2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope. When did you receive this? I also sent an LOIntent so maybe it is as @roxanne12 said.
may 3. i was hoping that meant that they were gonna move the waitlist then but obviously not

Members don't see this ad.

may 3. i was hoping that meant that they were gonna move the waitlist then but obviously not
Oh. Yeah I got excited when you said that just now because I assumed that meant WL movement is on the horizon. Oh well. Strange that they only sent it to some people….

Oh. Yeah I got excited when you said that just now because I assumed that meant WL movement is on the horizon. Oh well. Strange that they only sent it to some people….
honestly in shock there still hasn’t been any movement. is there a chance they still do it today

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly in shock there still hasn’t been any movement. is there a chance they still do it today
I saw a really good explanation on it.

“Because every school is interconnected. Your school may not have pushed back their PTE deadline, but let’s say there’s a more desirable program in your state that has pushed theirs back. Since applicants haven’t dropped that acceptance, people at the program you want can’t drop their acceptance to go to that school. Therefore, your stuck until the majority of schools enforce PTE deadlines, which is looking like the second half of May.”

So for example, if Hofstra or Stony Brook (who both haven’t had WL movement as well) pushed off the PTE, people can still hold on to NYMC. If I were to bet, id guess that movement starts next week because I saw people on I think both threads of the aforementioned schools say that admissions told them movement should start for them next week.

Reactions: 1 user
did everyone receive an email asking to confirm they wanted to be on the alternate list? not the original waitlist decision email, another one
Didn't receive one either

From Einstein thread:

“Not applying this year, but from a recent info session with Dean Kerrigan - likely WL movement later this week.”

So it seems that people from Einstein, Stony Brook, and I think Hofstra think that later this week is WL movement. Let’s hope NYMC follows suit.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't get a response back when I confirmed I wanted to remain on the waitlist after receiving the original waitlist decision email. I just wanted to check if that is the case for others as well before sending them a follow up email.

I didn't get a response back when I confirmed I wanted to remain on the waitlist after receiving the original waitlist decision email. I just wanted to check if that is the case for others as well before sending them a follow up email.
I didn’t either and I am confirmed to be on the WL. They do not send a response to that as far as I know.

the number of people in the FB group really tells nothing...
kind of topic but would you be able to link me to the admitted students FB group? I am unable to find it anywhere and I wasn’t emailed it upon acceptance Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got off the WL around 4 AM EST! OOS, Interviewed 12/18, waitlisted 1/30, and send a LOI on 4/2.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
They said I have a week to accept the offer and pay the deposit fee. They also said they highly recommend using the PTE and CTE tools, not required.

Reactions: 1 users
They said I have a week to accept the offer and pay the deposit fee. They also said they highly recommend using the PTE and CTE tools, not required.
So I assume this means there probably won’t be additional movement until next week?

Also, if they only “highly recommend” using the PTE and CTE tool, then can’t people technically accept offers from multiple schools? If a person is unsure where they want to go yet, what’s stopping them from accepting and holding onto multiple offers?

Makes it seem like traffic rules are optional. Please abide by the traffic rules 🥺

Also, if they only “highly recommend” using the PTE and CTE tool, then can’t people technically accept offers from multiple schools? If a person is unsure where they want to go yet, what’s stopping them from accepting and holding onto multiple offers?
Deposit fee is $100. They have a CTE deadline, but its 21 days prior to the matriculation date. But yeah its just highly recommended, not sure why.

Hi all! Is there an admitted students facebook / GroupMe chat? I just got off the waitlist and have a couple of questions :)

quick question for those who got scholarships - do I have to CTE on AMCAS or do i just have to put down the $100 deposit?

Curious, did y’all who got off the WL get that email about confirming that you wanted to remain on the WL that Lovely2025 reported?

Anyone here know if scholarship offers apply if you enroll in a dual degree program? Tried calling their financial aid office but it's closed today