AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah! Like 20 min away. Im still holding onto hope that maybe its too early and they wanna see how competitive it is first before sending me an ii

Yeah, I wonder if it has anything to do with how small their class size is. I hope you hear back!

Members don't see this ad.

@smurfeyD sorry to hear but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with an ii. You've got the #s. Crossing my fingers for you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just thought I'd provide my personal timeline of when things were completed regarding AACPMAS to give those wondering an idea of how long things could take:

-On 8/2 I started my app and to my surprise a lot of information from the previous cycle carried over even though I didn't apply, including 1/2 of my transcripts (I sent it cause it was free to do so for that school). On 8/2 I also sent my MCAT scores which were received by AACPMAS the next day, and ordered my other transcript to be sent.

-On 8/6 I submitted my application with all sections completed, paid in full, including the payment for professional transcript entry.

-On 8/15 my second transcript was received. I called before and was told no transcript verification would happen until all transcripts are received, which is why my first transcript was at "received" status for so long.

-On 8/21 the professional entry was complete and although I had to call to correct a few things, I was able to approve it the same day.

-On 8/22 (19.5 hours after I approved), my application was verified and GPA's have been calculated.

Hope this helped some of you guys. If I might've missed any details that I could have provided, fell free to let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
Just heard back from Scholl for an interview if anyone was wondering when they would hear back.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys..if anyone has a question regarding the interviews at either Scholl or Barry...PM me...also review the interview section here on SDN, as Podstar mentioned above! Good luck!!!

To everyone who is currently receiving interview invitations. First off congratulations that is very exciting. Second I am wondering how many of you submitted your application and received interview invites prior to having an official MCAT score. I am taking the MCAT September 2 and am wondering if I may be invited to an interview prior to the release of my scores. Thanks and again congrats!

To everyone who is currently receiving interview invitations. First off congratulations that is very exciting. Second I am wondering how many of you submitted your application and received interview invites prior to having an official MCAT score. I am taking the MCAT September 2 and am wondering if I may be invited to an interview prior to the release of my scores. Thanks and again congrats!
You can receive interview invites prior to an MCAT score being on file

Members don't see this ad :)

I am taking the MCAT September 2 and have received invites from Temple and Scholl. Kent and Midwestern are waiting for my MCAT score before deciding about interviews.

I am taking the MCAT September 2 and have received invites from Temple and Scholl. Kent and Midwestern are waiting for my MCAT score before deciding about interviews.

Awesome! Congrats on your interview invites and best of luck to us in this last week and a half of studying!

Congrats guys..if anyone has a question regarding the interviews at either Scholl or Barry...PM me...also review the interview section here on SDN, as Podstar mentioned above! Good luck!!!
Do you know the time frame for interview day at Scholl? I am trying to book a flight for 4 40pm after interview but all they sent me was "be here 15 minutes early for 11 am interview" so I'm not sure how long the day actually is. Any info would be nice.

Thanks!

Do you know the time frame for interview day at Scholl? I am trying to book a flight for 4 40pm after interview but all they sent me was "be here 15 minutes early for 11 am interview" so I'm not sure how long the day actually is. Any info would be nice.

Thanks!

My interview was from 9-3 pm and I was here till 3 pm. If you can switch to a later flight, possibly 6 or 7 pm. O'Hare International is pretty far away from the campus, about 30 mins drive and I think roughly 23 miles away. So, it can take you easily an hour to reach the airport during rush hour.

If you have a hotel already then great otherwise you can stay at the Days Inn. It is the closest thing to the campus and the manager can drop you off to campus next morning.

My interview was from 9-3 pm and I was here till 3 pm. If you can switch to a later flight, possibly 6 or 7 pm. O'Hare International is pretty far away from the campus, about 30 mins drive and I think roughly 23 miles away. So, it can take you easily an hour to reach the airport during rush hour.

If you have a hotel already then great otherwise you can stay at the Days Inn. It is the closest thing to the campus and the manager can drop you off to campus next morning.
Thank you, good to know!

I also got an interview from Midwestern. Does anyone know how long you're allowed to wait before having to give them an answer/date for interview? I have just enough vaca time at work for most schools but I was hoping to go and hear from other schools first before spending the extra money and time to make the trip to AZ.

Update on Midwestern Status:

Just received an interview invite from Midwestern. The chair emailed me afterwards and said I had a good application and the reason for my waitlist was because I hadnt taken Physics 1 or 2 yet and to let them know when I finished at least Physics 1. I responded that I completely understood and that I wouldnt be finished with Physics 1 until mid-December and if that was the soonest I could be pulled off the interview waitlist. He responded back that he looked over my application and that because I was local and had shown genuine interest in the school (tours, shadowing a student, etc) that they would invite me to interview.

Lesson to learn: it pays off big time to stay involved with the schools you want to attend (touring, interning, preview days) while forming relationships with anyone involved with the school. Admissions want to see that you care about going to their school.

