2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think ADCOMs are looking for a long essay. I submitted a short paragraph. Being truthful would be appreciated and if this surfaces in the interview, you can answer without stumbling.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary but never got a paypal confirmation email... they def took my $80 tho so... I guess it's good

Members don't see this ad :)
How are y’all making a CV . I already have one but i’m wondering what edits I should make to it so it’s suitable for medical schools..

How are y’all making a CV . I already have one but i’m wondering what edits I should make to it so it’s suitable for medical schools..
Basically resume format but with TWO lines only for employment (Job title | company | dates *next line* One sentence describing it). And then I have a "volunteering" section where I JUST name the volunteer opportunities with dates

You have to make a CV for NYITCOM? I don’t remember seeing anything like that on the secondary.

Reactions: 11 users
Problem is I talk about location a ton in my why NYIT-COM essay so anything more about MUA would be just.. redundant. ughhhh. I've been fighting with this essay for like 5 days now it's stumping me. Maybe I'll just take the L and only submit a really short one here.
i don't think it would be redundant. it would make your goals very clear. you can say what community (or type of population) you would like to serve, what inspired you/drives you to serve that community, and why you think NYITCOM will help you become a doctor who does this. remember the secondaries are about being authentic and showing them a little more about who you are.

How long did it take y’all to receive the PayPal receipt email? It’s been like 3-4 hours for me and no PayPal email
I got the PayPal receipt email almost immediately after paying (this was on 7/14) but I still haven't received an email from NYITCOM that they received my secondary app.

Received complete email today

I just got an email from NYITCOM telling me that I haven't submitted my secondary application yet. I've been delayed in submitting my secondary because I was out of country for the last month. I'm planning on submitting it today, but should I be worried about my chances for an interview because I received this email ?? Subject line of the email was "NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine - Missing Supplemental Application"

I just got an email from NYITCOM telling me that I haven't submitted my secondary application yet. I've been delayed in submitting my secondary because I was out of country for the last month. I'm planning on submitting it today, but should I be worried about my chances for an interview because I received this email ?? Subject line of the email was "NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine - Missing Supplemental Application"

Most likely an automated reminder email. You should be OK.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lurking 4th year here, happy to answer questions about the school if I can. Answered some last year so feel free to browse that thread. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Recent graduate here, also happy to answer questions as time permits.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know when nyit starts sending out IIs?

anyone know how interviews work here? Is our application viewable to both locations or just the one you put on your preference?

Just got an email from them stating to update any grades I have so they can begin to review my app

Just got an email from them stating to update any grades I have so they can begin to review my app
is there a reason why they want your updated grades? Wouldn't they assume grades we submitted are final?

is there a reason why they want your updated grades? Wouldn't they assume grades we submitted are final?
I'm assuming for my spring grades! I had left them blank since i was in the process of completing them. After emailing them back, they said they'll review my app soon so I'm assuming app review has started and IIs will be sent in mid-August?

• Wow
I'm assuming for my spring grades! I had left them blank since i was in the process of completing them. After emailing them back, they said they'll review my app soon so I'm assuming app review has started and IIs will be sent in mid-August?
exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Earliest II I have seen from NYITCOM was early August (I am a reapp but first time DO applicant). So they can come anytime now :))

When did you submit your secondary?

My secondary email was in my spam folder (rec'd 7/6) and I just saw it a few days ago, so it is past the 10 day "deadline". If I submit tomorrow (29 days later), do I still stand a chance? or would I be wasting my $?

My secondary email was in my spam folder (rec'd 7/6) and I just saw it a few days ago, so it is past the 10 day "deadline". If I submit tomorrow (29 days later), do I still stand a chance? or would I be wasting my $?
You are fine. I think it’s more of a recommendation anyway

anyone know how interviews work here? Is our application viewable to both locations or just the one you put on your preference?
Hey! 21-22 applicant here. Interviewed with NYTICOM. You will get an interview where you put but sometimes they can change it if they think you’re a better fit for the other school

Hey! 21-22 applicant here. Interviewed with NYTICOM. You will get an interview where you put but sometimes they can change it if they think you’re a better fit for the other school
ty!

does anyone know when they start sending out interview invites?

Hello, has anyone gotten any e-mail signifying their application as complete yet?

Yes, a few days after payment.
I see thanks. I paid my secondary and a few days later got an email saying it was received, but i got another saying I was missing a LOR since i was still waiting for one more. Now that I got that LOR in (on August 4th), i was wondering if another confirmation email was supposed to come in to confirm they got it

I see thanks. I paid my secondary and a few days later got an email saying it was received, but i got another saying I was missing a LOR since i was still waiting for one more. Now that I got that LOR in (on August 4th), i was wondering if another confirmation email was supposed to come in to confirm they got it

If you don’t get any email then just call to be sure your entire application is complete and ready for review.

For cycles before covid, NYIT sent out IIs in early August. Last cycle, then sent out IIs around mid August. So maybe this week will be the first week of NYIT sending out IIs!!

Is anyone else furiously refreshing their email or is it just me?

Reactions: 6 users
It was august 18 last year for the old Westbury campus