This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just heard from someone in admissions that Jan 5th is the last, scheduled day of MD interviews
Wait do you know if those have been sent out? So after this everyone is rejected?? A bit confused because they said late January would be the end of the interview season so I thought there was more time...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Wait do you know if those have been sent out? So after this everyone is rejected?? A bit confused because they said late January would be the end of the interview season so I thought there was more time...
Yeah I was really surprised too, tho I'm not sure if the last II have been sent out. I found out when I was scheduling my interview the other day and admissions let me know that the final day is the 5th.

Last edited:
Yeah I was really surprised too, tho I'm not sure if the last II have been sent out. I found out when I was scheduling my interview the other day and looking for additional dates that weren't on the calendar.
Maybe they are reserving the other dates for people who they will send interviews to later since it's the last month they are interviewing? I thought by your previous message that you contacted admissions yourself and that was their response... is that not the case? Perhaps it might be a confusion on my end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they are reserving the other dates for people who they will send interviews to later since it's the last month they are interviewing? I thought by your previous message that you contacted admissions yourself and that was their response... is that not the case? Perhaps it might be a confusion on my end.
I'll send you a dm

Reactions: 1 user
Does not seem like it looking at cycle track
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: 3 users
Someone at my school got an II in January once but I’d imagine what happened is they were filling in for someone else’s cancellation. I’d be surprised if there’s another planned wave if interviews apparently end on 1/5

Reactions: 1 users
In the email that we got after submitting the app, they said the interview until late January so idk if they changed that or if that still holds true...

Has anyone tried to fill out the YSM internal financial aid application? I remember in the webinar they said it would open ~1/1/2024 but I can't get past the first page where they check your eligibility (not sure if that means anything or if it's just not ready yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, but I'm going to go to the next Financial Aid Webinar on Wednesday and I'm sure they'll provide an update then. If you can't attend, they'll post the recording so you can look at it after the fact. If my notes are correct, we don't have to submit it until March 1st anyway, so there's plenty of time to fill it out.
Any updates on the financial aid app?

Has anyone looked up acceptance release dates over the last few years to see if there are any common variables? Like day of the week etc?

Has anyone looked up acceptance release dates over the last few years to see if there are any common variables? Like day of the week etc?
Be the change you want to see in the world

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Information collected from a post by @pinchybug last year:
This was posted 2 pages back but figure I'll copy it again here - in the past, it looks like they've done pretty much any day except Friday.
-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)
-2022: Thurs, 2/24 (~3:14pm EST)
For last year itself, it was Monday, February 27th.

Last edited:
  • Love
FYI (current student here), admin said decisions will be released "early march" and there is a phone-a-thon happening on the evening of March 5th where current students will be calling the newly admitted students to welcome them to the school.

So I can 100% guarantee you will get decisions before 3/5. And most likely between 3/1-3/4

Edit: also - still happy to answer any questions about the school or about writing letters of intent! good luck everyone :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
FYI (current student here), admin said decisions will be released "early march" and there is a phone-a-thon happening on the evening of March 5th where current students will be calling the newly admitted students to welcome them to the school.
Thanks for sharing!! I'll DM you my number if it's not on the list admin gives you please add it

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

So I can 100% guarantee you will get decisions before 3/5. And most likely between 3/1-3/4

Edit: also - still happy to answer any questions about the school or about writing letters of intent! good luck everyone :)

~turns back countdown one week~

• Haha

Did they say "early march" verbatim or is it possible they said "by early march"? 😅 trying to decide when i should start refreshing my email 10x per hour

Did they say "early march" verbatim or is it possible they said "by early march"? 😅 trying to decide when i should start refreshing my email 10x per hour
"The Office of Admissions plans to release admissions decisions in early March."

After what the current student said, definitely 3/1 at the earliest but they usually don't release on a Friday so possibly 3/4-5

Although I could see 3/1 due to the Harvard effect
Lol what is the Harvard effect? They’re releasing decisions in “early March,” right??

Lol what is the Harvard effect? They’re releasing decisions in “early March,” right??
Yes they said early March! It's the idea that schools try to time their release with the big H b/c they know there's a lot of overlap among accepted students w the top schools and Harvard is obviously very attractive in comparison to almost any school in the country so it might help their yield. Could be speculation but I could swear it's a thing hahaha

Yes they said early March! It's the idea that schools try to time their release with the big H b/c they know there's a lot of overlap among accepted students w the top schools and Harvard is obviously very attractive in comparison to almost any school in the country so it might help their yield. Could be speculation but I could swear it's a thing hahaha
ohhh okay haha honestly I believe that theory lol thanks!

So wait wouldn't that mean they'd wanna wait till after harvard releases decisions? Since if someone has an acceptance there they're more likely to withdraw from other schools

So wait wouldn't that mean they'd wanna wait till after harvard releases decisions? Since if someone has an acceptance there they're more likely to withdraw from other schools
I was thinking more along the lines of trying to pull people from Harvard by releasing before or same day but honestly no idea. It likely will be 3/4-5 sometime

Best of luck everyone! Just wanted to reiterate that I'm happy to answer any questions at all about the school or sending LOIs. Feel free to DM me, I'll try to respond promptly! Yale is a wonderful school and I hope to meet y'all here next year :)

Edit: and at the second look party!
I got a question about how easy it is to meet people & social at Yale with everyone "doing their own thing" with the Yale System. Figured I'd share my response here since it's a good question!!

I love my classmates and it has been really easy to get to know them. Your first 2 weeks at Yale are an orientation course - so everyone is pretty much attending everything the first 2 weeks and it's really easy to get to know people. We have a class groupme, and it has been active since over the summer. During the first 2 weeks people would organize lots of large gatherings for birthdays, etc., that everyone was invited to.

After the first 2 weeks, the real courses start. The folks that go to class have a great time socializing between lectures, and many go for the social aspect. However, we do have interspersed mandatory sessions, such as the once a week clinical skills course and professional responsibility course, where you will see everyone.

Many of the people who don't attend lectures will organize groups to study together in the library or other places on campus.

During the fall, there are a TON of extracurricular events going on - lots of interest group events with free food, free dinner, free drinks, lunch, etc. - and especially as first years this is a great way to socialize and see people outside of class.

Most first years live downtown, either in Harkness dorms or in the New Haven Towers (6min walk from campus) (Crown Court, Crown Towers, and Madison Towers buildings) - so if you live here you'll see your classmates all the time walking to class, at the gym, etc.

My advice is to be a 'yes' person - especially in the beginning of the year/meeting people stage! Always going to a variety of events, social gatherings, and signing up for various email lists and joining different activity groupmes, etc. because you never know who will end up being your long-term friends or what group you'll end up vibing with!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Based on last few years trends decisions were out:

2023 - Feb 27
2022 - Feb 24
2021 - Feb 24
2020 - Feb 27
2019 - Feb 28
2018 - March 5
2017 - March 7

I saw an earlier post suggest early March. For those who heard about a possible decision date, how confident are we that decisions will not be out in February?

Thank you in advance!

In any case, it has dawned upon me that February is the shortest month anyway 😂 we will likely know within the next 7 or so days, which will fly by. Most of the waiting is done at this point. Wishing everyone the best of luck :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth sending a letter of intent or is it too late :cryi: trying to stay close to home.

• Care