2022-2023 Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m going completely nuts over the ambiguity prompt. Been staring at it for a week and I haven’t had a single good idea

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For the ambiguity prompt, is it fair to assume that the decision-making process displayed is more important than the significance of the decision?

Starting to think that we’re the most ambiguous group of applicants that they’ve decided to not send II this year

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Starting to think that we’re the most ambiguous group of applicants that they’ve decided to not send II this year
If anyone is gonna get an II first it will be you

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction- they'll only interview sunshower26 and the rest of us were too ambiguous for them :rofl:

Lolol nah we’ll just all show up and force a group interview bc that’s how we deal w ambiguity - strength in numbers!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does this school have non rolling admissions

What is the difference؟
Non rolling means the time you interview does not make a difference for admissions decisions. Rolling means a later II will most likely result in a waitlist (like interviewing in Feb compared to August). I’m sure someone else can explain it better than I can bruh 🖤

Reactions: 1 user
@MCAThiccy is correct except for waitlist part. All Ivies announce admissions for their school at the end of their interview season, in most cases almost within days of each other except for Columbia which goes first usually sometime mid to late February. A rolling admission school usually starts announcing admissions sometime in November and keep announcing until they release all waitlists. So places like NYU, Stanford, Hopkins, WashU have announced their first list of admissions in November and keep adding to the list.

There will be waitlists at both rolling and not rolling irrespective of when someone interviews whether it is rolling or not rolling and it does not depend on when you interview. So when Ivies release their list, they admit some, reject some and put the rest on waitlist. In a lot of cases the waitlist they keep is not ranked and in order to keep the diversity of the class, they try to replace people who they lose with similar profile people from the waitlist.

Schools like NYU, Hopkins etc. admit some people they have already interviewed in November, keep rest on waitlist to keep comparing them to people they are still interviewing and admit batches of people every month or so. People are interviewed later are not necessarily being interviewed for waitlist since some of them also keep getting admitted. NYU is also known to issue rejections after an interview before they admit anyone.

Lolol nah we’ll just all show up and force a group interview bc that’s how we deal w ambiguity - strength in numbers!!
ahahahahaha yo how r all 8 of your interviews at like T10s? if I were you I wouldn't be waiting for any more IIs, did you cure cancer or something let me know the secrets plz o_O:rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, so I guess @MCAThiccy worked his/her adcom infiltration/psychomanipulation magic....

II, complete 6/29

• Love
ahahahahaha yo how r all 8 of your interviews at like T10s? if I were you I wouldn't be waiting for any more IIs, did you cure cancer or something let me know the secrets plz o_O:rofl:
Nah, I wish, just got really deeply involved with activities and things I was passionate about (as uber cliche as that sounds). Still don't know how everything will turn out but if you have any questions, feel free to DM me! And I do really want to assess school values/culture/student life and learn about each school/which would fit me best (again, as cliche as that sounds haha).

II! WARS 92, LM 81, OOS, ORM, BMI 22, Body fat percentage ~20%! Complete July 25

One of my dream schools :’)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
II as well today, I literally cried, thought I had no chance given my relative lack of research (no pubs yet) and secondary timing. Complete 7/12, 522/4.0

Reactions: 2 users
woke up to OOS II! complete 6/29

• Love
II just now, completed 7/1 ORM

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II at 9:36 AM EST, completed 8/3, IS, URM, LM 80

+1 OOS ORM completed 07/05

II earlier today, OOS. Completed 6/27.

LM 81.6 || ORM || Non-Trad || EMT || Research || 4Q CA$PER

I am not very sure being instate makes a whole lot of difference at Penn!

II earlier today. OOS, submitted 6/30. Good luck everyone...I know how hard the wait it!! Fingers crossed for all of us!!

II two days ago, OOS 522/4.0, anybody have insight on the interview?

II earlier today- complete 7/8, IS, 73 LM

II just now I almost cried reading the email. Complete 7/5!! LM 77

• Love
II just now im actually wilding out bruh 😭 complete 06/27

• Love
II, LM 81.7 OOS complete 7/11

Last edited:
Sounds like 80 is a magic number..

II September 10, 2022. Complete early August. 519 MCAT, 3.90 ogpa, 3.96 sgpa, current grad student w/ publications