2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It says do not add to it unless the admissions committee asked you for information. My friend added to it and they deleted it the next day and told her that it is only if we request info.
That's weird. Christopher was the one that told me to add updates there, and that is where I have been adding them. So far so good, I just got lucky with my counselor I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Just be a decent human being. They are NOT going to ask you medicine based questions to test your medical knowledge. Be yourself and answer as if you are talking to a friend. There are only 2 mmi situations and each with a time limit of 5 minutes. The whole process (from logging on to logging off) took about 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Be a team player, be considerate, don't make assumptions, and be a good friend. I hope this helps! I was very nervous before my mmi as well and am just sharing what I wish I was told before.

They ask us to not talk about specifics from our situations, so i'll refrain from giving details, but the situtions were very similar in style to the Casper exam.
Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be. Stay positive. I think the WL does move. See above accepted from WL.
TY. I noticed that some previous posts said that they had to confirm/accept their status on the portal page, how would you do that? Or do we have to do that if it's a waitlist? So frustrated by all their rankings....

Interviewed 1/27, waitlisted yesterday! I went on my portal today just becuase I had a strange feeling and noticed that I had an "offer of alternate status" which was not on my portal yesterday. I wasn't given another email to warn me about it either. If you got a waitlist recently, make sure to check your portal again! They made it seem like if I didn't accept it, I would have to withdraw my application

Received II at 5:07 PM!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/27, waitlisted yesterday! I went on my portal today just because I had a strange feeling and noticed that I had an "offer of alternate status" which was not on my portal yesterday. I wasn't given another email to warn me about it either. If you got a waitlist recently, make sure to check your portal again! They made it seem like if I didn't accept it, I would have to withdraw my application
The SAME thing happened to me just now! I am trying not to be bummed, because I received the Waitlist status three weeks ago. I never saw the "offer of alternate status" on my portal nor an email to warn me about it. I randomly checked my portal today and was shocked to see that I needed to reply to something so I quickly accepted the alternate status. Essentially, I lost three weeks of being on the waitlist. I'm trying not to think about whether or not I would have been accepted by now if I had accepted my status earlier, as someone who interviewed the same day as me was recently accepted off of the waitlist. Oh well, whatever is meant to be. Either way, I'm so happy to hear others are being accepted off of the waitlist. On the bright side, THANK GOD I at least caught it now and not at the end of the cycle when it would be too late.

I'm also a bit confused because the Waitlist letter claims that the Admissions Committee "has placed you on the waitlist ... The Admissions Office will contact you right away if a place becomes available for the entering class." It sounds as though they have already placed me on the waitlist, and it does not state that any action is needed on my part.

I hope we all get in to the school that is best for us! Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I feel really nervous; I interviewed back in November and I still haven’t received a response (accept/reject/waitlist). Anyone else in the same boat? There’s no news on my portal either- should this be cause for concern? Should I contact them since many people have found out their status when they interviewed in Jan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I feel really nervous; I interviewed back in November and I still haven’t received a response (accept/reject/waitlist). Anyone else in the same boat? There’s no news on my portal either- should this be cause for concern? Should I contact them since many people have found out their status when they interviewed in Jan?
I think you should send them an email. They did tell us to reach out if we don't hear anything after 3-4 weeks. Fingers crossed you get some good news!

Is anyone else having trouble getting a hold of admissions?

Hi sorry if this has been answered but can someone comment on if they said if the interview is open or closed file?

Is there still any WL or alternate list movement happening?
Yes, there is! Two people wrote on here a few weeks ago that they got in off the waitlist (refer to previous pages) and I know someone who got in off the waitlist on Friday. Have hope and MAKE SURE to ACCEPT your alternate status on the status page!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, there is! Two people wrote on here a few weeks ago that they got in off the waitlist (refer to previous pages) and I know someone who got in off the waitlist on Friday. Have hope and MAKE SURE to ACCEPT your alternate status on the status page!
Hi. Thank you so much for sharing this. Do you know his/her interview date?

Anyone know when the next set of decisions are expected to come out :)?

Anyone applying to ISAC send in their app in the email body or did you makea doc?

Hi. Thank you so much for sharing this. Do you know his/her interview date?
The two people who moved from the waitlist/deferred acceptance shared their interview dates on previous pages, and the person I know who moved off the waitlist recently had their interview/MMI on the 13th and 14th of January.

• Love
Are you waitlisted as well? Any movement? Thanks
I was waitlisted on 2/11 and offered alternate status on 2/12. So far I haven’t heard of any waitlist movement in the last 2 weeks, but they tend to respond on Friday’s, so we’ll see tomorrow!

I was waitlisted on 2/11 and offered alternate status on 2/12. So far I haven’t heard of any waitlist movement in the last 2 weeks, but they tend to respond on Friday’s, so we’ll see tomorrow!
What is the difference between waitlist and alternate?

What is the difference between waitlist and alternate?
A lot of people say they are the same, but I think they're different for COMP. From past comments it looks like the alternate list is the only one with movement. In my personal opinion, I think that the alternate list is for students that they would have accepted if the class weren't full and they will be recieving acceptances as spots open up. Whereas the waitlist is people they really liked, but probably wont have any movement until later in the cycle perhaps once the alternate list is empty or after they are finished interviewing. I could be completely wrong though.

A lot of people say they are the same, but I think they're different for COMP. From past comments it looks like the alternate list is the only one with movement. In my personal opinion, I think that the alternate list is for students that they would have accepted if the class weren't full and they will be recieving acceptances as spots open up. Whereas the waitlist is people they really liked, but probably wont have any movement until later in the cycle perhaps once the alternate list is empty or after they are finished interviewing. I could be completely wrong though.
Okay thanks for the insight! I received alternate status too, so just curious. It did say specifically that it is just for this year and can't be transferred to next (at least in my case)

I have an interview coming up soon and was wondering if anyone had advice they could give me? 🤗

I have an interview coming up soon and was wondering if anyone had advice they could give me? 🤗
I don’t want to sound unhelpful, but BE YOURSELF. Practice answering questions concisely. I originally thought 30min would be plenty of time to answer their interview questions.. turned out I elaborated a bit too much for some questions that I got cut off. Other than that, conversations with the interviewers were quite casual, not too nerve wrecking imo. Best of luck to you!

I don’t want to sound unhelpful, but BE YOURSELF. Practice answering questions concisely. I originally thought 30min would be plenty of time to answer their interview questions.. turned out I elaborated a bit too much for some questions that I got cut off. Other than that, conversations with the interviewers were quite casual, not too nerve wrecking imo. Best of luck to you!
Thank you for the insight!! Do you mind if I DM you?

I think it's the opposite, those in the waitlist will be offered admission prior to those that are currently in the alternate status.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received an email from admissions regarding the Telehealth: Virtual Care Experience Webinar?

See below student accepted off the alternate list
Defferal Acceptance >> Waitlisted>>> Alternate List (See the forums of last years: First Waitlisted get off the waitlist). Also: For waitlisted (not alternate list), the letter says: I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates.
The person you mentioned was waitlisted and accepted the alternate list offer. This is the case for ALL waitlisted. This is what I found after reading all the forums discussions of the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the Feb 10 interview cohort heard anything back yet?

Has anyone from the Feb 10 interview cohort heard anything back yet?
I haven't heard back yet either.. but my application status page changed, it only shows the checklist and official score, no more app fee or withdraw my application section... does that mean I'm rejected?