2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal updated to a full bar last Thursday or Friday (I checked on Friday but not Thursday) and I received the acceptance only today. I called the office this week and they said to wait for the decision to be released. hmm.. it seems like the school releases decisions every Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal updated to a full bar last Thursday or Friday (I checked on Friday but not Thursday) and I received the acceptance only today. I called the office this week and they said to wait for the decision to be released. hmm.. it seems like the school releases decisions every Friday.
The school has also released decisions on Wednesdays (that was when I got my A), but lately they’ve been releasing them on Fridays. I’m not sure if there were other days that people reported receiving a final decision on

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my seat today, hope it goes to someone. Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received an II but declined the offer. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Just withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just checked my portal and i'm at full bars w/ the second "withdrawal after offer" section on my portal. trying not to take this as a sure-fire sign of an A since i don't want to be too disappointed if it's not, but i am FREAKING out right now!!!

Reactions: 1 users
just checked my portal and i'm at full bars w/ the second "withdrawal after offer" section on my portal. trying not to take this as a sure-fire sign of an A since i don't want to be too disappointed if it's not, but i am FREAKING out right now!!!
I think that's a very good sign.
Just hit 7 bars here and no such section. I think I'm toast. (Bummer; it was my first choice.)

How exciting!!! When did you interview?

I think that's a very good sign.
Just hit 7 bars here and no such section. I think I'm toast. (Bummer; it was my first choice.)
When was your interview?

Don’t lose hope yet! When did you interview?

Thanks, but decision just posted: rejected.
Interview was 3/6. Think numbers were pretty good, experience ok, good recs (scribing now for PCOM alum), but interview was rough.
Best wishes to those still in the running!

• Care
Interview was 3/6. Think numbers were pretty good, experience ok, good recs (scribing now for PCOM alum), but interview was rough.

I’m a current student and I would be happy to do a mock interview with you if you need to reapply!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I’m a current student and I would be happy to do a mock interview with you if you need to reapply!
That's tremendously kind; thank you! Sorting through the options (blessed to have an acceptance elsewhere) but will message if that's ok. Thank you again, so much!

For those of you who got acceptances, when did your portals update to 7 bars?

What made the interview so rough?

What made the interview so rough?
Nerves, shyness, inability to establish any kind of inter-personal connection during the interview. And when one of the interviewers explicitly said "wrong answer," that kind of signaled trouble (question was "Who is the most important member of the treatment team?" The only right answer is "the patient").

Nerves, shyness, inability to establish any kind of inter-personal connection during the interview. And when one of the interviewers explicitly said "wrong answer," that kind of signaled trouble (question was "Who is the most important member of the treatment team?" The only right answer is "the patient").
damn they asked you that? that's rough :( I would have said something along the lines that everyone plays a vital role in treating the patient. But that prob would have been considered wrong too tbh... I'm sorry mate. I wish you luck with the rest of your cycle :)

damn they asked you that? that's rough :( I would have said something along the lines that everyone plays a vital role in treating the patient. But that prob would have been considered wrong too tbh... I'm sorry mate. I wish you luck with the rest of your cycle :)
Thanks so much. And yes, know for a fact that would have been (and was) the wrong answer!
Best of luck to you as well!

Thanks so much. And yes, know for a fact that would have been (and was) the wrong answer!
Best of luck to you as well!
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much... I had this question and provided the "wrong answer," though I think I provided a great alternative that I explained thoroughly. Ended up getting an A.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much... I had this question and provided the "wrong answer," though I think I provided a great alternative that I explained thoroughly. Ended up getting an A.
I didn't interview at PCOM but had this happen in another med school interview with an ethics question. I provided an answer and the interviewer kept pushing me with "but what about this and that" and trying to steer me in the "right" direction. At the end, he told me what he was looking for and I acknowledged that I had missed that portion and understood the reasoning. But I kept my cool during the interview and sometimes they're looking for how you respond to a stressful situation and potentially turn it around.

Reactions: 2 users
the waiting is brutal 😭 still hoping for a ii

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Is there a group chat for accepted students?

Yes! Here’s the link for the GroupMe:

You're invited to my new group 'PCOM PHL DO 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Within the GroupMe, you’ll also find the link for the Discord.

Just received an interview invite. Scheduled for next week.

Anyone have insight into whether the class is full? If this is considered late and if I’ll just be interviewing for the waitlist at this point?

Reactions: 9 users
Hi folks! I have an interview coming up and I would really appreciate it someone could give more insight to these questions.

1. Does PCOM have a 2 year pre-clerkship? What clinical experiences do students gain during this time? How annoying is the grading system?
2. When are students expected to take Step 1/ COMLEX 1 and what is the allotted study period?

Thanks in advance!

Just received an interview invite. Scheduled for next week.

Anyone have insight into whether the class is full? If this is considered late and if I’ll just be interviewing for the waitlist at this point?
Congrats! Any chance you remember how long interviews are going until when you scheduled?

Hi folks! I have an interview coming up and I would really appreciate it someone could give more insight to these questions.

1. Does PCOM have a 2 year pre-clerkship? What clinical experiences do students gain during this time? How annoying is the grading system?
2. When are students expected to take Step 1/ COMLEX 1 and what is the allotted study period?

Thanks in advance!
These are fantastic questions to ask in the Q&A Section of the interview as well!

Just withdrew my A hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 4 users
I just hit 7 bars with withdrawal after offer pop up, really hoping that means A!!! Trying not to get too excited. Interviewed 3/6

Just got the A!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the PCOM family!!! Here is the link for the GroupMe:
Here is the link for the Discord:
And here is the link for today’s Google meeting (if you wanna join but no pressure!):
We’ll be discussing med school resources!