2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how many places did you apply to?
A lot of places. All HBCUS and wherever else I could. My wallet is crying, but I wanted to cast a wide net to avoid reapplication.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those with II mind sharing when you were complete?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those with II mind sharing when you were complete?
Yes pls. “Complete early” helps a bit but I feel like the earliest you could have been complete is like 3 weeks? So complete day 1/within a week/etc would be helpful for us all neurotic bitches ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yes pls. “Complete early” helps a bit but I feel like the earliest you could have been complete is like 3 weeks? So complete day 1/within a week/etc would be helpful for us all neurotic bitches ❤️
LMAO I got y'all, I submitted my app the first day AMCAS opened for this school 11/9. Received a secondary invite 11/21 and submitted and was complete 11/22.

Congrats! Mind sharing stats ?
Sorry for the delay. I’m working 12’s so don’t have much time.

Submitted Primary on 11/9

Secondary received 11/21

Completed and submitted I believe 11/26 but received email of 2nd confirmation on 11/28. Not sure exactly when I did without checking my sheet.

URM IS 509 2nd (128/125/129/127) 506 1st

Cumm : BCMP 2.77 Total : 2.85

Under Grad: Too lazy to check

6 years in CC ruined my GPA so not much I can do about that

Post-Bacc (30units of science with some seminars on top) : BCPM 3.84 Total: 3.72 Committee Letter

Lizzy score of 59 if I count TO of all. I’m guessing they weighed my post bacc more…

WARS 56 if I’m being kind to myself but also using TO of 2.85 and not last 30 units which would be a 76.

I don’t really place any emphasis on these scores.

As of Primary Application

EMT : 1800 One Year this month - Full Time

• ALS majority of it
High School CG Instructor : 1600

• team won multiple trophies
CG Performer/Arts : 4100

• won multiple medals in different divisions as a team competing “internationally” around the US
Minimal Shadowing like very minimal

Film Photography : 400

Biology Tutor at CC : Two Semesters

Reactions: 5 users
woahhhhhh!!! complete when? also did you get options to schedule or set date/

also damn I gotta start answering phone calls now (hopefully)
11/21 received submitted I think 11/26 but received email 11/28
Primary in 11/9

I received one today too! I was told that they were going to send me an email with details about the interview but I haven’t received anything. Did they send you one?
I was told they’d email me in 24hours. Haven’t received it but it’s the weekend so I’m not worried. Also because I’m pretty sure I submitted secondary on the weekend but received email confirmation the following Monday. If I don’t have an email by then I’ll contact the person who called me.

Congrats to those who received an II! Did you have two semesters of biochem? Just curious to see if they are strict with it haha
My major is Biochem so I had plenty plus my post-bacc classes were basically biochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
forgot to say this yesterday but received a phone call for II around 3:30 PM! IS applicant, URM, 3.02 sGPA, 509 MCAT, verified complete on 12/05

i was super surprised how quickly the turnaround time was from secondary -> II. i technically also have only 1 semester of Biochem but i emailed them and they mentioned that they make decisions on missing prerequisites on a case by case basis.

Reactions: 7 users
I received secondary on 11/21 and submitted on 11/24. I received an email confirming that they received my secondary, is this the "complete" email? or do they send an actual email stating the app is complete?

I received secondary on 11/21 and submitted on 11/24. I received an email confirming that they received my secondary, is this the "complete" email? or do they send an actual email stating the app is complete?
They only send the secondary receipt email

Is it worth looking at interview questions and resources from the UCLA/Drew program on SDN to prepare for the interview?

Is it worth looking at interview questions and resources from the UCLA/Drew program on SDN to prepare for the interview?
Hey! I recently participated in a mock MMI event for CDU/Ucla over the weekend. Idk if this may be helpful, but I would just be confident with that style of interviewing and expect traditional questions as well as a little bit of ethical scenarios. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I recently participated in a mock MMI event for CDU/Ucla over the weekend. Idk if this may be helpful, but I would just be confident with that style of interviewing and expect traditional questions as well as a little bit of ethical scenarios. :)
Got it! Thank you :)

Just got the call for an interview SOS I can’t breathe

Reactions: 9 users
Just got a call for the interview as well! As early as tomorrow morning! So excited! Anyone that already interviewed have any tips?

