AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from NYCPM or Samuel Merritt? I've received an email from every other school (and even a interview request at temple! whoo!) but have yet to hear anything from those two, even as a confirmation. I applied to NY's spring term as well, so it just seems a bit strange.
Both of these schools are just starting classes for this fall semester, so they may be a bit busy. I advise just being patient, you will hear from them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything from NYCPM or Samuel Merritt? I've received an email from every other school (and even a interview request at temple! whoo!) but have yet to hear anything from those two, even as a confirmation. I applied to NY's spring term as well, so it just seems a bit strange.

Both of these schools are just starting classes for this fall semester, so they may be a bit busy. I advise just being patient, you will hear from them.

What Podstar said.

CSPM starts classes Monday. Give them a little time.

I've just sent my applications.. I'm still waiting for my DPM mentor and one of my Univ professor to finish their LoR.
At the moment I only have 1 LoR received from a different Professor.
Do any of the schools let you have interview before they get all of your LoR?
also how long does it take for the Transcript verification to finish?
I entered the transcripts myself

Temple is my #1 choice

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just sent my applications.. I'm still waiting for my DPM mentor and one of my Univ professor to finish their LoR.

Temple is my #1 choice
I can't say for all the schools, but when I was having trouble getting my LoR I was emailing some of the schools about the timeline for the letters, and the general impression I got was that they didn't really factor in for the interview request that much. Again, it was just the impression that I got. Just work on spamming the teacher and DPM as much as you can to try and get them, but you should be fine for now I'd think. As for the Transcript verification, I don't know the exact time, but it was pretty fast like under a week.

Reactions: 1 user

Temple is my #1 choice

Scholl won't (esp one from a Pod)...other schools might.
Verification can take from few days to 2 weeks.

Nah, u should be fine. Maybe at AZPOD just cuz the school is so small.

Hey all,

So my plan for the last year was to start the app right when it opened!!!

But some family stuff came up and ill be out of the country until October 20th. I won't really have access to internet (3rd world country) while I am there so I cant fill it out as I go.

My question is, will this late start hinder my chances to get into AZPOD, Western, or DMU since these tend to be the most competitive schools????

My stats aren't an issue, just the timing is worrying me. I figure another month after I get back to fill it out, get letters, transcripts etc.

Hey all,

So my plan for the last year was to start the app right when it opened!!!

But some family stuff came up and ill be out of the country until October 20th. I won't really have access to internet (3rd world country) while I am there so I cant fill it out as I go.

My question is, will this late start hinder my chances to get into AZPOD, Western, or DMU since these tend to be the most competitive schools????

My stats aren't an issue, just the timing is worrying me. I figure another month after I get back to fill it out, get letters, transcripts etc.
Should still be fine for all of them, stats permitting.

Just got an interview at DMU.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Did the status of your supplemental items in the portal ever change?

Yes, it now shows as 5/5 supplemental items received. (I had three transcripts.)

I got the interview to DMU too... looking at my wallet like :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
I take my MCAT on Saturday.... which I have to fly to (rural city life).... after just having an emergency surgery ----- I need all the good vibes I can get this week! I will be so glad to have that test behind me.

Glad to see more interview invites going out Are you all planning to go to all of them or being selective?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I take my MCAT on Saturday.... which I have to fly to (rural city life).... after just having an emergency surgery ----- I need all the good vibes I can get this week! I will be so glad to have that test behind me.

Glad to see more interview invites going out Are you all planning to go to all of them or being selective?

I applied to 4 so I will go to all of mine. I just feel bad asking for so much work off.

Sendin good vibes your way!

@smurfeyD thank you- much appreciated! I scheduled two so far... in the next couple weeks. I think most other schools will wait for my test scores to decide so there will be a break. If I can keep my interviews to Mondays or Fridays, my boss will greatly appreciate it.

That's awesome! Congrats on the invites . Were you able to schedule them far enough apart or close together?

I have interviews scheduled everywhere I've heard from, but I put DMU and AZPOD as early as possible and scheduled the rest pretty late. That should give me enough time to receive an admissions decision from AZ and DMU before I interview at the others. If I'm accepted to either I will cancel the rest.

I have interviews scheduled everywhere I've heard from, but I put DMU and AZPOD as early as possible and scheduled the rest pretty late. That should give me enough time to receive an admissions decision from AZ and DMU before I interview at the others. If I'm accepted to either I will cancel the rest.
I'm almost doing the exact opposite of what you are haha. I'm waiting on DMU and AZ and getting the others done first. The 2 schools are great but still not sure if I can picture myself leaving New England for hot Arizona or... well... Iowa.

@smurfeyD thank you- much appreciated! I scheduled two so far... in the next couple weeks. I think most other schools will wait for my test scores to decide so there will be a break. If I can keep my interviews to Mondays or Fridays, my boss will greatly appreciate it.

That's awesome! Congrats on the invites . Were you able to schedule them far enough apart or close together?

Yeah I am doing Mondays and Fridays as well! Buttttt, my wife and I are also expecting our first kid in the next month so its been crazy trying to schedule interviews around my work schedule and a week or two away from his due date haha

@smurfeyD you have the most understanding wife! When I think back to the time I had my first, I'm pretty sure I was full of hormones and tears lol. Remember shortly after birth, the lady is always right... at least that's what I thought I'm sure. Congrats on your first! It's a pretty wonderful experience

@outofstep thank you! Seriously appreciated! I ended up applying to all 9 as well. Selective makes sense- that'd be a lot of travel!

