2022-2023 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone with MSAR know what the 25th-75th GPA & MCAT percentile range was for this school last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone with MSAR know what the 25th-75th GPA & MCAT percentile range was for this school last year?
25th percentile total GPA: 3.5
75th percentile total GPA: 3.89
25th percentile sGPA: 3.34
75th percentile sGPA: 3.85
25th percentile MCAT: 504
75th percentile MCAT: 512

Reactions: 1 user
II, OOS, ORM, LM 66, complete 7/8

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II on Monday IS, URM, LM 67, reapp complete 7/16. Kinda freaking out bc the only available interview date was this Friday but yolo <3

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
On the secondary where it asks you to assign your pre-requisites, should I only assign my undergraduate few courses that satisfy the minimums? I am a non-trad with a recent masters where i took grad level courses that satisfy a lot of the pre-reqs. would i assign ALL courses that would fall into each category? Or ONLY undergrad basic sciences?

can you talk about the clinical opportunities available on the mt pleasant campus during first 2 years? Any free clinics?
student interest groups organize shadowing shifts for several specialties and there is also a street medicine group has several events that are basically a free clinic. lots of research and local opportunities for experience if you're willing to reach out

Hi guys,
On the secondary where it asks you to assign your pre-requisites, should I only assign my undergraduate few courses that satisfy the minimums? I am a non-trad with a recent masters where i took grad level courses that satisfy a lot of the pre-reqs. would i assign ALL courses that would fall into each category? Or ONLY undergrad basic sciences?
Where does it ask you to do this? I filled out the whole thing and I didn't see a page/question for this.

Did you get like 4 emails? Basically their system send an individual email for each part of the secondary. One of these parts is the pre requisite assignment. For me it was the first or second section when I log in. The actual secondary essays and questions are last, all the way at the bottom for me
no I just got one... Are they all sent at once?

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodmorning! Would you happen to have any Canadian peers at Central Michigan, or know of any accepted in other years? :)
Yeah theres a few students from Canada in my class, think 4-5

I was complete 7/5. If I haven’t heard back, is this kind of a bad sign?

Is the CMU interview just MMI? if not is the interview open file or closed file?

II IS at noon! This is my first one and I am so excited :)

II IS today at noon! Complete 7/21

Anyone know the post-ii A rate? I can’t find it
Not sure on an exact number but I would imagine greater than 50%. They take a lot of people off the waitlist and, given that they are not a T30 school, they probably have a lot of people rescind their acceptance to go to another school.

Not sure on an exact number but I would imagine greater than 50%. They take a lot of people off the waitlist and, given that they are not a T30 school, they probably have a lot of people rescind their acceptance to go to another school.
So I believe CMU matriculates about 110 students a year?

For anyone that’s interviewed already, do I need to prepare like standard interview question answers? Like why CMU, why medicine, strengths/weaknesses etc.? Or are those kind of questions not asked?

For anyone that’s interviewed already, do I need to prepare like standard interview question answers? Like why CMU, why medicine, strengths/weaknesses etc.? Or are those kind of questions not asked?
I was wondering the same but it really sounds like just MMIs?

Had my interview here earlier today. Overall, I had a very positive experience! Everyone was super friendly and did a good job of making people comfortable. Group session was laid back and actually enjoyable. MMIs were pretty standard. Good luck to everyone else!

Does anyone know if they’re sending acceptances today? Or are they starting Monday?

Does anyone know if they’re sending acceptances today? Or are they starting Monday?
I’m guessing Monday. I’ve been watching this thread to see if anyone heard anything back from them today, and it doesn’t seem like it, unless people just aren’t mentioning it which is also a possibility.

I’m guessing Monday. I’ve been watching this thread to see if anyone heard anything back from them today, and it doesn’t seem like it, unless people just aren’t mentioning it which is also a possibility.
Thanks I’ve been watching all day too :(

Received the A about an hour ago! Interviewed on 8/26.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed August 26th. In-state. Haven't heard anything back yet this weekend or today yet. I hope they give me an acceptance/ waitlist/ rejection soon. It would suck to be stringed along through silence.
I know!! I’m so worried right now :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

• Sad