2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What exactly happens during these informational sessions? Are we just watching presentations or are we actively interacting with others/administrators?

Mostly the former, but there is also asking questions. The interview part is the virtual prerecorded questions, and that’s why it’s called the information session

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mostly the former, but there is also asking questions. The interview part is the virtual prerecorded questions, and that’s why it’s called the information session

Yeah I got an interview but have yet to complete the recording. I’m trying to prepare but being that this is my first interview, I don’t really know what to expect.

Just absolutely bombed my video interview. Good luck to you all! Hopefully none of you act as nervous and stutter as much as I just did

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone waiting for their secondary fee to be waived? I emailed them last week about this.

Just absolutely bombed my video interview. Good luck to you all! Hopefully none of you act as nervous and stutter as much as I just did
How did you prepare for the video interview? Going to do mine in a few weeks and I'm not sure what to expect

Reactions: 1 users
How did you prepare for the video interview? Going to do mine in a few weeks and I'm not sure what to expect

It’s five questions you have the question then some time to prepare then you must answer the question over video in a strict time limit. The whole thing is in one sitting. The email regarding it should have given a little more details.

Honestly just practice going over common interview questions on video and rewatch yourself. Sometimes you don’t notice you do something weird until you rewatch it. I did Erie and Bradenton in the same sitting and had pretty general questions, nothing strange or completely out there.

Just received an email invitation to an in-person campus visit! I've submitted my online interview but have not yet had the Zoom info session.

Members don't see this ad :)
For all yall that live 8+ hours away, are yall going to the in-person campus visit? I am torn on whether I should go or not. Its going to be quite the drive there and back.

Just received an email invitation to an in-person campus visit! I've submitted my online interview but have not yet had the Zoom info session.
Got the same email! I've also submitted my online interview but haven't had my zoom session yet. Wondering if it is worth it to go to the in-person campus visit since I live 12+ hours away. Anybody have any insight on this?

Been chilling at a " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." for a couple of days now... Anyone on the same boat? Heard most of this led to an R :/

• Care
Got the same email! I've also submitted my online interview but haven't had my zoom session yet. Wondering if it is worth it to go to the in-person campus visit since I live 12+ hours away. Anybody have any insight on this?
Same here. I would need to book a flight and would love to hear what everyone else is doing.

Is it beneficial to complete the recorded interview ASAP or just anytime before your info session? II yesterday 8/15 and next info session not until 10/17.

Is it beneficial to complete the recorded interview ASAP or just anytime before your info session? II yesterday 8/15 and next info session not until 10/17.

From other posters, it seems LECOM does not consider or look at video until after information session is completed so anytime should work

Quick question- when did others receive their link for the info sessions? I appreciate any help I can get! I have a session coming up and have little info.

II for Erie today, OOS. Found out through the portal after 2-3 weeks of my portal reading “You will receive the decision within 30 days.”

I know the interview is pre-recorded videos, but is the information session virtual as well or is it in person?
Congrats! I saw a lot of people who also got the same message (including myself) but ended up being a pre-II R. I wonder what to think of it...

Quick question- when did others receive their link for the info sessions? I appreciate any help I can get! I have a session coming up and have little info.

Look through this form and last year’s. They all say day before

Did anyone receive any sort of confirmation after signing up for the in person visit day? Or do we just show up on the day we selected??

Does anyone have insight about if you rank a campus first that you didn't do the informational session with, if that lowers your chances?

Does anyone have insight about if you rank a campus first that you didn't do the informational session with, if that lowers your chances?
I thought that you are only invited to one campus's info session when you get an II? Please correct me if I am wrong!

For the people already submitted the video recording, do you guys said full 5 minutes to answer the interview questions? That translate to nearly 500 words right? I have mine info session set on 8/24 and I need to submit the video recording before that.

Edit: I checked the 2022-2023 forum, it will give you 1 minute to think and 1minute 30s to answer.

Last edited:
I just finished my interview... I was feeling so confident after my intro... LOLOL.

I just finished my interview... I was feeling so confident after my intro... LOLOL.
Hi, wish you the best. I want to submit my video interview tomorrow. Just to double check, are there 5 questions including the introducing yourself question, so totally 5 questions? and 30 s or 1 minute to think? then 1 minute and 30s to answer right? Thank you!

Hi, wish you the best. I want to submit my video interview tomorrow. Just to double check, are there 5 questions including the introducing yourself question, so totally 5 questions? and 30 s or 1 minute to think? then 1 minute and 30s to answer right? Thank you!

Just finished mine. The intro is separate, 2 minutes for that. Then 5 additional questions, 1 minute to think, 1 min 30 sec to answer for each!

Just finished mine. The intro is separate, 2 minutes for that. Then 5 additional questions, 1 minute to think, 1 min 30 sec to answer for each!
Thank you for the reply, I just submitted mine as well haha. I also notice for the one minute preparation, the camera turned green. so you are monitored during the 1 minute preparation. Good luck to you and hope you get an A!

Good luck everyone on your application!

Thank you for the reply, I just submitted mine as well haha. I also notice for the one minute preparation, the camera turned green. so you are monitored during the 1 minute preparation. Good luck to you and hope you get an A!

Good luck everyone on your application!
how did you prepare for the interview?

how did you prepare for the interview?
1. Read questions on SDN.
2. write a paragraph ~150 words, that corresponding to ~1:30 speaking.(intro to yourself about 200 words, ~2:00 speaking) I don't think we have time to write everything, but for the one you don't have time to write, at least write few words as prompts, which angle you will approach the question.
3. Sit in front of the computer and open recording, record the answer for 1:30 minutes, replay to see how you do.
4. fix any issues and improve.

That's how I did it. Can't tell whether it is a good way now. If I get A then it is a good way. But at least I can tell you the questions on SDN overlaps a lot on the real one. Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 4 users
1. Read questions on SDN.
2. write a paragraph ~150 words, that corresponding to ~1:30 speaking.(intro to yourself about 200 words, ~2:00 speaking) I don't think we have time to write everything, but for the one you don't have time to write, at least write few words as prompts, which angle you will approach the question.
3. Sit in front of the computer and open recording, record the answer for 1:30 minutes, replay to see how you do.
4. fix any issues and improve.

That's how I did it. Can't tell whether it is a good way now. If I get A then it is a good way. But at least I can tell you the questions on SDN overlaps a lot on the real one. Good luck on your interview!

Wdym by questions on SDN?

Wdym by questions on SDN?
for me it was basic interview questions, two one of them matched with sdn (these are like questions every school asks). The other three were not on sdn interview tab. Also from what I've heard from everyone the questions are randomized so it depends on each person.

anyone else still under review in the portal who submitted pretty early? i received application processed emails on 7/11 and 7/26

I may have overlooked it, but do they send us a link for our zoom information session? I have mine on the 24th

I may have overlooked it, but do they send us a link for our zoom information session? I have mine on the 24th
I have the same info session with you. I can't find the zoom link in my email as well...

OOS II an hour ago. Completed on 08/15. Virtual session schedule for 09/06

So just to confirm, the interview link will be sent before my scheduled virtual session?