2022-2023 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question about phrases to describe yourself. Does anyone know if we have to describe the phrases NOT associated with our decision to do medicine or do we just list them?

Members don't see this ad.

Any advice for approaching the 10 words/phrases? I feel like a lot of mine are cliche. Also, are you just making a bullet point list or adding little explanations as well?
I just listed all 10 traits (some were very cliche lol) and then said which ones related to medicine. And then I wrote a paragraph for each one specific to medicine. I talked about how I have demonstrated this trait in my life and why it makes the field of medicine a good fit for me.

Reactions: 1 user
For the question about phrases to describe yourself. Does anyone know if we have to describe the phrases NOT associated with our decision to do medicine or do we just list them?
I personally just listed and explained the three associated with medicine. Not sure if that's what they wanted or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they start sending IIs

Reactions: 1 users
MSUCHM 2022-2023

500 words each

Imagine and reflect upon your life and medical career at the time of retirement. What do you envision being your proudest/most significant accomplishment?

American society may be experiencing a watershed moment as it reckons with various systemic injustices. Use the space below to share your thoughts about this statement.

Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights.

In the most general sense, create a list of ten (or more) words or phrases you might use to describe or characterize yourself to someone you just met. From this list of words or phrases, are any associated with your decision to pursue medicine as a career? If yes, select up to 3 and explain. If no, explain.

If you could present yourself to the Admissions Committee, what would you want to make sure they knew about you?

[mention]PapaGuava [/mention]

Does anyone know how the OOS rate is at this school? Not a Michigan native but grew up in Great Lakes region for most of my life

does anyone know if any interview invites were sent out?

II received today at 9pm EST.
IS, LM 76, WARS 86, Secondary submitted 7/14. If anyone has any questions lmk!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm kinda confused, are the MD-PH & LMU programs based entirely in Flint? I'm interested in both programs but would prefer the EL campus

I'm kinda confused, are the MD-PH & LMU programs based entirely in Flint? I'm interested in both programs but would prefer the EL campus
For LMU, the first 2 years you would be in EL or GR. After that, you must go to Flint.

OOS II received 8/29, completed 7/28.

Members don't see this ad :)
For MD/Ph.D, is there a different application or mainly the primary, secondary and let the program know? Any separate graduate school application? Thanks in advance

For MD/Ph.D, is there a different application or mainly the primary, secondary and let the program know? Any separate graduate school application? Thanks in advance
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now, I feel like the website has contradicting info, but I think you only need to fill out the grad school app if they invite you for interview? I'm really not sure

Hello everyone. Current CHM student happy to answer any questions about the school.

would it look bad if majority of my primary/secondary is based on a desire to serve the underserved but I don't apply for the LMU program?

for the future accomplishment question, is it okay if i talk about more than one even if the question implies to only talk about one accomplishment?

for the future accomplishment question, is it okay if i talk about more than one even if the question implies to only talk about one accomplishment?
I talked about two! I kinda used it as a why MSUCHM essay and how their programs will help me do these two things

Any tips for interviewing?
Very holistic school. Be authentic and show why the mission statement matters to you. Being humble and honest matters far more than trying to impress. That being said, expect a chill interview. Everyone is on your side and wants to highlight your best qualities.

Reactions: 2 users
My application was forwarded for preliminary review 8/11 and still is not complete. Has this happened to anyone else with similar dates?

My application was forwarded for preliminary review 8/11 and still is not complete. Has this happened to anyone else with similar dates?
Im complete and have been forwarded to prelim review since Aug 22nd

You have to be complete for it
I thought preliminary review means your app is complete. Mine says "Application Complete - Forwarded for Review".
Yes it says that ^^^ on the left. In the details part it gives me the day it was forwarded for prelim review which was Aug 22