I'm almost doing the exact opposite of what you are haha. I'm waiting on DMU and AZ and getting the others done first. The 2 schools are great but still not sure if I can picture myself leaving New England for hot Arizona or... well... Iowa.

Haha, nor could I see myself living out in NY or Philly.

You guys are making me nervous if invites for DMU already went out! I hope they send out another batch in a week or two, my heart can't take the waiting hahaha!

You guys are making me nervous if invites for DMU already went out! I hope they send out another batch in a week or two, my heart can't take the waiting hahaha!
I wouldn't stress it yet. There are a lot of interview dates available through October so I imagine they'll send out more in the next week.

Same here. I've ben constantly refreshing my e-mail, even while at work haha. Good luck!
I wouldn't stress it yet. There are a lot of interview dates available through October so I imagine they'll send out more in the next week.

I just checked my status on the admit page they sent out last week: I had a piece of information missing for some reason, even though I am sure it read 5/5 or 4/4 before. I'd recheck that if I were you just in case!
And thank you for the reassurance! I sent my application in a bit later so I'm hoping that has something to do with it too hahah. Really hoping we all get invites soon!

I just checked my status on the admit page they sent out last week: I had a piece of information missing for some reason, even though I am sure it read 5/5 or 4/4 before. I'd recheck that if I were you just in case!
And thank you for the reassurance! I sent my application in a bit later so I'm hoping that has something to do with it too hahah. Really hoping we all get invites soon!
I got an invite last night and had that "items missing" over the weekend too but it fixed itself so you're probably all set!

Hello, I need to know my chances to get into DPM. I have a undergrad GPA of sGPA 2.93 & cGPA 3.23. Decided to go to grad school and get my master's in microbiology ending with a grad GPA of 3.93. Shadowed a surgeon DPM for 3 months, TA experience, research experience, volunteer at a hospital and shelter. My MCAT scores are in the low 490s (I know that's not that great).

@smurfeyD I heard from them 8/9 in regards to classes I am taking next semester before giving the app to the admissions committee and they said they'd be in contact soon. Nothing since then.

Hello, I need to know my chances to get into DPM. I have a undergrad GPA of sGPA 2.93 & cGPA 3.23. Decided to go to grad school and get my master's in microbiology ending with a grad GPA of 3.93. Shadowed a surgeon DPM for 3 months, TA experience, research experience, volunteer at a hospital and shelter. My MCAT scores are in the low 490s (I know that's not that great).

Repost here:

***Official Pre-Pod What Are My Chances Thread***

I heard from Barry today about an interview. On a side note, what polite admissions staff.

I thought Midwestern was very impressive academically. I'm just trying to decide how I would feel about living here. I really liked DMU after going to their preview event. I'm going to have a hard time deciding if it comes down to the two.

I thought Midwestern was very impressive academically. I'm just trying to decide how I would feel about living here. I really liked DMU after going to their preview event. I'm going to have a hard time deciding if it comes down to the two.
I might have seen you. There were 3 of you right? I was shadowing one of the students. I have my interview next week.

I might have seen you. There were 3 of you right? I was shadowing one of the students. I have my interview next week.

Yeah, two of us were interviewed. There was a second year student giving us a tour.

How long did it take you guys for your transcripts to come in? its been 9 days for me now and I'm starting to worry and Im just waiting for them to arrive to get verified.

Hi all,
I started my application today despite having a sucky MCAT score of 487 but a GPA of 3.6. I scheduled to retake in September and I am just gonna go ahead an do the application :/ At this point I am just gonna wing it. I am so terrified however.

So I don't have the choice of Life Sciences to answer 'What's your major?' question. IDK how to go about with it. Also, in the personal information, in the other section, I am unable to save and continue. DO I have to answer all the questions despite most of them being optional?

As for LOR, I am yet to reach out to my faculty members. Shadowing a podiatrist currently and should have an LOR from him in a few weeks.

I had a 489 for my MCAT and I still got to go to Scholl really late in the applocation season like mid may, so you can definitely do it. Just try and send your app out!

How long did it take you guys for your transcripts to come in? its been 9 days for me now and I'm starting to worry and Im just waiting for them to arrive to get verified.

Can anyone help or share their experience? Im worried

I waited for about 6 days and I was getting worried too. I emailed aacpmas and the next day my application was verified. :)

When it comes down to it, go with your gut.

Don't play the numbers game. Don't listen to others.

Pick the place you will be happiest for 4 years of your life.

It will help you during school.

I think it took mine about about 7 to 10 business days before received an email about them receiving my transcripts . I had a totally of three; one was marked received days before the other two. Hopefully you know something by next week. I'm still waiting for them to be verified.

I think it took mine about about 7 to 10 business days before received an email about them receiving my transcripts . I had a totally of three; one was marked received days before the other two. Hopefully you know something by next week. I'm still waiting for them to be verified.
I waited for about 6 days and I was getting worried too. I emailed aacpmas and the next day my application was verified. :)
It took a couple weeks for mine. It'll verify

Thanks guys just hoping not to have a horror story waiting for transcripts lol not doing much good for my anxiety

Been dead here a few days now haha anyone hear anything new or attend an interview that they loved/disliked?

Stick.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing new here other than the Barry ii. My first interview is on Monday though.

got an email from kent saying they are waiting for my MCAT score to be verified. Does AACPMAS notify you once they have verified it like they do with transcript?