• Love
I was told I would receive an email with more information regarding the interview, I still haven’t received that email, but I’ll worry about that when it’s approaching evening time.

For anyone that’s received an interview offer, how long after that call did you receive the email?
Edit: email received

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I was told I would receive an email with more information regarding the interview, I still haven’t received that email, but I’ll worry about that when it’s approaching evening time.

For anyone that’s received an interview offer, how long after that call did you receive the email?
Edit: email received
I contacted them regarding the email. I think there was an issue but received it less than an hour ago. That's such short notice for an interview. How are you preparing? I have mine later in the week

I contacted them regarding the email. I think there was an issue but received it less than an hour ago. That's such short notice for an interview. How are you preparing? I have mine later in the week
I recently attended a mock interview with the school so I kinda feel like that helps, luckily I’m coming off fresh another interview last week too 🥹

I’m just taking the rest of the day off to relax and trust my journey

• Love
I wonder how many people they are interviewing for their first class. Since they aren't doing rolling admissions, does that mean they are interviewing fewer people for their 60 seats?

And does anyone know how much there tuition might be for instate and out of state because I didn't see anything on their website or the MSAR for their MD program.

I wonder how many people they are interviewing for their first class. Since they aren't doing rolling admissions, does that mean they are interviewing fewer people for their 60 seats?

And does anyone know how much there tuition might be for instate and out of state because I didn't see anything on their website or the MSAR for their MD program.
Feel free to ask at the interview and let us know 😂

• Haha
So I'm reading up on the their admissions timeline and it looks like the interviews go from DEC 2022 to APR 2023. It states that admissions are distributed starting March 15th, 2023. Does this mean we need to wait like 3 months if we interview in December to know the results?

I recently attended a mock interview with the school so I kinda feel like that helps, luckily I’m coming off fresh another interview last week too 🥹

I’m just taking the rest of the day off to relax and trust my journey
This is really odd to ask, but if possible would you double check what type of interviews they plan to have. I was told two on-on-one but looking at the policy stated on the school of medicine website(not the CDU) it says one one-on-one and four 10 minu
So I'm reading up on the their admissions timeline and it looks like the interviews go from DEC 2022 to APR 2023. It states that admissions are distributed starting March 15th, 2023. Does this mean we need to wait like 3 months if we interview in December to know the results?
Yupp. And I thought one month for MCAT score was rough

This is really odd to ask, but if possible would you double check what type of interviews they plan to have. I was told two on-on-one but looking at the policy stated on the school of medicine website(not the CDU) it says one one-on-one and four 10 minu

Yupp. And I thought one month for MCAT score was rough
I was also told two one-on-one interviews each lasting 20 minutes.

Yea. That's how they are with the ucla/cdu program so some people wait from October until February -March to find out

• Wow
I'm going to make an insane prediction and I need @Moms_spaghetti and others interviewing today to confirm. I think CDU's first year class is getting full-tuition. If I am wrong I need you all to downvote this post to hell.

• Love
  • Wow
I'm going to make an insane prediction and I need @Moms_spaghetti and others interviewing today to confirm. I think CDU's first year class is getting full-tuition. If I am wrong I need you all to downvote this post to hell.
Look i was crossing my fingers for that too lol so we can be crazy together

• Love
I'm going to make an insane prediction and I need @Moms_spaghett and others interviewing today to confirm. I think CDU's first year class is getting full-tuition. If I am wrong I need you all to downvote this post to hell.
CDU plsss

Attachments

• 2A4D7192-FAB6-4F24-A871-F68F06E39BBF.jpeg
    2A4D7192-FAB6-4F24-A871-F68F06E39BBF.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 58
  • Haha
interviewed for the school about an hour ago. It’s 2 closed file traditional 1:1 interviews

They asked so many questions (6-7) in both interviews that I didn’t have the chance to ask any questions lol 2nd interview touched a lot of different things and 1st was more about my story

As for tuition cost I have no idea and I would email the school at [email protected] for any questions or sending thank you notes

Did they tell you that or is that based on the amount it is for the other programs/the cost per credit hours at the school?
I heard it from the CDU MD info session. They try to find more scholarships to reduce tuition. The cost is 68,000- 70,000$ yearly as I remember