This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received OOS II today :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll take the nearly 👍🏼😘
Give it a shot, so long as the money isn't an issue. The worst thing that can happen is not getting in, which, without an app, is the exact same situation you're in right now. Unless, of course, you're concerned about having to reapply next year, in which case I'd suggest you reconsider. You'll be at a disadvantage next time, should things not work out.

Reactions: 1 users
Give it a shot, so long as the money isn't an issue. The worst thing that can happen is not getting in, which, without an app, is the exact same situation you're in right now. Unless, of course, you're concerned about having to reapply next year, in which case I'd suggest you reconsider. You'll be at a disadvantage next time, should things not work out.
I honestly think it is still okay, especially for non-rolling admissions schools like Yale. The secondary itself says that if you are interviewed at a later day, you are not at any disadvantage.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ll take the nearly 👍🏼😘
I'm gonna disagree with some of the folks in this thread and strongly discourage you from sending a primary in at this point. We are deep in the cycle, multiple waves of interviews have already gone out, and the chances that your application would have a realistic shot are exceptionally low. And contrary to some of the previous advice, choosing to apply now can have some very real consequences. In the likely scenario that it does not work out this cycle, you will be labeled as a reapplicant next cycle, which makes your life significantly harder. You will have to disclose this to schools, fill out additional secondary essays, and be looked down upon by admissions. All for an extremely outside chance at an A this cycle? Unless your application is exceptional (I'm talking high stat military, olympics, etc.), I would save yourself the trouble and prepare to crush your application next year.

Reactions: 10 users
I'm gonna disagree with some of the folks in this thread and strongly discourage you from sending a primary in at this point. We are deep in the cycle, multiple waves of interviews have already gone out, and the chances that your application would have a realistic shot are exceptionally low. And contrary to some of the previous advice, choosing to apply now can have some very real consequences. In the likely scenario that it does not work out this cycle, you will be labeled as a reapplicant next cycle, which makes your life significantly harder. You will have to disclose this to schools, fill out additional secondary essays, and be looked down upon by admissions. All for an extremely outside chance at an A this cycle? Unless your application is exceptional (I'm talking high stat military, olympics, etc.), I would save yourself the trouble and prepare to crush your application next year.
I'm gonna agree here. Don't waste your time/money, just apply next cycle. Applying now would make you a re-applicant next cycle which makes it more of an uphill battle

As a reapplicant this cycle, I'm going to slightly disagree with this statement. You're only a reapplicant to schools you applied to last year and to those few which ask if you've ever applied to medical school before. Doja is absolutely right that you'll be at a disadvantage at those schools, but I don't think it's as much of a death sentence as people think. I'm admittedly a somewhat unusual applicant, so perhaps my experience won't be generalisable to others. However, 2 of my 3 IIs have been from schools which consider me a reapplicant.

Again, I caution mellowyellowkaz not to apply here if they think there's a high likelihood of them having to reapply (i.e., don't use this as a way to boost your app total in response to not getting any IIs). But if they have several interviews in hand and they want to try their luck, then I would go for it.

• Care
As a reapplicant this cycle, I'm going to slightly disagree with this statement. You're only a reapplicant to schools you applied to last year and to those few which ask if you've ever applied to medical school before. Doja is absolutely right that you'll be at a disadvantage at those schools, but I don't think it's as much of a death sentence as people think. I'm admittedly a somewhat unusual applicant, so perhaps my experience won't be generalisable to others. However, 2 of my 3 IIs have been from schools which consider me a reapplicant.

Again, I caution mellowyellowkaz not to apply here if they think there's a high likelihood of them having to reapply (i.e., don't use this as a way to boost your app total in response to not getting any IIs). But if they have several interviews in hand and they want to try their luck, then I would go for it.
thank you for your honesty, appreciate you :)

Definitely depends on OP's situation. If they've already submitted primaries/secondaries to other schools then there should be no problem sending in an application to schools like Yale that explicitly say they don't do rolling admissions. On the other hand, sending in your first primaries and secondaries at this point would be insane

Reactions: 2 users

samesies I'm experiencing a much better cycle with 2IIs being from places I applied to in the past

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/25. This has been an insane day for me so far.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

Exact same situation here- two of my three IIs are schools that rejected me last cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Exact same situation here- two of my three IIs are schools that rejected me last cycle!
To add onto this, I'm also a reapplicant, and I have 2 IIs from schools which rejected me in my previous cycle (2 years ago). I agree that it's probably best not to put yourself in a position where you need to reapply, as it can be pretty mentally draining, but it hardly seems like the disastrous scarlet letter which the internet makes it out to be.

Hi! I might not be the best person to ask, as I submitted my secondary on 7/22 and got the II on 9/22. Interviewed in October.

But please don't get discouraged, several of my peers have mentioned that they got later interviews. It's a long game - I was accepted off a waitlist in May. It's not over until it's over.

what is the latest interview you’ve heard of someone having?

OOS II! Had given up on this school

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II +1 today, submitted 7/14
Really excited!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Wow, interviews end in January right? So most II are probably sent out…
Not necessarily, when I received my II back in late August, there were slots from September all the way through November and maybe even later (I didn't click past November to see if there were openings). Yale doesn't schedule like most schools where you're offered only a few slots to schedule, they basically show you almost all the slots available.

It could be that the latest you can schedule right now is December but that plenty of earlier slots are still available. I'm not sure, but maybe someone who received a more recent invite could confirm.

Not necessarily, when I received my II back in late August, there were slots from September all the way through November and maybe even later (I didn't click past November to see if there were openings). Yale doesn't schedule like most schools where you're offered only a few slots to schedule, they basically show you almost all the slots available.

It could be that the latest you can schedule right now is December but that plenty of earlier slots are still available. I'm not sure, but maybe someone who received a more recent invite could confirm.
Earliest slots were also December ://

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, interviews end in January right? So most II are probably sent out…
FWIW, my school has data on the earliest and latest IIs received by its students at each school each cycle. The past two cycles people have gotten IIs as late as December, and the two before that there were even IIs in January.

FWIW, my school has data on the earliest and latest IIs received by its students at each school each cycle. The past two cycles people have gotten IIs as late as December, and the two before that there were even IIs in January.

does it say when those IIs had submitted their secondaries?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when Yale sends out acceptances? I interviewed back on September 29th and I cannot remember what date they said.