Reactions: 5 users
Update on Midwestern Status:

Just received an interview invite from Midwestern. The chair emailed me afterwards and said I had a good application and the reason for my waitlist was because I hadnt taken Physics 1 or 2 yet and to let them know when I finished at least Physics 1. I responded that I completely understood and that I wouldnt be finished with Physics 1 until mid-December and if that was the soonest I could be pulled off the interview waitlist. He responded back that he looked over my application and that because I was local and had shown genuine interest in the school (tours, shadowing a student, etc) that they would invite me to interview.

Lesson to learn: it pays off big time to stay involved with the schools you want to attend (touring, interning, preview days) while forming relationships with anyone involved with the school. Admissions want to see that you care about going to their school.
That's awesome!! Good luck with the interview.

I also got an interview from Midwestern. Does anyone know how long you're allowed to wait before having to give them an answer/date for interview? I have just enough vaca time at work for most schools but I was hoping to go and hear from other schools first before spending the extra money and time to make the trip to AZ.
Anyone have an idea regarding this question?

Anyone have an idea regarding this question?

AZ gave me 4 dates to choose from. The scheduler site says,

"Please select a date from the list below. If you are unable to attend any of the following dates, you will be notified when further dates are made available."

If you're wanting a later date, it sounds like you just have to wait it out. But this is my first time applying, so don't take my word for it.

I'm in a pretty similar situation. I was surprised to see that the interview dates that were offered were so soon (was hoping there would be dates in October). I didn't really wanted to wait it out though so I'll be flying out in mid-September for an interview.
I have Kent in mid September and Temple/Scholl the first 2 weeks of October, I might wait to see if they put out late October dates.

When are you guys interviewing?
Not sure, I might wait it out until October. This is because it's cross country and I've never been to AZ, so not completely sure how I feel about it yet. Being from MA, I can probably count on both hands how many 100 degree days I've seen...

Not sure, I might wait it out until October. This is because it's cross country and I've never been to AZ, so not completely sure how I feel about it yet. Being from MA, I can probably count on both hands how many 100 degree days I've seen...
What were the options of dates they gave?

I'm going to AZ next week on Sept 1.

I find it funny how most people say NYCPM is generally one of the first to offer an interview and Barry the last... and my situation is exactly the opposite. Heard from a total of 5 schools so far, either interview invite or saying that the app is complete, but none of them are NYCPM :shrug:

I find it funny how most people say NYCPM is generally one of the first to offer an interview and Barry the last... and my situation is exactly the opposite. Heard from a total of 5 schools so far, either interview invite or saying that the app is complete, but none of them are NYCPM :shrug:

I was just thinking that the other day. There's only three schools I haven't heard from in some capacity. Maybe taking a different approach this year.

Finally heard from DMU! They had me set up an account like Midwestern did.

Finally heard from DMU! They had me set up an account like Midwestern did.
Just got it from DMU too. The email from them wanted me to make an account like you said, but the email from AZPOD only mentioned that my application was completed along with all the materials.

In your DMU account, would you be able to tell if your letters have been received or not? Can't seem to find a clear cut answer

Just got it from DMU too. The email from them wanted me to make an account like you said, but the email from AZPOD only mentioned that my application was completed along with all the materials.

In your DMU account, would you be able to tell if your letters have been received or not? Can't seem to find a clear cut answer

I don't see anywhere indicating if letters have been received. I sent them through Interfolio so I'm trusting DMU has them. It shows that my complete application and transcripts have been received.

I don't see anywhere indicating if letters have been received. I sent them through Interfolio so I'm trusting DMU has them. It shows that my complete application and transcripts have been received.
Ah alright, gotcha!

Did your DMU account say you were missing anything? Mine says they are missing one supplemental item, which is an official MCAT score. I submitted the official mcat score with the app so I am assuming they will get that, but that they just have not verified it?

Did your DMU account say you were missing anything? Mine says they are missing one supplemental item, which is an official MCAT score. I submitted the official mcat score with the app so I am assuming they will get that, but that they just have not verified it?
In the same boat as you man. Funny thing is I actually made the account earlier today and all 4 boxes were checked (4/4 supplemental things or whatever were received) and everything seemed fine. I checked it again later today and 3/4 were checked instead, with the MCAT one missing too just like you. You can also view your entire app on that site, and your official MCAT should be there... so idk what this is all about. I've also no idea where to find out if my committee letter has been received either..

Same here. Says MCAT is not received. They'll work it out.

Any of you have an idea how long it's appropriate to wait before scheduling an interview? Does it come to a point where waiting too long is an issue?

Has anyone heard anything from NYCPM or Samuel Merritt? I've received an email from every other school (and even a interview request at temple! whoo!) but have yet to hear anything from those two, even as a confirmation. I applied to NY's spring term as well, so it just seems a bit strange.