AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,
I am trying to fill out my transcript section but a lot of classes I took in my UG program are labeled either a "Natural Science Technology" course, or it is not listed. Would just paying to have it done for me be the smartest route? I only have the one transcript from one school so would it be easier to let them label my classes as they deem it and move on?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I am trying to fill out my transcript section but a lot of classes I took in my UG program are labeled either a "Natural Science Technology" course, or it is not listed. Would just paying to have it done for me be the smartest route? I only have the one transcript from one school so would it be easier to let them label my classes as they deem it and move on?

Thanks
No cause it takes a long time for them to do and then verify and everything. Just check the FAQ of the app!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Thanks
I paid for professional transcript entry and they had the courses entered and verified in less than a week. Was worth it for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My app was verified today and instead of being super relieved I'm even more nervous. I don't think I realized what this process would be like even though I've been preparing for it for a long time :eek:

anyone know what the average age of matriculants are

Good luck to everyone applying!

When did interfolio raise their subscription fee to $48... definitely not worth it. Is the other only alternative snail mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good luck to everyone applying!

When did interfolio raise their subscription fee to $48... definitely not worth it. Is the other only alternative snail mail?

Right?! I searched for a discount code but didn't find one (recent one anyway). Talk about quite a price hike though....... I thought there was one other but can't quite remember.... Virtual Evals maybe? I just paid the $48 Interfolio to just get it taken care of.

I had to get board certified after graduation to get the job I hold now, would that be listed as an achievement or nothing at all?

Did our school that is sending our official transcripts HAVE to put our CAS ID or is that just a recommendation? Also, how long does it usually take once you submit and pay the fee for your application to be verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did our school that is sending our official transcripts HAVE to put our CAS ID or is that just a recommendation? Also, how long does it usually take once you submit and pay the fee for your application to be verified.

I usually added my CAS number as the first thing when entering the address from the school's site.

You can also email/fax the school a cover page from AACPMAS that has the CAS #. Verification usually takes few days but they say 2-4 weeks, I believe.

I usually added my CAS number as the first thing when entering the address from the school's site.

You can also email/fax the school a cover page from AACPMAS that has the CAS #. Verification usually takes few days but they say 2-4 weeks, I believe.
See I wish I would have done that, but I just sent it without the ID. So I am wondering if I will need to resend them or if they will just figure it out

See I wish I would have done that, but I just sent it without the ID. So I am wondering if I will need to resend them or if they will just figure it out

I think as long as you have the address correct, it should be fine. You can always email the school and ask if they can add that line for you.

In case AACPMAS does not have the transcript in about 2 weeks from today then yeah you might have to resend.

I submitted my application and paid the fees Wednesday 8/2..... it was verified on Friday 8/4 in the morning.

I submitted my application and paid the fees Wednesday 8/2..... it was verified on Friday 8/4 in the morning.

Lucky.. I submitted and paid off fees 8/3, but still no verification. Just waiting on those transcripts. My guess is next week hopefully

@smurfeyD I was surprised because I have 4 transcripts. Hoping they all get in soon and you're verified quickly.

With that GPA, the bigger schools might take a chance on you, although I agree with your retake strategy, a 490+ is really where u wanna be.

Hi all,
I started my application today despite having a sucky MCAT score of 487 but a GPA of 3.6. I scheduled to retake in September and I am just gonna go ahead an do the application :/ At this point I am just gonna wing it. I am so terrified however.

So I don't have the choice of Life Sciences to answer 'What's your major?' question. IDK how to go about with it. Also, in the personal information, in the other section, I am unable to save and continue. DO I have to answer all the questions despite most of them being optional?

As for LOR, I am yet to reach out to my faculty members. Shadowing a podiatrist currently and should have an LOR from him in a few weeks.

Has anyone had their transcripts verified already? Completed my application and sent transcripts today, will it still take the roughly 3 weeks that AACPMAS says it will take?

Has anyone had their transcripts verified already? Completed my application and sent transcripts today, will it still take the roughly 3 weeks that AACPMAS says it will take?
My transcripts were sent August 3rd and still havent been verified yet. They say it takes around 10 BUSINESS days.

I had four out of four transcripts verified already but I think it was lucky timing to be honest. Two schools emailed me today confirming they received my app.

@smurfeyD DMU but definitely interested in AZ, Temple, Western, Scholl, Kent....... I don't know as much about NY, Samuel Merritt as the others but didn't want to rule them out. I can't see myself in FL so that's why I didn't apply there. How about you-- top choice? Many years ago I knew I wanted to go to med school of sorts and did lots of shadowing, volunteering, etc., but learned more about podiatry from my current work and was way more interested. It's my first time applying and I think the nerves got the best of me so I added more schools to my list. I thought for sure I would be able to play it pretty cool but I find myself constantly refreshing my email even though it's the beginning of August. Ridiculous!

Just had my transcripts received and verified this morning!
Mine still hasn't been received and I sent out transcripts last Thursday. Need I say my school is also 40 mins from their building in Watertown....

Applied to DMU, Kent, and Temple, DMU being my first choice with Temple as a close second. Good luck to everyone!

Quick question:

Should the shadowing/healthcare hours for Barry be in essay format or like something you'd have on a resume?

anyone know what the average age of matriculants are
At TUSPM the average age of incoming 1st years is about 24. Recent classes have had students ranging from 21 up into their 40s and one current student is older than that.

I had to get board certified after graduation to get the job I hold now, would that be listed as an achievement or nothing at all?
I would make sure that in some way or another the schools you apply to are aware of all of your major accomplishments.

Whether or not you list that with the application service, once TUSPM receives your application from AACPMAS you can email TUSPM admissions your CV and they will attach it to your file before they review your application. As long as you are not auto-screened then your application will be reviewed in its entirety, including any supplemental documents like a CV. So in that way, even if it is not on the AACPMAS application, you can still relay any information like that to TUSPM and be sure that it will be seen.

So my transcripts were received yesterday and were verified today. So it took 24 hours; sorry for the confusion!

So my transcripts were received yesterday and were verified today. So it took 24 hours; sorry for the confusion!
Mine were received yesterday as well, hoping the same happens with the verification haha!

Anyone know if the science LORs have to have like an official university letterhead? I dont think mine do.

Got a confirmation from Scholl that they reviewed my file and it was complete. The other 3 schools I applied to said they wont be reviewing files for another couple of weeks

Reactions: 2 users
Got a confirmation from Scholl that they reviewed my file and it was complete. The other 3 schools I applied to said they wont be reviewing files for another couple of weeks
You're ahead.

Sit back and try to relax.
Soak the remainder of the summer if you can.