So I may be able to interview at that time and not miss out on work here? I have it as a holiday

EDIT: that wouldn't be too late right? or should I try earlier
That's probably fine and a good idea. They only have interviews like once or twice a week though so hopefully that's a day they'll be interviewing on.

Does anyone know which schools, if any, do group interviews? Are most one-on-one?

Do you mean multiple interviewers or interviewees? I think I've heard of both happening. During my cycle I only actually went to 3 interviews and Midwestern had three people interview me at once, Western and Temple were 1 on 1.

Do you mean multiple interviewers or interviewees? I think I've heard of both happening. During my cycle I only actually went to 3 interviews and Midwestern had three people interview me at once, Western and Temple were 1 on 1.

I meant multiple interviewees.

Not sure if this has been posted on this cycle's thread, but for those with interviews coming up make sure to check out the interview feedback page for a list of interview questions and other useful info on what to expect during your interview day. Make sure to update with your experience once you interview.

Podiatry Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For those who have already sent in transcripts and had them verified. Did you have any problems getting transcripts verified that were sent electronically? Or that were requested electronically and mailed out? I just requested a set to be send and I will not be able to get the transcript request form in there with it. Has anyone else done this ad had then successfully verified? Thanks!

I had no issues. I requested them electronically to be mailed out and didn't have the transcript form with it since it was requested electronically. I just attached my AACPMAS ID somewhere with AACPMAS transcript center's address. Transcript was received and verified within a week.
Thanks for your help! I did not attach my ID number anywhere so we will see what happens. I may have to request them again.

Thanks for the help! Also for anyone who sent LOR's via Interfolio, did you pay for your subscription before you sent out your requests or were you able to send your request before paying and then buy the year subscription and send them out. Just wanting to make sure I wont have to send request out twice!

Thanks for the help! Also for anyone who sent LOR's via Interfolio, did you pay for your subscription before you sent out your requests or were you able to send your request before paying and then buy the year subscription and send them out. Just wanting to make sure I wont have to send request out twice!

I was able to request a letter without a subscription, but it doesn't let you send letters without payment.

Waitlisted at Midwestern pre-interview.

Pretty disappointed by this as this is my #1 school, I tried to show my interest by taking tours and meeting a few faculty, and also thinking that my stats would have at least warranted an interview.

Waitlisted at Midwestern pre-interview.

Pretty disappointed by this as this is my #1 school, I tried to show my interest by taking tours and meeting a few faculty, and also thinking that my stats would have at least warranted an interview.

That's really frustrating. You're from AZ, right?