2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn’t receive a secondary from touro Cali either and I sent in my primary weeks ago. I never got a submitted email from the school either, I only got one from NY acknowledging I sent my primary in. Did they reject me?

Members don't see this ad.

If you guys haven’t received a secondary, I wouldn’t worry too much. I emailed admissions and they said they are still trying to catch up because of a delay and errors with a new supplemental application system. Looks like they haven’t gotten to my app yet so fingers crossed they send me a secondary soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys haven’t received a secondary, I wouldn’t worry too much. I emailed admissions and they said they are still trying to catch up because of a delay and errors with a new supplemental application system. Looks like they haven’t gotten to my app yet so fingers crossed they send me a secondary soon!
If you emailed then they probably are looking/will look at it soon. Same as others, I asked for an update and got secondary a couple days later.

Finally got a secondary, thought i was DOA at this school

IS applicant.
Primary submitted 7/05. Received an email today that my app was downloaded for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just realized that one of my science professor LOR doesn’t count as a “science class” because it’s not a pure science :( time to scramble to find another LOR

Edit: got an open house email just now… talk about adding salt to a wound

Last edited:
Anyone else get an invite for open house in november? Is this sent to anyone who got a secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Okay this open house is crazy... N95 at this point makes me think they have nobody competent in leadership. Also, fully vaccinated what does that even mean? 2 shots, 3 shots, 4 shots? I am guessing no exemption with natural immunity either. I am sorry, but this is a huge turnoff as an applicant.

• Angry
  • Haha
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 3 users
Got email and saw “invite”, got excited. Then read it T.T

• Care
Okay this open house is crazy... N95 at this point makes me think they have nobody competent in leadership. Also, fully vaccinated what does that even mean? 2 shots, 3 shots, 4 shots? I am guessing no exemption with natural immunity either. I am sorry, but this is a huge turnoff as an applicant.
I’m sure most med schools will require you to be vaccinated. Mask rules will vary.

Well that is a big no thanks for me. Let them enforce ideocracy on somebody else.

This is clearly a touchy topic, but most hospitals that you will inevitably be rotating through also aggressively enforce Covid vaccines.

Not just COVID vaccines but ALL vaccines. Flu, COVID, etc. You will have to get tested and if you are seen as not immune for something will have to get a new cycle. Also we are trying to be physicians. Vaccines are made through research, study, and trials. We should be for vaccines as physicians. Yes I understand people see the new COVID vaccine as a new type, but we should trust the science and the work/research put into it by those who came before us. Be skeptical, that is fine, that is science, but follow the studies and research presented by others who have been in the game longer than us. If you doubt the countless studies showing the safety and efficacy of vaccines, how will you trust future studies showing new methods of treatment for disease?

Reactions: 6 users
Not just COVID vaccines but ALL vaccines. Flu, COVID, etc. You will have to get tested and if you are seen as not immune for something will have to get a new cycle. Also we are trying to be physicians. Vaccines are made through research, study, and trials. We should be for vaccines as physicians. Yes I understand people see the new COVID vaccine as a new type, but we should trust the science and the work/research put into it by those who came before us. Be skeptical, that is fine, that is science, but follow the studies and research presented by others who have been in the game longer than us. If you doubt the countless studies showing the safety and efficacy of vaccines, how will you trust future studies showing new methods of treatment for disease?
I am not going to get into this debate, but go listen to experts like Vinay Prasad MD and you will see this is much more nuanced than the blanket statement of "Trust the Science".

• Inappropriate
  • Dislike
I am not going to get into this debate, but go listen to experts like Vinay Prasad MD and you will see this is much more nuanced than the blanket statement of "Trust the Science".
You mean non-pediatrician Vinay Prasad repeatedly speaking to media advising to not trust the American Academy of Pediatrics policy on masks in schools, simultaneously blocking the majority of pediatricians on Twitter? The guy who compared covid protocols to the third reich and said we will implement fascism with it? Let me guess, you also are going to say Monica ghandi and Tracy Beth hoag? You may not want to get into it, but I will not sit idly by while people push ignorance in the scientific community

Reactions: 11 users
This may be off topic but I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites that Touro has? I am not finding anything on their webpage, but might be looking in the wrong place.

Also, if there is not public information, perhaps a current student could shed some light on where the rotation sites are.

Thanks in advance.
these are our sites as of today

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.18.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.18.35 PM.png
    949.7 KB · Views: 286
Does anyone know what "Under Review A" means on our application dashboard?

So I noticed that the secondary for Touro California comes up in my applicant portal because I applied to Touro Nevada. If I applied to Touro California, can I fill out the secondary or do I have to wait till they send me an email asking me to send a secondary?

So I noticed that the secondary for Touro California comes up in my applicant portal because I applied to Touro Nevada. If I applied to Touro California, can I fill out the secondary or do I have to wait till they send me an email asking me to send a secondary?
You need to wait until they invite you to complete it.

Submitted primary early August and emailed them 2.5 weeks ago for an update but they didn't respond and I still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in a similar boat?

II today! IS, ORM, LM 69, submitted 7/29 and complete 8/17. II came via email and portal still says "under review (A)"

Submitted primary early August and emailed them 2.5 weeks ago for an update but they didn't respond and I still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in a similar boat?
I emailed them for an update and they said they were still reviewing primaries from late July! I submitted in early August as well so we should be coming up soon.

Anti-Vax physicians do not practice evidence-based medicine which is detrimental to patients. Are vaccines safe for everyone? No. No medication or treatment is without its risks of side effects, allergic reactions, etc. Vaccines are safe for the huge and overwhelming majority though. The fact I have to say this on this forum is disheartening.

this was probably the quickest complete email I've ever gotten. I submitted my secondary 5 minutes ago and 2 minutes later I'm complete and under review (A)

Submitted secondary on 9/17
Complete/under review email just now

Submitted secondary 8/12 and have been under review for about a month. Hope to hear back soon! The suspense!!

Just received an email saying they received my application! Thought I was done at this school

any IS that has not received a secondary yet? Primary submitted late-July... Should I email?

I'm assuming that since Rosh Hashanah is from sunset of the 25th till nightfall of the 27th, that we will not be receiving anything until the 28th at the earliest. What does everyone think?

I'm assuming that since Rosh Hashanah is from sunset of the 25th till nightfall of the 27th, that we will not be receiving anything until the 28th at the earliest. What does everyone think?
I would say yes. they said on interview day that there were a lot of Jewish holidays coming up that will impact communication

I would say yes. they said on interview day that there were a lot of Jewish holidays coming up that will impact communication
yes! touro is closed on mon and tuesday!

Wow what an unbelievably fast turn around. Interviewed 9/19 got my acceptance 9/23!

Reactions: 9 users