2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be advisable to submit the video interview as soon as possible or wait? My information session is in September so I technically have until then to record it. Do you guys know if LECOM will view our interview videos based on submission date before our information session?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get this message in their portal but then never receive an email or decision?

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you
I got a rejection email the next day.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got my primary and AIS form in. Now all I need is to wait who knows how long until I can start my IS 2(since it seems they have to manually approve AIS)

Last edited:
Just to make sure, the only due date for the interview is doing the 5 virtual questions by our information session date right? I got an email for an interview 2 weeks ago and was planning on doing the asynchronous part this upcoming week, but wasn't sure if that would be late.

Hi all, I have a bit of a unique situation and was wondering if anyone has any input. I applied and interviewed at LECOM Elmira last cycle and was waitlisted. They reached out in April and asked if I would accept an offer of acceptance if they were to extend it (this is my first choice medical school for several reasons). I ended up calling them and explaining that yes, I would absolutely accept but unfortunately cannot begin this Fall anymore since I am pregnant and due in September, but would love to commit for next year. They reached back out to the Erie campus because they haven’t had this happen to them yet at the Elmira campus just to find out that they only allow deferments for military reasons. So they advised me to withdraw my current application and apply early decision for this cycle (which is only available post-II at LECOM).

However, I received a portal update a week ago saying “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.” According to everyone else’s posts, this means a pre-II R. However, I expected a rejection email the following day as that appears to be the trend, but I still haven’t received anything? I was really disappointed when I saw the portal change thinking I was rejected early (which confused me entirely based on my conversation with them last cycle), but now I have no idea what’s going on since I haven’t received the rejection email still. Either way, once I confirm that it is a rejection, I plan on calling for feedback on my application considering they made it sound like I would at least get another interview for this cycle. The Elmira Admissions Committee seemed very understanding and excited for me when the heard about my pregnancy.

That was actually pretty fast to secondary so now I’m hoping I get an II. 3.87 cGPA/123AIS.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to make sure, the only due date for the interview is doing the 5 virtual questions by our information session date right? I got an email for an interview 2 weeks ago and was planning on doing the asynchronous part this upcoming week, but wasn't sure if that would be late.
Last year the interview video was due the Monday before the informational session, but that could've changed this year.

How long did it take between submitting your primary and receiving a supplemental? I submitted last night

Mines the same “We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin”

II for Erie today, OOS. Found out through the portal after 2-3 weeks of my portal reading “You will receive the decision within 30 days.”

I know the interview is pre-recorded videos, but is the information session virtual as well or is it in person?

Where do we check admission status in the portal? I am afraid I am checking incorrectly

Submitted June 29th but got an email from LECOM stating "LECOM Erie Has Processed Your Supplemental Application" ON July 11
Same timeline here and just woke up to that exact email again today

Also got the same email again today. Maybe they sent it to everyone?

Also got the same email again today. Maybe they sent it to everyone?
Yeah same, on July 11th I got an email from LECOM stating "LECOM Erie Has Processed Your Supplemental Application," TODAY at 5:45 AM EST I got the same exact email. Should we call them @imanurse?

Is anyone else having an issue with logging in? Looking at my email with the supplemental link, but my login username and password are not going through. Am I supposed to put my username in to the top left box that says username to submit the supplemental?

Yeah same, on July 11th I got an email from LECOM stating "LECOM Erie Has Processed Your Supplemental Application," TODAY at 5:45 AM EST I got the same exact email. Should we call them @imanurse?

I got this too. I’m just gonna keep an eye on my portal the next few days. If I get it again I’ll probably reach out

Not sure that’s the move here with LECOM. They seem to get annoyed with people who constantly call. I would just wait it out and see what happens, and keep in mind the people you talk to aren’t the ones deciding if you get an interview
There’s also email, and the email doesn’t necessarily have to be the same each time or the one you AACOMAS’d with (can I verb like that?)

hi everyone -- i hope your apps are going well! does anyone know how LECOM gets your supplemental material? nothing is showing up as completed for me and i'm a bit confused

I have an information session coming up this week - but I'm not sure where the link to attend it is? Does anyone know if they email you or if it's in the portal somewhere?

When do they send out the link for the asynchronous interview questions? Do they send that out at the same time as the link for the info session?

I have an information session coming up this week - but I'm not sure where the link to attend it is? Does anyone know if they email you or if it's in the portal somewhere?

I’m still waiting for II. hopefully soon but we will see. Let us know how it goes after ur session and what you thought about it. Good luck

GOT the II. OOS 3.72 cGPA 3.69 sGPA, 506 MCAT (twice). submitted secondary 7/15

I have my information session on 8/3 and haven't received a zoom link yet! Anyone else in the same boat? I emailed them just in case.

Does anyone know if they send rejections in the mail or just by email? I confirmed with the Elmira campus that they are sending me a physical letter with their decision.